We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Having problems with gambit builders missing? Here may be why...

From the mini forums

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...96#post7090296

Quote Originally Posted by Ransroth View Post
    Hi folks,

When you use an immediate skill, it cuts short the animation on the skill currently being executed, delivering all of that skill's damage at once. Prior to 12.2, there was an exploit that goes like this: You use the immediate skill, but then very quickly use another skill, before the immediate skill actually has time to execute. However, the previous skill already got sped up, and the immediate skill is off-cooldown so you can just do it again.

Our fix was to make it so that when you replace the immediate skill with another skill that quickly, and the immediate skill has shortened the previous skill's animation, the immediate skill then goes on cooldown even though it didn't really deliver it's payload.

This can cause the symptoms that this thread is discussing.

Is this exactly what you are seeing, or is there another dimension to it?

So - the scenario is:
    You use a skill A with a long animation
    You use an immediate skill B during the animation
    Very quickly, you use another skill C

Pre 12.2 behavior:
    Skill A is executed super-quickly. Skill C is executed. Skill B is not executed and is off cooldown, ready to do this again, possibly to shorten Skill C's animation

Post 12.2 behavior:
    Skill A is executed super-quickly. Skill C is executed. Skill B is not executed but is on cooldown and can't be used again
    So, if you have a milisecond of lag when manually building a gambit, or hit a builder, a mastery and a builder, or.... sigh..

Thanks for telling us we are WAI when our end gambits dont match what we are building.

I wont even tell you how aggravating this is for my LM, who relies on a rotation of debuffs and DPS landing in the order I press the buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
    From the mini forums

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...96#post7090296

So, if you have a milisecond of lag when manually building a gambit, or hit a builder, a mastery and a builder, or.... sigh..

Thanks for telling us we are WAI when our end gambits dont match what we are building.

I wont even tell you how aggravating this is for my LM, who relies on a rotation of debuffs and DPS landing in the order I press the buttons.
    Unless gambit builders are Immediate skills, you will not experience any problems. Same with LM skills.
    -

No. If I press a button, the skill should be executed. If Turbine wants to fix their bug, this is not the way to do it.

These are entirely unrelated issues. The reason a builder or mastery fails to fire (provided range/facing a target isn't the issue) is lag, EVERY time. This new bug has to do with immediate skills, of which wardens have none.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]