We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Rare Breed - Kin

Rare Breed is a kin on the Meneldor server. We are led into battle by our leader, Maegilthalion, and seconded by Marswarlord. We are a family of all different types of gamers from all different walks of life. Some of us are casual gamers; others of us are hard-core gamers. We enjoy all aspects of LOTRO. We have people who craft, who only solo quest, people who love to raid.
    As one of the largest active kins on the server we have weekly scheduled runs, raids, and social events. Plus a creep tribe for those who like to PvMP. We stay pretty busy, and run lots of ad-hoc runs throughout the day, but we are most importantly a kin who likes to have fun.

We seek friendly and mature adult members to join us in our journey through the wonderful land of Middle Earth. If this kin is of interest to you, please visit our website or chat an officer in game.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

Last night (Friday) someone commented about how dead the game was because there was only 2 people from their kin online on a Friday night. I quickly opened the social panel to see how many were on for Rare Breed ... 26.

It is clear that some kins are shrinking, for various reasons, and as a result; others are growing. Rare Breed has been a very steady kin, remaining very active during the lulls of LOTRO.

If you find your kin is dwindling and you are looking for a new home, come check out Rare Breed.
    dadislotroguides.com

Don't do it

Rare Breed has leadership that tries to tell you after you buy kin AH items how you are allowed to benefit. You are persona non grata which you deceptively find out after the fact if you try to use what you buy in the best way the item can help you. They put control freak strings on you. I can't in good conscience reccommend them with their current leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by duttnutt View Post
    Rare Breed has leadership that tries to tell you after you buy kin AH items how you are allowed to benefit. You are persona non grata which you deceptively find out after the fact if you try to use what you buy in the best way the item can help you. They put control freak strings on you. I can't in good conscience reccommend them with their current leadership.

You bought items on the AH listed as Kinship Only for dirt cheap and then immediately re-posted the items on the AH at a tremendous profit. And you don't see anything wrong with that??? You are profiting off of someone's generosity ... give your head a shake.
    dadislotroguides.com

Yup and there's nothing wrong with it when there's no such prior conditions advertised

That's what would help me. I see nothing wrong with that since there were no such prior conditions put on such a sale; not a peep about that advertised. If someone wanted folks to follow what they feel their product should be used for, then they shouldn't be selling the articles in that way but use kin chat so folks know that's how someone wanted the articles used. Then I wouldn't have bought them as I resent folks telling me how to use things I OWN. I offered to give them back but someone wanted to debase me to show abased contrition and I refused to bow to their delusions of morality IMPOSED ***AFTER*** THE FACT and I felt were snuck on me from out of the blue. No, ***YOU*** GET A CLUE. I was always helpful in that kin and made a lot of friends I will not forget. The leadership doesn't know how to handle people, even long time friendly kinmates, and SHOULD IMMEDIATELY RESIGN!!! I have never put conditions on what I sold dirt cheap (including HD crafting recipes recently at a loss) in kin- what would help them is MY motto, not imposing usage restrictions with some private values I wish to impose. I certainly didn't monitor for hints on how the items were used; someone is a pretty sad case imo for spending their time doing that and weaseling at me behind the scenes; THAT is immoral. Whatever helps my kinnies is how I look at it. Profit is not evil inherently- it helps me get what I really want in the game right now, economically.

Poor strategy

Guess I should have been dishonest and denied I did that like the others who have done the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by duttnutt View Post
    That's what would help me. I see nothing wrong with that since there were no such prior conditions put on such a sale; not a peep about that advertised. If someone wanted folks to follow what they feel their product should be used for, then they shouldn't be selling the articles in that way but use kin chat so folks know that's how someone wanted the articles used. Then I wouldn't have bought them as I resent folks telling me how to use things I OWN. I offered to give them back but someone wanted to debase me to show abased contrition and I refused to bow to their delusions of morality IMPOSED ***AFTER*** THE FACT and I felt were snuck on me from out of the blue. No, ***YOU*** GET A CLUE. I was always helpful in that kin and made a lot of friends I will not forget. The leadership doesn't know how to handle people, even long time friendly kinmates, and SHOULD IMMEDIATELY RESIGN!!! I have never put conditions on what I sold dirt cheap (including HD crafting recipes recently at a loss) in kin- what would help them is MY motto, not imposing usage restrictions with some private values I wish to impose. I certainly didn't monitor for hints on how the items were used; someone is a pretty sad case imo for spending their time doing that and weaseling at me behind the scenes; THAT is immoral. Whatever helps my kinnies is how I look at it. Profit is not evil inherently- it helps me get what I really want in the game right now, economically.
    Not a Rare Breed member or associate, but wow. It should be totally obvious that things sold at a steep discount (usually the AH posting price) to kinfolk are not for resale, but are put on the AH for those who need them for personal use. I'd have thought it went without saying. Same as items posted in kinchat with "anyone need an XXX". No need to say it isn't intended for resale, it is just plain common sense that you aren't intending to hand out gold. Good for them for having standards...

Perhaps you should find a kin that shares your "values", if any exists? Or start a kin based on them?
    Last edited by DelgonTheWise; Feb 14 2014 at 08:09 AM. Reason: fixed typos/clarified