We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Leveling via Cooking/Farming

Rather than go through the first few zones to level (I find they're much less frustrating to do
    at higher level, including LL) I've been using cooking and farming to level up to around 40, then
    skirmish grind to 45, get my LIs, and then go back and start working my way through the
    zones for the TP.

I usually buy a full stack of seeds/fertilizer/etc for each tier up til Master, at which point I
    get 1.5 stacks, and then 2 full stacks for Supreme. Ends up being a lot of stuff to process
    and cook, though by the time it's all said and done, I usually end up halfway through 41.

This way works for me, but would it maybe go quicker to speed through the lower tiers and
    instead focus on the last few? I only give each character 15g, though by the time I sell off
    all the bowls of water I get to make (~4k), I'm usually up to 25g or so, so net profit of 10g.

Normally I just stop at supreme tier because I can't buy crit items for westfold and up. I rely
    heavily on the crit items (parsley, thyme, wooly mint, etc) from the crit fields to pay for
    seeds, fertilizer, etc. That and the yield for westfold farms, coupled with how much I need
    to cap the cooking tier, is just depressing. I can't think it gets any better at rohan/HD tiers.

FWIW, I do have a level 83 warden that's in Rohan, and I've played through just about every
    zone during the VIP time I bought for him. So it's not like I'm skipping through the game, and
    I plan to go back to do the skipped zones anyway.

Edit: Fixed title.
    Last edited by scithen; Jan 19 2014 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Fixed title

Quote Originally Posted by scithen View Post
    Rather than go through the first few zones to level (I find they're much less frustrating to do
    at higher level, including LL) I've been using cooking and farming to level up to around 40, then
    skirmish grind to 45, get my LIs, and then go back and start working my way through the
    zones for the TP.

I usually buy a full stack of seeds/fertilizer/etc for each tier up til Master, at which point I
    get 1.5 stacks, and then 2 full stacks for Supreme. Ends up being a lot of stuff to process
    and cook, though by the time it's all said and done, I usually end up halfway through 41.

This way works for me, but would it maybe go quicker to speed through the lower tiers and
    instead focus on the last few? I only give each character 15g, though by the time I sell off
    all the bowls of water I get to make (~4k), I'm usually up to 25g or so, so net profit of 10g.

Normally I just stop at supreme tier because I can't buy crit items for westfold and up. I rely
    heavily on the crit items (parsley, thyme, wooly mint, etc) from the crit fields to pay for
    seeds, fertilizer, etc. That and the yield for westfold farms, coupled with how much I need
    to cap the cooking tier, is just depressing. I can't think it gets any better at rohan/HD tiers.

FWIW, I do have a level 83 warden that's in Rohan, and I've played through just about every
    zone during the VIP time I bought for him. So it's not like I'm skipping through the game, and
    I plan to go back to do the skipped zones anyway.

Edit: Fixed title.
    I'm gonna give this a shot, thanks. I have a 56 Hunter and I'd like to peek at some other classes. My fun in the game is crafting and roleplaying, so if this gets me through to about Moria then that'll be awesome. About how long does this process take to get to where you start running skirmishes until 45?

Quote Originally Posted by Laeore View Post
    About how long does this process take to get to where you start running skirmishes until 45?
    I can do 1-20 in about 8-10 hours or so, but I also manage taking care of my son, cooking for
    the family, doing housework etc.

20-41 takes about 4 days, though my method of farming feels slow compared to what you can
    get doing tiers 7-9. If you go right to eastemnet/westemnet coffee farming, you can probably
    speed it up a bit. Costs a few hundred silver for a full stack of seeds and water, but I can usually
    double (or more) my investment by just vendoring the coffee grounds once they're fully
    processed.

The latest batch I did (2 full stacks of westfold/eastemnet/westemnet) cost ~1.2 gold or so,
    but I ended up 4g or more ahead, I think, by the end of it.

On a side note, though, I've taken to just farming to 45.5, then upgrading my gear at the skirm
    camps before going to Eregion. Skirmish grinding got tedious as hell for me, at least on my RK
    and my captain.