We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question What am I doing wrong??? (Quest:Reputation -- Heavy Cotton Cloak)

Hi all

I am hoping you can help me, as I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out why on middleearth I cannot do this quest- there must be some detail I am missing. I am trying to do this quest:
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ques...ak#Objective_1

Lvl 25- yup (I am 33)
    expert tailor- yup (I am artisan)
    got the request from leoflac/bought the request- yup
    quest visible and selected in quest log- yup

So, as I understand, I am to craft a heavy cotton cloak, yes? (Why does it say "collect" some places and "craft" others? Am I to pick up a cloak from somewhere/ someone?)
    But I cannot craft it- is is not to be found anywhere on my expert list of items I can craft. There is a cotton cloak, but no heavy cotton cloak...
    When I right-click the request/quest item in my inventory, it says "using that has no effect"...

I am lost... help....

Best regards,

You need to learn the recipe before you may craft it. The recipe is available as a random drop from Expert Tailor Scroll Cases (these drop from level 25-34 mobs), the Auction House (maybe), or the LOTRO Store. I recommend you ask your kin if anyone has one, and otherwise keep questing/grinding until you get a Scroll Case to drop it.

I think Heavy Cotton Cloak is a different recipe than Cotton Cloak, you may have to buy it off the AH or find one to drop. Though I always thought that crafting quests which required something to be crafted automatically gave you the recipe (or was made using a default recipe). Maybe you had it in your inventory and sold it?
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

This quest used to require an auto-granted component - leather pads or leather bracers... something like that. When components were removed from the professions the required item for this quest was changed to Heavy Cotton Cloak, which as others have pointed out is a loot-dropped recipe.

You can find this, you just need to search a bit!

Thank you so much!!!

BTW: I would be grateful if Turbine allowed to turn in the critical result of the Heavy Cotton Cloak, too. Farming ten stout hides, only to lose them to a purple item, isn't funny anymore.

Greetings, Polymachos

Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    BTW: I would be grateful if Turbine allowed to turn in the critical result of the Heavy Cotton Cloak, too. Farming ten stout hides, only to lose them to a purple item, isn't funny anymore.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Yes, that is just utterly annoying!

My solution was to pick up a cheap apprentice level sewing kit, to minimize my crit chances.
    Recent immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Got the recipe to make the yew fishing pole from a vendor (level 28 tailor recipe is loot/store only). Critted three times before making a plain one! Should have used a plain vendor tool...
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

Quote Originally Posted by Dotlbeme View Post
    Got the recipe to make the yew fishing pole from a vendor (level 28 tailor recipe is loot/store only). Critted three times before making a plain one! Should have used a plain vendor tool...
    I don't see the problem here?? Critting is a GOOD thing.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1BxerMO.jpg[/IMG]
    The mind twists and bends to shake the horrors of life
    The mind, keeping it's sanity, bends so far that it snaps in two.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedmetalplayer21 View Post
    I don't see the problem here?? Critting is a GOOD thing.
    Hi

The problem is that some quest rewards require the basic not 'critted' item so the critted item won'/t be accepted.