We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

HD crafting guide: Minimum quantities of resources needed from Apprentice to Westemnet using processing

I had searched for this info and not found it so I made this, this is for woodworking but it should be the same for the other professions that have had processing added, PM me if there any errors

I also made a filterable, sortable, spreadsheet detailing HD instance drops based on Verizal's post, I did PM Verizal regarding some mistakes in his/her post, but got no clarification, so I had to make some educated guesses that may be right or wrong.

Craft Levelling
    Tier Crafting XP Needed Logs/Planks With +100% boost
    T1 Apprentice 600 78/39 40/20
    T2 Journeyman 840 108/54 56/28
    T3 Expert 1080 138/69 70/35
    T4 Artisan 1320 168/84 86/43
    T5 Master 1560 198/99 100/50
    T6 Supreme 1800 228/114 116/58
    T7 Westfold 2040 258/129 130/65
    T8 Eastemnet 2280 288/144 146/73
    T9 Westemnet 2480 312/156 158/79
    Metalsmiths and Weaponsmiths will need half the amount of raw resource for T1 and T6, this also takes no account of the crit chance when up converting, so you may have a few extra planks left over after completion of each tier.

Guild Levelling
    Standard Accelerated
    Day Total Rep/Rep Needed Tier Total Rep/Rep Needed Tier
    1 38100/280000 Journeyman 76200/280000 Expert
    2 42300/280000 Journeyman 84600/280000 Expert
    3 46500/280000 Journeyman 93000/280000 Artisan
    4 63300/280000 Expert 126600/280000 Artisan
    5 67500/280000 Expert 135000/280000 Master
    6 71700/280000 Expert 143400/280000 Master
    7 88500/280000 Artisan 177000/280000 Master
    8 113700/280000 Artisan 227400/280000 Eastemnet
    9 117900/280000 Artisan 235800/280000 Eastemnet
    10 134700/280000 Master 269400/280000 Eastemnet
    11 138900/280000 Master 277800/280000 Eastemnet
    12 143100/280000 Master 280000/280000 Westement
    13 159900/280000 Master
    13 159900/280000 Master
    14 164100/280000 Master
    15 189300/280000 Master
    16 206100/280000 Eastemnet
    17 210300/280000 Eastemnet
    18 214500/280000 Eastemnet
    19 231300/280000 Eastemnet
    20 235500/280000 Eastemnet
    21 239700/280000 Eastemnet
    22 277500/280000 Eastemnet
    23 280000/280000 Westement

Guild legendary recipes cost in gold
    T6 T7 T8 T9 Total
    Cook 1 800 2 100 2 100 2 800 8 800
    Metalsmith 4 800 4 800 4 800 4 000 18 400
    Scholar 4 800 4 800 4 800 4 000 18 400
    Tailor 4 800 4 800 10 200 7 600 27 400
    Tinker 8 400 8 400 8 400 6 400 31 600
    Woodworker 48 000 48 000 48 000 32 800 176 800
    Weaponsmith 60 600 60 600 60 600 41 200 223 000
    504 400
    Last edited by dt192; Jan 17 2014 at 09:49 PM.

Very nice one.
    I was actually contemplating those numbers a few days ago
    You just saved me a few hrs of numbers punching

Thumbs up

Thanks! A very helpful quick reference sheet you have made.
    Kibilturg; Watchers of Elendil (Landroval) & Tarciryan Knights (Crickhollow)
    RIP Imladris

Actually, since 12.0 changed Tin from a resource to a Supplier item, this causes Apprentice and Supreme tier metal and weapon smiths to only need half the amount of Copper and K-Copper ore than the amount of Logs a woodworker would need.

Apprentice: 600 exp for Master = 38 Processes = 39 Planks/Ingot = 78 Rowan Logs / 40 Copper Ore + 20 Tin Ingot
    Supreme: 1800 exp for Master = 113 Processes = 114 Planks/Ingots = 228 Ilex Planks / 114 K-Copper Ore + 57 K-Tin Ingot

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Actually, since 12.0 changed Tin from a resource to a Supplier item, this causes Apprentice and Supreme tier metal and weapon smiths to only need half the amount of Copper and K-Copper ore than the amount of Logs a woodworker would need.

Apprentice: 600 exp for Master = 38 Processes = 39 Planks/Ingot = 78 Rowan Logs / 40 Copper Ore + 20 Tin Ingot
    Supreme: 1800 exp for Master = 113 Processes = 114 Planks/Ingots = 228 Ilex Planks / 114 K-Copper Ore + 57 K-Tin Ingot
    Thanks for the info, Let's hope they fix it in the next update, otherwise woodworkers and jewellers get shafted, I don't know why turbine always gets things so wrong, the crafting is a mess atm imo.

Wouldn't it take 40 ore/40 ingots instead of 40 ore/20 ingots as you stated, I'm going to start levelling my weaponsmith today anyway so ill confirm this.
    Last edited by dt192; Jan 07 2014 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dt192 View Post
    Let's hope they fix it in the next update,
    I'm not sure this is broken...
    otherwise woodworkers and jewellers get shafted,
    I always felt jewellers were doing fair enough as is what with all the exp they get from polishing gems.
    Besides, woodworkers are the only vocation to use wood, were as there are 3 vocations that use copper. So, having much less competition for resources works in their favor.

Wouldn't it take 40 ore/40 ingots instead of 40 ore/20 ingots as you stated,
    No. 40 Copper ore -> 20 Copper Ingot + 20 Tin Ingot = 40 Bronze Ingot

I'm not sure this is broken...
    I always felt jewellers were doing fair enough as is what with all the exp they get from polishing gems.
    Besides, woodworkers are the only vocation to use wood, were as there are 3 vocations that use copper. So, having much less competition for resources works in their favor.

No. 40 Copper ore -> 20 Copper Ingot + 20 Tin Ingot = 40 Bronze Ingot
    so yes it would take 40 ore/40 ingots as I said, it's the bronze that goes into the processing

ofc its broken, they should level out all the professions and tidy everything its a real mess since the update worse than it was before

Thanks for the info, Let's hope they fix it in the next update, otherwise woodworkers and jewellers get shafted, I don't know why turbine always gets things so wrong, the crafting is a mess atm imo.

Wouldn't it take 40 ore/40 ingots instead of 40 ore/20 ingots as you stated, I'm going to start levelling my weaponsmith today anyway so ill confirm this.
    I levelled my jeweler up (just last tier) recently, and have to say polishing a few stacks of jewels feels pretty painless to me, didn't seem any harder than my metalworker.

Compare that to a cook -- you need to be actually sitting there doing stuff on your farmer to get the mats. Plant 6 fields, click individually on 6 fields. Repeat again and again. At least gather ore for my other professions I can hit nodes as I'm doing other activities...

ofc its broken, they should level out all the professions and tidy everything its a real mess since the update worse than it was before
    a) That basic math escapes you is not the fault of the game, or its vocations.
    b) The vocations do not level out the same, they never have. Jewellers always had an advantage of being able to get exp by polishing the massive amount of gem that are gathered and dropped from humanoids. And, neither Scholars nor Cooks have processing.

The only mess I see is your understanding of how crafting is now after HD, and how it was prior.

a) That basic math escapes you is not the fault of the game, or its vocations.
    b) The vocations do not level out the same, they never have. Jewellers always had an advantage of being able to get exp by polishing the massive amount of gem that are gathered and dropped from humanoids. And, neither Scholars nor Cooks have processing.

The only mess I see is your understanding of how crafting is now after HD, and how it was prior.
    So yet again you say you don't agree but what you write clearly shows you do, you seem to have an issue understanding your own mind maybe you should get help with that, the professions should be level obviously, just saying they never have been doesn't make Turbines ineptitude OK, They should go back and redesign the system, and the reason its messier now is because of all these conversion recipes they introduced because they were not competent enough to just convert the resources we had.

You are clearly one of these blinkered fanboys/girls that will swear blind that everything is rosy in LotRO land regardless of the obvious, I'm sure you think PvP is well balanced too lol, anyway thanks for your input hale.

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    I levelled my jeweler up (just last tier) recently, and have to say polishing a few stacks of jewels feels pretty painless to me, didn't seem any harder than my metalworker.

Compare that to a cook -- you need to be actually sitting there doing stuff on your farmer to get the mats. Plant 6 fields, click individually on 6 fields. Repeat again and again. At least gather ore for my other professions I can hit nodes as I'm doing other activities...
    Yea I was levelling my cook guild today and it was horrible compared to levelling my jewellers guild for example, the cook profession needs some looking at for sure.

Well this thread went off the deep end fast it was just a post of a sheet to help people and you all made it into a discussion about how crafting needs fixed which it does not!!!!!! it is just fine.

Great guide. One thing worth mentioning to use the least amount of mats is dont start until you have enough materials to convert to get past the basic tier. That way when you convert back you get crits and it will cut back on amount of mats needed total for less waste.

Im happy with the crafting system for the most part. However, the conversion system is kind of meh, just an easy way to cap skill. I am happy they flattened the wood and ore out, and would be happy if they added skarn for all tiers of ore to be honest.

Gathering speed nerf for HD was lame.

Guild crafting rep nerf annoys me to this day. I have guilded crafters of every type except scholar. Added alot of work for no reason. Especially for those that are not super hardcore about watching cooldowns etc.

Recipes are a cr_p shoot. Why they decided to make some level recipes to have 2 different stacks is beyond me. Also seem to be kind of rare at times to be honest. Im having a heck of a time finding some of the Eastenmet stuff for a couple vocations. ADD kicking in on that one I guess. I used to buy missing recipes from time to time on the Lotro Store, but now you have to buy entire tiers which is BS and kind of a cash grab IMO.

A couple things:

WW: I dont care for the fact I had to change my wood workers vocation from Armsman to Woodsman due to the need to be able to process wood for convenience sake to convert boards to make the upgraded boards. Was just too space and time intensive to use my Explorer toon to do all the upgrades and then switch toons back to the Woodworker. Also had to dump my 22% crit tool because of this.

WC: About the same as it ever was. Please add a LI axe for Minstrels! My dwarf mini will be forever grateful....

MS: I wish they would go back and rework the Westfold and higher tier items. This 66, 68, 70, etc, level items is annoying. The ability to craft a full set every 4-5 levels like you could from Journeyman thru Supreme was great for the ADD types like me! Also give us the option to pick appearance and stats of item. Maybe I want the dwarf look armor with the elf stats? Also the removal of all the low level tools was lame. They should have at least given MS the recipes for free at the lower tiers in compensation.

Tailor: Pretty much the same as MS for me.

Cook: Its pricey to buy all the components for every little thing, in fact this is the worst skill to raise at high levels. Also very inventory intensive. No conversion like the rest of the vocations to level from.

Farmer: A slow grind. Inventory intensive. TBH I use a mule on my wifes account to hold all my cr_p for me while I farm and cook.

Jeweler: Easy mode to level. Do they even have conversion? I havent leveled mine since pre HD, so I cant speak to that. Would be nice to have something to actually do with the stacks and stacks of gems acquired from leveling other than eat up vault space.

Scholar: Can be a pain to level unless you have alts feeding you drop mats, and you can out there and bang on some of the nodes while leveling. At low levels the items created are ####. Pocket items at upper levels are nice. Crafted potions are no better than what you buy at a merchant, at least give them a shorter cool down, or perhaps a resist buff on the back end, something. I havent leveled mine since pre HD, but there is no conversion.

Lotro has one of the most rewarding crafting systems, but it could be better with minimal work. Adding the ability to choose the look of the armor and the stats as I suggested would be cool. Increase the crit % at lower tiers. I know 70% is easy to hit at lower levels, but if Im a tier 9 Master should I not have no issues banging out a crit level 20, 30, 40, 50 item with the mastery component? Id love to put low level crafted items on the AH for a reasonable price, but I want to only sell crits and I dont feel like wasting my time or materials.

And just FYI, not touching the mess that is the LI system in this conversation which already off track, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepherzaper View Post
    Well this thread went off the deep end fast it was just a post of a sheet to help people and you all made it into a discussion about how crafting needs fixed which it does not!!!!!! it is just fine.
    Yea crafting is just fine in the same way that eating half a tin of baked beans for dinner is just fine compared to eating nothing, I'm not saying it's the worst thing in the world, I'm just saying a 6 year old could have done better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldor View Post
    Great guide. One thing worth mentioning to use the least amount of mats is dont start until you have enough materials to convert to get past the basic tier. That way when you convert back you get crits and it will cut back on amount of mats needed total for less waste.

Im happy with the crafting system for the most part. However, the conversion system is kind of meh, just an easy way to cap skill. I am happy they flattened the wood and ore out, and would be happy if they added skarn for all tiers of ore to be honest.

Gathering speed nerf for HD was lame.

Guild crafting rep nerf annoys me to this day. I have guilded crafters of every type except scholar. Added alot of work for no reason. Especially for those that are not super hardcore about watching cooldowns etc.

Recipes are a cr_p shoot. Why they decided to make some level recipes to have 2 different stacks is beyond me. Also seem to be kind of rare at times to be honest. Im having a heck of a time finding some of the Eastenmet stuff for a couple vocations. ADD kicking in on that one I guess. I used to buy missing recipes from time to time on the Lotro Store, but now you have to buy entire tiers which is BS and kind of a cash grab IMO.

A couple things:

WW: I dont care for the fact I had to change my wood workers vocation from Armsman to Woodsman due to the need to be able to process wood for convenience sake to convert boards to make the upgraded boards. Was just too space and time intensive to use my Explorer toon to do all the upgrades and then switch toons back to the Woodworker. Also had to dump my 22% crit tool because of this.

WC: About the same as it ever was. Please add a LI axe for Minstrels! My dwarf mini will be forever grateful....

MS: I wish they would go back and rework the Westfold and higher tier items. This 66, 68, 70, etc, level items is annoying. The ability to craft a full set every 4-5 levels like you could from Journeyman thru Supreme was great for the ADD types like me! Also give us the option to pick appearance and stats of item. Maybe I want the dwarf look armor with the elf stats? Also the removal of all the low level tools was lame. They should have at least given MS the recipes for free at the lower tiers in compensation.

Tailor: Pretty much the same as MS for me.

Cook: Its pricey to buy all the components for every little thing, in fact this is the worst skill to raise at high levels. Also very inventory intensive. No conversion like the rest of the vocations to level from.

Farmer: A slow grind. Inventory intensive. TBH I use a mule on my wifes account to hold all my cr_p for me while I farm and cook.

Jeweler: Easy mode to level. Do they even have conversion? I havent leveled mine since pre HD, so I cant speak to that. Would be nice to have something to actually do with the stacks and stacks of gems acquired from leveling other than eat up vault space.

Scholar: Can be a pain to level unless you have alts feeding you drop mats, and you can out there and bang on some of the nodes while leveling. At low levels the items created are ####. Pocket items at upper levels are nice. Crafted potions are no better than what you buy at a merchant, at least give them a shorter cool down, or perhaps a resist buff on the back end, something. I havent leveled mine since pre HD, but there is no conversion.

Lotro has one of the most rewarding crafting systems, but it could be better with minimal work. Adding the ability to choose the look of the armor and the stats as I suggested would be cool. Increase the crit % at lower tiers. I know 70% is easy to hit at lower levels, but if Im a tier 9 Master should I not have no issues banging out a crit level 20, 30, 40, 50 item with the mastery component? Id love to put low level crafted items on the AH for a reasonable price, but I want to only sell crits and I dont feel like wasting my time or materials.

And just FYI, not touching the mess that is the LI system in this conversation which already off track, lol.
    Yes jewellers have conversion too so gems don't really have much use now, I've got stacks of Emeralds, probably would have been better off polishing the gems and saving the metal, maybe they should have used the gems as the input for processing instead of metal.

I agree my cooks mats just for my guild levelling fill about 4 bags, but for other professions more like one and a half.

I too like the one type of skarn per tier system, with the 3 tiers of ignot, I would like to see this implemented across all crafting tiers and professions, I think jewellers could have rough cut gems > fine cut gems > brilliant cut gems using grinding stones bought from the supplier for up converting and cooks could use sugar in the same way for basic rhubarb surprise > sweetened rhubarb surprise > sticky rhubarb surprise, or maybe using ingredient bags from the supplier to upgrade basic rhubarb sauce > sweet rhubarb with cream > rhubarb crumble with custard for example, that way all professions and all tiers would work in the same way, i don't see any reason why somebody choosing one profession should have a much harder time levelling than somebody that picked another profession.

I agree about the crits, maybe T9 25%, T8 50%, T7 75% T6 or below 100% crit then it moves up one each time a new tier is added.

Yes jewellers have conversion too so gems don't really have much use now, I've got stacks of Emeralds, probably would have been better off polishing the gems and saving the metal, maybe they should have used the gems as the input for processing instead of metal.

I agree my cooks mats just for my guild levelling fill about 4 bags, but for other professions more like one and a half.

I too like the one type of skarn per tier system, with the 3 tiers of ignot, I would like to see this implemented across all crafting tiers and professions, I think jewellers could have rough cut gems > fine cut gems > brilliant cut gems using grinding stones bought from the supplier for up converting and cooks could use sugar in the same way for basic rhubarb surprise > sweetened rhubarb surprise > sticky rhubarb surprise, or maybe using ingredient bags from the supplier to upgrade basic rhubarb sauce > sweet rhubarb with cream > rhubarb crumble with custard for example, that way all professions and all tiers would work in the same way, i don't see any reason why somebody choosing one profession should have a much harder time levelling than somebody that picked another profession.

I agree about the crits, maybe T9 25%, T8 50%, T7 75% T6 or below 100% crit then it moves up one each time a new tier is added.
    I think my cook/farmer mule has 6 bags and a 100 slot vault mostly full, lol.

Good to know about jewelers. I have a metric b_ttlload of gems that need polishing for T8 and 9 which will get 90% of the way.

You can optimize the quantities if you only create scraps for the bronze anvil and reconstruct them for the gold anvil - if you mastered gold in all previous tiers.
    The crit will reward you with more metal, so your lose less. Leveling has never been so easy.
    Also of course craft some guild symbols if you can, they grant a nice amount of crafting XP.