We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Totally Confused and Lost

Hi,
    I am a returning player, and after looking at the websites, I am totally confused.
    My character is a high 40's Warden.
    Can i skip Moria and go straight to Rohan?
    I own the Rohan expansion.
    Also, I have no legendary weapons, no clue how to get them.
    In addition, I hate running around with a spear on my warden and hate the gambit attack system.
    Do I have to use a spear on a warden and does the game still use the gambit system.
    In addition, can I play all the cool stuff in Helms Deep?
    Thanks.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000100b68/01008/signature.png]Vinarion[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Chipset View Post
    Hi,
    I am a returning player, and after looking at the websites, I am totally confused.
    I do not think you can. You have to at least complete the epic book line that starts at echad dunan to gain entry to moria... once you gain entry, then if you so choose you can try to run thru it to the other end and exit to the lothlorien zone area. From there you can continue and kill mobs or quest as long as the mobs are not purple con. Mobs that con purple will give you no experience at all. Only other thing I can think of is to check the major towns for stable travels. If their is a listing to get to a town near rohan, you should be able to use mithril coins to temporarily unlock the travel option. Go to Bree South gate stable master. He has an option to use mithril coin to temporarily unlock the swift travel to Snowbourn. From there you can wander and explore the East Rohan or head out the north gate to West rohan. Just follow the road north then follow it to the river and cross the river and wala you are in Helms deep zone. Remember purple con mobs will not get you any experience.

Their is a dwarf at Echad Dunan standing near the gate entry to Moria area. Completing this quest line will get you your first beginner legendary weapon and allow access to moria. I believe you can complete this quest as early as level 45 or 46.

In addition, I hate running around with a spear on my warden and hate the gambit attack system.
    Do I have to use a spear on a warden and does the game still use the gambit system.
    if you open your carecter sheet, press C .. then at bottom select the skills button. on the new skills window at top click the option at says "passive".. this should show you a list of types of weapons and armor you can use.

In addition, can I play all the cool stuff in Helms Deep? Thanks.
    If you are free to play then you will need to purchase the expansion or quest pack to enjoy all of its content. This applies to every zone. If you have purchased the Rohan expansion then yes you should be able to enjoy all of its content. Also, no matter what type of account you have, all players still need to purchas the expansions to enjoy the content they provide, but if you can get to the zone and the mobs are not purple you can kill mobs as much as you want while exploring the lands.

there is a NPC in Bree at the boar fountain who will train you for Big Battles. If you are level 10 + you can participate in the big battles.

I hope this helps.

Note: i did not mention level limit requirements specifically because anyone can try to physically go to other zones to explore. The bigger the level difference their is the larger the argo range you will have and you will probably not survive. As Sapience has been showing with his special event he has been holding. Traveling places at low level is definitely possible with help but not recommended as you miss out on a lot of enjoyable landscape and content.
    Last edited by Gagmuk; Jan 20 2014 at 11:40 AM.
    [center]***[color=red]Public Safety Reminder:[/color] When Driving, Please [u]do not[/u] use your cell phones to call or text. If something is that important pull over off the road and stop the vehicle, then return to driving when done. Also as a continued reminder, [u]do not[/u] or Drink and Drive when Celebrating.***[/center]

No.
    Moria is the only quest area catering to lvl 50-60.
    East Rohan if for lvl 75+, and West Rohan is for lvl 85+.

Though, if you have East Rohan, you could grind in the scalable Erebor instances. Or, if you have West Rohan, you could grind in Big Battles. Neither is recommended.

Once your character is lvl 45+, you can go to Eregion, Echad Dunann and start Volume 2, Book 1. It'll get you your first Legendary Items and eventually open the gate to Moria.

Do I have to use a spear on a warden
    No, you don't have to use a Spear, any Weapon will work.
    and does the game still use the gambit system.
    Yes, the Gambit system is still there. If you don't like it, I'd suggest playing a different class. Gambits are what the Warden does.
    A part from the scalable Erebor instances or the Big Battle instances, you're about 30 levels to low to begin Rohan.

Thanks, so I thought level 10+ players can participate in Helms Deep?
    Ugh, I was hoping to avoid Moria, it does not sound like fun.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000100b68/01008/signature.png]Vinarion[/charsig]

Like I said, if you have access to West Rohan (ie. Helm's Deep expansion), you can take part in Big Battles.

However, not many people take part in them. And, they're not much fun.

Ugh, I was hoping to avoid Moria, it does not sound like fun.
    Moria is a lot less intimidating than it used to be before they revampred it. Some regret this, some rejoice in it.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Like I said, if you have access to West Rohan (ie. Helm's Deep expansion), you can take part in Big Battles.

However, not many people take part in them. And, they're not much fun.
    The Helms Deep battle that the whole expansion is based on is not fun and nobody plays it?
    So basically, people r buying Helms Deep expansion just to continue the story?
    oy....

The Helms Deep battle that the whole expansion is based on is not fun and nobody plays it?
    No. The Big Battles are only what takes part at the Battle of the Hornburg. This is the final act in the Helm's Deep expansion Epic quest chain.

The Helm's Deep expansion, itself, is 5 questing areas with much more involved and interesting content than the drab and boring Big Battles that you have to slog through at the end. But, those areas are only for those that are lvl 85+, and if you're only in your 40's, that's 40 levels too low.

Hi,
    Thanks.
    You've been gone a very long time. You can certainly skip Moria, but since Rohan is a level 75 - 85 zone (and Helm's Deep is a level 85 - 95 zone), you're not going to last long if you try to go there in your 40's. Remember, the zones progress in difficulty as you level up. While you don't (and probably won't) play all the quests in any given zone, you do need to be in the zone's level range to get quests... assuming you have the quest pack for the zone.

To get your first two legendary weapons and access to the legendary weapon system, you need to do the Volume II Book 1 quest series starting at Echad Duannan in Eregion. It also gives you access to Moria via the quest series involving a shared public instance. You can get these level 50 quests starting at level 45.

The Gambit system is the core playstyle of the Warden. If you don't like the Gambit system, I really recommend you try a different class. What lead you to create a Warden? Maybe we can recommend a class you will like better.

You can't play ALL the cool stuff in Helm's Deep until you are level 85. If you have the Helm's Deep expansion, you can start playing the Big Battles instances at level 10. Your character will be scaled up to level 95 while you are in the instance.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

So basically, people r buying Helms Deep expansion just to continue the story?
    oy....
    That would not be true. Some of us are actually enjoying both the quest zone and the Big Battles. I just ran one with a kinnie yesterday, and we had a blast.

There is much gloom and doom on the forums, as is common after every expansion. Best thing to do is to get into the game, find some folks to run with if you like, and see if it is something YOU enjoy.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

I could nto play my Warden, too confusing to relearn after being away so long, thus I pulled out my mid level 30s Champion who is easier to play.
    Only issue now is the nickle and dime cost on everything...
    I will try playing for a minth and hopefully get to 50...so sick of the same areas I am playing in.

Hardly nickel and dime since all the expansions were all quite expensive in terms of buying them with real money, as in those who pre-ordered HD + fluff for $100.

LoTRO will be exactly what YOU choose to make of the journey, so I would, at the very least give the game a chance before being so critical already and making assumptions based on what others say. It's not just about getting to level 50 or level cap you know.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White