We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Pro Tip: Windows advice does little to help Mac users

Hello! I have spent a literal 24 hours for LOTRO to download and it finally has, but the launcher presents me with this problem. All of the advice in that article is for owners of Windows computers. I've got a Mac, so the information is completely and totally useless to me. I've tried everything I could come up with on my own, and I think it's time for a second opinion. Can anyone lend a hand? ;~;

Have you tried doing what it says, adjusting the instructions as you're on a Mac? The folders named in the article probably exist in your game's installation folder too.

Quote Originally Posted by Total-MAdMaN View Post
    Have you tried doing what it says, adjusting the instructions as you're on a Mac? The folders named in the article probably exist in your game's installation folder too.
    I've tried searching the terms through the finder, but the only files that show up are files I've had for other games. I'm not sure why LOTRO isn't working with my Mac. :c

How did you download the Mac client (e.g. Steam, Little Happy Puppy-Dog, direct)? Be aware, there is a super useful sub-forum for Mac People (who are all pretty helpful if you post there) at the bottom of the forum list.

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyGreene View Post
    How did you download the Mac client (e.g. Steam, Little Happy Puppy-Dog, direct)? Be aware, there is a super useful sub-forum for Mac People (who are all pretty helpful if you post there) at the bottom of the forum list.
    Here's a link to that fine forum: https://www.lotro.com/forums/forumdi...hnical-Support
    <<Insert clever sig here>>