We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

5 mithril coins to travel to objective?

Sorry if there's been a discussion on this. Lifes been busy and i havent been able to do much in game for last few months. When did they change using Mithril Coins from 1 to travel to an objective to 5? This makes me royally mad.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000369e1/01001/signature.png]Manhandsmagee[/charsig]
    [/center]

It was changed when HD went live.

Personally, I never use that feature anyway.

yeah, only reason i do is because when i do get on i generally have limited time. so it greatly helped me get stuff done in the short time i did have. then they go and increase the cost 500%. like what is the deal
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000369e1/01001/signature.png]Manhandsmagee[/charsig]
    [/center]

AFAIK the 5 coin price only applies to highlvl quests, though it is still a steep pricing. Lower level quest still cost 1 MC to quicktravel to.

It's only in HD areas that it's five per. Part of the reasoning behind the price increase is so that you'll not be tempted to fly from quest to quest (and potentially miss landscape quests that pop up only when you're in range) and thus won't get through with the quests in a very short time. The price increase encourages us to take our time and enjoy the scenery. For those that craft, you also potentially get more resources by riding to turn in a quest, assuming that you stop to gather the resource.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Thorin Oakenshield in [i]The Hobbit, or There and Back Again[/i] by J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Zikaris99 View Post
    The price increase encourages us to take our time and enjoy the scenery. For those that craft, you also potentially get more resources by riding to turn in a quest, assuming that you stop to gather the resource.
    So they are doing us a favor increasing the prices a 500%. Thanks Turbine!

Quest resets in Frostbluff were also incresed from 1 to 5 MC, I loved it

Quote Originally Posted by Zikaris99 View Post
    For those that craft, you also potentially get more resources by riding to turn in a quest, assuming that you stop to gather the resource.
    I went by foot in HD last night. Boy, did I get a ton of hides and ore!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Laerien View Post

Quest resets in Frostbluff were also incresed from 1 to 5 MC, I loved it

Ok, that is just wrong. I can understand why HD is 5 MC, but Frostbluff?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Monies everyone, monies. That's the only explanation. If they really wanted us to travel and explore there would be no swift travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Ok, that is just wrong. I can understand why HD is 5 MC, but Frostbluff?
    I do not believe this change is new. I am pretty sure it was made a long time maybe summer festival or spring festival 2013.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    I do not believe this change is new. I am pretty sure it was made a long time maybe summer festival or spring festival 2013.
    Yeah my bad, Yule Festival 2012 still used Festival Tickets. So according the ratio convertion 1 FT=5 MC, the reset price still the same lol

Austerity Drive.

Turbine has only 2 directions to go.

1. Increase revenue from a shrinking base by increasing costs
    2. Increase revenue by decreasing costs and building new infrascruture

Which choice do you think this Company has chosen?

Quote Originally Posted by JRAD65 View Post
    Austerity Drive.

Turbine has only 2 directions to go.

1. Increase revenue from a shrinking base by increasing costs
    2. Increase revenue by decreasing costs and building new infrascruture

Which choice do you think this Company has chosen?
    just know i was going to sink some points into buying more coins but am not going to now.
    [/center]

an amazing thread full of truth bumped

The real reason for these is for the tedious go across the country, now go back, wait for got to tell you to pick up a cookie, ah thanks that hit the... #### need some milk, go back quest lines.

It may have been based on increasing revenues, but anyone with common sense (yeah I know that would someone other than Turbines decision makers) would know it's counter productive. I'm more likely to burn through 5 at 1 a clip, rinse repeat and end up using 50 of them (read: higher revenue), but when I see 5 for one item I get pissed and say screw this quest line, I'll do something else.

Wouldn't it be great if someone from turbine actually read these post and did something that their paying customers wanted?

Turbine, powered by the fans... in their break room.

Quote Originally Posted by Arasul123 View Post
    It may have been based on increasing revenues, but anyone with common sense (yeah I know that would someone other than Turbines decision makers) would know it's counter productive. I'm more likely to burn through 5 at 1 a clip, rinse repeat and end up using 50 of them (read: higher revenue), but when I see 5 for one item I get pissed and say screw this quest line, I'll do something else.
    This may work in the old areas, in the newer ones you can not skip boring quests in a quest-line.......wait a moment....now this whole quest-line thing make sense....

The 5 coins is only for the current "new" quest line. When HD first came out, Western Rohan was 5 coins to travel to quest objective. Now it is only 1. Then West Gondor was new and it was 5 coins, now it is only 1. Same with Osgiliath. Now Minas Tirith are 5 coins.
    It was very helpful when leveling alts to have it only be 1 coin all the way up to current epic.

I would never pay 1 MC to travel to an NPC, let alone 5.

While people will pay for this, they will keep adding it, and putting the MC price up.

If you want to avoid these mechanisms being added - don't use them and create demand when they are added.

Buy fluff, and they will create fluff. Buy progression and they will as sure as nighttime comes each day - sell it.
    Apes are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey