We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

suggestion

Maranwethiel,
    Your spreadsheet is phenomenal. I do have one suggestion/request for a future update. Throughout the sheets, there are many section areas where the fill for the individual block does not change color (remains orange) when an X is placed instead of changing to a contrasting color. This makes it very difficult to quickly scan what items still need to be completed for one's various characters. It would be wonderful if the blocks would all change to a contrasting color upon placing an X.

Again, your sheet is wonderful and thank you for your time consuming work on your spreadsheet and sharing it with all of us.

Pokr

That is done on purpose, to distinguish the actual detail components from the actual deed. With the sheets in the minimized size you will not see these cells.

LotRO Character Log v1.4.3 is now available for all users.

Changes and additions are as follows:

• Added Black Book chapter 9 and 10 quests
    • Added reputation deeds for Vales of the Anduin
    • Added landscape deeds for Vales of the Anduin
    • Added deeds for Anvil of Winterstith raid
    • Event deeds have been returned to the file (does not include Hobnanigans nor Treasure Hunt)
    • Virtue Summary has been removed from the Summary sheet. All deeds now show their virtue XP values.

https://sites.google.com/view/wintersongofarda/home

Quote Originally Posted by Denebrian_Wintersong View Post
    LotRO Character Log v1.4.3 is now available for all users.

Changes and additions are as follows:

• Added Black Book chapter 9 and 10 quests
    • Added reputation deeds for Vales of the Anduin
    • Added landscape deeds for Vales of the Anduin
    • Added deeds for Anvil of Winterstith raid
    • Event deeds have been returned to the file (does not include Hobnanigans nor Treasure Hunt)
    • Virtue Summary has been removed from the Summary sheet. All deeds now show their virtue XP values.

https://sites.google.com/view/wintersongofarda/home

Re: Your question to the devs regarding old deeds now earning virtue points.

I don't believe any VXP was added to any existing deed as U24 went live. Do you have specifics of any deed where you have seen VXP added?
    Are you actually working backwards, using the ranks you had gotten as it went live to find out how much VXP went to generate these values. Then taking the number of original virtue deeds to arrive at this extra amount you can't account for?

Are you aware that previous deed completions garnered a boost in the transfer. The amount had diminishing returns the more complete your log ending up with true completionist at a disadvantage to deed slackers who had received a more optimum boost yet had many old deeds to finish off and complete more rank 60 virtues?

For myself I have two slackers who then finished off most of the old deeds and are at rank 31 and rank 43 of their last virtue. Whilst my true completionist has only 7 or 8 at rank 60, Wit at zero and the majority in the rank 54 to 58 range. Yet all have now completed just about the same number of virtue earning deeds.

I respect you wanting a dev response but as they have diligently not answers other thread concerning the virtue implementation I would expect your question to drop away without a BUMP.

Why bring that up here?

If you use this file, look at its history, its accurate, and all there. The 76,000 new vxp is mainly from Meta deeds in Eriador (56,000) and a few in Rhovanion (20,000). Where was it allocated to?

I haven't used it yet. As requested elsewhere not to post, I just wanted to confirm you were aware of the other inequalities with the transfer and wasn't deriving your figures based on just one character.

Anecdotally: In beta I had a prepped a character with a good number of deeds just near the completion stage. As I completed them I put all VXP into Wit but I did find that I earned more completions than I had calculated. I figured I just might not have been so thorough but it would explain extra VXP being added from these metas and I guess I understand your Devs question now: each tied to a specific virtue unseen by us or some other way (or lost). Your are drilling down a step or two more than me and a number of steps beyond other posters in that thread.

I think the implementation was flawed. They figured they'd be condemned if the most we got was mid 40s so bumped them and stuck it to the unrepresented new player.

[*]Event deeds have been returned to the file (does not include Hobnanigans nor Treasure Hunt)

Thank you! I never upgraded past 1.3.0 because you'd removed those Event deeds from 1.4.0
    Glad to see you brought them back. Now I can get up-to-date, and enter my data for all 60+ toons...

Is it possible to add maybe one or two more character slots to the sheets? I was going to stop at 10 toons per server, and then they released the Stout-Axe Dwarves. No biggie if that's not something you want to do, I can just make a SA Dwarf sheet to go with the other 7...

LotRO Character Log v.1.4.4 is now available for download.

• Added Stout-axe to race selection. Class selection will only list classes specific to this race.
    • Added deeds for Stout-axe race.
    • Added Book 11-14 and Epilogue. This concludes this story.
    • Added deeds for Mordor Beseiged and Imlad Morgul factions.
    • Added landscape deeds for Mordor Beseiged and Imlad Morgul.
    • Added deeds for the instances of Imlad Morgul.

The file will be found here - https://sites.google.com/view/wintersongofarda/home

Some sad news:

This will be the last installment of this file as I am leaving the game for various reasons. I have enjoyed working on this file for the past 6 years and sharing it with others who enjoy exploring the deepest mechanics of the games we play. I hope it remains to be a valuable resource for the LotRO community going forward and help new players coming into the game. May your paths be green and golden and full of adventure. Thank you to all the users that have used this file. Thank you to Standing Stones for creating Tolkien's world for us to enjoy.

Thanks for all the great work over the years!

Would it be possible to get one last post with the spreadsheet unlocked, or maybe just the password, so that we could self-maintain going forward if we so desire?
    Y gwir yn erbyn y byd

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulSong View Post
    Thanks for all the great work over the years!

Would it be possible to get one last post with the spreadsheet unlocked, or maybe just the password, so that we could self-maintain going forward if we so desire?
    Agreed that it would be nice to have that. Might have to brush up on my VBA skills ...
    Aldowine (Captain), Aldosi (Guardian), Aldoik (Champion), Aldocome (Burglar), Aldobeorn (Bear), Aldomur (RK) - Arkenstone
    Kin Leader, Athelas & Tonic - https://www.athelasandtonic.com/

I too would like an unlocked version of the spreadsheet - we all know there is going to be much more content being released in future and I for one would like to be able to keep up. I might even figure out how to implement an 11 or 12 character sheet (yeah, bought Stout Axe and another character slot on sale this week...).

Thanks again for this work, and for this latest update. I know I'd never be able to keep track of all the alts I have without it.

So, I started the grueling process of updating my info from v 1.3.0. Everything went fine up to transferring from 1.3.0 to 1.4.0 to 1.4.1. But trying to go from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 I get this error dialog telling me the Basic script vnd.sun.star.scripteedLib.Module.Copy_Data?langua ge=Basic&location=document can't be found.

Have tried everything I can think of but nothing works.
    Last edited by Ruisert; May 05 2020 at 08:29 PM.

LotRO Character Log has been updated to version 1.4.5
    • Both xlsm and ods version are available

Update notes:
    • Epic - Added deed and quests for Vol V Book 1
    • Black Book of Mordor - Renamed sheet tab to Black Book | Dwarf Trials, added deed and quests for books 1-4 for The Legacy of Durin and the Trials of the Dwarves.
    • Reputation - Added deeds for Langflood reputation to Rhovanion section.
    • Langflood - Added deeds for Wells of Langflood landscape region.

You can download the updated file HERE.

Deeds for War of the Three Peaks will be added soon after it arrives to the LP store.

If your version is less than 1.4.2 you will need to manually copy and paste your deed info. Apologies for the inconvenience, but my cloud storage is running low.
    Last edited by Denebrian_Wintersong; Nov 14 2020 at 01:01 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7