We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

PAX East 2014 - Will Turbine\LOTRO have an event

Will Turbine\LOTRO have an event for PAX East 2014?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001821ff/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

No chance, you only go to these events to show off new stuff.... LOTRO isnt getting anything new for the next 12 months other than some more bugs + lag. Indeed, the games is being run on such a shoestring I doubt they could even afford to send an intern!

But don't worry! I'm sure Infinite Crisis will be there, the game that was funded almost entirely from the LOTRO store... So nice to know a small piece of LOTRO will be there

Hopefully they have the player party again, it was fun last year and I got to meet some really nice people!
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Man I miss all that excitement that use to come along with Lotro. I remember planning to go to pax just for that. Now it feels like that flame is just slowly withering.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by krator916l View Post
    Will Turbine\LOTRO have an event for PAX East 2014?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Hopefully they have the player party again, it was fun last year and I got to meet some really nice people!
    Would you believe I literally had this conversation about 20 minutes ago?

LOTRO will not have a booth, and we won't be having our usual party, but I'm looking to put together something for LOTRO fans to meet up and talk about the game. It will be more along the lines of what I've done in Orlando and Buffalo recently than our previous invitation only parties.

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated as we get things more locked down. I'm also looking at possibly doing something along the same lines fairly soon in Florida and/or possibly North Carolina. So if it all works out, we'll be looking at as many as 3 opportunities to get together with fellow players, in a lot more places than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Orlando and Buffalo recently than our previous invitation only parties.

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated as we get things more locked down. I'm also looking at possibly doing something along the same lines fairly soon in Florida and/or possibly North Carolina. So if it all works out, we'll be looking at as many as 3 opportunities to get together with fellow players, in a lot more places than usual.
    Come to NYC!

I went to the BostonPax party a few years ago,..it was a combo of lotro and DDO. It was right by Fenway.
    [color=orange][size=3][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/Tabloid42]"Welby's Machinima and Vids Channel"[/url][/size][/color]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/welbyflickr/sets/]Welby's Cosplay & Con pics[/url]

LOTRO will not have a booth, and we won't be having our usual party, but I'm looking to put together something for LOTRO fans to meet up and talk about the game. It will be more along the lines of what I've done in Orlando and Buffalo recently than our previous invitation only parties.

Aw, this is sad but hopefully you can get something together, there certainly were a LOT of people last year! And talking to the devs was great!
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I hope something does come together in Boston. I'll definitely be there if it does, and I'm sure there are some folks out there who'd love to shout at a Councilor in person.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Boston..

When are you coming to Arizona??

(BTW it's supposed to 72F here today, and sunny.)
    Last edited by PirateNell; Feb 07 2014 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateNell View Post
    Boston..

When are you coming to Arizona??

(BTW it's supposed to 72F here today, and sunny.)
    I currently have no plans to head out west. Though If that changes, I'll let everyone know.

sad day

Wow. How will I ever get my lotro hoodie? I bought pax tickets just for that...

V.K.S. Firestorm - Flagship of the Royal Vokian Star Empire War Fleet
    Hey Sapience, just checking/bumping this thread. Has anything been established yet for the get together?

Looking forward to it!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000000d53a/01008/signature.png]Donnatello[/charsig]
    Firefoot... Our [COLOR=DarkOrange][Jewelled Bell][/COLOR] goes *Schwing*Schwing*
    ----------------------------------------
    I am Arinthros! Obey me.

Quote Originally Posted by arinthros View Post
    Hey Sapience, just checking/bumping this thread. Has anything been established yet for the get together?

Looking forward to it!
    Nothing yet, but whatever happens it will not be like past events. It will follow the same format of the Florida, Buffalo, and North Carolina events.

Why is LOTRO not going to be represented at PAX this year? This seems odd to me. I still can't find a way to Boston anyway, and tickets are already sold out, but with it being in Turbine's back yard, why not have a booth?
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

Quote Originally Posted by Lethareth View Post
    Why is LOTRO not going to be represented at PAX this year? This seems odd to me. I still can't find a way to Boston anyway, and tickets are already sold out, but with it being in Turbine's back yard, why not have a booth?
    Because Infinite Crisis, that's why. Can't steal the thunder.

As much as we all love LotRO (and I do... i really do, it's my only love-affair MMO ever because of the Tolkien IP), this game is on Turbine's back burner and will remain so. Most LotRO store profits probably are shunted to IC development now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethareth View Post
    We didn't have one last year either. Nor at Pax Prime last year.

I'll be poking about and I'm trying to put together a LOTRO meet and greet like those I'm doing over the next couple of weeks in NC and FL. So keep an eye posted. Looking to do it somewhere smaller and closer to the BCEC this year. Hopefully in Boston proper and without the need to have people drive literally across town to the stick and Fenway.

It's a shame that all my favourite haunts are A) across the river and B) too small to hold this kind of event, even if it's going to be scaled down from previous years. I have no idea what's good in the convention center area, so I can't even begin to make suggestions.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    It's a shame that all my favourite haunts are A) across the river and B) too small to hold this kind of event, even if it's going to be scaled down from previous years. I have no idea what's good in the convention center area, so I can't even begin to make suggestions.
    Downtown Boston is also on the list. Just not Fenway type distances.

I'll be poking about and I'm trying to put together a LOTRO meet and greet like those I'm doing over the next couple of weeks in NC and FL.
    Could you do one in or near central VA, preferably after the second week of June (school year ending)?

Downtown Boston is also on the list. Just not Fenway type distances.
    In that case, what about The Kinsale? The closure of Government Center might make it slightly inconvenient to get to, but it's a pretty good pub that should have enough space for the event. There's probably a better option, but that's one of the first ones that came to mind.

Official answer: YES.

LOTRO Player Meet and Greet during PAX is Friday April 11 at 7:30PM at the Bell in Hand. Add your name to the list here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-April-11-2014