We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Excel spreadsheet protected

I really like this tool, but I'm having one problem with it. After editing the spreadsheet and saving it, the spreadsheet comes up marked as protected when I re-open it, even though I have not explicitly done this. I have no idea what the password might be, so it's impossible for me to unprotect it. This makes it impossible to further edit the spreadsheet. Any ideas what this might be happening?

The spreadsheet is protected under a password. Only cells shaded pale blue (white for OO version) can be edited. The remainder of the cells are locked, as they contain the formulas that calculate your input, and you should not be able to change them.

If cell is shaded pale blue (white for OO version) and you cant edit it, give me the following information;

Which version of the file you are using and program using it on? Excel .xls (97/2003) or .xlsm (2007 and up) or .ods (Open Office/Libre)

What sheet is the condition on?

What cell reference and if its a single cell or group of cells?

File version 1.0.5 of LotRO Character Log is now available

Fixes, changes, and additions are as follows:
    About sheet: changed font color of linked text to white.
    About sheet: changed Facebook link to LotRO Character Log page.
    Setup sheet: changed minimum file version requirement to v1.0.4
    C|R|E sheet: fixed a bug with race specific epic quests in Vol 3 Book 4, was not calculating correctly.
    S|E|R sheet: fixed a bug with Full of Farmer's Faire deed, was not calculating correctly.
    Instance sheet: fixed a bug with Saviour of Moria meta deed, was not calculating for columns D-L.
    Instance sheet: fixed a bug with Completed Quests in Meta deed section of Rise of Isengard, was not calculating correctly.
    Mounts sheet: added 2 mounts to Event mounts section.

You can get more info about and download LotRO Character Log at link

This for the .xls and .xlsm versions of the file, only.
    Update to .ods version will come later this week or early next week.

File version 1.0.5 of LotRO Character Log is now available for .ods users (Open Office / Libre Office)

Setup Sheet: Coded “Copy Data” button.
    Rhovanion Sheet: Fixed a calculation bug in the Lothlorien meta deed.
    Instance Sheet: Fixed a calculation bug with the deeds for Great Barrow.
    Mounts Sheet: Added 2 mounts to Events section.

The Copy Data button functions in the ods format the same as it does in the xls/m format. It is a macro built into the spreadsheet itself. It requires no external program to open your older version of the file and copy / paste information from. When you open the file you should get a notice that it contains macros. You will need to allow the macro to run in order for the copy / paste procedure to work.

Now that this macro is coded and verified as working correctly, future updates can arrive on the same day as updates for the Microsoft Office version.

Enjoy.

Thanks for this, it looks really good. Looking forward to trying it out

Edit: Oh well: First problem: I can't seem to mark the "show quests" fields in the Epic Quest segment. Is this an known issue? I'm using Excel for Mac 2011, v 14.4.3 - macros enabled, read-only.
    Last edited by Clabauterman; Sep 16 2014 at 07:52 PM.
    "The turtle is my trinket". Founder of Club Slowtro.
    Tolkien fan and LOTRO completionist, taking my time to see all the places. Clabauterman on Steam.

Unzip the folder first, then open the file in the unzipped folder. Opening a file in a zipped folder always = read only.

Ah, thanks! I'll try that - dang, I thought opening the folder meant automatic unzipping #tooeasy
    "The turtle is my trinket". Founder of Club Slowtro.
    Tolkien fan and LOTRO completionist, taking my time to see all the places. Clabauterman on Steam.

Have been working steadily on some more improvements to LotRO CL and am very proud with myself. I have reworked most of the formulas within the sheets and removed un-needed controls from the sheets in order to trim the files size down a lot; in both the excel and open office versions.

The excel version is complete as of now (other than waiting on Harvestmath to update mounts). The file size of 1.0.6 is 1.43mb compared to the 2.15mb that was in 1.0.5 and runs much smoother than before.

The open office version I am still working on. When I originally created it I just copied sheets from the excel file to build it. This added a lot of microsoft overhead into the file; making it slower than normal to open. I am remaking the file for 1.0.6 exclusively in open office and should have it completed before Harvestmath to wait on the same thing the excel version is waiting on. So far its file size is also way down and it opens much faster than before.

Both versions should arrive for download before the end of this month. Update notes will be provided, detailing all the changes.

File version 1.0.6 of LotRO Character Log is now available

-Full File: Changed sheet attributes to allow clicking of all cells. This should enable "Find" function to work properly
    -Full File: Adjusted many of the formulas throughout the file to shorter, more efficient formulas.
    -Full File: Removed command buttons used to show / hide columns*
    -Full File: Corrected various typos and other minor text errors.
    -Setup Sheet: added Server drop-down list. (optional: for users with 10 or less characters across multiple servers)
    -Setup Sheet: added data validation to character name (limit 5 letters in name), and fishing (maximum 200).
    -Setup Sheet: changed minimum file version requirement to v1.0.5
    -Summary Sheet: Added conditional formatting to virtue ranks. Red - <19, Green - >19, Black - 0 or 19
    -C|R|E Sheet: Changed Classes, Races, and Show Epic quests to open with data grouping instead of check boxes (removed).*
    -C|R|E Sheet: Added data validation to quests locked to specific races or based on a choice to be made in Vol 2 and Vol 3 epics.*
    -S|E|R Sheet: Removed Harvestmath deed from Harvest festival. (no longer available)
    -Rhovanion Sheet: Added data validation to Lothlorien "Poacher"/"Protector" quests.*
    -Gondor sheet: Added deed Vanguard of Western Gondor and quest First of the Heirs.
    -Instance Sheet: Changed instance clusters to open with data grouping instead of check boxes (removed).*
    -Instance Sheet: Changed location of Mysterious Relic located in North Downs.
    -Mounts Sheet: removed 1 mount from Events section.
    -Titles Sheet: Removed title Foilage Watcher from Social and Events section. Added title Enemy of the Heirs to Gondor section.

Items marked with * are Excel version only.

Special Note: If you get an error during updating, check to make sure your v1.0.5 does not violate the validation rules created in v1.0.6 (see update notes)

In addition to these changes the Open/Libre Office version was completely redone to remove the MSOffice overhead created when the file was first made (from pasting sheets directly from the Excel version). This version will now perform faster than it did in v1.0.4 and v1.0.5. Both versions are about 30% smaller in total size due to changes in the way items are being calculated.

And for a final note....
    Happy Birthday to this file. It has been 1 year now since I first began this project. Let's see if makes it to 2 years.

You can get more info about and download LotRO Character Log at link

Comments and suggestions are always welcomed.

Where I stand on version 1.0.7:

1. Getting last bit of deed/quest info completed for Beorning, then can code copy/paste array to complete C|R|E sheet.
    2. Need the deed info for the factions of Central Gondor (holding up S|E|R sheet) <still>
    3. Eriador sheet is ready to go (moved some items around and coded array already)
    4. Rhovanion ~ Instances sheets will have some deeds reordered (aiming for closer match to game deed log), also will be getting quests more in-shape.
    5. Hobby sheet....never changes
    6. Mounts sheet is getting put in more of a match of the game mounts listing.
    7. Titles sheet just minor clean-up left to do.

One day the file will be absolutely perfect. I hope

Not sure when the file will be ready, so many little things still to do, but it will be coming.

File version 1.0.7 of LotRO Character Log is now available

• About sheet: Added How to Use section for sheets that use similar functions. Removed usage notes from C|R|E to Mounts sheets.
    • Setup sheet: Changed minimum file version requirement to v1.0.6
    • Setup sheet: Added Beorning to drop-down list for Race; moved Beorning from Man Class list to Beorning Class list.
    • C|R|E sheet: Fixed a bug with TP Earned calculation for all classes in Class Section.
    • C|R|E sheet: Added class deeds and class quests for Beorning, removed quests common to all classes.
    • C|R|E sheet: Added race deeds for Beorning.
    • C|R|E sheet: Added quests for Vol 4 - Book 2 Epic.
    • S|E|R sheet: Separated social deeds into consumable, emote, and miscellaneous deeds.
    • S|E|R sheet: Added additional data grouping layer to hide Event details.
    • S|E|R sheet: Added 4 new reputation factions deeds to Reputation Gondor section.
    • Eriador sheet: Reordered regions to match game deed log.
    • Eriador sheet: Reordered deeds per region to match game deed log listings. Meta deeds were not moved. (Enedwaith and Dunland will be reordered in a future update)
    • Rhovanion sheet: Reordered regions to match game deed log.
    • Rhovanion sheet: Reordered deeds per region to match game deed log listings. Meta deeds were not moved. (Great River - West Rohan will be reordered in a future update)
    • Gondor sheet: added deeds for Central Gondor and warband quests for Central Gondor.
    • Instance sheet: Reordered deeds for SoA, Moria, and Lothlorien clusters, corrected errors in TP rewards, titles, and details, added some quests and removed some quests.
    • Hobby sheet: Removed quest section.
    • Mounts sheet: Added 4 promotional mounts and arranged mounts in order to match game mount list.
    • Titles Sheet: Added titles for Central Gondor (removed this sheet in the Open Office version for technical issues).

With this version I am working on getting the file more in line with what you see in-game.

Regions will be placed in the exact order of the in-game versions deed log. For regional deeds, all will be in the exact order as they are noted in the in-game deed log, with the exception of "Meta" deeds. Instances deeds will remain separated as before into their respective clusters and individual instances (do not like the unorganized in-game version of these deeds). Instance quests have been cleaned up a lot. I removed the daily quests from Moria (ones from stable in 21st), and added the full "normal" quest chains for each instance. For Helegrod, I added the entire quest-line; both the prerequisite quests, and all the title associated quests. Look them all over. NOTE: Not all deeds have been reordered yet, but will be eventually.

I may host a voice conference (if users are interested) to explain how this file works, how to get the most from it, and general deeding tips, etc. It will be hosted on my kin's raidcall server. If there is interest in doing this I will schedule a time, 2 if needed to accommodate both European and North American users.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all

A Special Note

If upon opening the file in Excel, you notice the "Copy Data" button is not working, you will need to look at the following:

If you are using Office 1997, 2003, 2007, 2010, or 2013, there was an update issued by Microsoft that disabled both active x controls and macro coding. Refer to this article: http://blogs.office.com/2014/12/09/n...werpoint-word/
    To be able to use the file in these versions you will need to do a system restore back to the point before this update was issued. You will also need to disable updates to Microsoft Office.

For users of Office 365 there is no workaround as Office 365 pulls updates directly from The Cloud service and it cannot be disabled.
    Last edited by Denebrian_Wintersong; Dec 25 2014 at 06:19 PM.

This is a preview of the new Setup sheet that will be a part of LotRO Character Log v1.1.1. These changes have only been made in the Excel version of the file thus far. I will need to see if Open Office can handle doing the same changes.

Changes made are as follows:
    • Some items were moved around
    • Drop-down list now have usage tips
    • As character slots are used the highlight color of the cell will change.
    • When a class or vocation is selected an image icon will change to suit the selection.
    • The "Copy Data" should now better explain its requirements.

Hope these changes make it easier to note where certain characters are noted in the file.

Microsoft has issued a fix for the ActiveX/macro issue

Quote Originally Posted by Denebrian_Wintersong View Post

If upon opening the file in Excel, you notice the "Copy Data" button is not working, you will need to look at the following:

If you are using Office 1997, 2003, 2007, 2010, or 2013, there was an update issued by Microsoft that disabled both active x controls and macro coding. Refer to this article: http://blogs.office.com/2014/12/09/n...werpoint-word/
    To be able to use the file in these versions you will need to do a system restore back to the point before this update was issued. You will also need to disable updates to Microsoft Office.

For users of Office 365 there is no workaround as Office 365 pulls updates directly from The Cloud service and it cannot be disabled.
    Microsoft has recently issued a solution to the problem here as Fix it 51029: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3025036
    Y gwir yn erbyn y byd

Firstly thank you so much in what is so clearly an epic undertaking. I'm completely awestruck by what you have achieved here - salute

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but when I captured kin rep with Thorin's hall on the S|E|R tab, I went to capture the thorin's prized mount on the mounts tab and I get an error that the cell is protected? In fact every mount cell on the sheet seems to be protected?

This is with the .ods CL 1.0.7 version

Also the skipped quest usage of '-' is a little bit annoying for me as it's forever trying to start to capture a formula when I fat finger it (which is often for someone clumsy like me ) - may I suggest that using v - voided or s - skipped or something similar might be better?

Thanks again so much
    Tol

As far as what you use to note skipped or unused quests/deeds its completely up to you. The sum formulas will only add instances of X or x. The mounts sheets of the ods file I am unsure how protection got snapped to every cell. It may have happened when I reordered the cells. It will be fixed for the next update (which I am currently building). It may be Feb or Mar before I release it, depending on updates from Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Denebrian_Wintersong View Post
    As far as what you use to note skipped or unused quests/deeds its completely up to you. The sum formulas will only add instances of X or x. The mounts sheets of the ods file I am unsure how protection got snapped to every cell. It may have happened when I reordered the cells. It will be fixed for the next update (which I am currently building). It may be Feb or Mar before I release it, depending on updates from Turbine.
    Thank you again and the new update looks fantastic

As I was working on the next file update I noticed a big mistake I made with the .ods version of the file. On the C|R|E sheet I forgot to remove the "All Class Quest" section. The array is set to paste data with this section not present, and may cause issues when updating to the next version of the file. I have corrected the v1.0.7 version and already uploaded it to the site. This error is only present in the Open/Libre Office (.ods) version of the file and does affect the Microsoft Office (.xls/.xlsm) versions. I apologize if this causes any inconvenience.

For Microsoft users. I hope that you were able to follow the steps Microsoft issued to resolve the problem their last Office update caused.

The next update is coming along very slowly. I have only completed building the Setup, C|R|E, and S|E|R sheets thus far in both software versions.
    Some changes of note:
    Setup sheet: New look (see post earlier in thread), the ods version will be unable to get the icons, but it too now has some conditional drop-down list. For example, you cannot choose a class until you choose the race, since the list is based on the result of the race selected.
    C|R|E class: Added class icons for visual reference, skill usage meta deed names are now highlighted, working on adding missing level requirement and daily usage caps to all skill related deeds (may not finish all for this next update).
    C|R|E epic vol 3: Highlighted deeds specific to owners of Riders of Rohan Legendary edition.
    Title sheet: being completely overhauled with an easier lookup function (formula). I removed this sheet in v1.07 of the ods version for numerous errors, it will return in the next version, improved.

The other sheets in the file will get no "too" major changes. Will only continue improving on the deed details in them and the color scheme only getting a minor change. My goal for the file is that one day it will be 100% verified and accurate in every detail, and that it remains user friendly and a helpful guide for players of LotRO.

Preview 2 of LotRO Character Log v1.1.1:

This will be the default "Home" worksheet for the file. The file will open with this worksheet displayed, even if you save the file from another worksheet in the file.

Version 1.1.1 of LotRO Character Log will be arriving soon (within a week or 2). I am also making some changes to my site to make it easier to find the correct file type to match your office software. I have already added the new pages for the file extensions, which include screenshots of both versions. I will make changes to the Deeds page once I release v1.1.1 as well.

See everyone on release day.

Just found yours

I just found yours today and I'm happy someone is still interested in a completest tracker sheet since Berry's has not been updated.

I did find however that I am a Trinker and my guild in cook but that is not an option on your drop down list.

I do like that fact that you have an excel version and keep up the good work.

File version 1.1.1 of LotRO Character Log is now available

v1.1.1 Patch Notes:
    Sheet Type Details
    Home New Sheet This sheet will function as the start page for the file, even if the file is saved on another worksheet.
    About Edit Formatting and layout changes.
    Setup Change Moved "Copy Data" button to top of sheet; added more details on its usage.
    Changed drop-down list order; added usage tips within the drop-down lists.
    Added image icons for class and professions. These will change automatically based on drop-down selection.
    C|R|E Edit Class deeds - added class icons; tier deeds are highlighted by red text; adding daily skill usage (only partially complete)
    Class quests - adding quest giver for each quest (only partially complete)
    Vol 3 Epic deeds - Deeds that require Riders of Rohan Legendary Edition are highlighted in white text.
    S|E|R Edit Added partial deed names for each reputation tier; corrected some of the reputation titles.
    Eriador Change

Edit

New
    Moved deed type to column A; highlighted deeds not associated with the regional meta deeds by red text.
    Rearranged deeds for Enedwaith and Dunland to match game deed log, meta deeds were not moved.
    Added quests and deeds for Roving Threats and Treasure Cache of Eriador.
    Rhovanion Change

Edit
    Moved deed type to column A; highlighted deeds not associated with the regional meta deeds by red text.
    Rearranged deeds for Great River to match game deed log, meta deeds and instance deeds were not moved.
    Gondor -
    Hobby
    Edit Moved deed type to column A.
    Mounts Edit
    New
    Reordered all mounts to alphabetic listing.
    Added 2 new reputation mounts. Added missing festival mounts.
    Titles Edit Simplified lookup formulas to make sheet faster.

Special Notes for users that are updating (new users can ignore these notes):
    1. Both files had minor color pallete changes.
    2. Setup sheet notes
    • The image icons are only found in the Microsoft Office version of the file as Open Office does not support image swapping in the same way. These areas of the sheet will be empty space.
    • If you have a Rune-keeper or Lore-master character you will need to change their drop-down selection to Runekeeper or Loremaster.
    • Any unused drop-down list will need to be returned to its new version state after the file has been updated. For example if slot 10 is not being used you will need to set all drop downs in slot 10 to what they were when you first opened v1.1.1.
    • Open Office and Libre Office users will need to re-enter their data on the Setup sheet in addition to resetting unused drop downs. (could not be helped, sorry)
    • Open Office now has conditional drop-down lists to match its Excel counterpart. What this means is you will only see, for example, Beorning class listed for characters with a Beorning race.

3. Corrected minor bugs that were posted on the Facebook page.

Other notes:

• The website address remains the same as before https://sites.google.com/site/wintersongofarda/deeds, from there you will be directed to the page to support your office software.
    • I will no longer be posting an exclusive xls version. Users of Microsoft Office 2003 or older, you can download the 2007 compatibility pack to use the xlsm version from Microsoft Office's website. The copy/paste function should still work to transfer from .xls to .xlsm.
    • And lastly please read this, since some have forgotten or either don't bother to read the About sheet in the file. *NOTE* All files downloaded from this site are in zipped format. You will need to unzip the folder and open the file from the unzipped folder. Opening the file from the zipped folder will be READ ONLY. Also, for both file extension types, you will need to enable the macros to run for the file to function as intended.

Thumbs up

Thank you Wintersong
    Kibilturg; Watchers of Elendil (Landroval) & Tarciryan Knights (Crickhollow)
    RIP Imladris

Thanks for the latest update.

Thank you

Small issue - On the .ods version the Burg class skills tiers dont check when the sub deeds are completed - i've not checked the other classes yet
    Last edited by Talorthor; Mar 21 2015 at 10:51 AM.

Checked the other classes in ods. it seems to be in most all of them. Formula must of got up and walked away somehow.

Adding to "do" list for 1.1.2. Thanks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast