We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    The quest section looks good, I like it. One additional column that would be useful is a location next to the name of the quest giver. Suggestion would be nearest stable, general area, zone name.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000010e037/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I want to keep the time it takes to build these sheets simple and short. If I add every single detail to deeds or quests it would take a ton of time to do, esp. when I get to adding the 1000s of quests for the area maps. I am currently looking at the possibility of retooling the sheets in the file to integrate the quests and deeds into one. This would put all the info pertaining to each item together and would make automating all deeds that are a quest driven a lot easier to code.

The first retool I am looking at is the C|R|E sheet of the file. What I would like to do is make this sheet for deeds/quests for Class/Race/Epic, while putting the Social, Events, and Reputation on a separate sheet, naming it S|R. Of course I would have to be as careful as possible to make sure that the copy/paste still functions correctly. This alone will take some time, considering the amount of quests in the 3 current epic volumes.

My biggest issue (not really as issue), is will these items be used or how would users like to use them. Do users want to check off every single quest they have completed or just want them there as a guide? Of course quests that will result in gaining a title would need to be checked off in order to make a full list of earned titles. Quest chains will need to be looked at closely to assure they are placed in the right order in the file, etc. A lot will go into the scope of this by the time it is done.

Personally I do all the quests anyway, so a listing of quests serves no real purpose for me. I need details though on what users want. I can see adding the Class, Epic, Event quests for sure, maybe even the instance quest that push deeds, but for local maps I think at most only add the quests(chains) that result in titles to the character. I leave it to the users, but please bear in mind I need to play too.

Recently stumbled across your spreadsheet and its very helpful, thank you for making this! One thing I noticed is that I am unable to use the search feature if I'm looking for a particular deed. I assume this is due to the cells being protected? Is there any way to keep the protection but provide/allow the find feature to be operational?

Quote Originally Posted by ChivalricOptimist View Post
    Recently stumbled across your spreadsheet and its very helpful, thank you for making this! One thing I noticed is that I am unable to use the search feature if I'm looking for a particular deed. I assume this is due to the cells being protected? Is there any way to keep the protection but provide/allow the find feature to be operational?
    This is the case I think. Deeds in the file should be in the same location as the in-game deed log, however.

Now to another note.

I had mentioned retooling the file to handle a full title listing. I have spent many hours building what I have thus far and wanted to share it with the users of LotRO Deed Log. You can download a sample of the retool from my site, to look over and play with and offer feedback on, if you like.

Things altered in the retooling (so far).

1. Setup Sheet:
    • Added instructions for first time users of the file
    • Added kinship and crafting info sections

Note: The kinship and crafting info sections will be coded into the copy/paste function, but the information will not be used until the full title listing has been added to the file (later this year).

2. C|R|E Sheet:
    • Reorganized command buttons for column, class, race control
    • Class section: added quests for each class (will be visible only when class deeds is expanded, each will have its own command button)
    • Class section: added quests common to all classes
    • Class section: some deeds will not complete until the quest associated with the deed is marked as completed.
    • Epic section: Deeds separated into respective volumes
    • Epic section: Quests added for each volume with an option to show all quests for the volume as completed. (still working on)
    • Epic section: Deeds will auto-complete only after the quest that completes the deed is marked as complete.

Note: Available deeds will not display class or race deeds until a race or class has been selected on the Setup sheet.

Things still to be altered

1. S|E|R Sheet: [to be added]
    • Social deeds from existing C|R|E sheet to move here
    • Events to be moved from existing Events sheet
    • Add quests to Events section
    • Reputation deeds from existing C|R|E sheet to move here

When I publish these changes into the full file I will be also changing the version numbering system to a 3 number system, starting at 1.0.1. I would also like to rename the file from LotRO Deed Log, since it will eventually cover Deeds, Quests, Mounts, and Titles. I do not want to name the file for myself since I am not working on it alone. I would like to keep the name representative of the files contents. I am open to suggestions from users, if you have one, share it. For now I am leaning towards LotRO Character Log.

Just giving an update on where the next update currently stands.

Setup Sheet is complete and coded.

C|R|E (Class|Race|Epic) is complete and coded. Includes quests for all classes, and 3 volumes of the Epic.

S|E|R (Social|Events|Reputation) is complete and coded. Includes quests for all Events.

Hobby sheet now has fishing quests added.

Improved appearance on these 4 sheets and the Mounts sheet.

Removed Conjunctions sheet and Class Quest sheet.

Unpacked file size is currently 4.4mb, which is not bad, considering there are 1450ish deeds and a few hundred quests in the file now.

Still a little code cleaning to do, then it should be ready for use.

I hope users are up to at least 3.0 on LotRO Deed Log, it wont copy from files older than that. The file name will change as well, and the version numbering system on release. LotRO Character Log v1.0.1

When 1.0.2 comes it will no longer support any version of the Deed Log. If you want to know why, its simple; copy/paste arrays take a while to code, and when rows are added/removed/moved during updates it is a headache trying to code for multiple version support.

This is just a heads up on where the file is, and going. I really hope users will enjoy these changes.

I'm looking forward to the next update! I found a tiny mistake in the Enedwaith section. The mysteries of Enedwaidh (advanced) gives 15 TP (there is 10 on the sheet). The final (Mysteries of Enedwaith (final)) gives 20 TP.

Thank for your hard work,

Nabu

Will look over and fix any deed rewards on that sheet when I retool it for quests, later on. Thank you for finding it

Have totals now for both quests and deeds in the file you all will get soon.

1451 deeds, 1453 for minstrel

819 quests, 823 for LM and 824 for hunter.

Also want to point out one thing with the new file version. Some deeds will be automated and getting their info from the quests themselves. So when you update the file you will need to go into each section that contains quests and mark the quests that make the deed as complete. For example: Each class has deeds that come directly from the class quests. The deeds will not show as complete until you mark the quests for the deed as being completed also.

For the epic deeds I added a slightly different option. I wanted users to be able to enter their own data for the quests they have completed, but I also wanted to give users a faster way to do it at the same time, for characters that have completed entire volumes. The epic deeds will have a checkbox option that will mark MOST (not all) quest for the specific volume as complete. Users will still need to mark quests that have a choice to be made or are race specific. An example of this would be Volume 1: Each race has its own prologue, however, the prologue can be completed for all races, regardless of your race.

File version 1.0.1 of LotRO Character Log is now available

Fixes, changes, and additions are as follows:
    - File name has been changed to LotRO Character Log since file will support aspects other than just deeds.
    - File version numbering system has changed to a 3 number set.
    - Removed Class Quests sheet that was added in update 3.1 of LotRO deed log.
    - Removed Conjunctions sheet
    - Setup sheet: Retooled sheet for future support for a full listing of titles.
    - Setup sheet: Added instructions to Setup sheet to explain how to use it correctly.
    - Setup sheet: Added Kinship and Crafting information. This info may be completed now if you choose but will not affect any sheet in the file until the Title sheet is added.
    - C|R|E sheet: Retooled sheet to handle both deeds and quests.
    - C|R|E sheet - Class section: Quests for each class have been added. They will only be view-able when the deed section is opened for the selected class.
    - C|R|E sheet - Epic section: Quests have been added for each volume of the epic story. To see the quests (by chapter) open the selected volume's deeds.
    - S|E|R sheet: This sheet will handle the Social, Events, and Reputation sections.
    - S|E|R sheet - Events section: Quests for each event have been added. They will only be view-able when the deed section is opened for the event.
    - Hobby sheet: Added the fishing quests to sheet.
    - Mounts sheet: retooled visually to match changes to other sheets in this update.
    - Summary sheet: Added Quest summary to track overall quest completion.

Special Notes:
    1. Some deeds have been automated and are now based on quest completion. After updating the file please check your deeds and mark off any quests for deeds you previously had marked as completed if they no longer show it.
    2. The Epic section of the C|R|E sheet contains checkboxes. These will mark most (not all) quests for the entire volume as completed. Quests that are race specific or based on player decisions will still need to be marked manually.

You can get more info about and download LotRO Character Log at link

To update to this file without any errors you will need to have LotRO Deed Log v3.1.

I will keep v3.1 available on my site until version 1.0.2 is released for the LotRO Character log. [Check the About sheet (upper left) for file version number]

Planned schedule for future updates to file (by version):

• 1.0.2: Retool skirmish and instance sheets. Add quests pertaining to deeds and titles to instance sheet.
    • 1.0.3: Retool Eriador sheet. Add quests pertaining to deeds and titles to Eriador sheet.
    • 1.0.4: Retool Rhovanion sheet: Add quests pertaining to deeds and titles to Rhovanion sheet.
    • 1.0.5: Add Title sheet to file.

Two things for this posting:

1. Users of this file that use Office/Excel 2010. I have had reported to me by a kinmember that uses the file and has this version of Office that they get a compatibility message and that the command buttons are disappearing for the quests in each section. I am currently waiting for them to complete windows updates for Office to see if this corrects the issue. If it does not, I will need to recode the deed command buttons to not hide the rows that contain command buttons for the quests.

The command buttons are still there, but for some reason Excel 2010 will not resize them once the rows that contain them are unhidden. So far this is the only Office version I am aware of having this issue.

2. I am currently working on the retool of the Instances sheet. Would users like the instances of Agamaur added to the file. These include Arboretum, Barrows, and Fortress. These instances have no deeds, but have numerous interior and exterior quests involved with them.

The new Instances sheet I think looks really nice compared to the current one. I have added more information to each to make it a nice quide as well as a tracker. Currently I have only 5 instances completed on it. Let me know so I can add it before I continue, since the instance is level 32 and I can put it in easier now as opposed to later.

LotRO Character Log v1.0.2 will be arriving soon (within a few days at most). I would like users of the file to be using the current version; 1.0.1, to be able to update error free to 1.0.2. If you have not updated from LotRO Deed Log v3.0, please download v3.1 of that file, then version 1.0.1 of the LotRO Character Log as soon as possible. I will be removing both of these files from my site when I add v1.0.2.

If you do not keep your file current it will lose the ability to copy/paste your data automatically. When I am making changes as large as what users requested (adding limited quest support) I need to change the coded arrays that control how Excel copies rows from the old file into the new one. These next few updates, it will be critical to users to watch for update releases, at least up to v1.0.5

v1.0.2 is complete now as far as what changes it is getting, I am just verifying the coding to make sure everything is copy/pasting where it should. I think (hope) users enjoy the changes made to the instance sheet of the file with this build. The file now contains over 1100 quests in it along with the 1400+ deeds. I will cover this in more details once I upload the file and post the release notes.

The next update (1.0.3) I will begin work on maybe by next weekend. It will cover the Eriador sheet only. My plans for it are to give it the same changes the other sheets that have been altered have. As far as adding quests to Eriador sheet, it will be extremely limited, since there are well over 1000 of them. I will only add stand alone quests or quest chains that result in gaining a title. All other quests will not be put into the file. If things go quickly with the Eriador sheet I may go ahead and do the same changes to the Rhovanion sheet as well.

Again, please prepare for these next few updates to this file. Make sure you monitor this forum posting, or my facebook page for update notices. Thank you for reading this and using the file.

File version 1.0.2 of LotRO Character Log is now available

Fixes, changes and additions are as follows:
    - Skirmish sheet: made visual changes only, to match other sheets already changed in the file
    - Instance sheet: retooled sheet to handle both deeds and quests.
    - Use the check-boxes located in each section header to display all instances found in the instance cluster.
    - When the command button for deeds is clicked the deeds will display, while the quests for the instance will remain hidden.
    - Use the command button for the quest section for the instance to display quests for the instance.

Note 1: There are 2 types of quest bestowals for instances, Automatic; given when entering, and External; given by NPCs. (NPC listed and general area)
    Note 2: Some deeds will require a quest to be marked completed to show the deed as complete.
    Note 3: You will need v:1.0.1 to update to this version automatically, older version users or new users will need to use manual input.

v:3.1 of old format and v:1.0.1 will be made available only until tomorrow 26 June 2014.

The goal of the changes in this version is to make running instances more efficient for the completionist player. You should have an idea of the deeds and quests involved with all instances and make better use of your time running them.

An update about the next update to the file.

I recently upgraded my version of Office to Office 2010. With this upgrade I could finally see the issues people using this version of Office have been having with the file. So I went to work on addressing and fixing those issues.

I can promise that v1.0.3 of the file will be visually and functionally superior to all previous versions of the file, when it arrives. Office 2010 allows me to do things with the file I could not do in Office 2003. I am hoping to get all of the game Update 14 info into it as well before I release it. I will also be testing it now in multiple versions of Excel to better assure the quality of the file. Features that will work in all versions will stay and those that cause issues will be removed.

I am hoping to get this version completed and released before the end of July, see ya then.

Upgrading question

Firstly, this is a very helpful resource, thanks for all your work!

I have been on vacation for the last few weeks and honestly cannot recall what version I presently have, but certainly not the newest, lol. I am wondering if there is a specific reason that the past versions are taken down from the site? Having a list from newest to oldest would be quite helpful in my opinion. Though perhaps this is done for the sake of available space on your site?

Its not a space issue at all. I remove them so there is no confusion on which one is current, since there are 2 versions of the file now. I could make some modifications on the download page to accommodate older versions of the file if users need it. I will have to find the time to do it though, since I am buried right now scanning over 100s of quests for titles and working on the file update. I will look into it possibly when I have 1.0.3 ready for downloading. I only have back to 1.0.1 on my drive right now though, which picks up from 3.1 of the old file.

-Special Note for users of Excel 2003: When you open the file Excel will prompt you to download the Excel 2007 Compatibility pack. You will need it in order to use the new version of the file. Click OK and Office will open the Microsoft website page with the needed pack. Download and install it and you will be ready to use the file and all future versions of it. -

File version 1.0.3 of LotRO Character Log is now available

- All sheets: removed grid lines to make file appear more like a form. (visual change only)
    - All sheets: removed +/- command buttons and implemented data grouping. (if you have ever seen Whiteberry's file, you will understand this more clearly once you see it.)
    - Setup: fixed all drop down lists to allow for empty choice options.
    - Setup: added .xlsm to file types to be looked for, for copy/paste function in the open file dialogue. (use the drop down list found in the Open File [File Type] dialogue window)
    - Summary: added data group to kill summary section.
    - Summary: added Titles summary section. (Wont have data until next update)
    - C|R|E: fixed formula for Moria epic deed for each class; was not calculating for columns E-M.
    - C|R|E: removed TP values for level 15 and level 30 class quests on each class. (no TP for doing quests)
    - C|R|E: fixed Vol 1 and Vol 2 epic deeds to show as "W" if currently working on, but not yet completed.
    - C|R|E: removed check boxes for Epic quest auto-fill; Excel 2010 was deleting them if hidden.
    - S|E|R: fixed an issue where some consumable deeds were counting when they were not intended to be counted.
    - Eriador and Rhovanion: retooled to handle limited quest support. Quests directly involved with deeds, give titles not in deed log, or trait points only.
    - Gondor: [NEW] added deeds and some quests for West Gondor.
    - Skirmish: added dark green header and moved "Type" column to match other sheets in the file.
    - Hobby: added data grouping to deeds section.

Note 1: There are 2 file types (.xls for users of Excel 2003 and .xlsm for users of Excel 2007 and up)
    Note 2: Some deeds will require a quest to be marked completed to show the deed as complete.
    Note 3: You will need v:1.0.2 to update to this version automatically, older version users or new users will need to use manual input.

Changes to my website page for downloading:
    - Added table with download links to both old and new versions of the file.
    - New users to the file will only need to download the latest version of the file.
    - Previous users if you fell behind on keeping your file up to date, you can download each version you missed to get caught back up. However, if your version is older than those supported in the list, your only option would be to manually copy/paste or download the newest version and start over with it.

If you downloaded the file earlier today and get an error when clicking the Copy Data button, please download the file again. I made a code change for the Open dialogue box to see if it fixed the error. If you still get the error after this fix, please screen shot it and post it here, so I can research the error code itself. I tested the code on 3 PCs (2 with Office 2010, 1 with 2003) and don't get any errors at all.

I apologize, but my fix did not fix the issue it seems. I am not sure why, but 2010 does not seem to like files originating in 2003. I had to go back in and basically recode the entire copy/paste routine. I also had to find a PC with office that would reproduce the compile error to see what it was doing. I have it fixed now and it is working in 2003, 2007, 2010 without a problem. (at least that I have seen)

If you downloaded the file and got the compile error when clicking the Copy Data button, please download the fixed version of the file. If you did not get the compile error you can ignore this posting. Again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

This is awesome! thx very much

LotRO CL v1.0.4 will be arriving soon! (within next week)

After the issues that popped up in 1.0.3 I decided to do a complete rebuild of the file from scratch in Excel 2010. I added some things I could not do before with the file and removed some things that were causing issues. The file will appear a little different, but should function in the same fashion.

I cleaned up all the coding in the file, which hopefully translates to a smoother update. The status message (lower left of window during updating) will be more accurate than before and let you know what it is doing more clearly.

I want to take a little time to explain how the Titles sheet is going to function before I release the file for download. On the Setup sheet I added some more cells for users to enter data that the Title sheet will need, such as Gender, fishing skill, crafting tiers, guild tiers. The Titles sheet itself is not going to be a save data type sheet like the other sheets in the file. It is going to function more as a get this info on a per character basis type sheet. What I mean here is, there is no need to type a "X" to record the same data the deeds and quests are already doing for you. When you open the Titles sheet you have only one thing to do on it; use a drop-down list to decide which of your characters you wish to view the titles you have completed. The sheet will automatically lookup all deed and quest titles along with your crafting tiers, hobby value, and class and give you a list of titles based on these values and adjusted for the gender of the character.

The Titles listing will be simply a list of all titles already located in the file and grouped into their respective sheet locations, it wont be arranged in the order that is seen in the Titles tab in-game. The Titles sheet will only show 1 character at a time and will automatically adjust the list based on the character you select from the drop-down list and the information you have provided on the Setup sheet.

I hope to have the file completed, tested, and available within the next week. I hope when it arrives, users like the new look and other changes.

Until then

Wauw, so much thanks for all your hard work.

Cant wait to see the new look

One question, is it still possible to copy your data? (since you build a 'new' version).

Gr Linia

The "Copy Data" button is still in the file and works perfectly, provided the version you use currently is up to date. When I release new versions of the file I will note on the Setup sheet in the file what versions the new version will work with. The "File Version" will be found on the top left corner of the About sheet.

For those not familiar with coding. This is how it works "basically":

• When you click the Copy Data button (after opening the newest file version), the Open File window opens asking you to open an Excel file (you should select the file you used previously to the new version).
    • Excel checks the file you opened for file type and version.
    • You will get a error window if the file you opened is the wrong type or if the version is too old.
    • If the file is the version the new file is coded for it then begins the copying of your data from the old file and then pasting that data into the new file.
    • Once complete you get a message to check the data transfer for accuracy and save the file.

The Copy/paste function is all driven by arrays. An array is basically highlighting a cell or group of cell ranges from a source (old file) and telling it where to put it (new file). For this reason alone I urge users to try and stay up to date on releases. Any time I have to add a row or a column to any sheet it changes the array for that sheet, making it difficult to maintain arrays for older versions of the file.

With v1.0.4 I will have the arrays the closest they have been to being stable since way back in LotRO Deed Log v2.2. V1.0.5 (this fall) should get the arrays back to being stable since there should not be anything new added to existing parts of the game, covered in the file. Adding new regions to the Gondor sheet for example, I can code more easily if that is all that is being changed.

To answer your question; yes it will copy data still, but only if you have v1.0.3. Visit my site if you need to download the older versions to get caught back up, so v1.0.4 will work for you.

File version 1.0.4 of LotRO Character Log is now available

- Entire File: Changed color scheme. Completed deed fields will now match with the rest of sheet.
    - Entire File: Changed column hiding to show either 1 character at a time or all characters.
    - Entire File: Changed all comments to Calibri 10 point font.
    - Setup sheet: Refined drop-down list to only display list based on selections [example:Selecting Dwarf for race will show only classes relevant to Dwarves.] see comment on Setup sheet
    - Added additional information to Setup sheet required to generate title listing.
    - C|R|E sheet: Added granted race information in each Class header, and general locations for quest giver to quests in Class section.
    - C|R|E sheet: Coded check boxes to remove focus from them when/if used. This will end the need to double click another item if using them.
    - C|R|E sheet: All epic quest sections - changed Repeat column to Instance to note which quests involve some type of instance.
    - S|E|R sheet: Added 2 deeds to Hobnangians event, removed 2 obsolete deeds, adjusted reputation titles for Dol Amroth as needed.
    - S|E|R sheet: Removed quests not tied to titles, deeds, or have special reason to complete.
    - S|E|R sheet: Separated reputation into global regions [Eriador, Rhovanion, Gondor]
    - Gondor sheet: Corrected and added deeds as needed, still may need minor adjustment in future.
    - Added new sheet "Titles". Will list titles on a per character basis only, and automatically adjust as needed to suit character information you have provided on the Setup sheet.

Notes of importance with this version:
    • The file was completely rebuilt from scratch in Excel 2010, after the errors noted in version 1.0.3 when I upgraded my copy of Office.
    • I took advantage of the tools Excel 2010 provides and hopefully made some improvements, make sure you read patch notes above.
    • Users of Office 2003 or lower will need Office 2007 compatibility pack installed (Office will prompt you and send you to page to download it).
    • The "Status Bar" text should now better explain what the file is doing when you click on the "Copy Data" button and show progress accurately now.

This will hopefully be my last major update to the file a while. If you find bugs in the file or have questions about this version please post them here or my facebook page. Enjoy.

Moved Facebook to HERE. Will update link in next update to file. Feel free to join the page, ask questions, discuss file issues, requests, bugs, etc.

Is this still being updated?

Benordis LvL 105 Champion - Beniso LvL 105 Minstrel - Benisia LvL 100 Burglar - Bengrit LvL 105 Rune-keeper - Beney LvL 105 Guardian

And now....

LotRO CL ......

is available for .....

Open Office and Libre Office users!

This is essentially the same file as the Excel version, but does lack some of the Excel versions features. It was very much a pain to convert all the formulas to something Open Office could understand. Since this is the first version of the file in ods format I do expect a bug or 2 to be found. Please note any bugs here or on my Facebook (linked in the file).

Things to note:
    • This is not Berry's file, it will not work with Berry's file nor the update tool for it.
    • This file contains a lot of information but is not a 100% pure completionist file and it never will be.
    • The next version will copy/paste in the same way as its Excel counterpart. There will be no need for a 3rd party program to do it.
    • The Excel version will remain my first priority, updates to the ods version will take place afterwards.
    • You can download from my website, linked in my signature [Click LotRO Deed Log link]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast