We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Epic books

Epic books

Quick question, could my character join a friend on a epic book quest, retaking weathertop, if my character has already done it? I am only like one mission ahead of him and we want to play the quest line together. Thanks for the time guys

Depends on which version you did. That instance comes in a:
    1) Solo Version - one character
    2) Group Version - designed for 6 characters - you can take 1-6

Which ever version you did is the one you are allowed to repeat. It might be possible for your buddy to start the group version. You join him. That version requires either two over leveled characters or several at level characters.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Depends on which version you did. That instance comes in a:
    1) Solo Version
    2) Group Version

Which ever version you did is the one you are allowed to repeat.
    I have played that missionbefore with him, couldn't beat it and after I had leveled up more I did it by myself. Didn't think he was playing anymore. So if I played it with someone before does that mean group?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeWarrior View Post
    I have played that missionbefore with him, couldn't beat it and after I had leveled up more I did it by myself. Didn't think he was playing anymore. So if I played it with someone before does that mean group?
    If there was more than one character in the instance then it was the group version.

Later on in the Epic line after Book 2, all the instances are the group version. Your characters are boosted in combat power if you have less than 6. Starting with Volume 3 there are a lot of solo only instances. Turbine stopped doing group versions. You will be doing the Epic with a group of three like I have done. You hit this point. You have to break the group up. Start three different personal instances just for yourself. One of my buddies was real slow at doing these instances. The other two of us would talk to each other for 10 minutes or more while the third person struggled. Sometimes could not get it done. We have to end our Epic journey until our untalented buddy managed to get thru it the instance via a multiple attempts.

Very frustrating having to break up a group in this situation because of the difficulty some have doing the solo instances. The different speed each human runs a solo instance.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Feb 01 2014 at 01:10 AM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

You can easyly join in freind encounter via reflection pool... I'm just not sure where the reflection pool located in the lone lands. majbe in ost guruth or somwhere around forsaken in..

You can always join and help someone on their epic quest when you've finished it already: Be in a group and when he has started the instance talk to the same npc that lets them travel into the instance or try the reflecting pool of the area (Ost Guruth) in this case. One of the two ways should work for you to join him. Letting them do the instance solo might be the quicker and easier way though, if that's what you are looking for.
    [size=-2]Gladden: Sulherok (HNT100) Woodworker; Soradoc (GRD100) Jeweler; Saelind (LM100) Tailor; Tinuvaraen (MIN100) Scholar; Silmathryth (CAP98) Metalsmith; Harlequina (BRG37) Weaponsmith; Ghâmim (RK36) Cook; Elindurion (20WRD) Woodworker; Balarella (13HNT)[/size]