We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is there a website that displays the game's day-night cycle?

I can accept that there is a day-night cycle in the game, but often I don't want to play during the night cycle. It would be useful if there was an external site that showed where we are in the game, just like there is a webpage that shows server status. So one could check quickly (possibly on a mobile device), without having to go through the whole login on the computer where the game is installed.

Is there such a thing? (I'm assuming day-night is the same on all servers, although it wouldn't necessarily have to be so.)

The day night cycle is server specific. It is a cyclic clock that starts ticking when the server comes up after a restart. Even if Turbine were to bring all the servers down for maintenance and back up. They will not all come up at the same moment in real time. The in game day is designed so that it does not divide evenly into a 24 hour day. If you you log at 7 PM your time every day. You will log into a different part of the Lotro day and night cycle each day.

I do not know of any application that does what you want.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

BTW, How long is a day-night cycle compared to real time?

Day last for about 1h40m, Night lasts about 1h20m, for a total of 3h6m; http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Time_of_day

There know there are a few quests that are dependent on it being night in the Shire, Lothlorien, Enedwaith, etc. But, I don't really see any reason the wanting to play during in game "day time". LotRO doesn't have a Kithicor Forest.

Along with the forum upgrade/downgrade we lost the Lotro API which was what allowed third party fan-sites to to access and post info from the live servers. This info included player stats, alt identification and yes, server time of day.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Day last for about 1h40m, Night lasts about 1h20m, for a total of 3h6m; http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Time_of_day

There know there are a few quests that are dependent on it being night in the Shire, Lothlorien, Enedwaith, etc. But, I don't really see any reason the wanting to play during in game "day time". LotRO doesn't have a Kithicor Forest.
    Well, for example, I was doing a quest where I had an "Elf-stone" on a 15 minute timer so I could solo what is otherwise a Fellowship quest. But just at the very end I took a wrong turn in the dark and the timer ran out before I could get back to where I had been. Had to cancel the quest and start over. Was very irritating, and wouldn't have happened in game daylight.

When I redid the thing I wanted to make sure I was in daylight. Being able to check on a tablet rather than logging in on the game PC would have saved time.

But if each server has its own clock, I can see the idea would be very hard to implement. Wish the lantern was as bright as the light in SWG.
    Last edited by Aurelius_Pendragon; Jan 21 2014 at 04:53 PM.