We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickysmom View Post
    Again: "The stack size limit for Crafting and Hobby barter items has been removed."

The only crafting barter items I know of are the guild reputation pieces. I do not stockpile them anymore, so I cannot test this. As for the hobby barter items, I do not fish so have not idea.
    Crafting Barter Items could mean the items we craft to barter for relics.

If someone doesn't have a premium wallet do those things end up in the default wallet or do they end up in inventory?
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

I think it would be nice if some Turbinite would explain
    what the neck they mean.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Hm, no. I'm a lifetimer, I have a wallet that stacks taxidermy items and
    Khuzdul tablets, and I can tell you that I NEVER bought a wallet update
    of any kind in the Store.
    The wallet was a pre-purchase bonus for one of the expansions. Forget which one.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmuar View Post
    •The stack size limit for Crafting and Hobby barter items has been removed.

What is this exactly?
    I am not an English major, so I can not really say how this sentence was suppose to be read.

I read it as:
    The stack size limit for Crafting items has been removed.
    -and-
    The stack size limit for Hobby barter items has been removed.

I was very excited. My 10,000,000,000 stacks of ore, skins, wood, etc would now take a lot less vault space. I was wrong.

Now, I am guessing it must have meant:
    The stack size limit for Crafting barter items has been removed.
    -and-

If it was only for barter items, I am not sure why they would even mention it in the patch notes. That seems really minor.

Would this be:
    "Crafting" and "Hobby barter"
    -or-
    "Crafting barter" and "Hobby barter"
    I know there is an English rule for it. I just don't know the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    The wallet was a pre-purchase bonus for one of the expansions. Forget which one.
    No it wasn't. It came out with Update 6.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

The Premium Wallet was not a pre-order perk, it was a one time, account wide purchase costing 995TP and it shipped with U6.

There was quite a hoohah at the time as many VIPs thought it should be a free perk. If you have it, you bought it from the Store.

So I log on and I can't find anything that stacks more than it used to, so whatever hobby and crafting items they're referring to is a major fail. It's pretty much nothing that we collected that many of (patterns? leather or planks perhaps?) or nothing we collect at all. Yet this was something that was worth mentioning on the release notes? I do not think that means what they think it means.....
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    No it wasn't. It came out with Update 6.
    I stand corrected. I've always had a large pile of TP. When I buy a "no brainer" benefit like this from the store, I don't use my brains, so I don't remember the purchase.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

I was noodling in Esteldin and saw a Crafting Barter NPC just outside the gates. Eons ago we used to get crit items from killing special mobs/animals, a warg paw here from some named beast and talons from lynxes etc. That method was replaced with current set of crit items (globs of X, nobs of Y) that you primarily get from nodes but also as drops from mobs.

That NPC was an exchange vendor for the old items to the new ones. I wonder I "those" are the stacks referenced?

I don't think many of those mobs still exist in the game - some do but not all of them. I haven't seen WindScreamer in eons on the high moors but I do run into the other ones like the BIG Turtle in Angmar (Ironsides?) etc. I also didn't think anyone was stocking up on those now-trash craft turn ins.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Pie4all View Post
    Now, I am guessing it must have meant:
    The stack size limit for Crafting barter items has been removed.
    -and-

If it was only for barter items, I am not sure why they would even mention it in the patch notes. That seems really minor.
    This is how I understood it the first time I saw patch notes. I also thought "oh well. Whatever the limit was, it never bothered me. Neeext." Does someone actually hoard crafting barter items (like guild LI items that you barter for crafted relics) and hobby barter items that much?

Like you said, this one is a really minor change.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilean-EU View Post
    This is how I understood it the first time I saw patch notes. I also thought "oh well. Whatever the limit was, it never bothered me. Neeext." Does someone actually hoard crafting barter items (like guild LI items that you barter for crafted relics) and hobby barter items that much?

Like you said, this one is a really minor change.
    It must have been a major problem since it was changed due to "player feedback".
    [URL=http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/kidnova78/media/sig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj609/kidnova78/sig.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Maybe it's the crafted rep items that are profession specific?
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    I stand corrected. I've always had a large pile of TP. When I buy a "no brainer" benefit like this from the store, I don't use my brains, so I don't remember the purchase.
    Can't argue with that logic. ^_^

I must say this is one of the most redundant updates ever if we can't even figure out what was changed. xD Why make some elusive and unknown item that apparently so few people even care about to stack, when so many people have been begging for much more widely used items to stack, such as: crafting resources (make those stacks go to 999 please!). That's gotta be the #1 most-asked for item to stack higher than it does now.

Next would probably be the trash we get from mobs, that usually stack to 50 (these things typically can be used for tasks, so it's annoying to carry around a few stacks of trash when one could just have 1 stack of a higher quantity).

And next perhaps the final tier of the lvl 45 class quest items? As I store these items for my kinmates (as leader and banker of the kin), I know I get annoyed when I'm told that I can't have more than 1 of them in my inventory at a time. Take away that stupid unique tag and let them stack. -.-
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

*waves frantically*

Sapience, when you cruise through this thread again--can you give us some examples of what type of crafting items had their stack limits removed???? Were you by any chance referring to items that can be traded with the Brockhouses in Michel Delving and Esteldin for critical success components?

Not sure where the player feedback was on these items. If the rationale was player feedback in the official Inventory discussion thread, we were all asking for resources and components to stack in single stacks. Shucks, I don't even bother bartering with the Brockhouses, I just vendor those items. I'm up to my ears in crit success items in my vaults as it is.

FYI for thread readers/participants: here's the Lotro-Wiki list of what I'm referring to: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Craf..._Barter_List_2

"The stack size limit for Crafting and Hobby barter items has been removed."

This is just a very poorly worded note. How it should read is:

"The stack limit for all barterable items in inventory should now be 99,999."

What this change means is if an item can be bartered, regardless as to what the item is, then it should no longer have a stack limit of 100.

The words 'crafting' and 'hobby' in the note are misleading, as this change affected not only those but Festival Tokens, Raid tokens, Moria coins, etc.

Hope this helps clear things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr View Post

What this change means is if an item can be bartered, regardless as to what the item is, then it should no longer have a stack limit of 100.

The words 'crafting' and 'hobby' in the note are misleading, as this change affected not only those but Festival Tokens, Raid tokens, Moria coins, etc.

Yes, indeed it does. Thanks very much, Kehleyer.

Thanks, Kehleyr!

Still doesn't help my pcs, though....sigh.....

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    So... absolutely useless to anyone who has the Premium Wallet already. Why couldn't they change stack sizes for IXP Runes too? At least that would help everyone.

My house vault has about 50 slots filled with IXP Runes. 25 per stack is far too low.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    So... absolutely useless to anyone who has the Premium Wallet already. Why couldn't they change stack sizes for IXP Runes too? At least that would help everyone.

My house vault has about 50 slots filled with IXP Runes. 25 per stack is far too low.
    Just a question... why do you need 50 slots of IXP Runes? I keep 2 stacks of the 937K runes (so about 50 million exp) and I have waaaay too many. Take all those low level runes - use them to level LIs up to level 60 - rip them apart - if you get the 937K rune, keep it in your house - If you get a rune less than 937K, just use it to level another LI to level 60 and repeat the process. In a week or two you will have two stacks of the largest runes and free up 48 storage slots. I have an army of alts that I keep rolling with these runes.

I can not see why anyone would need to keep 50 slots of low level runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr View Post

Thank you very much!

This change is of great help to me! Now I just need to go out and gather more stuff to fill the empty slots in my vault
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Just a question... why do you need 50 slots of IXP Runes? I keep 2 stacks of the 937K runes (so about 50 million exp) and I have waaaay too many. Take all those low level runes - use them to level LIs up to level 60 - rip them apart - if you get the 937K rune, keep it in your house - If you get a rune less than 937K, just use it to level another LI to level 60 and repeat the process. In a week or two you will have two stacks of the largest runes and free up 48 storage slots. I have an army of alts that I keep rolling with these runes.

I can not see why anyone would need to keep 50 slots of low level runes.
    Most of them are 1000s to 3000s IIRC. I'm OCD, which means that unless I have six of them to put on each weapon to keep their amounts the same, they get stowed when I go back to town to sell stuff (and I TP to my house to put them away). Then by the time I have a lot of them, I don't want to use them all because it's three clicks per rune, and I hate having to do that much for minimal usage.

In short, I just have a backlog of runes to use, and because the interface is so bad for their use, the backlog keeps getting larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    Thank you very much!

This change is of great help to me! Now I just need to go out and gather more stuff to fill the empty slots in my vault
    What kind of items did you have that were barterable? I haven't found anything yet, so I'd like to know what this applies to. I have the premium wallet though, so this is probably a completely useless thing for most of us.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    Most of them are 1000s to 3000s IIRC. I'm OCD, which means that unless I have six of them to put on each weapon to keep their amounts the same, they get stowed when I go back to town to sell stuff (and I TP to my house to put them away). Then by the time I have a lot of them, I don't want to use them all because it's three clicks per rune, and I hate having to do that much for minimal usage.

In short, I just have a backlog of runes to use, and because the interface is so bad for their use, the backlog keeps getting larger.
    Okay, I get that. I honestly do.

Okay, I get that. I honestly do.
    Still hoping that IXP Runes will be turned into something like Destiny Points for LIs. Use em like rep items to fill the IXP "wallet" then spend those points on LIs.

I just sell the little IXP runes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast