We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Stacking Limits Removed

•The stack size limit for Crafting and Hobby barter items has been removed.

What is this exactly?

Well, it isn't for crafted food or crafting ingredients.
    [CENTER][I][SIZE=1][COLOR=Gray]This has been a public harassment announcement®[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Gray] Courtesy of The Ministry of Creative Anarchy - Public Harassment Office[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[/CENTER]

I'm going to guess it's the crafting guild rep items and barter fish from the summer festival.
    GL DLR ASTO MRVVAOK? KPXD PREOG...

The only thing i can think of is the trophy fish items ya turn into the taxidemist for the housing decorations. but those get stored in the wallet.

Not sure what the crafting barter items are. Might be talking about the crafting guild symbols ya use for rep and single use recipes

Woulda been nice if they would remove the stack limits on crafting materiels like wood, ore, scholar, hides, or farmed goods. .

Quote Originally Posted by Gagmuk View Post
    The only thing i can think of is the trophy fish items ya turn into the taxidemist for the housing decorations. but those get stored in the wallet.
    Only in the premium wallet. I remember being thrilled to get the fish out of my vault and inventory when I upgraded the wallet. One of the best purchases I ever made.

Not sure what the crafting barter items are. Might be talking about the crafting guild symbols ya use for rep and single use recipes
    Well, I've been stacking jeweler's symbols, so that can't be it. Maybe things like Dunedain Stars, that you trade for LI settings, etc.?

Woulda been nice if they would remove the stack limits on crafting materiels like wood, ore, scholar, hides, or farmed goods. .
    I'm seriously bummed by this news. That's what I thought they meant, and I was SOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to not having to deal with either having multiple stacks of mats or getting rid of extras I didn't want to part with while leveling a tier. Now I have nothing to look forward to when I go in-game tonight.
    Last edited by SouthernBelle0927; Jan 23 2014 at 02:32 PM. Reason: fix quote tag

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly it is that now stacks and didn't before. Crafted guild rep items already stack and the crafted items for relic barter go into the premium wallet if you have that. Now, if we could just get them to add the crafted rep items to our premium wallet, I'd free up a ton of vault space! I've had the premium wallet for so long now that I've probably just forgotten what does/doesn't stack if you don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmuar View Post
    •The stack size limit for Crafting and Hobby barter items has been removed.

What is this exactly?
    Who really knows? But it sure did look impressive on the patch notes, didn't it?

As others have said, maybe this is a boon for the folks who don't have the premium wallet. I've had it for so long I don't remember what did and didn't stack. The crafting guild barter items have always stacked for me so not really sure what they are referring to here.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyF View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what exactly it is that now stacks and didn't before. Crafted guild rep items already stack and the crafted items for relic barter go into the premium wallet if you have that. Now, if we could just get them to add the crafted rep items to our premium wallet, I'd free up a ton of vault space! I've had the premium wallet for so long now that I've probably just forgotten what does/doesn't stack if you don't have it.
    Read the note again. I myself had to read it again before the meaning sank in. It does not say that the items that previously did not stack would now stack but that the STACK SIZE LIMIT for the items was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickysmom View Post
    Read the note again. I myself had to read it again before the meaning sank in. It does not say that the items that previously did not stack would now stack but that the STACK SIZE LIMIT for the items was removed.
    Ahh, yes, thank you - I completely misread that. Still curious which items it means. And would still like all my rep items to go in my wallet.

What exactly IS stacking now?

I'm borked at the log in and I "thought" it was supposed to be more of everything but from these posts it seems not... so what actually had their stack limit removed? Unique Items?
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post

I'm borked at the log in and I "thought" it was supposed to be more of everything but from these posts it seems not... so what actually had their stack limit removed? Unique Items?
    I'm also very curious about this Please enlighten me someone!

Regards
    /T

What exactly is the "premium wallet"? Is it something that by default VIPs / lifetimers get? Did it come with one of the expacs on pre-order? Never come across that term before.
    Because SOA was damn site better than what we have in today's LOTRO.
    (This signature space could be yours on short term leases. Contact me for details and rates!!)

So they spent Dev time removing stacking limits on things so insignificant that folks can't figure out what they are.
    But the left in place the stacking limits on crafting mats that many, many people have been crying out to be removed. (See, for example, the official thread on storage reform)

Way to focus on the important stuff Turbine....
    [CENTER]Thiranigor (CPT) - Alyshia (CHN) - Menthol (GRD) - Whandall (BRG) - Thangoril (RK) - Tinudalia (HNT) - Ederoth (HNT)
    Elendilmir - Weapon of Choice
    [/CENTER]

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    What exactly is the "premium wallet"? Is it something that by default VIPs / lifetimers get? Did it come with one of the expacs on pre-order? Never come across that term before.
    Premium wallet must be purchased by VIPs and Lifers via TP in the store.

It basically puts all barter items in the wallet. Taxidermy items, festival items like spring flowers or summer fish, landscape barter items like khuzdul tablets, lorien leaves and branches, etc.

Premium Wallet:

Premium Wallet Upgrade
    Purchasing this offer will allow you to move ALL barter items from your inventory and shared storage into the wallet permanently. This includes instance and skirmish tokens, region barter tokens, festival tokens, taxidermy barter items, legendary item barter tokens, crafting instance tokens and crafted runic barter items. This offer applies to all newly created characters and must only be purchased once.

Level Classes Uses Normal Price (In TP's)
    All All Account 995
    One of the best purchases a player can possible make, right after uncapping gold, getting extra bag spaces, getting more storage (be it shared or wardrobe), etc.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

If this removes the stacking limits of IXP balls (currently my vaults are overly full with these and I've taken to vendoring many) and items that appear in my bag for tasks it will be an improvement. Now if you could fix the other things we've asked for..... like class issues and end game I could call it a win.
    [CENTER]I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post

Again: "The stack size limit for Crafting and Hobby barter items has been removed."

The only crafting barter items I know of are the guild reputation pieces. I do not stockpile them anymore, so I cannot test this. As for the hobby barter items, I do not fish so have not idea.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post

It basically puts all barter items in the wallet. Taxidermy items, festival items like spring flowers or summer fish, landscape barter items like khuzdul tablets, lorien leaves and branches, etc.
    Hm, no. I'm a lifetimer, I have a wallet that stacks taxidermy items and
    Khuzdul tablets, and I can tell you that I NEVER bought a wallet update
    of any kind in the Store.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post

It must be different for lifers than VIPs, as I've been a VIP for a year now, but got the wallet a few months after subscribing.

Maybe I'm calling it the wrong name, but I THINK in the LOTRO Store it's listed as the Premium Wallet Upgrade. One purchase covers all the characters on an account. Now my wallet holds all my regular and skirmish currency and pretty much anything that is used for barter, like Arnorian coins, rusted dwarf tools, silver branches, festival fish, festival tokens, any jeweler's guild barter items I craft, and taxidermy barter items. LI shards also go in it, since I guess they're technically barter items as well.

As far as I know it's available to all Premium and VIP players. I believe I got mine during a 20% off sale, but I seem to recall the regular price is 995 TP. Buying it was like buying account-wide vault storage, because it opened up about 10 vault slots more or less for each character. The really nice thing about it is that I don't have to buy expansion slots for it like other storage.

It must be different for lifers than VIPs, as I've been a VIP for a year now, but got the wallet a few months after subscribing.
    Lifers are no different than VIP. As a lifer I had to buy the premium wallet with TP. It might have been included as a perk with a pre-order expansion, but I can't attest to that as I haven't pre-ordered in a few.
    [CENTER]I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

Some barter-type items automatically go into the wallet without it needing to be the premium wallet. Everyone needs to pay for the premium wallet and it was never offered with anything for free. In fact, the very idea that VIPs had to pay for it caused a huge stink on the forums.
    GL DLR ASTO MRVVAOK? KPXD PREOG...

As for the hobby barter items, I do not fish so have not idea.
    Individual junk fish always stacked but perhaps this is what got the limit lifted? Cooking fish also stacked. Taxidermy fish went into the Barter Wallet if you had the upgrade.

iirc Taxidermy items all went into the wallet with no problems before. Maybe they now stack up "corpses of white wolves"?

Still confused about what did get the stack limit un-cap I was thinking it WAS crafting ingredients like BEANs - I got slots and slots of BEANS each 100 per stack. Would be nice to have 1 slot of beans, I can only eat each so many at a time
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

ok thanks for the clarification. In that case it seems that I've already got it!
    Because SOA was damn site better than what we have in today's LOTRO.
    (This signature space could be yours on short term leases. Contact me for details and rates!!)

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Could it happen that the premium wallet upgrade felt so natural that you forgot about purchasing it?

Lifetimers have to buy it just like all other players. Me and my husband both purchased the premium wallet as soon as it was introduced somewhere between the expansions (I am pretty confident it was never included in preorder bonuses unlike a shared storage and the 6th bag). I have a friend - also a lifetimer - who still did not get the premium wallet because they do not want it.

Regarding the topic, I am also curious about the mysterious stack limit removal. If it is only for guild reputation items, it is kinda pointless... I could reach the stack limit on those only on Bullroarer and it was 100 items. No way I will get so many on live server.
    Ishtarien - Captain 100
    Ishtarel - HNT 100 / Ishtaridas - LRM 100 / Cabernetta - GRD 100 / Ishtari - RNK 100 / Ishti - BRG 100 / Lunasa - MNS 100 / Medovinus - BRN 100
    The Mellowship - [EN] Eldar -> [EN] Evernight

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast