We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    What do these legacies do?

    I have one LI with "Vocal Skills Healing" and another with "Tactical Duration" (Captain Legacies). What do they do? I can't detect any changes in my skills when I equip either one. All help appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,864
    Vocal skills healing increases the heal on Words of Courage and Rallying Cry
    Tactics duration increases the duration of the buff you get when using Sure Strike after using Battle-shout (ther buff is named Relentless, On Guard or Focus depending on your specialization)

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    Vocal skills healing increases the heal on Words of Courage and Rallying Cry
    Tactics duration increases the duration of the buff you get when using Sure Strike after using Battle-shout (ther buff is named Relentless, On Guard or Focus depending on your specialization)
    My captain has grown up enough that Blue spec with some red is now viable (enough trait points available at level 60 after deeds and class quests)... so I'm thinking that Sure Strike won't be my favorite until later after the Devastate deed is done (that seems to be strangely difficult to complete), but that if I switch to a tank build in yellow spec, the vocal skills would be helpful there too, as I'll be missing my double-crit-heals. Thanks for your help.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    3,898
    Quote Originally Posted by gripply View Post
    My captain has grown up enough that Blue spec with some red is now viable (enough trait points available at level 60 after deeds and class quests)... so I'm thinking that Sure Strike won't be my favorite until later after the Devastate deed is done (that seems to be strangely difficult to complete), but that if I switch to a tank build in yellow spec, the vocal skills would be helpful there too, as I'll be missing my double-crit-heals. Thanks for your help.
    Sure Strike's Tactics buffs are pretty useful in every line. From this guide:

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ummary-Captain

    Tactics

    Perhaps the most notable omissions are the Tactics skills, which are now active combat buffs that proc when Sure Strike is used followed a Battle-readied event (i.e. Battle-shout). These buffs last for 30s and there is a legacy available that can boost thus up by a further 15s, for a total duration of 45s. The specific buffs are tied behind each specialisation, but they all provide a slew of boosts, so at least some of these will benefit any class.

    Focus (Hands of Healing)
    -5% Attack Duration
    +5% Incoming Healing
    +2% Tactical Mitigation
    Bonus: +1% morale heal every 5s for 10s

    Relentless Attack (Lead the Charge)
    +1030 Critical Rating
    +3676 Physical Mastery Rating
    +3676 Tactical Mastery Rating
    +5% Outgoing Healing

    On Guard (Leader of Men)
    +1299 Parry Rating
    +3% Defence
    -10% Power Cost
    You're likely to find that a skill rotation which starts: Battle-shout, Sure Strike, ...everything else... is going to give you better results. The Battle Readied state last long enough to slip the Sure Strike in before Devastating Blow or Pressing Attack. The 3 second cooldown makes Sure Strike available almost all the time.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    [url]http://www.theoldergamers.com[/url]

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Sure Strike's Tactics buffs are pretty useful in every line. From this guide:

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ummary-Captain



    You're likely to find that a skill rotation which starts: Battle-shout, Sure Strike, ...everything else... is going to give you better results. The Battle Readied state last long enough to slip the Sure Strike in before Devastating Blow or Pressing Attack. The 3 second cooldown makes Sure Strike available almost all the time.
    Based on that, I should take a screenshot of the Blue or Yellow spec I have so I can rebuild it later, (I can't possibly shell out 100 Mithril for spec 3 at this time), and then try the only one I haven't yet, which is Lead the Charge/Red. Battle shout, sure strike, devastating blow ought to work better for finishing that deed if I am in the Red specialization.

    Now tell me how to finish the Make Haste one... (joking)

  6. #6

    OMG red spec

    So I haven't played in red spec (Lead the Charge) much because in Annuminas it got me killed fastest. It still offers the lowest morale and none of the heals. But with 38 trait points it's lots more doable because things now die very fast. So fast that I still can't finish the deed, lol. Devastate deed requires that you critically hit with devastating blow. That means you must be in battle ready state (battle shout first)... but in Red mode, things die in one shot if you're working on deeds and the mobs are gray. I could get 2-4 hits in on things in yellow or blue, which gave me a chance. Guess I'll have to go back to Moria and leave the Angmar deeds for later. Getting a class point trumps the Virtues atm.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by gripply View Post
    but in Red mode, things die in one shot if you're working on deeds and the mobs are gray. .
    Tbh i'm not sure anymore after all changes the last months, but iirc damage-class-deeds never advance on grey mobs anyway.

    Regards
    /T

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias_R View Post
    Tbh i'm not sure anymore after all changes the last months, but iirc damage-class-deeds never advance on grey mobs anyway.

    Regards
    /T
    Ohhh, I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder. Too many tricksy details! You'd think a hobbit burglar made this game!

    Red trait specialization and Moria was the ticket though.. less than an hour and it was done... I was expecting to have to wait another day or something.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload