We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

AH for low levels

Hi,

Is it possible make money selling items in the AH at lower levels? i already tried sold any loot i found and nobody care.
    In any MMO , all bones and skins are worth for high levels craft, so the newbies can make some money, but here not.
    So , i guess that´s only high end stuffs are good to sell ? am i wrong?

You need to sell the right things; from what I've seen, ore, wood, hides sell pretty well at all levels, mainly due to experienced players with lots of gold levelling up alts and not wanting to gather materials. The other loot items, like skins and furs, or task items (barring some rep items) don't seem to sell at all. Check to what is selling and see what you have in the same categories.

I've sold 100 piece lots of Rowan wood, light hides and copper ore in just the last week. And they went quickly. As Pilko said, they're for people with gold who want to level up alts quickly. So when I go back to a low level area for some other reason, I always stop to gather mats. My lowest level alt, a Hunter Yeoman, is sitting pretty now because she took the time to gather raw materials and sell them-after she used what she needed to level up.

Quote Originally Posted by teste View Post
    Is it possible make money selling items in the AH at lower levels? i already tried sold any loot i found and nobody care.
    In any MMO , all bones and skins are worth for high levels craft, so the newbies can make some money, but here not.
    Understand that the "loot" you get by regular hunting is not of interest unless it is a crafting item... and not even all of these are interesting. You don't say what type of loot you are selling but "bones and skins" are not crafting items in LotRO. Hover your mouse over each item and it will tell you what it's used for. If it says "used for tasks" then it's likely not going to sell. Most people get plenty of those items all by themselves.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

As mentioned, crafting materials sell well regardless of profession and level. Especially scholar materials.

As for selling your loot, don't bother. If it isn't an instance drop, blue, gold, purple or a set item, its probably not gonna sell well, if at all.

Best to just npc those.

Quote Originally Posted by Kira_kun View Post
    As mentioned, crafting materials sell well regardless of profession and level. Especially scholar materials.
    Good advice. As a scholar I am always on the lookout for Sienna and Woad, both of which are obtained in the under level 30 areas.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Hi,

Rep items can be valuable as well. Once you hit Kindred with a faction (or you do not care if you have rep) Stacks can turn a nice profit. After all, you gathered them while question, so other than time investment, it is free money!

Quote Originally Posted by Datheor View Post
    Rep items can be valuable as well. Once you hit Kindred with a faction (or you do not care if you have rep) Stacks can turn a nice profit. After all, you gathered them while question, so other than time investment, it is free money!
    Alternatively, you can horde them and make more TP for yourself.

Going from 0-Kin (85k rep) gets you 50TP. For easy math, that's a stack of 700rep items and 5 stacks of 30rep items.
    You could farm on one character, create an alt, send them the items, get to kin, get TP, delete and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Alternatively, you can horde them and make more TP for yourself.

Going from 0-Kin (85k rep) gets you 50TP. For easy math, that's a stack of 700rep items and 5 stacks of 30rep items.
    You could farm on one character, create an alt, send them the items, get to kin, get TP, delete and repeat.
    Agreed, but as the OP was asking about making money on the AH....

Hi,

If you want to make decent money at low levels, sell hides, wood and ore