We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Wardens have 55m Range... The hell??

Hello, I will admit, I am primarily a Hunter/BA on my server RIddermark but I just came to the realization that wardens now have a 55m range on all ranged attacks. This dwarfs every other ranged class. The hell?!?
    Aside from it not making sense between a bows range and a javelins, its almost game breaking. While it doesnt matter as much in PvE, PvP it allows a warden you remain out of range of every ranged class provided they use Hamper slow....
    I the only one finding this OP?
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

Our throwing arms are just that strong, hunter.

If you want to out-range us, maybe you should bring your bows past half draw!

Bad form:

Good form:

Work on your form, and *maybe* you'll out-range us someday.

In all seriousness, maybe Waden range could do with some toning down. Couldn't resist the opportunity to bring up my biggest pet peeve, though.
    [center][img]http://s21.postimg.org/fkjfdnggn/Ethelond_Sig.jpg[/img][/center]

That reply just made my day xDD
    and we arent all half draw, just most attacks.....
    Sabian- Hunter85

Quote Originally Posted by Sabian49 View Post
    That reply just made my day xDD
    and we arent all half draw, just most attacks.....
    A hunter kinnie of mine also twice experienced a range increase; once to 55m, once to 80m (!)..

The 55m range is a glitch that at least for me has been happening more often since the 12.2 patch went through. Relogging can fix it. If you see someone using the 55m range in moors, report them.
    Gremblus, Seuer, Grelob, and various others of Arkenstone

It is not a glitch. It is caused by Wardens having a 40m range by default on javelin skills than getting the 15+ legacy on their weapon
    Sabian- Hunter85

This has been around since at least RoR, and is an LI related bug that occurs some of the time on login. The bug is easily exploitable, and applies to more than just javelin range.

Having noticed a few wardens that always seem to have this 'bug' active on them in the moors, I added them to the friends list. Not so shockingly, I noticed a pattern of multiple back-to-back-to-back relogs when they would first come online, presumably until the bug activated.

Throw this on the pile of things in need of fixing for the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabian49 View Post
    It is not a glitch. It is caused by Wardens having a 40m range by default on javelin skills than getting the 15+ legacy on their weapon
    No, its a bug. Wardens have 25m as a base range on javelin skills and assailment builders/gambits, and a legacy to increase it by +15m.
    Last edited by spelunker; Jan 27 2014 at 06:56 PM.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

A half drawn war bow would out range any javelin by far. That's why they stopped using javelins. Why the dev's chose to interpret or more likely, not to do do basic 101 homework on weapons is beyond fathom.
    It is their fantasy world, and they call the shots.
    Last edited by Defender7; Jan 28 2014 at 06:23 AM.
    Any time you think you have influence, try ordering around someone else's dog

Quote Originally Posted by Defender7 View Post
    A half drawn war bow would out range any javelin by far.

Pfft. You vastly underestimate the awesome arm strength of a Waden.
    [center][img]http://s21.postimg.org/fkjfdnggn/Ethelond_Sig.jpg[/img][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionSword View Post
    Pfft. You vastly underestimate the awesome arm strength of a Waden.
    and we are even stronger without Right Guard...
    Ujest - 105 Lore-master, Opun - 76 Warden, Cneasai - 39 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Yes this is a known bug/exploit.
    I found that out after much investigation fueled by my hatred of this one particular warden on my server.
    After having found out how the exploit works I too added this warden to my friends and watched as he logged in and out dozens of times until he got the bug.
    It is really easy to do and it basically doubles all legacies including jav range (normally +15, with bug becomes +30)

Just report any cheaters and hopefully it will be fixed.