We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Melee dps/support alt

Hey everyone

I play my RK most of the time and I'm loving my d0rf so much, however occasionally I miss running in melee and actually seeing my weapon. I only played champion pre-HD and after the update I have only touched a burg (and the RK).

Is champ still the only "real" melee dps class? with burg I mean. While capt continues being support/tank (as far as i know) and guard is tank etc. How is the dps/soloability for these classes? (capt/champ/guard/warden) I'd roll a champ any day but I don't want to be doing AoE skills on Single Target until they fix the red line but on the other hand i could roll a champ now and it'd be ready for the future fixes. lol, class choices always make me insane.

Anyway, any insight on the melee classes that you could give are welcome

In all my past MMOs I never got used to tanking. I'm not saying i'm bad at it (And I've never tried it in LotRO so...) but I always felt like its not my thing. I prefer healing, and in other games I've been pretty decent at it. So my choices are usually dps/healing.
    Laurelin :: Forgan [Man Champion] :: Conrath [Man Warden] :: Grimolf [Dwarf Runekeeper]

May I suggest Warden?

They can do a bit of everything and more.

But its mostly self-heals and a party heal.

Of course for tanking, not so great compared to before.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000007617a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Guardians are a real melee class too. They are just as capable as Champs at wading through 20 enemies and AOEing them down. The main differences are that as a guard, you are much more survivable, but you have fewer AOE skills (you will need to get a legacy on your weapon to be able to target more than 5 at once though). Also, your damage is not done through criticals, but through bleeds.

Guards and Champs can fill similar niches, but will truly shine over the other in their main role (tank for guards and AOE dps for champs). I like both styles, so now that I have my guard at 95, I am leveling up a champ.
    Silverlode Brandywine
    Durthir - Guardian Fingolwe - Champion
    Derthir - Hunter
    Boldwin - Captain

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    All classes have the same total potential dps when traited & geared for dps
    Lol, Yamy..... no.