We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

DPS role in groups?

I haven't played my warden seriously since the cap was 65 - just leveled to 75 and 85 and parked him in a craft hall each time, basically. I remember back at 65 wardens could do precisely two things, if we were in a group we were the tank, otherwise we soloed, there was no viable way to group as dps. Which was fine at the time since I hadn't burned out on tanking back then. And having burned out a couple years ago, the thought of picking up tanking again with completely different threat mechanics and a revamped class is really not appealing.

As my warden slowly inches towards 95 I'm curious if there's anything he could do in groups, if he joins my other characters in transferring to Brandywine. I've never really looked at the Assailment ranged thing they added in RoI, but since it's not (as far as I know) useful for soloing I'd guess that if we do have a group dps option that's where it would be. Or is warden dps still not worth considering in a group setting, in red or yellow line?

If not, it's probably not worth the bother of transferring him, since he can sit in a craft hall on a dead server just as well as on Brandywine...

If played right, very few classes can consistently put out more sustained dps than a redline warden right now. Our tanking is also very solid (maybe not as good as guards atm, but with the current content the difference hardly matters). I still find groups that are skeptical of a warden's dps capabilities, but it isn't hard to change their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltharas View Post
    If played right, very few classes can consistently put out more sustained dps than a redline warden right now. Our tanking is also very solid (maybe not as good as guards atm, but with the current content the difference hardly matters). I still find groups that are skeptical of a warden's dps capabilities, but it isn't hard to change their minds.
    I find that redline doesn't make all that much of a difference, of course "Recklessness" will make somewhat of a difference but that severely limits survivability. I am in blueline at 95, and when I pop out the DoT Gambit line (War-Cry, Brink of Victory, Surety of Death, Desolation) I can take off around 15-20k in the 16 seconds the DoT's are active, and in that 16 seconds I can pop out the HoT Gambits (Persevere, Safeguard, Celebration of Skill, Restoration), heal back up to full health in a matter of seconds and cycle through those 2 lines.
    Although the last time I checked redline I was about 70, so I may switch over to do some testing now that I'm at 95
    [center][b][color=turquoise]Erebdraug R9 Warden - Erebelleth R6 Rune-Keeper[/color] | [color=crimson]Roshyk R6 Reaver - Rukat R6 Warg[/color][/b][/center]