We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Desolation Fear Component

Anyone else find the fear component of Desolation almost completely useless? It no longer seems anywhere near as potent as it was in the past. The only thing you can actually expect to intermittently fear are base useless mobs like wolves, or orcs in any of the keeps in moors. Although is a seriously funny animation, watching them run for a couple seconds flailing their arms over their heads, those are about the only mobs that ever get effected. Used to be you couldn't use desolation on a Krahjarn Tyrant or you'd risk resetting an OP fight almost immediately as you'd fear the tyrant down the stairs. Now, I always use desolation and since HD I have NEVER feared one of those tyrants, let alone reset an OP fight. And fears against WL's or DEF's to interrupt heals? Absolutely NEVER happens. I can't recall EVER causing a fear in a creep with Desolation. Would anybody else like to see that component stepped up a bit by the DEVS?

Quote Originally Posted by erebusant View Post
    Anyone else find the fear component of Desolation almost completely useless? It no longer seems anywhere near as potent as it was in the past. The only thing you can actually expect to intermittently fear are base useless mobs like wolves, or orcs in any of the keeps in moors. Although is a seriously funny animation, watching them run for a couple seconds flailing their arms over their heads, those are about the only mobs that ever get effected. Used to be you couldn't use desolation on a Krahjarn Tyrant or you'd risk resetting an OP fight almost immediately as you'd fear the tyrant down the stairs. Now, I always use desolation and since HD I have NEVER feared one of those tyrants, let alone reset an OP fight. And fears against WL's or DEF's to interrupt heals? Absolutely NEVER happens. I can't recall EVER causing a fear in a creep with Desolation. Would anybody else like to see that component stepped up a bit by the DEVS?
    Are you traited red, blue, or yellow?
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Are you traited red, blue, or yellow?
    Hybrid of red/yellow

Quote Originally Posted by erebusant View Post
    Hybrid of red/yellow
    I thought so. Desolation's fear component is a passive bonus within the Blue tree. The only possible way to get the fear proc is to spec blue and when you are specced blue it works just as it always did.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Fist gambits are all but a waste of time.

Would like a viable fist line instead of this javelin ####.