We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Update 13 - *sigh*

From the preliminary release notes.

Lore-master

• Fixed a bug where a weaker version of Fire Lore's debuff was always overriding the stronger version.
    • ""Tactical Mastery"" is now ""Tactical Damage"", and increases Tactical Damage by 2% / Rank.
    • ""Ring of Fire"" has been significantly buffed.

So, another damage skill gets buffed and AM languishes.

I don't follow the second bullet. What is the end result?

Surrounded by familiar faces, worn out places... worn out places..
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcor View Post
    From the preliminary release notes.

Lore-master

• Fixed a bug where a weaker version of Fire Lore's debuff was always overriding the stronger version.
    • ""Tactical Mastery"" is now ""Tactical Damage"", and increases Tactical Damage by 2% / Rank.
    • ""Ring of Fire"" has been significantly buffed.

So, another damage skill gets buffed and AM languishes.

I don't follow the second bullet. What is the end result?
    I actually think "significantly buffed" means that it does extra damage, unless I misinterpreted that.

And now the increases is a percentage of the total amount of tactical mastery you have rather than adding tact mast to it.

To illustrate: now, at max rank you get +728 tact mast. With the new form, you get 2% per rank to a max of 10% more tact mast, so if at first you had, let's say, 30,000 tact mast, with the tact mast trait all maxed out you'll have +10% of 30,000 = 33,000 tact mast.

Quote Originally Posted by Easca View Post
    I actually think "significantly buffed" means that it does extra damage, unless I misinterpreted that.
    Yes, that was my interpretation and the reason for my complaint. We can do even more damage but the AM line still needs love.

-.-...........

To illustrate: now, at max rank you get +728 tact mast. With the new form, you get 2% per rank to a max of 10% more tact mast, so if at first you had, let's say, 30,000 tact mast, with the tact mast trait all maxed out you'll have +10% of 30,000 = 33,000 tact mast.
    You missread something. It is tactical dmg now. We will not get +10% tactical mastery but +10% tactical dmg.

Surrounded by familiar faces, worn out places... worn out places..
    Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    You missread something. It is tactical dmg now. We will not get +10% tactical mastery but +10% tactical dmg.
    I just noticed. Still, that means a +10% increase to tactical damage, thus the damage that you deal in general will be 10% greater. I guess it is then best described by saying that when you would normally deal 1000 damage you now deal 1100 damage.

I just noticed. Still, that means a +10% increase to tactical damage, thus the damage that you deal in general will be 10% greater. I guess it is then best described by saying that when you would normally deal 1000 damage you now deal 1100 damage.
    not really. It is a little bit more difficult. You have some tactical mastery which says, how much % tactical dmg you are doing. E.g. you can do 140% tact. dmg. The trait with +10% dmg means then, that you will do 150% (140+10) but not 140*1.1 = 154% (what you said)

We will do more dmg, but not +10% in common sense.

honestly when are they going to give us the skill gerbil wave..come on guys we have waited long enough

And now the increases is a percentage of the total amount of tactical mastery you have rather than adding tact mast to it.

ring of fire had its b/p/e debuff raised from 800 to 2.1k.

With the base amount healed by Water Lore, I think that Mending Lore needs to offer more to the skill when yellow spec'ed or there should be a passive yellow bonus that makes it heal for more. I'm one who believes AM should have more healing skills/mechanics, but for now I'm just referring to the flat numbers, Morale healed. "25% more healing" that ML offers at max rank doesn't feel like it makes a noticeable difference at all (apart from the extra +5% inc healing) to Water Lore - which is our main heal, available 3 times as often as Beacon/Light of Hope (where the 25% makes a bit more of a noticeable difference since the base heal is bigger, but still not by much compared to without ML, and the heal is still staggeringly small given its 30s CD and compared to the heals of all other support or healer type traitlines).

If you took 1,000 as the average amount healed by a non-crit WL, then bring Mending Lore into the picture, thats only 250 morale more. Its "a quater/25% more" as Mending Lore states.... but the difference between 1k and 1.25k (especially considering todays morale pools AND how much other "support" or "healing" traitlines heal for in comparison!) is teensy tiny, and therefore the difference between how much an AM LM and a how much a KoA or MoNF LM is healing... is also teensy tiny. This isn't good.

Without any points in Mending Lore the difference WL is healing barely touches 150-300 on the top or bottom end (i.e [and these aren't real numbers, but are close - I logged after a bug which made my 2nd age book disappear!] 600ish to 900ish without any points, 750ish to 1100ish with max ranks).

Here and in many other areas (utility/debuffs, but most especially CC and healing - and look at group healing mechanics old or new if at all possible), please buff the Ancient Master!
    Moar heelz seasea and batmanbelt plz. There are and have been, so many great suggestions.

If not Deviled Egg, can at least someone say something about yellow line? Egg has made direct posts in response to both red, and blue issues.

Not once have I seen a comment on anything yellow. Since HD Beta.
    Last edited by Ithrien; Mar 15 2014 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithrien View Post
    I'm one who believes AM should have more healing skills/mechanics
    And you are far from alone in that. After HD, the LM lost some of its healing potential that had not been restored or addressed. It is no longer possible to have shorter induction to Beacon of Hope and shorter cooldown (which the "Healer"/"Light of Hope" traits used to give). It is no longer possible to share our flank heals with wind-lore targets.

So many great ideas are being given in the neighboring "Yellow LM" thread in this class forum. Healing is support. Support line of a support class is a perfect place to introduce a few more healing mechanics, especially when this support line has been left lacking.

Every time new patch notes come out, I scroll down hoping to see anything - anything at all - addressing the AM line. This line had been neglected since mid-HD-beta and desperately needs something, anything. Other LM lines had received some dev attention since then. Time for AM line to catch up?