We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Minstrel BPE

Minstrel BPE

First of all, to all those cretins who grinned in delight as you saw this post as an opportunity to vent your hatred, please save your qq and irrelevant insults for ingame chat. I created this thread purely to elaborate on my recent attempts at stacking BPE on Tectonic, and possibly get tips, ideas and advice.

With normal moors gear my BPE stands at: 6.1% / 10.7% / 9.2% B/P/E , respectively.
    With jewelry+cloak that are based on Agil and Might with extra boosts on BPE, the ratings are bumped up to: 25.8% / 25.3% / 24.9% BPE, respectively. (This is without Melody of Battle, Trail Foods and Guard buffs ; with these, the ratings are increased slightly)

However, the BPE jewelry set comes with a heavy price of around -50% cut in tactical attk damage and around -15% in outgoing heals.
    Thus, the only two feasible uses for this jewelry set are:

1)for pure blue line healing in large fights where it's possible to tank 3-6 creeps depending on rank, skill and stuns with the HoT's of Salvation and Soliloquy whilst dishing out heals to people who need heals.
    2) for 1v1 (not just in blue line - i've been experimenting with yellow line with some blue line traits) which consequently results in a handful of creeps complaining and dishing out the standard insults ("tectonic fails so hard" / "tectonic uses heals in pvmp" / " you fail you get farmed so much" / "pro mini's never get stunned" (the last one courtesy of Botanks)).
    3) Pulling all of a keep, healing with HoT's and using Still as Death (thank you turbine for this skill!) near the bosses.

Any thoughts on this? Would be v.interested to know of ways to increase BPE - possibly through the use of scrolls? I've yet to come across such things. Also, it would be very much appreciated if somebody could verify the amount of BPE negation r8+ creeps can do.

Cheers.

did u found that after testing on our own creeps for commendations near grams?
    gg
    Overlord Jasiak Pokurw, Farmer of Froobz
    r7 BA
    r6 Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Jasthelion View Post
    did u found that after testing on our own creeps for commendations near grams?
    gg
    Sadly no, but Would have loved tested with your creep, but you were banned for macroexploit

Quote Originally Posted by Tecto View Post
    Sadly no, but Would have loved tested with your creep, but you were banned for macroexploit
    did i?

didnt know

but acussin me of using macros is compliment, thanks
    Overlord Jasiak Pokurw, Farmer of Froobz
    r7 BA
    r6 Champ

I would love to 1v1 and farm you, no matter what build you try.

Idk bout you guys, but first thing I think of when I think about minstrels is "not enough survivability"
    [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/6gir6u.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Eomon View Post
    Idk bout you guys, but first thing I think of when I think about minstrels is "not enough survivability"
    Xellor...don't you know that mini's need more survivability? They are broken...it is obvious...I saw one die just the other day in moors. And if one died..maybe more than one died...this is just not right. Mini's are not supposed to die...ever..under any circumstance!
    [img]http://www.piviksnetwork.com/images/sig-lotro.jpg[/img]
    I never hurt no Creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pivik View Post
    Mini's are not supposed to die...ever..under any circumstance!
    Sarcasm, right? Can't tell... The HD update boosted mini dps (far too much i think) when they should have decreased squishiness or at least give us back medium armour.

1) Should have put this in the minstrel forums

they should have decreased squishiness or at least give us back medium armour.
    2) I've played a mini since i started, and they've basically always been OP(since RoI at least, didn't play before that), giving them a BUFF to their survivability would make them(theoretically) completely godmode. There has always been a counter to a mini (Chain silence after Cry of Chorus fades), but with the buffs to cry making it almost perma available, that counter play is basically gone, now you have to stack -inc healing or just outright zerg them. Minstrels do not need a buff. =)
    Chocla 95 Minstrel (Fail Ezmoder) ~ Kraurshak R7 Warg (GTA 1v1 Ganker) ~ Qqmoarpls 41 Hunter
    "if i wanted i could go and actually become a lawyer " -belv

Quote Originally Posted by Pivik View Post
    Xellor...don't you know that mini's need more survivability? They are broken...it is obvious...I saw one die just the other day in moors. And if one died..maybe more than one died...this is just not right. Mini's are not supposed to die...ever..under any circumstance!
    maybe he was afk? That sounds like the only explanation.

And thanks for the green and red post... made it way more enjoyable to read this.

First of all, to all those cretins who grinned in delight as you saw this post as an opportunity to vent your hatred, please save your qq and irrelevant insults for ingame chat. I created this thread purely to elaborate on my recent attempts at stacking BPE on Tectonic, and possibly get tips, ideas and advice.

With normal moors gear my BPE stands at: 6.1% / 10.7% / 9.2% B/P/E , respectively.
    With jewelry+cloak that are based on Agil and Might with extra boosts on BPE, the ratings are bumped up to: 25.8% / 25.3% / 24.9% BPE, respectively. (This is without Melody of Battle, Trail Foods and Guard buffs ; with these, the ratings are increased slightly)

However, the BPE jewelry set comes with a heavy price of around -50% cut in tactical attk damage and around -15% in outgoing heals.
    Thus, the only two feasible uses for this jewelry set are:

1)for pure blue line healing in large fights where it's possible to tank 3-6 creeps depending on rank, skill and stuns with the HoT's of Salvation and Soliloquy whilst dishing out heals to people who need heals.
    2) for 1v1 (not just in blue line - i've been experimenting with yellow line with some blue line traits) which consequently results in a handful of creeps complaining and dishing out the standard insults ("tectonic fails so hard" / "tectonic uses heals in pvmp" / " you fail you get farmed so much" / "pro mini's never get stunned" (the last one courtesy of Botanks)).
    3) Pulling all of a keep, healing with HoT's and using Still as Death (thank you turbine for this skill!) near the bosses.

Any thoughts on this? Would be v.interested to know of ways to increase BPE - possibly through the use of scrolls? I've yet to come across such things. Also, it would be very much appreciated if somebody could verify the amount of BPE negation r8+ creeps can do.

Cheers.

Hey, as others have pointed out already, you arn't supposed to be able to survive an army of creeps attacking you without any support. Ministrels survivability was suppose to be through healing. I dont think the devs ever intended for ministrels to be able to reach the bpe levels they can now without giving up much outgoing healing. Anyways, i will try not to troll and help you out.

First thing, I think most warg attacks cant be bpe? I know this was the case at one point, i am not sure if this still applies. So stacking bpe wont help you against wargs if this is still the case.

Second point, the finesse mechanics aren't explained very well in detail. Someone explains them here although i am not sure if the equation is outdated: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...e-in-the-moors

I cant be certain but if you have 20% block, 23% evade, and 22% parry with a creep that has 10% finesse you would get the following:

20-(10*20/65)= 16.92% block, finesse reduced about 3.08%
    23-(10*23/65)= 19.46% evade, finesse reduced about 3.54%
    22-(10*22/65)= 18.62% parry, finesse reduced about 3.38%

Up above, the 10 in the equation equals the % of creep finesse and the 65 equals the total of bpe (20+23+22) in this scenario. Also notice that 3.08 + 3.54 + 3.38 adds up to equal 10 which is the total % of reduction from finesse.

Third thing, I believe resistance still subtracts directly from the rating. So if you have 30% resist and a creep has 10% finesse, then i believe you should resist 20% of attacks from them. That is why tactical classes seem to be dominating the moors recently. They can easily stack finesse to eliminate all the enemies resist while physical classes that have to go through bpe have to split it 3 ways. Once you add skills like moving target and catch prey, physical classes lose out again. There are no creep skills that boost all resistance by flat percentages so freep tactical classes win out again. The one thing i have noticed is that dot skills dont appear to have any finesse outside of the original hit. Therefore, resistance is useful against those nasty lm and fire rk dots.

Last point, creeps don't have much access to finesse outside of battlefield promotions and a few class traits that contribute very little. At rank 15, i think creeps have 16% finesse which isnt very high. By stacking bpe, you may be able to reduce alot of incoming damage from reavers. Most of their damage comes from impale, and i believe every impale strike per bleed has to pass a bpe check. Since impale goes through mitigations, stacking bpe may be the best option to reduce the chance that you get nailed by those large impales.

P.S. Ministrels are OP.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000f8df2/signature.png]Iliketurtles[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Torqky View Post
    I dont think the devs ever intended for ministrels to be able to reach the bpe levels they can now without giving up much outgoing healing.
    Somewhat agree with you but also disagree, seeing as 1 Might = 3 block + parry points. I haven't checked this with other classes though. Also, the -50% cut in dps due to the loss of Will is a fair bargain more or less.

First thing, I think most warg attacks cant be bpe? I know this was the case at one point, i am not sure if this still applies. So stacking bpe wont help you against wargs if this is still the case.
    Yup you're right. But most wargs on this server can't surprise nibble at your backside and lower morale far enough before you use skills/items to snap out of stun + fear pot and subsequently 100%crit+salvation. I find that when two high rank wargs share your backside happy meal, it get's harder - thus I usually have Fellow.Heart on whenever soloing and/or other HoT's.

20-(10*20/65)= 16.92% block, finesse reduced about 3.08%
    23-(10*23/65)= 19.46% evade, finesse reduced about 3.54%
    22-(10*22/65)= 18.62% parry, finesse reduced about 3.38%
    Thanks for number crunching this. It doesn't seem like much but i find it's saved my life far too often.

Third thing, I believe resistance still subtracts directly from the rating.
    Yeah I believe this too, but some mini's from Brandywine were confident that this had changed with the HD update.

By stacking bpe, you may be able to reduce alot of incoming damage from reavers. Most of their damage comes from impale, and i believe every impale strike per bleed has to pass a bpe check. Since impale goes through mitigations, stacking bpe may be the best option to reduce the chance that you get nailed by those large impales.
    Explains why Peach and kraum are so slow to kill me.

P.S. Ministrels are OP.
    I reckon every class can be OP, some more explicitly than others - it depends on player skill.

Quote Originally Posted by natriumion View Post
    And thanks for the green and red post... made it way more enjoyable to read this.
    I try.

Thanks Torqky for your wisdom.

This fail mini talking here like if he was important or something is funny to say the least. My challenge stands, come 1v1 me with your fail BPE build. Also you are a known fail farmer, I don't know why you get upset about others supposedly cheating when you cheat too.

Tectonic, you remind me of dyslexic person claiming to be the smoothest talker.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by No QQ™.
    Aglaeka R11 Minstrel - Asylum ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Juddeau R10 Burglar - Asylum ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Bluewafles R10 Weaver - No QQ ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Snagglepuss R13 Warleader - No QQ ~ Dwarrowdelf

Minstrels may be bpe machines but we have A++ tactical DPS classes to counter them if I remember im sure
    Shapcidrat SoM-RoR

Every thread I see is full of trolls....