We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Black Screen Crash

Hey Guys,

after my old Videocard Radeon HD 4830 died, i bought a new PowerColor Radeon R9 270. After installing it i started the game to see how it works. I was able to play fine for maybe 15 minutes but then the screen turned black for few seconds, then came back. Few minutes later it happend again and this time i couldn´t play anymore and had to kill the Lotro process in the task manager.
    This happend only after i bought the new Card so i guess it has to be somehow related. Could it be a Driver issue? Cause im running the latest and don´t know what else to do. I tried running in very low, direct x9, and 11 and nothing worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyan View Post
    Hey Guys,

after my old Videocard Radeon HD 4830 died, i bought a new PowerColor Radeon R9 270. After installing it i started the game to see how it works. I was able to play fine for maybe 15 minutes but then the screen turned black for few seconds, then came back. Few minutes later it happend again and this time i couldn´t play anymore and had to kill the Lotro process in the task manager.
    This happend only after i bought the new Card so i guess it has to be somehow related. Could it be a Driver issue? Cause im running the latest and don´t know what else to do. I tried running in very low, direct x9, and 11 and nothing worked.
    This sounds like the dreaded Windows Vista/7/8 Driver dumping/reloading problem. What happens is if the OS determines that the GPU (your Video Card) doesn't respond within a certain amount of time (I think 3 seconds is the default) it'll dump and reload the display driver.

What I would recommend that you do is to download the very latest Catalyst drivers from AMD and once downloaded do a clean uninstall of the current driver that you have installed and then reboot. Once rebooted install the latest drivers and reboot again.

Here's a direct link to the latest drivers for your card (Win7/Win8 64-bit): http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...s%207%20-%2064

If the 13.12 drivers don't work out you can always try the 14.1 beta drivers.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine