We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

38 level medium Armor not worth making

Ok this is messed up I just made my 38 level armor for my warden and the stuff is junk, These are all drop recipes and should be way better than the 35 level vender recipes I busted my hump to level my tailor to find that eh stats are not better I mean they use tons orr hides 16 hides for each piece 96 pristine hides that about 5 to 7 gold at the current price for hides so about 1.2 gold each to make and too sell them for a fair profit you would have to have a hard price of 1.5 gold each piece

to sell a level 38 set of armor for 9 gold is never going to happen and when the stats have like 20 more armor on each piece and a total stats that are less than the total stats on the 35 level make the 38 level armor a rip off too make and to sell

Come devs look at the numbers some of us look at this stuff and do the math this level medium armor is garbage the stat need to go up a good 10 point on each piece so the total stat points are better than the 35 level and about 25 more point on each piece in armor to maKE IT WORTH THE PRICE!! THIS ARE THE DROP RECIPES FOR THIS LEVEL.

I don't know how many of you out there do the math on your armor but ever since the change for the warden the medium armor for each level that ends in 8 is garbage 18 28 38 48 and so forth in most cases the part that end in 5 are better and way cheaper to make and if you guilded you have to watch out on the Blue stuff too many of them are junk as the armor from the part that end in 2 like 22 32 42 and such are way better or very close the guilded stuff is getting to be a joke too, the only advantage to making the blue armor is it uses lower tier matts but it also uses a lot and the level 32 and 42 only take like 4 hides to make

This whole crafting thing is really messed up and has been since the change.

The whole crafting of armor needs a total overhaul from top to bottom even stuff like the Helgrod armor never had it stats fixed after the change

So would one of you devs get on the stick here and fix this stuff since there is no new content coming up it time to fix this once and for all this is is horrible I alway used to defend crafting when folks would say its not worth the time but at this point I have to agree it not worth the time anymore much of it not needed anymore since the game is so easy and it take up way too much bank space plus 300 point for each guild and the only guild needed are the one that u need legendary items from.

The state of the armor in this game is laughable

You're trying to sell leveling armor... For a profit... You're doing it wrong.

I have a tailor to make medium armour for my warden, and I find making my own armour with crit stats (plus incomparable guild armour) to be generally better than the armour you can get as quest rewards, or buy at the skirm camp. As you reach higher levels, you can run instances and raids and get good gear too, but for now I find making my own armour a lot better than what I find venturing through middle earth. I also have a woodworker, and I've made incomparable guild weapons for my warden (who is level 34, btw), so right now I'm pretty beasted out. Try and make guild items, or ask your kin/lff channel to run raids and instances for better gear.

At the auction house, the cost of lower-tier crafting materials (hides, in your case) is not based on the value of what you can make. It's based on the value of the time it would take you to go out and get all those hides yourself. People generally purchase those 6-gold stacks of pristine hides because they want to burn through Artisan tailoring and reach Master without having to go out and kill a bunch of bears first.

So the only way to profit on sales of lower-level armour is to collect the hides yourself, so that your ingredients cost nothing, and you can price the crafted armour reasonably low and still make a fair profit. But if you're collecting the hides yourself, you'll make more money selling those hides to people trying to level their tailor.

Long story short: Lower-level recipes are a great way to keep your alts supplied with quality gear. They're not a great way to make money.
    Theofrid, Wyndriel, Wendros, Glydia, Halfrid, Fridward, Friddis, Fridli, Gondaglir

I'm not sure what direction this is meant to be going in but I notice the level armor values too.

I'm sitting on a level 56 character on a server I play every now and then, They have all 51 gear and I was looking at the 54 and 56 stuff and I see no reason to upgrade. That character is a Jeweler, not an armorer but the 54 and 56 Jewelry sets have no variants and are clearly designed for a very specific build. In a game that now has 3 threes for every class, all Jewelry and Armor should have a minimum of 3 versions available.

Maybe in time they will but for now, much of the gear we can make is outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    You're trying to sell leveling armor... For a profit... You're doing it wrong.
    No dude it was point not profit I make armor for friend and sell off extra from time to time I take about that is not work make to use or even bothering to collect the recipes because the 35 level is cheap and better and this don't make sense I don't need to sell no armor after 2.5 years here I got more gold than I know what to do with. You missing the point

Quote Originally Posted by Badwolf-Kirsty View Post
    I have a tailor to make medium armour for my warden, and I find making my own armour with crit stats (plus incomparable guild armour) to be generally better than the armour you can get as quest rewards, or buy at the skirm camp. As you reach higher levels, you can run instances and raids and get good gear too, but for now I find making my own armour a lot better than what I find venturing through middle earth. I also have a woodworker, and I've made incomparable guild weapons for my warden (who is level 34, btw), so right now I'm pretty beasted out. Try and make guild items, or ask your kin/lff channel to run raids and instances for better gear.
    Ya it not that crafted gear is not ok but its a lot of work and since the change back a year ago or so much of the armor is messed up and you have to really watch what u make or you can end up wasting matts and time and gold. They need to really overhaul the system the the armor is linear and progresses properly that 32 level armor does not already surpass the blue and that each level get better in order and also that the recipes that you have to hunt down as drop recipes mostly the armor at levels ending in 8 liike 28 38 are just a bit better than say vender recipes would be at the same level.

Is about a smooth progression thru the tier I mean it bad to have to scrap out you blue armor sometime as little as 2 levels that guild craft or single recipe stuff the guild crafted should be better till say 38 if you made the 30th level and could even be stretched until the next guild crafted but it should carry u 8 to 10 levels normal armor say level 32 should upgrade at 35 and the drop recipe at say level 38 should carry you just a bit farther like 38 should be good til 42. That a linear progression that make sense.

The crafted armor appears haphazard it chotic there is no good logic. In todays game really good armor is not needed anymore but the fact is I like and enjoy to make it but I don't like making it when i find out that the next set I just make was not and good as the set before. I like crafted armor because it give me a sense of pride needed or not.

Now in the last update for helms deep they went nuts on matts required to make all the drop recipes I mean 100 hide to make a set of armor I mean you could make clothes for a small village with that many hides. I can't craft anymore to sell as the price you would have to charge just to cover cost it way too high, Its more profitable to just sell mats and way less work. I think many have seem this by the look of the empty AH. Now its so eay to level a tier of crating but nobody make anything to sell because it not worth it when you can just sell a 100 hides for 10 gold plus or a 100 ore for 10 to 15 gold. no work fast money.

Not everyone like crafting to that make a market for those that do but Right now it not really profitable but there is great money in selling matts thats messed up

When they made the changes to the warden they sloppily patch up the armor sets and it was poorly done. It was not to made to have a nice smooth linear progression. I know many don't care about this stuff but i am number cruncher and add up total states on every set I craft so I get the max numbers and have the right stats for each craft I take crafting very serious. I don't just hop on my crafter and make a straight line set if there is 3 outputs U use part from all 3 to obtain the best stats for the class and race.

Now this next year there is not going to be a big expansion as of so far and this should be the year that all the botched stuff in the game gets fix. Like the westfold tier that ended up almost useless and you have to bear that horrible tier for 15 levels till level 75 that has the first and last worthwhile set of armor weapons and so forth. They know this tier was bad now for 2 years and scraped is design in the next tier now they have let that mistake ride for more than 2 years now This year it should be fixed.

I mean even the raid gear in older raids like Helgrod and the Rift Fornost and so forth never had their stats changed this make many folks stop running those instances as the main reason to run it was not there anymore. Now I paid for those raids and instances that I can't run as the stuff is not right anymore. I don't see them giving me back my money for them do I? So then it should be fixed. I run raids and instances just to have pretty armor sets I run them to have the best gear.
    Same with the guild crafted stuff I paid for my guilds and did the work now I want the fruits of my labor I don't think its wrong to expect this as a paying customer.

No I know they had hand their hands full for a bit but its time this kind of stuff get fixed. I Mean I seen a post just yesterday about the late housing update and I thought to myself you're kidding right. The whole game need rebalancing and folks are worried houses, when crafting needed rebalancing. XP is way out wack so area give too much while other are a painful grind. I mean really every stand alone game I ever bought has patches to fix game balance this one need one like a dead man needs a box but the Patch would replace the whole game *lol*

Quote Originally Posted by Robeauch View Post
    At the auction house, the cost of lower-tier crafting materials (hides, in your case) is not based on the value of what you can make. It's based on the value of the time it would take you to go out and get all those hides yourself. People generally purchase those 6-gold stacks of pristine hides because they want to burn through Artisan tailoring and reach Master without having to go out and kill a bunch of bears first.

So the only way to profit on sales of lower-level armour is to collect the hides yourself, so that your ingredients cost nothing, and you can price the crafted armour reasonably low and still make a fair profit. But if you're collecting the hides yourself, you'll make more money selling those hides to people trying to level their tailor.

Long story short: Lower-level recipes are a great way to keep your alts supplied with quality gear. They're not a great way to make money.
    I am sorry but looking at the profit from the point that the hides are free does not work you have to look at the average cost to buy the hides or sell them why would I waste my time listing and relisting and crafting at all when i can just throw the matts on the AH and have my money is moment with no work involved I mean I want to play not craft for free. doing business like that you would go broke in day and work your self to death to do it.

All crafted item have to based on the the cost of matts on the AH then the cost of making them plus for your time and skill, It like you go see the doctor and he charges you 500$ for 15 min you not paying for the 15 min you're paying for his skill No If I am selling a tier 6 item you paying for the skill and time it took for the first 5 tiers not just the time to go get hides and make the items

At current prices a fair price going by what hides sell for to make a fair profit to make a level 38 set of armor would be about 9 to 10 gold set without cloak that would add another 1.5 gold and to top it off the reason for my post it not better than the level 35 set.

Well I sorry it way to made money or it not getting made for anyone but myself. The is crafting is not a way to make money just how would you make it then getting 3 silver 2 copper for a quest turn in, Come on join the real world here crafting is not your gift to game that you do favors for the world it a trade like any other. You work you get paid that a trade is not you should just stay home in bed.

But the question is not really about the profit my point was that the craft itself is not Linear that you make the next set of armor and it not better than the last that is what i meant about worth it. It not worth making because the stats are junk and the cost of matts are to high to waste on looser set like the 38 level 48 level and just about every level ending in 8 Just because I talked about level 38 don't think i just fell off the turnip truck I am fully do with the entire tailor craft guild and all done max. Plus I have all the rep armor for every tier.

All crafted items have to based on fair market cost of matt plus time and skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by Robeauch View Post

In addition, the alternative income plays in to how prices are decided on the market. I was able to buy 800 Logs of Walnut for less than 8 gold total on AH where as single stacks of Ash or Ilex go for 15G each. Of course the guy who gathered the 800 Walnut not doubt got 2 or 3 Emerald Shards while doing so and selling the Walnut Logs was just a matter of unloading them. No such income will come from gathering Ash or Ilex. The shards at those tiers are not really in great demand.