We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Denebrian_Wintersong View Post
    LotRO Character Log v1.2.4 is now available for users of Microsoft Office Excel
    First, thank you for the amazing amount of work you've put into this spreadsheet. I have downloaded the Excel V1.2.4 and extracted it, enabled macros, and got the setup working fine. Macros appear to be updating totals properly.

A couple of typos still: The Class page has "Ratio" misspelled throughout. Setup page has "abbreviated" misspelled.

Slightly more puzzling from my PoV are some cells which appear to be arbitrarily protected. For example on Shire deed page, lines 3-5 and 8-10 protected across the column span. I understand that 3-5 will total themselves, but how can I tell the spreadsheet that I have done the redoubtable post, pie and brewmaster deeds?

Similarly, all the Roving Threat lines are protected,and odd lines in Misty, Evendim, Angmar, Forochel and Dunland pages.
    Shadows of Angmar Instances are almost all protected.

I don't think I've done anything wrong, but would appreciate any suggestions.
    Last edited by Asfodel; Aug 20 2016 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asfodel View Post
    Slightly more puzzling from my PoV are some cells which appear to be arbitrarily protected. For example on Shire deed page, lines 3-5 and 8-10 protected across the column span. I understand that 3-5 will total themselves, but how can I tell the spreadsheet that I have done the redoubtable post, pie and brewmaster deeds?
    For these and similar deeds, you need to indicate that you've completed the relevant quests. Open up the Shire quests section just below the Shire deed stats, and you'll see the pie quests in rows 32-43, the post quests in rows 44-56, etc.
    Last edited by jbusnengo; Aug 20 2016 at 08:34 AM.
    Landroval: Mecelaf (Man Champion) • Malnaith (Elf Hunter) • Thalabor (Man Captain) • Thrifur (Dwarf Guardian) • Thaemac (Hobbit Minstrel) • Lythmund (Beorning) • Thrarvi (Dwarf Rune-Keeper) • Tharm (Man Guardian)

Quote Originally Posted by jbusnengo View Post
    For these and similar deeds, you need to indicate that you've completed the relevant quests. Open up the Shire quests section just below the deed stats, and you'll see the pie quests in rows 32-43, the post quests in rows 44-56, etc.
    Thank you! I'd missed the liitle expansion marker - makes sense now!

There is also a guide to the use of the file located here.

It's a little outdated since the file has changed in appearance since it was made, but still should guide newer users through it.

Thank you for using and enjoying the file.

LotRO Character Log v1.2.5 is now available for download for Microsoft Office Excel and Open or Libre Office.

Changes and additions are as follows:
    1. Added epic quests for Vol IV Book 7.
    2. Added subfactions for Dol Amroth*.
    3. Added reputation tiers for Host of the West
    4. Added quests for subfactions of Dol Amroth*.
    5. Reordered deeds for West Gondor to match deed log more closely.
    6. Added deeds for North Ithilien.
    7. Added deeds for Throne of the Dread Terror.

*with these changes the new subfaction reputation deeds and the subfaction quests will need to be marked as completed for the subfaction deeds to show as completed for Dol Amroth.

I just wanted to post a message expressing my colossal gratitude for all of the work that went/goes into creating and updating this tracking spreadsheet. Lotro is a completionist's dream ... or perhaps nightmare! It's a bit overwhelming to populate the document with 8+ years of Lotro activity, but strangely satisfying as well. I wish Turbine made it easier to export information or had its own official tracking app/website, but since it does not .. you are my hero!
    Last edited by Cindar; Nov 28 2016 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindar View Post
    I just wanted to post a message expressing my colossal gratitude for all of the work that went/goes into creating and updating this tracking spreadsheet. Lotro is a completionist's dream ... or perhaps nightmare! It's a bit overwhelming to populate the document with 8+ years of Lotro activity, but strangely satisfying as well. I wish Turbine made it easier to export information or had its own official tracking app/website, but since it does not .. you are my hero!
    I couldn't agree more. Thanks for all your hard work.

LotRO Character Log v.1.2.6 is now available for download!

HERE for Microsoft Office Excel

HERE for Open / Libre Office Calc

HERE for General User Guide - if you have never used the file, this should help you.

Changes made in this update:
    - Fixed some alignment issues with text and cell borders (Excel)
    - Made the Copy Data button larger (Excel)
    - Corrected titles for kindred tier for Central Gondor factions
    - Central Gondor: Added 4 trait point quests, added the quests for Vanguard of Central Gondor deed and automated deed based on quest completion, also noted requirements to access the Roving Threats quests of each Central Gondor region.
    - Eastern Gondor: Completed reorder of deeds for this region, they should now better match the game deed log (exception to meta deeds), added Ashes and Stars quest chain which will denote a class trait point and a player title.
    - North Ithilien: Added deeds for Herbalism
    - Instances (most all): refined deed order and types and added more details into some of the tier 2 challenges.

Wynniekins is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    Flurgaburburhobbit
    Thank you for all the work you're putting into this - it truly is greatly appreciated
    Landroval
    Isquariel ~ lvl 105 Rune-keeper / Ithilielle ~ lvl 105 Minstrel

is there anywhere to get past versions of this? The most recent I had was 1.2.3 and would much prefer to use the Copy Data function than to retype everything in, even if I have to do it for multiple versions of the file to get everything copied to the most recent version

It looks like you can get old versions here: https://sites.google.com/site/winter.../file-versions
    Landroval: Mecelaf (Man Champion) • Malnaith (Elf Hunter) • Thalabor (Man Captain) • Thrifur (Dwarf Guardian) • Thaemac (Hobbit Minstrel) • Lythmund (Beorning) • Thrarvi (Dwarf Rune-Keeper) • Tharm (Man Guardian)

LotRO Character Log v.1.2.7 is now available for download!

HERE for General User Guide - if you have never used the file, this should help you.

- Added Vol IV Book 8 Epic quests.
    - Made additions and corrections to Old Anorien and Far Anorien reputation factions
    - Added new Host of the West faction tiers and new crafting factions.
    - Reordered deeds of Old Anorien and added a few quests.
    - Reordered deeds of Far Anorien and added a few quests.
    - Reordered deeds of North Ithilien and added a few quests.
    - Added deeds and associated quests for The Wastes.

LotRO Character Log v.1.2.8 is now available for download!

- added LotRO Point values for Host of the West crafting factions.
    - Fixed incorrect deed info for some deeds in the Wastes, added missing deeds.
    - Added quests for Beneath the Hills deed.
    - Added Class Trait Point Summary. Some of this feature requires manual input.

Amazing work. Thank you very much.
    Thorgull lvl 105 Champion - Malendar lvl 105 Warden - Estelldion lvl 101 LoreMaster - Ballduin lvl 36 Runekeeper - Nharduil lvl 17 Minstrel All on Evernight

Malenborn - Warden & Athanandor - Hunter on Crickhollow (Casual Wanderers)

A fafillion kudos to you for creating this log! It looks like a ton of work, and it also looks incredibly useful.

I've just downloaded it into Google Docs and started entering my characters, but it seems maybe the xlsm file doesn't work 100% in their version of Excel? The dropdown menus don't bring up any choices. It didn't matter for Race, I just typed in each character's race. Doing the same with the Class doesn't change the little icon, though--does that matter? Or will the rest of the spreadsheets still work from the typed-in Class?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The spreadsheet functionality provided by Google is not a "version of Excel." It's an independent spreadsheet app that can import most Excel spreadsheets but does not support Excel macros. The Excel version of this spreadsheet is not compatible with Google Docs, and I suspect that the Open Office version is not either. I haven't played with it, but you may want to try the online version of Excel that Microsoft offers.

Quote Originally Posted by pippinmctaggart View Post
    A fafillion kudos to you for creating this log! It looks like a ton of work, and it also looks incredibly useful.

I've just downloaded it into Google Docs and started entering my characters, but it seems maybe the xlsm file doesn't work 100% in their version of Excel? The dropdown menus don't bring up any choices. It didn't matter for Race, I just typed in each character's race. Doing the same with the Class doesn't change the little icon, though--does that matter? Or will the rest of the spreadsheets still work from the typed-in Class?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

^ True. This file is not compatible with Google Docs. Suggest either purchasing MS Office or downloading (free) either Open Office or Libre Office. Both versions use macros.

On another note:

Now in beta testing - if any wish to play with it - LotRO Essence Calculator.

This file is tiny and contains 0 macros, so should work in both MS Office and Open Office.

It is setup to all t8 and Ithilien essences and the Incoming Healing Essence from t7. Please post suggestions and feedback on the Facebook page linked at the download page here; https://sites.google.com/site/winter...nce-calculator

^ True. This file is not compatible with Google Docs. Suggest either purchasing MS Office or downloading (free) either Open Office or Libre Office. Both versions use macros.
    Okay, I dl'd Libre Office, following your guide on how to do everything, and spent several happy hours last night entering everything for two of my characters. Macros were enabled, and everything worked perfectly. When I went to save it, I got the following message: This document may contain formatting or content that cannot be saved in the currently selected file format “Microsoft Excel 2007-2016 XML (macro enabled)”. My only other option was to save it in ODF format, and since I don't even know what that is, I went ahead and saved it in the XML macro enabled format. Today, upon opening the file again, all the drop down menus on the setup page still work fine, but the buttons for the different sheet categories have disappeared, so I can't access most of the spreadsheets. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I have no idea what to do.

Thanks for all your help, and for your amazing log--I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by pippinmctaggart View Post
    I got the following message: This document may contain formatting or content that cannot be saved in the currently selected file format “Microsoft Excel 2007-2016 XML (macro enabled)”.
    This is a result of using the excel version (.xlsm) of the file in an (.odf) envrionment which Open and Libre Office are. I do have a version for use exclusive to both programs formats. LotRO Character Log xl for MS Excel and LotRO Character Log ods for Open/Libre Office. Hope this helps

This is a result of using the excel version (.xlsm) of the file in an (.odf) envrionment which Open and Libre Office are. I do have a version for use exclusive to both programs formats. LotRO Character Log xl for MS Excel and LotRO Character Log ods for Open/Libre Office. Hope this helps
    After a whole bunch of reading & googling I figured out what I did wrong and was coming here to delete my question. You're too fast for me!

Thanks again for all your help, I truly appreciate it.

Uploaded a version of LotRO Essence Calculator for Open/Libre Office users. Now each program has it.

Download is HERE for both.

How you use:
    • Get your character logged in.
    • In the class dropdown, pick your class.
    • Remove all items from your character that are listed in Column I in the file.
    • In the Base column enter your stats, this will be your base stats.
    • Add up all stats on the armor, jewelry, pocket item, and cloak you will be using. DO NOT count the stats of the essences if you have already added them. Enter this information in the Gear column.
    • In the Essence section go through each item and select the Essence you wish to add to each item, and in the slot(s) you will use for it. Leave unused slots on the default -Choose- Option.
    • The rest is automatic.

Now that the Essence Calculator is done with its initial beta test, I made some improvements to the file:

• All Armour for level 105 is now included in the file.
    • All Jewelry for level 105 is now included in the file.
    • Key stats will note that you have reached their cap.

Questions:
    Why are no level 100 items included in the file?
    1) The time from 100 to 105 is short, crafting essence at this tier is a waste of time and resources.
    2) Took me long enough to enter all the 105 gear.
    How do I get my base stats?
    Remove only the items you are replacing with essence gear, or upgrading. Record the stats you see before equipping the new gear. This is your base.
    Will this be updated in the future?
    Only if there are gear changes.

You can find the LotRO Essence Calculator HERE, for both MS Excel and Open/Libre Office Calc.

As always, ENJOY!

LotRO Character Log v.1.2.9 is now available for download!

- added deeds for Anniversary Scavenger Hunt 2017.
    - added titles for Host of the West crafting.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5