We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Noob Question - How do you access Mines of Moria

So I purchased the Mines of Moria expansion pack this weekend for $9.99 (fantastic deal!!). But what I was wondering, is how do you get to the mines???

Help a noob out will ya??

Re: Noob Question - How do you access Mines of Moria

You have to reach something around level 48 then you find the Moria entry quest in the Eregion territory. If you follow quests up to that level you will be guided to the correct place.
    Aldekim (95 Landroval) Aldekim (65 Meneldor), Aldekim (13 Arkenstone),Aldekim (33 Laurelin), Aldekim (11 Nimrodel), Aldekim (Crickhollow), Aldekim (Elendilmir)

OK thank you!!

I guess I jumped the gun, but the price was right!

level 45 is the minimum level, but i definitely wouldn't recommend going in until about 53 unless you have a buddy or two that you group with most of the time.

You can get your legendary weapon by completing the first part of volume 2 starting at level 45, and as a dps class this will be far better than any weapon available to you prior to level 50. Volume 2 starts in southeastern eregion (echad dundain or something like that, there's a guy on the east side of that "town"). Hunters can port there after completing a quest in the town, so find a hunter buddy to port you down there as soon as possible after you hit 45, then go back to angmar or forochel or wherever you were questing with your new beastly weapon :-p

So, more specifically, you have to complete all of Volume 2 book 1? I don't know why this has to be so mysterious, since you get the message "You cannot use Legendary Items until you have access to Moria". Logically, since this message exists, there should be some *clearly documented* way of telling whether you have to access to Moria or not, and how to get it. There are a lot of things in this game that seem intentionally murky for no good reason.

I wouldn't call this a noob question at all. It's more like a missing page from the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirlothrian View Post
    So, more specifically, you have to complete all of Volume 2 book 1? I don't know why this has to be so mysterious, since you get the message "You cannot use Legendary Items until you have access to Moria". Logically, since this message exists, there should be some *clearly documented* way of telling whether you have to access to Moria or not, and how to get it. There are a lot of things in this game that seem intentionally murky for no good reason.

I wouldn't call this a noob question at all. It's more like a missing page from the manual.
    When you hit 45 elrond will give you a quest to send you down to the the walls of moria where you do a nice little intro which will give you your LI and a good story. I'd suggest waiting till you are 46 to do them tho just because some mobs will be red to you at 45

You do know this post is over a year old. I'm guessing he found out by now, hate to think they have been waiting all this time to get into Moria.

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    You do know this post is over a year old. I'm guessing he found out by now, hate to think they have been waiting all this time to get into Moria.
    Dang necros I should look at the original post date more often

Moved by me.

Was this a serious question? Sometimes I can't tell...

Hi everyone,
    I have this problem too now of not being able to enter Moria. I did all the quests concerning the Walls of Moria and got my first legendary Staff (I'm a lvl 51 LM) for which i need to go to a Forge Master in Moria to have it identified. However, the passageway to the walls of Moria is blocked now, says i can't use it, so how am i suppose to reach Moria?

Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by kathi1206 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I have this problem too now of not being able to enter Moria. I did all the quests concerning the Walls of Moria and got my first legendary Staff (I'm a lvl 51 LM) for which i need to go to a Forge Master in Moria to have it identified. However, the passageway to the walls of Moria is blocked now, says i can't use it, so how am i suppose to reach Moria?

IIRC go to Rivendale crafting area and look for the gold rings on the right side as you enter. You also have to level the weapon by using it to level 10.

Quote Originally Posted by kathi1206 View Post
    Hi everyone,

You need to go to a Forge Master, yes, but not in Moria. You need to visit the Forge Master in either Thorins Hall or in Rivendell. There are other Forge Masters in the world, but those others won't work for that particular quest. Only those in Thorin's Hall or Rivendell will do.