We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

keep having to re-install

every month or so when i turn on my computer and open up my game client it says i have 0 files downloaded and I'm forced to completely re-install the game(this can take up to 24 hours at time due to the limited interdet speed in my area). what would cause the game files to vanish like that?

if files are being deleted form your PC then theres 2 possiblitys
    1 somebodys deleting them
    or
    2 you have a virus, malware or trojan etc on your pc

if someboys deleting the files change your passwords so they cant access your pc

assuming nobodys delting the files then run a virus scan of your pc and run malware scanning software such as malwarebytes antimalware free

if nothing is found then check your lotro install folder, if the files are still there then your install may be corrupt, the easiest way arround this is to install lotro via steam... ie install steam, run the lotro download for a few seconds so the folders are created then copy your current install into the folder structure created by steam, then run the steam verify integrity of game cache

backup your lotro install folder and copy the files back if they get deleted again, this will save the large download