We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 643
  1. #551
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Eisenberge
    Posts
    4,544
    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    ...
    2 Any patches planned before U14
    No, no patches planned prior to U14 for any reason.
    I think the question was slightly different.

    2 Is a localization patch planned before U14?

    Reason: Partially objects/tooltips/new quests of Update 13 are still not been translated. In the revised areas quest partly can not played without questtracker because questtexts reference to old locations/NPCs instead to the new places/NPCs.
    Last edited by Thodorin; May 26 2014 at 04:38 AM.

  2. #552
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,595
    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    I think that last run had the record for the most questions asked so far!

    Hey guys, so for the final run on Friday I am going to be doing the run as a horse. I hope others will join me and we can have a herd of horses to run with Hadacar (behind the group so as not to contribute too much to lag). Come on guys, if you have the RoR horse play quest access, get a horse ready for the final run!

    Come join the horse herd on Friday!
    I'd love to do that, Frick, but I'm not aware of a way to run anything outside of the daily session plays as a horse.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  3. #553
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    3,092
    Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    I'd love to do that, Frick, but I'm not aware of a way to run anything outside of the daily session plays as a horse.
    You would need the Herding to Trollshaws quest, or the Herding to Lone Lands quest, and join the group when it gets to that location. Of course, you would likely not make it all the way to Isengard unless it was an amazing run that took the lead. But it would still be fun. Alternately, if people prefer, we could go as chickens. That might be a bit more inclusive, since not everyone has the RoR horse play option.

  4. #554
    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    Q&A Hobbits to Isengard - Morthond

    [*]Will BB promo points be increased so we can spec out a tree
    As far as he knows not for U14, although he suggests making that suggestion in the forums.
    So does this mean that the alleged new big battle of U14 got scrapped? Or that any new big battle has zero medals to earn from? I take it then the U14 region will be a wildermore/fangorn type update (no new things to do apart from quests/dailies?)

  5. #555
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,595
    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    You would need the Herding to Trollshaws quest, or the Herding to Lone Lands quest, and join the group when it gets to that location. Of course, you would likely not make it all the way to Isengard unless it was an amazing run that took the lead. But it would still be fun. Alternately, if people prefer, we could go as chickens. That might be a bit more inclusive, since not everyone has the RoR horse play option.
    That's what I thought. Thanks and one day I guess I will open up Free Range Chicken on my adventuring alts.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  6. #556
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    3,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Trogdor_the_Burninator View Post
    So does this mean that the alleged new big battle of U14 got scrapped? Or that any new big battle has zero medals to earn from? I take it then the U14 region will be a wildermore/fangorn type update (no new things to do apart from quests/dailies?)
    I didn't see anything about a BB for U14. There's been no discussion of it anywhere. The producer's letter said new battle in 2014, but no discussion of when. If you want a bit more info on U14 - it's still early and they aren't talking about it much - Rowan did give some info in the Riddermark run. But like I said, U14 hasn't been talked about much so it's probably best to wait until there is more info rather than start rumours based on limited info.

  7. #557
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,595
    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    I didn't see anything about a BB for U14. There's been no discussion of it anywhere. The producer's letter said new battle in 2014, but no discussion of when. If you want a bit more info on U14 - it's still early and they aren't talking about it much - Rowan did give some info in the Riddermark run. But like I said, U14 hasn't been talked about much so it's probably best to wait until there is more info rather than start rumours based on limited info.
    Given what's been said; I don't think U14 will get a BB either. I don't expect a BB until we get U15 or 16 and I'm guessing U16.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  8. #558
    My guess, and perhaps it was even mentioned somewhere, is that it'll come with the Pelargir / Corsairs of Umbar update, which will probably be U15 and arrives late 2014. Which could mean that Level cap 100 has no real endgame, but 105 does.

    And of course, somewhere in between it was said that we'd make a detour to visit Frodo and Sam in the Marshes, but I don't expect a BB in that direction...

  9. #559
    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    Q&A Hobbits to Isengard - Firefoot

    Please note: I am paraphrasing here. Anything said here is coming through my interpretation of what was said, and is subject to being corrected, so don't take all this as the final word.

    If anyone who was present has any additions or corrections, feel free to post.

    Q&A Hobbits to Isengard - Firefoot
    Video available here.

    snip
    And nobody mentioned that getting the "Hobbits to Isengard" was one upped by getting a level 1 chicken(player character from a shire quest) to the steps a couple years ago and was more original?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000307b65/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  10. #560
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1971 View Post
    And nobody mentioned that getting the "Hobbits to Isengard" was one upped by getting a level 1 chicken(player character from a shire quest) to the steps a couple years ago and was more original?
    Yes, somebody have, at least twice in the Original "Hobbits to Isengard" thread by Sapience, probably elsewhere also.

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...93#post7065393
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...02#post7065502
    [center][img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3797/9452131083_d1d6d5f2fa_o.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Caileen - Bait, Consolida - Burg in the making[/center]

  11. #561
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1971 View Post
    And nobody mentioned that getting the "Hobbits to Isengard" was one upped by getting a level 1 chicken(player character from a shire quest) to the steps a couple years ago and was more original?
    Actually it has been pointed out any number of times that getting low level characters or chickens to various places isn't new. However, almost everyone who has commented also pointed out after the fact that doing it in a group, with a low level character that isn't actively helping keep themselves alive (once I put the leader on follow I almost never touch the keyboard for any reason and will not help avoid mobs, falls, deaths, or other issues), is much harder than just a few friends running a low level character (who is trying to stay alive and void things) to the same area.


    Also, as this was basically a player created event, I don't see where 'originality' means much. Players thought it was fun, and that seems to be the prevailing opinion almost 30 runs later.

  12. #562
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Thodorin View Post
    I think the question was slightly different.

    2 Is a localization patch planned before U14?

    Reason: Partially objects/tooltips/new quests of Update 13 are still not been translated. In the revised areas quest partly can not played without questtracker because questtexts reference to old locations/NPCs instead to the new places/NPCs.

    The answer was directed at the question asked. No reason means no reason. That includes localization issues. Those, along with any other issues, should likely be addressed in Update 14.


    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    Q&A Hobbits to Isengard - Morthond

    Please note: I am paraphrasing here. Anything said here is coming through my interpretation of what was said, and is subject to being corrected, so don't take all this as the final word.

    If anyone who was present has any additions or corrections, feel free to post.

    Q&A Hobbits to Isengard - Morthond
    Video available here.

    1. What is the timeline for the new chat channel
      U14. It’s in a dev build as /world. Other changes for U14 include: friends list will be growing – roughly doubling. They will also be increasing the size of the kinship message of the day.
    2. Any patches planned before U14
      No, no patches planned prior to U14 for any reason.
    3. Which part of the Hobbit story are you looking forward to seeing in the Battle of the 5 Armies
      The Battle of the 5 armies, actually. The standoff at the Gate. It’s one of his favourite parts of the book.
    4. Will the global channel be turned on when we login, or will we have to sign into it
      It will be active on login. You can disable it as well, just like any other channel. It will be an official channel.
    5. How many characters will message of the day be
      It’s at 80 right now and he thinks it’s going to be at 132/134 somewhere in there.
    6. Which update will have the first 5 level update
      He thinks that’s U14. Also, just to be clear, Beornings are not part of U14 – they will be coming later in the year.
    7. Will Beornings be definitely starting at level 50
      Yes, that is the current plan, to start them at level 50 somewhere around Moria.
    8. Is the dev who is working on the new item system around for a quick chat
      He is, but he won’t be able to tell us the things we will want to hear. That’s something that’s going to be put in front of the Player Council early next week. He’s going to have HoarseDev sit in on a livestream and show it off when they have a working dev build.
    9. Will the LI system be replaced or revamped
      Replaced, almost certainly not. Tweaks and adjustments are more likely.
    10. Question about the meeting with the licensor
      Rowan met with Middle Earth Enterprises at the end of last week. It went very well and they really liked all the things submitted to them. They were really supportive of and happy with the concept of Beornings and the direction of things, so we can look forward to things progressing along the lines of what’s been publicly stated in Rowan’s producer’s letters.
    11. Is there the possibility of Beornings start at level one, or have the option to do so
      Very unlikely.
    12. Do you ever get tempted to seed outrageous, untrue rumours and if so what’s your favourite
      No, there’s enough people doing that already without his help. He’s endlessly amused by some of the things that people suggest but generally speaking he doesn’t feel the need to contribute to that.
    13. Will BB promo points be increased so we can spec out a tree
      As far as he knows not for U14, although he suggests making that suggestion in the forums.
    14. Will you be coming to Weatherstock
      Actually, he’s trying to clear off his schedule for Weatherstock so he can jump in and livestream it on this channel. He hasn’t been able to lock it down yet so he’s not going to officially say he’s doing it until it’s finalized, but he’s trying.
    15. Questions about the Beorning
      More information on the Beorning will be shared closer to the time. He’s not going to say anything more beyond that they will be starting at level 50.
    16. When you get on a server and there is more than one group contending to lead the run, which do you join
      The first one that invites him, he joins. The only exception is when it ends up being one person and they don’t invite anyone else to join the raid, then he’ll drop and take the next group that invites him.
    17. Question about raids
      No plans for this raids next year. That hasn’t changed.
    18. Any plans to revamp the Rift
      No, because if they did so it would mean significant changes and it wouldn’t be the Rift we remember, and people would be upset. They have no plans on changing it.
    19. Request for a title for the winning group that takes him to Isengard
      They’re not going to do that, it’s not practical. More likely they will be turning on a festival or an XP weekend or something like that.
    20. If you do come to Weatherstock and stream it, will you please save it
      Yes, if he does manage to do it he will be saving it, probably putting it on the YouTube channel as well.
    21. Did you poke HoarseDev about traits/promotion tree swapping
      HoarseDev is back now, so once he’s settled in Sapience will be sitting down with him and going over all the suggestions and questions players have brought to him while HoarseDev was away.
    22. How many entries to the screenshot of the week can we make
      The contest is weekly but you can submit one every day, so you can have as many as 7 entries per week. They also stockpile them, so if you submitted something and it didn’t get chosen, it could be chosen in a later week.
    23. Thanks for doing these
      He thanks the players for showing up to these and making them what they are. If after the first couple runs people weren’t showing up to them, they probably would have stopped doing them. So the players actually power this stuff which is really great.
    24. Any changes to festival steeds so they are available off-season or bound to account
      That’s sort of multiple questions at the same time, although the answer to them as far as he knows at this point is no. The bound to account issue does come up from time to time and they do kind of talk it over.
    25. Questions about housing
      Rowan’s producer’s letter for U13 gave a good solid answer as to why they aren’t focusing on housing this year.
    26. When I submit a screenshot why doesn’t it go through
      When a screenshot is submitted it goes into a pending queue, they don’t display automatically. They are approved manually to ensure people aren’t submitting inappropriate content. They usually get approved once or twice a day.
    27. Sapience talks about how he’s trying to do more livestreams. Yesterday he hopped in and did an impromptu livestream as he power-leveled the hobbit for this run up to level 10.
    28. Why did you choose Sapience as your name
      It refers to a specific type of wisdom that makes people human. It’s the wisdom to use our knowledge in a way that makes us human and benefits humanity. So there’s a philosophical reason there that he won’t dig too deeply into. It’s kind of a reminder to himself that everyone is a person, not a name. Someone posts the definition into the chat: “ability to apply knowledge or experience or understanding or common sense and insight.” That was also a very large part of why he chose it.
    29. Question about create a cloak or create a horse contest
      Currently there is no such contest running. He keeps poking people to try to make one happen but there are a lot of moving parts to it. Mostly getting legal issues out of the way, especially across multiple continents, because we have to sign off at the end and say it’s theirs at the end. But he does keep poking at it.
    30. Question about kinship changes
      He’s not going to talk about the changes HoarseDev has said are coming later in the year. That’s all stuff that he wants HoarseDev to speak about himself, and they’re kind of at an earlier stage. Until they get fully worked out and fully realized he doesn’t want to say anything . He doesn’t want to steal HoarseDev’s thunder.
    31. What is your favourite hidden nugget in the game, and why
      He likes the sand castle in Evendim. He also likes the snowmen. Lore-wise he likes the Bilbo’s Buttons quest in Goblin Town because of its direct tie to the Hobbit. He also just likes Goblin Town because of its obvious references to other films, outside of the Lord of the Rings. There are a number of those in-game, by the way.
    32. Are we going to get pet ferrets
      No, but Rowan didn’t seem completely opposed to the idea. Not anytime soon, he doesn’t think.
    33. When will we hear more about the mysterious new item system
      When they get closer to actually getting it up and running in-game. He does want to get HoarseDev into the stream and talking about it himself. Right now he’s trying to get a roundtable livestream set up with some of the devs all in one place, talking on camera and having a conversation with us.
    34. Did you see the article about the long lost recording of the Professor talking about the meaning of Lord of the Rings
      Yes, and he’s very much looking forward to hearing what it is. He thinks there have been so many years of speculation and wild guesses and assumptions that it will be interesting to hear from his own mouth what he intended.
    35. Are there still Russian servers and if so do you have contact with them on a community level
      There are. He doesn’t have a lot of contact with them. From time to time players will reach out to him. They have their own forums and their own community manager because it is hosted by a different company.
    36. When will U14 come out
      They aren’t sharing a date just yet.
    37. What would you name all your pets
      He won’t go through the whole list. He tends to name any in-game pets after actual pets he’s had, especially if they’ve passed, just to keep them with him that way. He’s a softie.
    38. Will pets only be available during events and festivals like Hobnanigans
      For the time being yes, down the road they’ll probably look at other ways to bring them into the game. The huorns can be earned at any time.
    39. Are there plans for more events after each server has completed TTHTI
      Yes, we’re talking about doing a Gates of Moria to Gates of Caras Galhadon, something like that. He thinks he’ll spend a lot of time dead because there are so many cliffs, etc. He’s kicking around a few other ideas he doesn’t want to get into until he’s figured out the logistics of them. But something in Moria is seeming increasingly likely. After a break, if for no other reason than he needs to get 29 characters to level 50 and even with the Gift of the Valar it’s going to take some time.
    40. What’s your favourite LM pet
      His snowy lynx.
    41. Anything special planned for the final run next Friday
      No, he doesn’t want to do anything different because he wants to make sure all the runs are fair, and are the same. Maybe afterward we can go to Rivendell and party.
    42. Who’s employee of the month
      Good question. He doesn’t know.
    43. Will there be new pets for the Spring festival
      Yes, there are shrews. They’re currently in-game. Go play.
    44. Could you not wear an amusing hat for the final run
      He likes that idea and has something in mind he may wear.
    45. Will you ever play these hobbits again or will they just be left alone
      He’s not sure. He can probably find some way to use them again in the future. For Moria he wants to do Dwarves, since that seems more appropriate.
    46. Would you make special visits to some servers if you had a chance
      The whole point of doing things is to do things for everyone. One thing he may do for Extra Life is he’s promised that he’ll play in the Moors as a freep and in the Moors as a creep. He may select which server he does that on based on which server donates the most money. He may come up with a plan where servers can earn a hangout.
    47. Request to add new instruments to the list of things he pesters the devs about
      He can absolutely add that to the list, but it could take as long as the 5 years it took him to get Hobnanigans back. There are no plans to do anything to the music system right now.
    48. Which servers impressed you the most with how prepared they were
      Eldar, Vilya, Anduin – some servers clearly spent the time to organize, but there were some others that really stepped up and became hyper efficient after the death and did a good job of the second run. Evernight really did a great run after the death and had it been their first run they might be in the top 5 right now. Laurelin had some problems at the outset and really turned it around, too.
    49. What is the hardest boss you’ve experienced in LotRO
      Raina, after her hurling multiple Balrogs at his head during the Bullroarer run.
    50. Will the new class be a reason to revamp the starting regions or even get a new starting region like the Gladden fields
      No, because the class will be starting at level 50 and it won’t need a new low level starting area. It will be starting around Moria, which is already a level 50 area.
    51. Plug for VeryBeary’s Brockenborings Bars that she made for the team. Raina earlier was making the comment that she’s going to huff them because when you open the bag they really smell spectacular. Big thanks, the team was really happy to get them.
    52. Is there anything about LotRO that you don’t like
      Yes – the fact that there are only 24 hours in the day and he doesn’t get to play as much as he’d like to.
    53. Any idea who would make the best pie for the devs
      If you’re talking about who on the team could make the best pie, DeviledEgg makes awesome stuff, and HoarseDev is also a pretty fierce cook
    54. Clarification that they were talking about having a pie making contest for the devs
      That could be risky, as someone might be a little less than kind and make some interesting things. He thinks it might be better to have people submit their recipes and have the devs try and make them.
    55. Can you say why Beornings will probably be starting at level 50
      Because that’s the design decision that was made. There are probably other reasons, but that’s the one that he can think of that’s the most accurate.
    56. Have the devs made the cooking recipes from in-game and figured out which ones taste good
      No, but some of the players have. One thing that immediately comes to mind, a German kin called Riders of Lembas, who came to GamesCon one year and actually brought them lembas. It was fantastic. Broccoli is the name of the individual who did that.
    57. Question about whether employees ever voice NPCs
      Most of the in-game sounds are done by professional actors. Some Asheron’s Call stuff may have been done by employees, but most of LotRO stuff is done by voice actors.
    58. Can you share concept art from U14 or U15
      No. They will share stuff like that closer to the time.
    59. Have you ever voiced any characters
      No, he has not. He’s done one piece of voiceover for the company, but it was an internal project. Very dry and boring, straight-up voiceover.
    60. What are your thoughts about the game Shadow of Mordor
      From what he’s seen it looks very cool. He knows the community manager for that game, but he hasn’t talked to him about it. He did throw the Shadow of Mordor trailer up on the Facebook page if you want to check it out. It links back to their page. It looks like a very cool game and he’s going to be pre-ordering it.
    61. Suggestion to, instead of a marker, have an NPC that Sapience voices, warning people not to fall off the Bridge of Hobbit Doom
      He likes the idea. Doesn’t think they’ll get very far with it, but he likes the idea.
    62. How many meetings do you have each day
      Depends on the day. Mondays are usually bad, Fridays are so-so, Wednesdays are so-so, Tuesdays are usually wide open. But it also depends on what’s going on. The closer they get to releases, the meetings start to pile up. He meets with the team once a day, sometimes twice a day, of actual scheduled meetings. Then they do what they call drive-bys – he’ll walk by Rowan’s desk or HoarseDev will come by his desk, or he’ll go sit with Jinjaah and talk about something players are talking about. Structured and casual meetings are two different things, but they take up a good chunk of the day.
    63. Someone commented that he needs to go to Central America – like, Oklahoma
      He was thinking that he’d love to go to Brazil or Peru… Oklahoma. If you guys tone down the tornadoes a bit out there, he’ll think about it.
    64. How do you work in the games industry and what do you need to know in terms of schooling
      Don’t think that to be in the games industry, you have to know how to make games. The games industry employs accountants, marketing people, PR people, lawyers, people whose job it is to take care of the building. Getting into the games industry doesn’t always mean you have to be a programmer, or you have to be a great artist. For example, his background is in mass communications, journalism and broadcasting. All of those skills play into what he does, and he doesn’t make the game. The devs make the game. They have content designers who write all the quest text, place all the various items where they need to be, they have world builders who build the world, they have artists who create the art that the world builders use. People get into the mindset that they have to be programmers to get into the games industry but it’s just not true. Find a skillset that you excel at and you can probably find a related job in the industry.
    65. How many people does the dev team consist of
      That’s hard to say because they tend to take people out and plug people in depending on what they’re working in, plus they have an awful lot of shared resources. For example, they may have UI guys working on something specific to LotRO that aren’t technically part of the LotRO team, or they may have engineers working on the engine and the engine team is technically its own team. So there is a pretty large group of people who sort of float in and out of what you’d consider working on LotRO.
    66. Question about voiceover work for games
      There are definitely people who do professional voiceover work for games. He can think of a couple of people whose resumes consist of commercial voiceovers, and stuff in games.
    67. Question about music submissions for the game
      They actually don’t seek out musical submissions for the game, sorry.
    68. What are the requirements for becoming a GM – do they speak German or are they using translate software
      They do have native-speaking German GMs. For English speaking GMs the first requirement is that you live in Boston. For the French and German that is not the case – they live in Europe. The requirements vary depending on what you’re applying for, English, French or German. Jobs do show up from time to time on the website. Generally if you’re looking for a GM job it will show up as Customer Service, or In-game Support. You need to live in Boston for 99.999% of jobs at Turbine.
    69. Do you have GMs available 24/7
      Yes, they do.
    70. Is the game industry hard to break into
      It’s like with anything in the entertainment industry – the teams tend to be small and people tend to move around a lot within that. It is tough. A lot of it is firmly based on skillset, ability and talent, like any entertainment type position.
    71. What is the biggest change you’ve noticed since being acquired by WB
      They have a really nice office now.
    72. Any changes for war steeds due to their speeds
      Not that he’s aware of. If you’re headed toward a wall or fence, turn.
    73. Question about GMs helping with bugs
      GMs cannot help with bugs. You need to submit a bug report, which enters it into a bug tracking system. Bug reports do not get a response, they are reports.
    74. Will you all be gone on Monday
      Most of the team will be gone. There will be some GMs still available, but he will be gone. It’s Memorial Day holiday for them.
    75. There will be downtime on Tuesday, it’s a maintenance downtime, hardware downtime in the back end. Not an update, not a patch, no changes will be made to the game.
    76. Who made the skies in LotRO
      He doesn’t know who specifically is responsible for the skies in LotRO – that’s all part of the world builder team. They make the world go round.

    Good job as always.
    I just want to expand on #64, jobs in the industry.

    There are IT people for the games, plus IT people for the office. So you have two different skill sets there. You have Database people, desktop people, server people, networking people, and pretty much any kind of IT professional you can think of in a business setting we have. Also worth noting is I worked in IT for 15 years with a focus on Networking and Server Architecture. Despite being "the same", the skill set is actually a little different in an MMO because big, connected, persistent worlds are crazy things to deal with. I'm glad I'm not doing it.


    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    I think that last run had the record for the most questions asked so far!

    Hey guys, so for the final run on Friday I am going to be doing the run as a horse. I hope others will join me and we can have a herd of horses to run with Hadacar (behind the group so as not to contribute too much to lag). Come on guys, if you have the RoR horse play quest access, get a horse ready for the final run!

    Come join the horse herd on Friday!
    I'm really worried about this. I'm not sure what impact they will have on performance and thus lag and the run. Not to mention there are bound to be those who see it as an invitation to use their mounts. Could make things VERY bad.
    Last edited by Sapience; May 27 2014 at 12:19 PM.

  13. #563
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    1. Question about raids
      No plans for new raids next year. That hasn’t changed.
    It was question 17. Forgive me I haven't been following the discussion in great detail, but the last I read there were no new raid or instances for 2014. Has this now been expanded to included 2015 as well?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000006e11e/01001/signature.png]Dwimbli[/charsig]

  14. #564
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    3,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerog View Post
    It was question 17. Forgive me I haven't been following the discussion in great detail, but the last I read there were no new raid or instances for 2014. Has this now been expanded to included 2015 as well?
    That was definitely an error. An unfortunate one - no rumours, please!! I can't believe both Sapience and I missed that. I've corrected it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I'm really worried about this. I'm not sure what impact they will have on performance and thus lag and the run. Not to mention there are bound to be those who see it as an invitation to use their mounts. Could make things VERY bad.
    Yeah, we're talking about using chickens instead.

  15. #565
    We took a lv 27-28ish from Trollshaws to Helms Deep then to Edoras then to Snowborn then to Stangard then to Lorien. We quit (with Screenshots) when we got to lorien, but I wonder if the 1st hall door would have rejected the lv 27ish...

    Toughest part was West and East Rohan with all the Mounted mobs...
    Ararax

  16. #566
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    That was definitely an error. An unfortunate one - no rumours, please!! I can't believe both Sapience and I missed that. I've corrected it.
    I probably missed it because we've answered it so many times for this year in so many places and in different ways (for the next year, for the coming year, for 2014, etc. etc. ).

    And no, you should not take this to mean there are definitely raids coming next year. I will, as always, refer to Aaron's producers letter and to JWBarry's comments on the matter.

  17. #567
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    3,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I probably missed it because we've answered it so many times for this year in so many places and in different ways (for the next year, for the coming year, for 2014, etc. etc. ).
    Yeah, that's probably why I missed it too. It comes up every run in some form or another, so it's easy to skim past.

  18. #568
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I probably missed it because we've answered it so many times for this year in so many places and in different ways (for the next year, for the coming year, for 2014, etc. etc. ).

    And no, you should not take this to mean there are definitely raids coming next year. I will, as always, refer to Aaron's producers letter and to JWBarry's comments on the matter.
    I understand that Sapience, but a confirmation of no instances or raids for an additional year (which would be read as ever at this point) and the hope, no matter how thin, that we will get the group content we desire is all that the few remaining raiders have left to hang on at this point.

    Thank you for correcting the typo.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000006e11e/01001/signature.png]Dwimbli[/charsig]

  19. #569
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    The answer was directed at the question asked. No reason means no reason. That includes localization issues. Those, along with any other issues, should likely be addressed in Update 14.





    Good job as always.
    I just want to expand on #64, jobs in the industry.

    There are IT people for the games, plus IT people for the office. So you have two different skill sets there. You have Database people, desktop people, server people, networking people, and pretty much any kind of IT professional you can think of in a business setting we have. Also worth noting is I worked in IT for 15 years with a focus on Networking and Server Architecture. Despite being "the same", the skill set is actually a little different in an MMO because big, connected, persistent worlds are crazy things to deal with. I'm glad I'm not doing it.




    I'm really worried about this. I'm not sure what impact they will have on performance and thus lag and the run. Not to mention there are bound to be those who see it as an invitation to use their mounts. Could make things VERY bad.
    Sapience, you're talking about Nimrodel here. Expect craziness.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  20. #570
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    Sapience, you're talking about Nimrodel here. Expect craziness.
    True. This whole Hobbits thing was their idea!

  21. #571
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    608
    Even if the consensus was to switch to chickens instead of horses, I'd still love to get on a horse and join for the portions that I could!

    Eodread, Earendel, Isilmacil - Horizon
    Thattickles, Thangorodread - Table Smashers


  22. #572
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...
    Posts
    2,018

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Isilmacil View Post
    Even if the consensus was to switch to chickens instead of horses, I'd still love to get on a horse and join for the portions that I could!
    I was given a couple hardy Thanks from folks on Elendilmir after I ran my horse session plays alongside thru Eregion and Dunland. (Dangit, I transferred all my recent screenies off the HD. Or I'd add it to this post.) I wasn't sure how it'd be received, but I hadn't gotten any, "dude you lagged out our Hadacar!" So I would think a few to spice up things is spiffy. Since they all look exactly alike, I wouldn't reckon them to be too much of a load. Where as every freep has 6-7 different pieces of armour on, depending on tobbles. (Turn off hats, cloaks, shoulders, shoes, gloves. You could be down to only 2 armours loading. Maybe one. I'm not sure if leggings load at all, if they are covered by a single robe. Sorry... me thinking out loud again.) Now I may just have incentive to come visit yer server Eo, to roll a horsie. <3
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

    Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

  23. #573
    Quote Originally Posted by ararax2 View Post
    We took a lv 27-28ish from Trollshaws to Helms Deep then to Edoras then to Snowborn then to Stangard then to Lorien. We quit (with Screenshots) when we got to lorien, but I wonder if the 1st hall door would have rejected the lv 27ish...
    I traveled as a chicken to the Eastern entrance of Moria, and was refused entry... but the error I got was: "Session players cannot enter." That doesn't answer whether a lowbie could make it through. Sure did dash my hopes of taking my chicken to the 21st Hall, though.

  24. #574
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozalinde View Post
    I traveled as a chicken to the Eastern entrance of Moria, and was refused entry... but the error I got was: "Session players cannot enter." That doesn't answer whether a lowbie could make it through. Sure did dash my hopes of taking my chicken to the 21st Hall, though.
    Your chicken would have to do the book quest to gain entry. In the words of Gandalf, "You shall not pass!"
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

  25. #575
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Your chicken would have to do the book quest to gain entry. In the words of Gandalf, "You shall not pass!"
    I knew one had to do the book quest to gain entry from the West side... but a small part of me was still hoping one could sneak in from the East side. Ah well. XD

 

 
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload