We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 42 of 42
  1. #26
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    522
    Perhaps this kinship is better off now without the disgruntled former member around. I am wondering if they have since stipulated the restrictions regarding kin items posted in the ah. Perhaps on their web site. It all sounds a bit like someone who spills coffee on themselves and sues the establishment because the coffee was too hot. This has been an eye opening read.
    Last edited by Breeon; Feb 17 2014 at 12:08 AM.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fredericton, NB Canada
    Posts
    35
    An eye opening read is an understatement.

    What started as a conversation between an officer and a kin member about something went against the morals and general behavior expected of all of our kinmates turned ugly when this former kin member acknowledged what he did but refused to atone for what they had done and forced the hand the leadership of our family to act.

    It is never something that we take lightly, and anyone who truly knows what RB is all about already knows that we go to great lengths to provide an atmosphere where folks are comfortable and know that they won't be taken advantage of without someone speaking up and doing something about it.

    I'm glad I took a few days before I responded here as my words would have been much more coarse when the topic came up. Especially in light of the fact that this former mates' entire argument is based on the fact that they see no issue in exploiting the generosity of their in-game family for their own selfish gains.

    Have fun and good luck with your new kin duttnutt, but know that your actions and presence will not be missed among our ranks. I fully expect that my sentiments are widely shared, not only across Meneldor but across the entire LOTRO community.

    - Clint M
    Rare Breed ~ Meneldor
    Last edited by ClintM; Feb 17 2014 at 07:24 PM.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,703
    Or you guys could have not responded and given him the time of day plus display your kin business to the general public which we didnt need to know about.

    Sometimes saying nothing at all is bigger then saying something.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by ClintM View Post
    An eye opening read is an understatement.

    What started as a conversation between an officer and a kin member about something went against the morals and general behavior expected of all of our kinmates turned ugly when this former kin member acknowledged what he did but refused to atone for what they had done and forced the hand the leadership of our family to act.

    It is never something that we take lightly, and anyone who truly knows what RB is all about already knows that we go to great lengths to provide an atmosphere where folks are comfortable and know that they won't be taken advantage of without someone speaking up and doing something about it.

    I'm glad I took a few days before I responded here as my words would have been much more coarse when the topic came up. Especially in light of the fact that this former mates' entire argument is based on the fact that they see no issue in exploiting the generosity of their in-game family for their own selfish gains.

    Have fun and good luck with your new kin duttnutt, but know that your actions and presence will not be missed among our ranks. I fully expect that my sentiments are widely shared, not only across Meneldor but across the entire LOTRO community.

    - Clint M
    Rare Breed ~ Meneldor
    For what its worth, thanks. Since reading this post I have amended my own kinship's charter:

    "...Members should place other Members of this Kinship above the wants and needs of others outside of it. This is more a matter of practicality than it is about allegiance, and can be ensured by limiting the extension of benefits offered to non-members to within reason (i.e. as representatives of the Kinship offering symbolic gestures to newfound non-member friends, or in assisting alt characters on rare occasions and under certain circumstances).

    Items in any Kinship housing properties are for Members only, and if items are placed in the Auction House and made available only to Kinship Members they are not to be purchased and then reposted or used to supply any character outside of the Kinship."

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Sometimes saying nothing at all is bigger then saying something.
    True. There is, however, some irony in this statement being prefaced by your opening remarks..

    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Or you guys could have not responded and given him the time of day plus display your kin business to the general public which we didnt need to know about.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Breeon View Post
    True. There is, however, some irony in this statement being prefaced by your opening remarks..
    1. Im not in their kin

    2. Since im not in the kin i was referring to this"Rare Breed is a social kin with a strict 'no drama' policy"

    3. a strict no drama policy which im my eyes mean no forum drama

    4. Hence the comment if you say nothing at all it pretty much means its goes away and is drama free


    The guy was wrong no if , ands or buts all i was doing was commenting on the policy


    Love me

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    1. Im not in their kin

    2. Since im not in the kin i was referring to this"Rare Breed is a social kin with a strict 'no drama' policy"

    3. a strict no drama policy which im my eyes mean no forum drama

    4. Hence the comment if you say nothing at all it pretty much means its goes away and is drama free


    The guy was wrong no if , ands or buts all i was doing was commenting on the policy


    Love me
    Hello LegendofAll,

    I do not think that the intent of anyone from Rare Breed that has responded was to create drama; nor do I think that they have. What they have done is defend their position from a person that decided to post on a Kin Recruitment page their "bad experience" with our kin. Since we are not moderators of this forum we cannot simply delete the post and move on. Nor should we leave it posted and not explain our position on the matter as it may affect a person's decision on whether or not to join Rare Breed.

    As you have stated, you too feel this person is in the wrong (as do we), and we wanted that clarified.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Officer - Rare Breed Kin)

  8. #33
    Sent an appliction form

  9. #34
    What the Liars refuse to admit themselves is this "sin" was sprung on the disgruntled one after the fact of the sale and they tried to make him grovel in contrition which any self respecting person would refuse to submit to. They've failed to tell the whole truth about this incident from the get go. A selfish weaselly hypocrite cravenly behind the back complained. And their socialist minded leadership didn't do the right thing in response. They are incompetent leaders in dealing with people, especially with a long proven generous kinmate who they stabbed at the behest of a craven back stabbing weasel. The disgruntled one bought the item fair and square as it was advertised for in the AH in an open sale that had no prior conditions imposed nor mentioned in the slightest. TELL THE WHOLE TRUTH GUYS!!! Folks should think twice in joining such a kin with their current leadership. I made a lot of friends there but the three involved are going to pay a price for the unfair way they handeled this. They besmirched their own kins name by how they acted!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    669
    Let it go already ... It has been nearly two months. I hope you have found a new kin where you are happy. Move on, we have.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Officer - Rare Breed Kin)

  11. #36
    LOL- It's the promulgators of incomplete BS and dissemblers pushing the kin party line of leaders who aren't letting it go for their own publicity purposes sheesh. Yeah so the leadership can continue to have minions who don't know the whole story spout the official party line so they don't have to personally keep dissembling and living with it in not telling the WHOLE story. That does get psychologically wearing for their own delusions of morality. This is spin, not facts of what actually happened in the right order. Folks have to ask themselves if they really want to be part of a kin where the leaders create ex-post facto moralites they spring on you AFTER you do something to placate a selfish newbie who complains. That kind of arbitrary leadership responding in knee-jerk fashion to the complaints of the moment to destroy dozens of friendships over a few pots of white paint is DESPICABLE. But your side will continue this hypocritically with 10x the amt. of posts because you are publicity posturing since most idiots think the side that posts the most must be right and who's right decided on majority of posts.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    103
    Can you list your characters names? I want to know who not to ever let in my kin...

  13. #38
    Couldn't say Debbie. It's been so long we forget.

    However we have enjoyed a surge of new friends lately in the kin and are having a complete blast. Carry on everyone.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    669
    Still going strong. If you are new to the server, or just searching for a home ...

    http://rarebreed.guildlaunch.com
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Officer - Rare Breed Kin)

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    109
    I find it interesting that everyone that has posted on this thread including Legendofall, find your behavior at best shady. If you were in a kin I was in, I would have booted ya. Just because it wasn't written down does not give you freedom to take advantage of your kinmates in such a way. Every damn person in this game knows the unwritten rule of not reselling stuff you bought from kin only sales. You can go on about "secret" rules and ownership all you want. You knew exactly what you were doing and that it was wrong. You got caught. Suck it up buttercup and move on.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220401000006b9e4/signature.png]Eari[/charsig]

  16. #41
    Good, but not quite as entertaining as Griefing's threads.
    I'd give it a B/B-. It got a bit dull around the middle.
    Bruce of All, Yet Nothing

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    669
    We have been asked by many where Rare Breed intends to go after the merges start. At this point we are undecided. Since Meneldor will be last to transfer, the landscape of the remaining 4 servers (Brandy is not open at this moment) will change as migrants find new homes.

    We have established contacts on the 4 servers and are popping in periodically to get a feel for the World Chat, AH economy, rough population sizes, PvP Action, and more.

    Over the coming weeks we will likely have it narrowed down to two servers.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Officer - Rare Breed Kin)

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload