We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Tier 9 Westemnet Cooking Recipes - Too complex?

    I just did a forum search and I don't see any comments made about the complexity of making Westemnet Food. That surprises me since all the crafts have been simplified but this tier of cooking seems the MOST complex ever. To make it even more painful, most of the ingredients you need are from other tiers so you don't end up with many Westemnet Herbs unless you just mindlessly farm a bunch more just for the herbs. Does anyone else feel this way or am I all alone thinking this is just too hairy?

  2. #2
    I don't mind the ingredients of Westemnet Cooking, considering the ease of gaining materials through Farming.

    In all other Professions, someone has to actually go and gather the materials from the zones they're located in.
    In Farming/Cooking, you can master both Professions as soon as you exit the introduction.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by gripply View Post
    I just did a forum search and I don't see any comments made about the complexity of making Westemnet Food. That surprises me since all the crafts have been simplified but this tier of cooking seems the MOST complex ever. To make it even more painful, most of the ingredients you need are from other tiers so you don't end up with many Westemnet Herbs unless you just mindlessly farm a bunch more just for the herbs. Does anyone else feel this way or am I all alone thinking this is just too hairy?
    I LOVE the realism factor in cooking. And the fact that my kinnie makes RL goodies based on the in-game recipes.

    It may be the last bastion of crafting realism left in the game. PLEASE don't change it!
    Mandelbaum, 105 Champ; PeabodySherman, 100 LM, House of Mooters, Landroval
    Rembandor, 85 Champ, Penquanta Periannath, Laurelin

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsix66 View Post
    I LOVE the realism factor in cooking. And the fact that my kinnie makes RL goodies based on the in-game recipes.

    It may be the last bastion of crafting realism left in the game. PLEASE don't change it!

    /agreed.........


  5. #5
    Ok then, I guess I'll just make extra coffee for herbs then /shrug Don't want to ruin anyone's fun.

    But on second thought, I do think it could've been made easier by making it "Royal Carrots" and "King Leeks" or something, it would still be just a variety of carrots and leeks, why would that be "not real ingredients"? This way I just don't know what to do with the crit items from other tiers... there's considerable waste for me. I can sell it but it really isn't worth it when compared to the price of coffee or even the price of a stack of the finished goods. I mean, really, who needs half a stack of allspice whenever they're making level 90 food? And Pinch of Herbs, Pinch of Spice, Pouch of Spice, Handful of Herbs? How often have you bought the wrong one? It just doesn't draw me in and seems only practical. Maybe if I were making "black pudding" "blancmange" or "toad in the hole" it might be more cute and amusing. At this point, food making for me is just a practical matter.

    My list for making even the most basic of T9 food is something like this (not complete)
    Pears
    Kingstead mushrooms
    Leeks
    Golden Shire Potatoes
    2x Carrot as Leeks
    Coffee

    At least if it was green onion it would provide dye ingredients. If you ignore the optional coffee, more than half of it is non-T9.
    Last edited by gripply; Jan 19 2014 at 11:35 PM.

  6. #6
    I hear ya. Wanted to max cooking in one go as well as have a good stock of coffee so I got the ingredients for 500. Had to watch the AH for a few days to pick up enough herbs though. Don't know how others would feel about this, but perhaps have a single "herb" that all fields drop? With ingredients coming from multiple tiers, would be nice if all that work went towards your goal.

    As for food... haven't made any. Have won so many Crams that anything else would just take up space and I don't eat often as there are few situations where it'll make a difference. I'd probably be more interested if they differentiated crafted food from the crams. Like having standard food lasts for 10 minutes and superior is 15 minutes. This also assumes that food in any form might make a difference after Turbine adjusts difficulty.

  7. #7
    I didn't mean to start and then abandon the thread. I suffered a bit of posting permission issues like lots of people, but they're fixed. Thank you for replying.

    There's been a lot of Crams in the hobbit presents, I agree, but that's just regen food. Any kind of resistance or trail takes more cooking. And coffee is always good, but thankfully easy. I wish the fish based food were updated, but I'm afraid to think what recipe would be offered. Maybe a +90/+90 or thereabout will food would be attractive for tacticals again.

    I'd like to see food last longer or be upgraded with an "eat regularly" feature (toggle). So you didn't have to remember to click it. It would drive sales too, which benefits the crafters.

  8. #8
    I havn't noticed an increase in complexity T9. Some of the T4 or so stuff was way worse. Also, you don't even need to make stat food on tier, because the T8 stat food is way better than the T9 stat food (having double stats rather than single stats like the T9 stat food.)

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MithrielWielder View Post
    I havn't noticed an increase in complexity T9. Some of the T4 or so stuff was way worse. Also, you don't even need to make stat food on tier, because the T8 stat food is way better than the T9 stat food (having double stats rather than single stats like the T9 stat food.)
    Maybe you're talking about T8 Guild recipes? I logged on my Cook and her recipes are better at T9, but she's not in the Cook's guild.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by gripply View Post
    Maybe you're talking about T8 Guild recipes? I logged on my Cook and her recipes are better at T9, but she's not in the Cook's guild.
    There are lvl85 trail foods from Wildermore rep barter (and also guild) which have multiple stats -> http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cook...8Wildermore.29


    Also, the lvl75 White Puddings from Stangard rep have multi stat: Vitality and Crit Defence. I like these ones.
    [COLOR=#ffd700]I'm a Banana[/COLOR]

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    There are lvl85 trail foods from Wildermore rep barter (and also guild) which have multiple stats -> http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cook...8Wildermore.29


    Also, the lvl75 White Puddings from Stangard rep have multi stat: Vitality and Crit Defence. I like these ones.
    Awesome advice, thanks Now I have an excuse to buy GR. Somehow it wasn't ever necessary before. I pretty much went there to dig up ore and fish. So cool to have something new to do there.

    I took a close look at the trail food specifically. I like the Wildermere better for anything but a Captain who I'm working on right now. I can't speak for him at level 95 but I suspect he will be wanting the +83 or the Helmingas superior food with Might only. The benefits are so heaped up on Might in that class that it's ridiculous. And he's not likely to be main tank. So glad you replied because I had not focused on this aspect yet.

    I do wish the T9 food were more exciting and less complex, but all these choices give cooking more dimension now. speaking of dimension, aren't cooks the only ones that don't get any output choices? None of "the output of this recipe can be chosen by the crafter" stuff for us, right? Or am I still missing some details?
    Last edited by gripply; Feb 02 2014 at 11:28 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload