We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Loremaster and PvMP

I'm a returning Loremaster and I've come back for Helm's Deep. I've spent quite a bit of time getting my characters up to lvl95 and have spent some time in the moors now that I am done.

The first few days were pretty brutal(not much has changed) since I had no audacity gear(yes I've been gone that long) and had to work for it. I learned quickly that I needed to be with a group to make anything happen and survive. Being in a group got me 5/6 pieces of my audacity gear but it still feels about the same. Everything destroys me quickly(less than 8seconds) when I'm solo, even 1vs1. I've got a little over 15k morale and I get hit pretty hard regularly. In a group setting if no one focuses on me I can dish out damage fairly easy and not worry about casting times, but against a warg all I can get off is a Wizard's Fire(being kd'd from horseback). I can do just fine if no one hits me LOL!

My questions are:
    1. What are you LM's doing out there to stay alive? Are you successful as a solo LM?

2. What's the most promising build for the moors these days? Best gear? Best rotations against creep classes?

I can't say I really enjoy the game very much coming back, but I'd like to hear some tips from some of the pro's who have been at it awhile.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000011fc36/signature.png]Zindorion[/charsig]

Spam Water Lore.
    [IMG]http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/254/6rpe.jpg[/IMG][FONT=Verdana]
    Tindalas is Laurelin's negative nancy. ([/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Felathurin aka Brunt)[/FONT]

I myself haven't been to moors since HD, but from what i gather from kinnies and common sense yellow is the way to go while solo. You get to insta kill low rank creeps with a combo of any stun and BE. Also you have ur waterlore buffed up in yellow line, and another HoT by healing ur pet next to you via BoH. For grps id say Red is the way to go due to AoE maelstrom.

I can tell you what I do, cause that seems to work for me against any 1vs1 fight.
    First: Armour, I got 4 pieces just by doing spars (yes, I won lots of spars with 0 audacity), so armour really doesn't make that huge difference for a Lore Master, given total reduction change from having 1 audacity to having 18 is 20% less incoming damage (not mitigations) and 30% less cc duration. (honestly I found myself that having extra morale from pve armour, and better critical rating and mastery really didn't make a difference to having full auda, since I was self healing more with water lore and doing more crits with it, so survivability wasn't at all affected. For big groups (when more than 1 target is hitting you, pve armour is too bad, given you will receive self heals from other person too and receiving yourself less dmg may save you).

Traits: I always run in a main red line, though for 1vs1 yellow line is better to survive (but you do less damage) since you can keep something always stunned/dazed/rooted. And for my red line traits first I pick all ranks of fire lore (really important), I pick all 5 ranks of water lore (so I have way more healing) and I pick the extra debuff added unlocked with fire lore, for the rest I pick main skills from red line (I don't get tact mastery buff, I only get 1 rank of ring of fire, I don't get flanks self heal increase, and I don't get some other useless traits.

Rotation: Never go mounted, most important, stay stopping all the time to refresh your stun immune and your water lore, only with that, no warg will attack you, not even if they're 2. After all that if someone attack you, first debuff with fire lore (daze if you want so you have more time) and after that throw 1 burning embers and upgrade to searing embers both DoTs, and that means nice damage output for a while, so you only need to keep running your water lores (unless it's a warg who you met no need to use stun immune) and running and running and running, put a tar to make it easier; after first searing embers expired, do again the same and refresh debuffs, and never forget water lore. If a reaver lowers your morale to less than 60%, use wisdom of the council cause an impale can kill you if he uses it right before dev strike. And with only that, you should be able to win easily 1vs1. Only problem is when a warg attacks you by surprise, when you have no stun immune and no water lore, then only you can do is use wisdom of the council as soon as you can and staff strike to stun him, start putting water lores on yourself and stun immune, daze right after he breaks stun, or root with cracked earth, once you're full morale and with 2-3 water lore and stun immune, if he's alone he'll try to run away, just remember to keep up some DoTs on him and your pet too (pet will break it's stealth so you can follow it).
    I hope that helps you. Honestly for me, my LM is better for 1vs1 than any other class, and I got warden, mini, rk...

Quote Originally Posted by deathstorm78 View Post
    I'm a returning Loremaster and I've come back for Helm's Deep. I've spent quite a bit of time getting my characters up to lvl95 and have spent some time in the moors now that I am done.

The first few days were pretty brutal(not much has changed) since I had no audacity gear(yes I've been gone that long) and had to work for it. I learned quickly that I needed to be with a group to make anything happen and survive. Being in a group got me 5/6 pieces of my audacity gear but it still feels about the same. Everything destroys me quickly(less than 8seconds) when I'm solo, even 1vs1. I've got a little over 15k morale and I get hit pretty hard regularly. In a group setting if no one focuses on me I can dish out damage fairly easy and not worry about casting times, but against a warg all I can get off is a Wizard's Fire(being kd'd from horseback). I can do just fine if no one hits me LOL!

My questions are:
    1. What are you LM's doing out there to stay alive? Are you successful as a solo LM?

2. What's the most promising build for the moors these days? Best gear? Best rotations against creep classes?

I can't say I really enjoy the game very much coming back, but I'd like to hear some tips from some of the pro's who have been at it awhile.
    a high ranked warg can interrupt you with a 3 sec traited eye rake (unless low-mid ranked ones buy it from store or use a sig.) and high ranked reavers r9+ are the toughest challenge for lms as always as they have roughly 70k morale and are dps machines. if those high ranked ones target you and show no mercy with dev strike blade toss and impale you really wont stand a chance. I have not tried full yellow line but it sounds interesting and I might have to try it but I usually run a red/yellow hybrid got the Debuffs fully maxed out and red maxed out except for the useless traits like mastery flank heal fend them off and burning earth and gust of wind. Lms were the OP moors class of Rohan (I tanked 5 creeps mid ranked easy) now it is the Mini and captian. it is prob safe to say that Lms are now the weakest (survivability wise) in the moors now as SI got nerfed and wind lore got nerfed. I just really hope they fix that eye rake and something needs to be done about how Lms cant really take HD dps increase via orc craft damage.
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Armdyl ''Army'' The Loremaster - Secretly afraid of Reavers, Wargs, Blackarrows, spiders, and Defilers. Even More Terrified of eye gouge's 3 second cool-down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    I can tell you what I do, cause that seems to work for me against any 1vs1 fight.
    First: Armour, I got 4 pieces just by doing spars (yes, I won lots of spars with 0 audacity), so armour really doesn't make that huge difference for a Lore Master, given total reduction change from having 1 audacity to having 18 is 20% less incoming damage (not mitigations) and 30% less cc duration. (honestly I found myself that having extra morale from pve armour, and better critical rating and mastery really didn't make a difference to having full auda, since I was self healing more with water lore and doing more crits with it, so survivability wasn't at all affected. For big groups (when more than 1 target is hitting you, pve armour is too bad, given you will receive self heals from other person too and receiving yourself less dmg may save you).

Traits: I always run in a main red line, though for 1vs1 yellow line is better to survive (but you do less damage) since you can keep something always stunned/dazed/rooted. And for my red line traits first I pick all ranks of fire lore (really important), I pick all 5 ranks of water lore (so I have way more healing) and I pick the extra debuff added unlocked with fire lore, for the rest I pick main skills from red line (I don't get tact mastery buff, I only get 1 rank of ring of fire, I don't get flanks self heal increase, and I don't get some other useless traits.

Rotation: Never go mounted, most important, stay stopping all the time to refresh your stun immune and your water lore, only with that, no warg will attack you, not even if they're 2. After all that if someone attack you, first debuff with fire lore (daze if you want so you have more time) and after that throw 1 burning embers and upgrade to searing embers both DoTs, and that means nice damage output for a while, so you only need to keep running your water lores (unless it's a warg who you met no need to use stun immune) and running and running and running, put a tar to make it easier; after first searing embers expired, do again the same and refresh debuffs, and never forget water lore. If a reaver lowers your morale to less than 60%, use wisdom of the council cause an impale can kill you if he uses it right before dev strike. And with only that, you should be able to win easily 1vs1. Only problem is when a warg attacks you by surprise, when you have no stun immune and no water lore, then only you can do is use wisdom of the council as soon as you can and staff strike to stun him, start putting water lores on yourself and stun immune, daze right after he breaks stun, or root with cracked earth, once you're full morale and with 2-3 water lore and stun immune, if he's alone he'll try to run away, just remember to keep up some DoTs on him and your pet too (pet will break it's stealth so you can follow it).
    I hope that helps you. Honestly for me, my LM is better for 1vs1 than any other class, and I got warden, mini, rk...
    Thanks! I tried this build out and it increased my survivability. Unfortunately they still kill me since I can't really cast and stun immunity is so short now I haven't gotten use to the timer yet. Seems to be mostly wargs and reavers everywhere. Havent had a chance against a BA, Defiler, WL yet.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000011fc36/signature.png]Zindorion[/charsig]

My first and probably best advice would be to use crafted jewellery. The set jewels add dps but cost you a lot of morale. With crafted jewels and morale virtues my Lm went from ~16k to 20k+ morale.

My build is red. I trait into blue until I have prepared materials, into yellow for 30% Fire-lore and Storm-lore stun. The rest goes into red. There's no points left for Nature's Fury but I prefer to have 30% Fire-lore instead.

Spamming Water-lore doesn't save you anymore. Slows and Fire-lore are your best defense. If you don't use them you won't win vs good reavers and wargs.
    Once you have your slows working the fight shifts in your favour. This spar video vs a very skilled reaver is from 12.1, hope it helps :

[FONT=comic sans ms][U][I][B][SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE][/B][/I][/U][IMG]http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/4079/dnm.png[/IMG]
    [/FONT][INDENT][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#0000ff]Evernight : Tanick R13 Lm ~ Wakkawakka R10 Def[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#800000]Morthond : Mandridar R9 Lm ~ Cragstone R9 Wvr[/COLOR][/FONT][/INDENT]

Well, atm i think something is changed ... or is only my point of view ?? Atm i fell the damage versus creep become really low.
    Ent hit for 1700 ... ember for 600 ... test of will 400 ... and diminishing return it's really awfull, still same bug: 30 sec daze give 7,5 sec daze. After 2 stun your stun become 0 ... while if i become feared or disarmed i don't see this DR ...

Anyway my point of view about build.
    Yellow line is good for istant remove wound/all good debuff and heal/support. Injurity is a good help for damage but if resist or not enough damageyour stun become too much low and you will never have time for use injurity and your dps atm it's around to ridiculus. You can have best low induction time with 0,7 sec ember

Blue line is the best one for survive atm. A lot of self heal from pet more flank, istant cast and zoo skill give a good time for heal and damage but ... same: atm damage is really low ...

Red line is enough good for group versus many enemy, good aoe many skill for damage but too much induction and less survibility. Too much induction and damage isn't enough for single target. Ent atm are really awfull skill.

At end for me survive it's really hard or around to impossible. A good reaver can hit you for 10k with impale and 4 from dev strike ... that's can happen in around 2 sec no more.
    Same for a warg. Atm you can't run around and keep antistun up ... if a warg stun/fear/disarm/interrupt you, you can be death before you can do any tips.

I think atm this crit system is patetic.
    [img]http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000000dc7fa/01008/signature.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Guiwinner View Post
    Well, atm i think something is changed ... or is only my point of view ?? Atm i fell the damage versus creep become really low.
    Ent hit for 1700 ... ember for 600 ... test of will 400 ... and diminishing return it's really awfull, still same bug: 30 sec daze give 7,5 sec daze. After 2 stun your stun become 0 ... while if i become feared or disarmed i don't see this DR ...

Yellow line is good for istant remove wound/all good debuff and heal/support. Injurity is a good help for damage but if resist or not enough damageyour stun become too much low and you will never have time for use injurity and your dps atm it's around to ridiculus. You can have best low induction time with 0,7 sec ember

Blue line is the best one for survive atm. A lot of self heal from pet more flank, istant cast and zoo skill give a good time for heal and damage but ... same: atm damage is really low ...

Red line is enough good for group versus many enemy, good aoe many skill for damage but too much induction and less survibility. Too much induction and damage isn't enough for single target. Ent atm are really awfull skill.

At end for me survive it's really hard or around to impossible. A good reaver can hit you for 10k with impale and 4 from dev strike ... that's can happen in around 2 sec no more.
    Same for a warg. Atm you can't run around and keep antistun up ... if a warg stun/fear/disarm/interrupt you, you can be death before you can do any tips.

well I find blue line a bit underwhelming I use main yellow and dip into some red and yellow is very good for solo and survivability I can manage to beat most wargs and such in it and if their stun pots and or resilience is on cd or they don't realize your in yellow line test of will then burning embers and I have been hitting 20-24k on creeps. just my opinion that blue line is meh and yellow is better for solo and red with a little bit of yellow line mostly debuffs is better for group play. an example on yellow being better solo is I tanked 2 r9+ reavers who know what they are doing and a mob (about 5) npcs in lugz.
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Armdyl ''Army'' The Loremaster - Secretly afraid of Reavers, Wargs, Blackarrows, spiders, and Defilers. Even More Terrified of eye gouge's 3 second cool-down.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiwinner View Post

oh and about the first half of your comment...I don't know what kind of gear you have or what but I do just fine dps wise burning embers hits for 5k searing embers hits 1500 a tick sticky gourd hits 6-9k ents hits rarely 2k mostly 6k-13k and test of will is always hitting 3.5-4k for me

Reading this thread it is clear that I need to rethink how I play my LM in the moors. Pre HD I often went redline or yellow. I was able to solo more then I can now. In the few raids I've been in I have trouble in yellow. I don't know if it is because creeps still think they need to target the LM quickly (like old days) or I just haven't adjusted. Either way I wish we had more creeps on so I could practice. I have little luck in soloing but I found that on Blue I can kill the mid level (6 -7) to low level rank creeps. I am a treat for Reavers. I still haven't found a working tactic. Wargs are a pain but the ones that I've face die quicker then the other creeps I fight (some of the higher level wargs usually win and forget it if they bring their pack).
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyx View Post
    Reading this thread it is clear that I need to rethink how I play my LM in the moors. Pre HD I often went redline or yellow. I was able to solo more then I can now. In the few raids I've been in I have trouble in yellow. I don't know if it is because creeps still think they need to target the LM quickly (like old days) or I just haven't adjusted. Either way I wish we had more creeps on so I could practice. I have little luck in soloing but I found that on Blue I can kill the mid level (6 -7) to low level rank creeps. I am a treat for Reavers. I still haven't found a working tactic. Wargs are a pain but the ones that I've face die quicker then the other creeps I fight (some of the higher level wargs usually win and forget it if they bring their pack).
    I am running redline + max. rank water lore + 4.rank fire lore, when i am in a raid. Almost creeps target LMs as a first, so ask cappy or healer for special care
    Yellow line is useless now, debuff is not enough. Wargs can fear, can interrupt you(with some trait, they can interupt you every 4 seconds)
    Just now LMs arent too quick to do any good rotation(almost time is interupted or feared)
    Also dps in redline is broken. Ents,lightning storm do less dmg then it could do. I can barely do around 1k -1,6k dps with redline.

For solo and roaming around, i am on blue line +some red point till i can get "lightning storm"(rank 1) + rank 2 "fire lore", first rank "Storm Lore"
    In this line, i can manage 2wargs in same time, if one of them is R6-8. Killed R14 warg alone(4x), R14 reaver too(before update 12.2, with morale pots).

Before update 12.2 without new creeps morale potions, i can manage 1vs1 openfield any R10+ reaver (i was R8)
    Tanked 1WL(r9),1BA(r6),defi(r8), 1rvr(rank 5) for 2mins48secs, i was R8.
    Now they can take morale potions in openfiled fight, so my dps isnt not enough to kill them under 1minute and almost time some creep/freep comes to interupt our fight

LMs in HD cant win 1vs1 in GTA without using waterlore. If i using waterlore is look wierd doing selfheal in 1vs1, but without i can barely win some 1vs1.
    Using Wisdom of Council is more wierd for me.(just my opinion). But seems like Turbine push LMs using all their skills even in 1vs1. So maybe we will used to see, that 1vs1 LMs will using waterlore more n more?
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supereme excellence.
    Supreme excellence consist in breaking enemys resitance without fighting" Sun Tzu - the Art of War.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgrind View Post
    I am running redline + max. rank water lore + 4.rank fire lore, when i am in a raid. Almost creeps target LMs as a first, so ask cappy or healer for special care
    Yellow line is useless now, debuff is not enough. Wargs can fear, can interrupt you(with some trait, they can interupt you every 4 seconds)
    Just now LMs arent too quick to do any good rotation(almost time is interupted or feared)
    Also dps in redline is broken. Ents,lightning storm do less dmg then it could do. I can barely do around 1k -1,6k dps with redline.

For solo and roaming around, i am on blue line +some red point till i can get "lightning storm"(rank 1) + rank 2 "fire lore", first rank "Storm Lore"
    In this line, i can manage 2wargs in same time, if one of them is R6-8. Killed R14 warg alone(4x), R14 reaver too(before update 12.2, with morale pots).

Before update 12.2 without new creeps morale potions, i can manage 1vs1 openfield any R10+ reaver (i was R8)
    Tanked 1WL(r9),1BA(r6),defi(r8), 1rvr(rank 5) for 2mins48secs, i was R8.
    Now they can take morale potions in openfiled fight, so my dps isnt not enough to kill them under 1minute and almost time some creep/freep comes to interupt our fight

LMs in HD cant win 1vs1 in GTA without using waterlore. If i using waterlore is look wierd doing selfheal in 1vs1, but without i can barely win some 1vs1.
    Using Wisdom of Council is more wierd for me.(just my opinion). But seems like Turbine push LMs using all their skills even in 1vs1. So maybe we will used to see, that 1vs1 LMs will using waterlore more n more?
    aww you shouldn't down yellow line so quickly..its underrated and I use it mostly solo and it is very good with abit into red aswell

I've got a little over 15k morale and I get hit pretty hard regularly. In a group setting if no one focuses on me I can dish out damage fairly easy and not worry about casting times, but against a warg all I can get off is a Wizard's Fire(being kd'd from horseback). I can do just fine if no one hits me LOL!
    This is probably one of your biggest issues, I don't think there's any LM I've seen out in the Moors recently who's under 18k Morale. The better ones are all running somewhere around 22k Morale.

Because of the pace of combat now, you pretty much need to focus on damage output and surviving CC.

We have an LM in our kin who's pretty much the highest ranked freep on our server. Not having a high level LM, I don't recall what his exact skill layout is, but it basically revolves around Red Line, throwing down tar, lighting it on fire and dropping 6 upgraded burning ember DoT's on to every creep around. I've literally seen him solo 4 and 5 creeps at a time and take down more than one before dying.

CC wise, LM's have decent CC survival and removal but you also need to make sure you're running with a full spectrum of Moors pots at all times, use them. Don't wait for something to wear off since chances are you'll be dead by then. Even regular FWDP pots are almost a necessity since Reaver Impale damage scales on the number of DoT's you've got on you and can get upwards of 50-60% of you life in one hit.
    Last edited by Gedrevn; Jan 31 2014 at 09:14 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000000a2d6/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Gedrevn View Post
    This is probably one of your biggest issues, I don't think there's any LM I've seen out in the Moors recently who's under 18k Morale. The better ones are all running somewhere around 22k Morale.

Because of the pace of combat now, you pretty much need to focus on damage output and surviving CC.

We have an LM in our kin who's pretty much the highest ranked freep on our server. Not having a high level LM, I don't recall what his exact skill layout is, but it basically revolves around Red Line, throwing down tar, lighting it on fire and dropping 6 upgraded burning ember DoT's on to every creep around. I've literally seen him solo 4 and 5 creeps at a time and take down more than one before dying.

CC wise, LM's have decent CC survival and removal but you also need to make sure you're running with a full spectrum of Moors pots at all times, use them. Don't wait for something to wear off since chances are you'll be dead by then. Even regular FWDP pots are almost a necessity since Reaver Impale damage scales on the number of DoT's you've got on you and can get upwards of 50-60% of you life in one hit.
    I understand the low morale issue. What gear is ideal ? It has been suggested that audacity gear isn't worthwhile. What jewellry?

lot of good discussion and plenty to consider. Thank you all for your contributions!

ya, I'm currently only rank 6 and I've had some success again lower ranking reavers around rank 4 or 5, but any higher and it's really issue. I have a few issues with stalkers, but reavers...ehhh, no fun at all fighting again them that's for sure and seems 50% of the creep population are reavers other 30% stalkers lol.
    Last edited by deatheluden; Jan 31 2014 at 11:36 PM.

Frost Lore Silence with the 4 suit bonus is key to winning any raid fights that involve lots of war leaders in my opinion this is the best raid skill a LM or any class can bring to the fight.
    Formerly Derlan of Arkenstone, Thistlebeard of Crickhollow, Thistlehair of Brandywine. Once again Derlan of Arkenstone. Your Welcome for the $75 WB.

Auzue, Number (Arkenstone)

It has been suggested that audacity gear isn't worthwhile.
    This is very, very wrong.

While Aud gear is stat wise worse than crafted/instance gear, the +3 Audacity bonus more than makes up the difference. Right now the two things in the moors that will get you killed are Fell/Orc damage and CC. Audacity mitigates both of those and as it's the only way to currently mitigate Fell/Orc damage, not having enough audacity will get you instantly blown up.

Pretty much the only thing in question is whether or not you want to run 2 pieces from each set (for triple Critical Defence set bonus) or run 4 from 1 and 2 from another. It pretty much depends on how good the 4 piece set bonus is for your class, but for most classes it seems that very few are actually worthwhile over crit defence.

Beyond those 6 pieces, all your other gear should be whatever you think is best in terms of crafted or instanced level 95 gear. I tend to prioritize (for my minstrel) HP > Crit > Finesse for the Moors, but YMMV depending on how you like to play LM.

For jewelry, BB gear pretty much beats everything else if you can get the awful RNG to give them to you. Gold set gear especially but even standard plat set will pretty much be better, and the set bonuses are icing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000000a2d6/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Wilantuk View Post
    Frost Lore Silence with the 4 suit bonus is key to winning any raid fights that involve lots of war leaders in my opinion this is the best raid skill a LM or any class can bring to the fight.
    I use that set sometimes...warleaders don't appreciate it and as soon as they see you doing it they have all the creeps target you lol

If the creeps are targetting me on LM that means the healer and dps are free to do what they need I don't mind that at all. At this current time light armor classes took the lowest nerf to survivabilty due tactical mit caps being 40% instead of say 70% on my champ.
    With full Aud thats only a nerf of 10% to light armor classes in what we used to be able to mitigate. ( 30% mits on new damage type from full aud )

Please for the sake of your raid use your audacity gear I read in an earlier post that aud isn't needed anymore I find this completely inaccurate.
    Formerly Derlan of Arkenstone, Thistlebeard of Crickhollow, Thistlehair of Brandywine. Once again Derlan of Arkenstone. Your Welcome for the $75 WB.

Auzue, Number (Arkenstone)

Everyone has a different playstyle and i for one play at around 16k health and have no problem surviving in Blue line and in fact ive yet to lose a 1v1 blue line because of all it brings to you plus if you spend your points right you can go into yellow and get much love for your waterlore.

I love red line and all it brings but it works much better for small group play, its all how you set it up and what other trees you add into it.

Yellow line meh im not sold on it yet but i do mess with it from time to time .

Bottom line is you've got to experiment with everything and see what works best for you.
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

I've fairly recently started pvping on my lm and run with roughly 17.5k morale/18.6k ish with hope and destiny buff or food, and i find our survivability is good, but you've got to survive the bursts. i tend to find if i survive in a 1v1 for over 10 secs then im going to win, because the effect of hots and debuffs really starts to kick in. I would say that a good warg should always beat a lm (the combination of a +25% induction debuff and a 3 sec cd interrupt is very strong). only at 4/6 aud so far, but slowly getting there. I also advise red spec lms to go and get the ancient craft lightning dmg bonus, i can easily spike on creeps for 30k using that, and it's great for use on wargs at low morale (they hips and then the induction ends.. then they end too)

Mostly i find the biggest issue is that a) i rarely fight solo creeps, normally there's at least two on me, and b) im focus targeted whenever possible. I understand this is likely because being an induction class (and the only remaining induction class really) and because if left alone we deal huge amounts of damage
    Last edited by Faolian; Feb 07 2014 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Addition
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/23221010000154bec/signature.png]Grinkranark[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by -Tanyc- View Post
    My first and probably best advice would be to use crafted jewellery. The set jewels add dps but cost you a lot of morale. With crafted jewels and morale virtues my Lm went from ~16k to 20k+ morale.

My build is red. I trait into blue until I have prepared materials, into yellow for 30% Fire-lore and Storm-lore stun. The rest goes into red. There's no points left for Nature's Fury but I prefer to have 30% Fire-lore instead.

Spamming Water-lore doesn't save you anymore. Slows and Fire-lore are your best defense. If you don't use them you won't win vs good reavers and wargs.
    Once you have your slows working the fight shifts in your favour. This spar video vs a very skilled reaver is from 12.1, hope it helps :

While everyone has a different play style Waterlore will save your behind and when used right you wont have to blow WotC in a 1v1 which im shocked was used.

In 1v1s you have 3 options

1. Red line for the biggest challenge to live and win

2. Yellow for a happy medium with better debuffs and healling though red line can dable into yellow line and get healing results

3. Blue line which in my opinion is the best 1v1 tree period, i dont even think its close to the other ones

FYI i run around 16k and my loses in blue line in far and in between, red line depends on who im fight and yellow also.
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    While everyone has a different play style Waterlore will save your behind and when used right you wont have to blow WotC in a 1v1 which im shocked was used.

In 1v1s you have 3 options

1. Red line for the biggest challenge to live and win

2. Yellow for a happy medium with better debuffs and healling though red line can dable into yellow line and get healing results

3. Blue line which in my opinion is the best 1v1 tree period, i dont even think its close to the other ones

FYI i run around 16k and my loses in blue line in far and in between, red line depends on who im fight and yellow also.
    The only problem with blue line is that you rely mainly on sic em to win your 1v1's and after that your dps is pretty lackluster compared to going red and some yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by deatheluden View Post
    The only problem with blue line is that you rely mainly on sic em to win your 1v1's and after that your dps is pretty lackluster compared to going red and some yellow.
    This is not a problem for this build. The blue-line build in PvP is intended for only one strategy: spam water-lore. By making use of effects like "Coordination" or "Don't interrupt me", along with the fact that the blue line is the fastest line (barring possibly a Yellow spec that off-specs deep into blue), you can almost guarantee that you will be able to stack enough water-lore that no single creep can possibly kill you. This build puts the induction of water-lore at 0.7s if I remember correctly. Of course, you should have several opportunities to use it without any induction at all. With all this, even the fastest wargs out there won't be able to prevent you from stacking enough water-lore.

There's also the heal from loyalty, which is very significant. If by any chance you manage to mess up, you still have WotC to save your ###. Other than that, just toss a BE or a LotRD when water-lore is on cooldown, keep SI up, and let your pet DPS. There's no need to hurry; no single creep can out-dps 3 stacks of water-lore. It simply cannot be done.

Of course, if you don't wish your PvP experience to be just a zombie-like spam of one skill, this isn't the build for you.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100004f382b/signature.png]Bloodbad[/charsig]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast