We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

champ aint that bad Yo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSznZuMq_pk

ok, so I'm a deadly storm champ but still :P

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSznZuMq_pk

ok, so I'm a deadly storm champ but still :P
    I don't think anyone doubts the Deadly Storm Champion's potential.

The Berserker is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Pan View Post
    The Berserker is the problem.
    And the Deadly Storm is the Solution!!!! :P

Nice one! But as peter_pan said, berserker is the problem and i don't quiet feel like a real champion without RS crits.

Still yellow is quiet fun at times

Quote Originally Posted by unip0pcorn View Post
    Nice one! But as peter_pan said, berserker is the problem and i don't quiet feel like a real champion without RS crits.

I'm all for red line gettin boosted and I agree that it's way stupid poor right now compared to other classes, but I really hope it's not just another remorseless spamfest. I'd like to see a reason to mix up the strikes when red line is improved.

Quote Originally Posted by unip0pcorn View Post

As Figgles said, I don't want Champs to be a one-trick pony. Remorseless spam is not fun nor challenging. We have many skills that could use some love for red, Ferocious, Brutal, an enhanced Swift Strike,(It is a strike skill!) and Feral Strikes. If I wanted to hit one skill to win I'd quite honestly just go play a BA, but even they throw in incentive to use other skills =p.
    Brandywhine / Vilya
    Fortiscor R10 / Slownkite R9
    Beastt R7 / Diggaa R12
    Warg Guide

For the gentleman who was wondering about trait setup, I have 2 separate ones.

The first is for wargs and reavers, it's quick to help kite, reduces mits, and deals a pretty good amount of damage. The second is for spiders and bas. It's an efficient build with a little more focus on debuffing, ranged damage, and breaking through b/p/e.

Battle reflexes helps with kiting and firing off skills appropriately and in somewhat quick succession, and the rest are spent on dps. I'm considering dropping the 5% mits from blue line and putting more in yellow to get full pips from battle frenzy and swift blade -> swift strike.

I go deeper into blue line for spiders and bas to debuff and get riposte which can't be b/p/e'd and procs a few times a fight. I have horn of champions and raging blades that are both good ranged damage, and extra points go into increasing crit chance.
    Last edited by mrfigglesworth; Jan 24 2014 at 01:44 AM.

I'll reserve judgment until all the promised changes are delivered to Champions and out Trait Trait given time to be adjusted and tweaked until its right.
    lvl 95 Champion / Rank 10 Arkenstone Server / Officer - Order of the Cresent Dragon / Kuznumshi lvl 95 Reaver / Rank 7 Arkenstone Server / Grunt of Tribe of Aracnophobia

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    For the gentleman who was wondering about trait setup, I have 2 separate ones.

The first is for wargs and reavers, it's quick to help kite, reduces mits, and deals a pretty good amount of damage. The second is for spiders and bas. It's an efficient build with a little more focus on debuffing, ranged damage, and breaking through b/p/e.

Battle reflexes helps with kiting and firing off skills appropriately and in somewhat quick succession, and the rest are spent on dps. I'm considering dropping the 5% mits from blue line and putting more in yellow to get full pips from battle frenzy and swift blade -> swift strike.

I go deeper into blue line for spiders and bas to debuff and get riposte which can't be b/p/e'd and procs a few times a fight. I have horn of champions and raging blades that are both good ranged damage, and extra points go into increasing crit chance.
    The 10 points in tac mit increase on your first build is a complete waste. You're better off putting them in anything else. I wouldn't spec that unless trying to access further down in that tree (obviously) like your second build.

Riposte is also on parry response only. Not very reliable against BAs (unless they melee attack you) and weavers in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by KillGore81 View Post
    The 10 points in tac mit increase on your first build is a complete waste. You're better off putting them in anything else. I wouldn't spec that unless trying to access further down in that tree (obviously) like your second build.

Riposte is also on parry response only. Not very reliable against BAs (unless they melee attack you) and weavers in particular.
    " I'm considering dropping the 5% mits from blue line and putting more in yellow to get full pips from battle frenzy and swift blade -> swift strike."

And

"I go deeper into blue line for spiders and bas to debuff and get riposte which can't be b/p/e'd and procs a few times a fight. I have horn of champions and raging blades that are both good ranged damage, and extra points go into increasing crit chance."

I already said what you posted and with respect to the riposte never happening, just watch my vid if u don't believe it procs. It does at least once during a fight vs spiders and bas and more often than not multiple times. Pretty handy when catch prey or MT is up and you don't have to use any pips nor any time spent on duration. It's just free dmg, and a very solid chunk when it crits.
    Last edited by mrfigglesworth; Jan 25 2014 at 08:56 AM.