We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 643
  1. #401
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,463
    Thanks again FM!

    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post

    Any new VIP perks being discussed

    They’re always talking about how to improve the VIP service, so there are definitely always discussions going on, but nothing set in stone yet.

    How about being able to access your vault from anywhere? It would work along the same lines as the mailbox revamp for VIPs.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TN+Germany
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    Thanks again FM!



    How about being able to access your vault from anywhere? It would work along the same lines as the mailbox revamp for VIPs.
    There is an item in the LOTRO Store where you can get the vault service everywhere within an hour. 50 or 75 TP I think. And VIPs can just use their monthly points for that.

    Or they take it as a new perk, the algorithm is existing with the shop item, so it might take not thaaaat long like other implemented perks.

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Orodbril View Post
    There is an item in the LOTRO Store where you can get the vault service everywhere within an hour. 50 or 75 TP I think. And VIPs can just use their monthly points for that.

    Or they take it as a new perk, the algorithm is existing with the shop item, so it might take not thaaaat long like other implemented perks.
    Forgot about the store item to be honest. But if it can be implemented for VIP players as a UI button/menu option that can always be accessed then that's really another incentive for F2P/Premium account holders to subscribe. I don't know if this store item is particularly successful, but it can always remain a store item for those without anywhere access.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

  4. #404
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TN+Germany
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    Forgot about the store item to be honest. But if it can be implemented for VIP players as a UI button/menu option that can always be accessed then that's really another incentive for F2P/Premium account holders to subscribe. I don't know if this store item is particularly successful, but it can always remain a store item for those without anywhere access.
    That's what I meant with the second paragraph. So it could be a comparably fast created VIP perk while all others have to pay for it. The latter I forgot to write in the post before.

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    Q&A Hobbits to Isengard - Sirannon

    Rowan – The other part that they’re thinking about right now – part of the pitch for it – and this isn’t confirmed yet, is to start it at an advanced level, like level 50.

    Rowan – That’s kind of what they’re thinking, because the Beorning homeland is kind of between Dale and the Misty Mountains, so the Misty Mountains seem like a reasonable place to start.
    No, No, No, No, *NO*

    We should be able to play it from level 1, and enjoy the full experience of the game (on-level) on this class like everything else.

    If Mirkwood Elves, Men of Dale, Rohan and Gondor and Dwarves from everywhere but the blue mountains can manage to start in the starter regions at level 1 instead of vaguely near their homeland, so can Beornings.

    Really hope this idea doesn't make it off the drawing board.
    [SIZE=3][b]Leader of [COLOR="#FFD700"]The Rangers of Eriador[/COLOR], Snowbourn[/b][/SIZE]
    [color=#00BF00]Brya, Balthelion, Fyore, Iarngard, Madic, Eoradain, Trystana, Pendalas, Kharmul, Arkunir, Holibrand, Tifridh, Freawyn, Adlanniel, Tiraniel, Lilija, Theda[/color]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0szyANQhriMn42fCDdke1EMAOcdzmr9v"]Let's Play LOTRO (YouTube Series)[/URL] ~ [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?461498-The-Rangers-of-Eriador"]Kin Info/Recruitment[/URL]

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Brya View Post
    No, No, No, No, *NO*

    We should be able to play it from level 1, and enjoy the full experience of the game (on-level) on this class like everything else.

    If Mirkwood Elves, Men of Dale, Rohan and Gondor and Dwarves from everywhere but the blue mountains can manage to start in the starter regions at level 1 instead of vaguely near their homeland, so can Beornings.

    Really hope this idea doesn't make it off the drawing board.
    Personally, the ideal solution would be for the Beorning to have a starter zone in their homeland and then end up in Bree, either (depending on the size of the starter zone) for the start of Volume 1, which would make the most sense to me (though would be the most work as they'd have to create the same amount of quests as early-Breeland or Ered Luin or the Shire have, or at the start of the man prologue (which would allow them to choose which prologue they did). But if it means that we get a new region out of it, I'd happily accept them starting at level 50 if that was considered necessary.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    Thanks again FM!



    How about being able to access your vault from anywhere? It would work along the same lines as the mailbox revamp for VIPs.
    I'd really like to access a vendor to sell stuff anywhere in the world.

  8. #408
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TN+Germany
    Posts
    1,148
    For all the German fellows here: Beginning with Sirannon, there will be a German translation of the Notes in the Hobbit-Runs and future Livestreams in the German forum.

    Orodbril

    PS. At the moment Sirannon is finished with translating while Firefoot is at the ready. I'll participate tomorrow in the Maiar[DE] run as it is my own server, so I hope I'll get the translation done tomorrow or on Saturday.

  9. #409
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    Q&A Hobbits to Isengard - Firefoot

    Please note: I am paraphrasing here. Anything said here is coming through my interpretation of what was said, and is subject to being corrected, so don't take all this as the final word.

    If anyone who was present has any additions or corrections, feel free to post.

    Q&A Hobbits to Isengard - Firefoot
    Video available here.

    1. Question about the secret meeting Sapience just said he was in
      Really high level meeting on what can be done to replace the lottery system. Don’t expect anything soon, but it’s being discussed and hasn’t been forgotten.
    2. Does zooming out the view contribute to lag
      It does, but not as much as being on a mounts, wearing cloaks, etc. because those things are animated and contribute to load.
    3. Question about cosmetic pets hinted at in the BR 13.1 patch notes
      He won’t give any details, but he will say that the huorns are just the start. More cosmetic pets will be coming, along with more ways to earn them.
    4. Sapience mentions that the new BR installer is ready for download and use.
    5. There's a thread on the forums about an Orders tab for the auction house. Can you comment on how feasible this is
      He isn’t an engineer and so can’t comment on the feasibility of things like that.
    6. Suggestion about adding a tombstone near the bridge where Hadacar often dies
      He loves this idea, he's going to have to bug someone about it.
    7. Question about yule map, where does it take you
      [After some discussion it’s made clear that those old maps take you to Winterhome, but there’s no one there and no quests active. You can take a stable horse from there to Bree or other starter towns. – Frick]
    8. When is the date for the next festival
      Spring festival – soon, probably after 13.1, which is coming really soon. There is a date, he just doesn’t know off the top of his head.
    9. Question about horses being dismounted in water during festival races
      Standard mounts should dismount in water, it's a water hazard. but if you feel it’s not behaving properly, /bug it.
    10. Question about the new class
      It’s a Beorning, they will be able to turn into a bear, and they’ll be talking about it more later in the year. There is a little bit of information that has been shared about it, and Rowan mentioned in the last livestream that they are considering a level 50 start for that class. But beyond that he can’t really discuss it. Those conversations will happen closer to the time.
    11. Question about Sapience being involved in an Extra Life Boston guild
      Yes, he’s a part of that guild. Turbine also has its own team and he’s the captain of that team as well.
    12. Question about crafting icons
      He doesn’t know, he knows it’s on the list, but the list is long and there are higher priorities ahead of it on the list.
    13. Is there a specific release date for Hobnanigans
      Not at the moment. Probably sooner rather than later. It’s close, but they are still doing some tweaks. If they can get it in for 13.1 they will, but it’s more important that everything is working properly than that it get in quicker.
    14. Can LotRO players join Team Turbine for Extra Life
      Yes, you can, and you can still play for your local hospital but the total will be added to the team’s result. If you want him to get a tattoo you will have to donate directly on his page, but you can still join Team Turbine as well and help with the team total.
    15. What is the tattoo
      The Extra Life logo on shoulder or arm, if we help him raise $100,000.
    16. Would it be your first tattoo
      Yes, it would.
    17. How come we never see GMs or mods playing an active role in the game
      Their role is to help with in-game issues, not to be interactive in the game.
    18. Have any discussions come about for getting the Fashion Maven titles back in the game
      He’s trying to find a way that doesn’t rely on the in-game event – screenshot contests, etc.
    19. Will we do a revisit to Bullroarer at the end of this year’s hobbit runs
      Hadn’t thought of it, but that could be fun.
    20. Will horseplay ever be available for all players or purchasable in the store
      It was intended to be an exclusive for pre-orders, so he thinks not, but never say never.
    21. Are there plans to open new areas a few days early for the VIP players as was done a long time ago
      He hasn’t heard anything that would lead him to believe that would happen
    22. Any new VIP perks being discussed
      They’re always talking about how to improve the VIP service, so there are definitely always discussions going on, but nothing set in stone yet.
    23. Will mail in the wild ever become something available in store
      It was developed especially as a VIP perk, so he highly doubts it
    24. Anything at stake in these runs
      It’s just bragging rights. He may try to get something turned on for a day or two – a festival or lootbox weekend or something – but for now it’s just bragging rights.
    25. What about treasure hunts, can we turn those on soon
      He doesn’t know but he’ll pass the request along
    26. Can you give us any information on the size of the landmass coming with U14
      When it gets closer to U14 they’ll be able to talk about that stuff, but right now the focus is on U13.1
    27. Question about how catapults might be implemented in the Moors
      He’d recommend directing that question to Jinjaah in the forums
    28. Have you had the chance to play Infinite Crisis, if so do you recommend it to someone who’s never played a MOBA
      He does. There are a lot of helpful players, and the IC staff plays a lot, and sometimes you can jump into the game. So it’s a good place to start if you haven’t played a MOBA before. Especially if you’re a DC fan because who doesn’t want to be Batman, and different versions of Batman? Or if you’re a pro – he would recommend it to pros as well, there are a lot of pro teams.
    29. How often do you play LOTRO on your personal account for fun? Does playing it seem like work
      He plays more often than people think, but not as often as he’d like. It doesn’t seem like work to him unless he pays a lot of attention to GLFF.
    30. Does your job require you to play
      No, but he came to the job because he played the game a lot.
    31. What do you love most about your job
      Meeting and interacting with players online and IRL. Seeing a change that he’s championed for awhile finally end up in the game. But for everyone on the team, their favourite thing is always meeting with other players.
    32. Would you make a tour of the office with interviews with the devs
      It’s been suggested before. It’s not outside the realm of possibility, but the challenge is logistical in getting everyone on camera and getting it filmed and edited without it taking forever.
    33. Do you know if the character models for male elves is still being tweaked
      Not that he’s aware of.
    34. Question about auto-fellowing mentioned in the U13.1 notes
      You can mark someone to auto-fellow and if they mark you, you both will automatically be put in a fellowship as long as you're both eligible to be in a fellowship.
    35. Any discussion about downscaling
      jwbarry actually recently said that it’s harder to do than upscaling, and there are a lot of things that can go wrong with it. So it’s not something they are currently looking at. But that doesn’t mean they’ll never consider it or never do it, it’s just not something they are currently working on.
    36. What headset are you using
      It’s a Tritton headset, full surround. Really nice, comfortable headset. They’ve given them away at IRL player events in the past.
    37. In the 13.1 Notes on BR there is no mention of the Quieting quest bug
      Its absence from the BR notes doesn’t mean it will be absent from the final U13.1 release. One of the engineers mentions later on in the stream that it appears to have been fixed and will be in U13.1 release.
    38. Question about giving away headsets
      That might be a way to get more people in the stream – to have some giveaways. He’ll think about that.
    39. Sapience comments on how many women play LotRO and how he thinks that’s great, and the more women in gaming there are, that’s a great thing for the industry as a whole.
    40. Are there going to be more epic battles available with the next update, or are you only updating the current ones
      Not sure whether there will be any updates or changes to the system in the next update, but you shouldn’t look for a new battle until later in the year
    41. Question about having a “voice this character” contest
      He can’t go into it too deeply, but there are issues with voice actors, and limitations they have to work within, so that’s probably not something they could do.
    42. Have there been occasions where players contribute to content through contests
      Yes, in the form of items. Players have contributed cloak designs and other things. The Wig-feld cloak, which drops in the Rift, was player designed. There are a couple of festival mounts that were player designed. The Cremello steed was originally player designed, and they tweaked the colors a bit to match with each of the Pax East and Pax West shows, to match the color schemes of the shows they were given out at. But the original design was player-created.
    43. Will the One Fund cloak ever be dyeable
      No. It was specifically designed to match the One Fund for Boston Marathon victims.
    44. Will there be other forms for Beorning besides bear
      Not likely, but it’s too early to talk about that in any detail.
    45. Question about level 95 armour sets
      No word on that
    46. Any chance for a war goat
      No plans for a war goat, sorry
    47. Can we get a combine all button for relics
      It’s been suggested to the team, but he has no other information about it.
    48. Do Turbine employees each have their own work computer and desk
      Yes, everyone has their own machine. Some of the devs have two machines. He shares a desk area with the ecommerce manager so can get quick answers on store-related questions. Everyone is in a good proximity to communicate with each other.
    49. Will you continue to support mounted combat
      He would be very surprised indeed if they ever stopped supporting mounted combat.
    50. Question about changing the look of legendary weapons
      He isn’t aware of any plans to do so, but he thinks it’s a good suggestion to bring to the forums, and the devs will take a look at it.
    51. Question about making a proper fat lady character
      Suggestions like that should be made in the suggestions forums
    52. If you could plant an Easter Egg in the game for any major fandom what would it be
      An equippable browncoat from Firefly that was cosmetic. Since he’s not in charge of adding things like that, we’re probably safe from an invasion of browncoats. Since there are so many Lord of the Rings references in Big Bang Theory that it might be appropriate to have something from that show. Based on comments from people in chat he concludes that perhaps the best thing would be a quest that rewards a housing item that allows you to play the “Soft Kitty” song from the show in your house.
    53. Is there any one thing brought up by the 2013 PC that you wish could be implemented but know it can't be
      There’s a long list of stuff that was suggested, so picking one thing would be hard. All the suggestions and conversations have been archived, so it’s possible that something might still come out of those discussions. But to answer the question – he can’t think of anything off the top of his head.
    54. Will there be actual endgame raids and group content something unlocked via grouping and not accessible by the casuals
      He could get into a big discussion about what constitutes a “casual” but that’s not the point of the question. Anytime you tell a player “you can’t play this regardless of whether you paid for it or not” it’s not a good idea. So no, he doesn’t think that’s a good idea.
    55. The person clarifies that they just mean will there be any new raids
      No, that’s been made pretty clear with EP Aaron “Rowan” Campbell’s producer’s letter and many times been reiterated by the team.
    56. Is there a release timeframe for the new class and U14
      Yes to both, but he can’t share those dates. Also, they’re separate things, and are not on the same timeframe.
    57. Can Devs make players bow to them
      Not unless they are captains. Devs don’t have any special forced emotes.
    58. Does this event take place every year
      The event is new this year. Some players have asked that it return. Which he thinks is a great idea.
    59. Is there really a LOTRO "jail" to send trouble-some trolls
      Yes there really is an in game jail GMs can send you to. There is actually a jail. Like you cannot get out of it until they release you. No maps, no ports, no summons. You stay until they let you go. Assuming they let you go. And if you log out, the next time you log in...still in jail.
    60. Is it ever used to discipline trolls?
      It has been in the past, yes.

    Looks good to me!

  10. #410
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,780
    #9. Question about horses being dismounted in water during festival races. Answer: Standard mounts should dismount in water, it's a water hazard. but if you feel it’s not behaving properly, /bug it.
    I believe what the questioner is getting at is, during a horse race, if your horse falls into the water it is supposed to put a "slow" on your horse, but if you jump across the wooden boards correctly, you get a speed boost to your race horse.

    However, the water often dismounts you due to the common occurrence in all regions of the "puddle dismount bug" where a horse dismounts you just by putting its toe in shallow water of any type. I see it happen to players every day trying to cross the partially covered roads along the entwash inside Entwood. War-steed approached shallow water, warsteed touches shallow water, player auto-dismounted.

    This bug affects normal steeds, war-steeds, and now race-horses and has been around basically since RoR's release without being addresses completely. It could be a client/server steed location handle problem, not sure, but it certainly is very annoying to everyone who experiences it on live.

    I believe I've personally bugged it before a few times over the last few years, hard to tell though because we can't track our submitted bug reports, and the e-mails we get as receipts only contain the bug ticket number instead of any information we submitted, which also can't be viewed in game through the reporting feature for bugs.

    Just wanted to provide some clarification.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

  11. #411
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TN+Germany
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    Q&A Hobbits to Isengard - Firefoot

    Please note: I am paraphrasing here. Anything said here is coming through my interpretation of what was said, and is subject to being corrected, so don't take all this as the final word.

    If anyone who was present has any additions or corrections, feel free to post.

    7. Question about yule map, where does it take you
    [After some discussion it’s made clear that those old maps take you to Winterhome, but there’s no one there and no quests active. You can take a stable horse from there to Bree or other starter towns. – Frick]

    There is actually one person there, cleaning the whole area with a broom.

    That picture is from January 22nd after this year's Yule festival:




  12. #412
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Danchir View Post
    A logical explanation for why more and more rewards get RNG-based in the context of 'rarity', 'effort', 'gameplay' etc. does not and can not exist.
    I'd understand if one such primitive loot system is easy to implement on the tech side and this justifies it, but every other 'explanation' is sand in the face.
    It really is easier basically. Alternative systems are either hard to implement or are just as unacceptable to a different group of players.
    Ie, it could keep track of how long you've been trying and slowly increase probability as you work at it; however this means tracking this for many different types of drops for every character and saving/restoring when logging off. Alternative systems like collecting barter tokens and the like are not that popular with many characters, even though a different category of player loves that idea. That's why games tend to use a variety of methods for rewards.

    On the other hand, these cosmetic pets can just be treated as random gifts, if you get one then that's great, if you don't get one then it's not a big deal. Same as winning the lottery where you don't want to base your retirement plan on that. Especially if Turbine wants to make these rare you certainly don't want to see every player with one.

  13. #413
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Namesse View Post
    Interesting that they've made a cosmetic pet harder to get than a game-enhancing First Age. I would have preferred that FA be the rare item, not a cosmetic, but that's just me.
    One problem is that good gear is not considered to be a lucky bonus but is treated by many players as must have essential items. This is across most MMOs and not just this one. That's why things like Moria had a collectible barter system with watcher tokens, to ensure that it wasn't just random.

  14. #414
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    That's why things like Moria had a collectible barter system with watcher tokens, to ensure that it wasn't just random.
    And to me that's why it's a much better system than the RNG we have now. The RNG as it stands doesn't work to reward people on any kind of consistent or measurable basis. There's too much random in the number generator.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

  15. #415
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    902
    Nice infos from the latest run on Majar:
    http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/b/525165930
    Suggestions: Tasks [URL="http://goo.gl/rt4M5"]en[/URL]|[URL="http://goo.gl/BBbhC"]de[/URL]

  16. #416
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    I believe what the questioner is getting at is, during a horse race, if your horse falls into the water it is supposed to put a "slow" on your horse, but if you jump across the wooden boards correctly, you get a speed boost to your race horse.

    However, the water often dismounts you due to the common occurrence in all regions of the "puddle dismount bug" where a horse dismounts you just by putting its toe in shallow water of any type. I see it happen to players every day trying to cross the partially covered roads along the entwash inside Entwood. War-steed approached shallow water, warsteed touches shallow water, player auto-dismounted.

    This bug affects normal steeds, war-steeds, and now race-horses and has been around basically since RoR's release without being addresses completely. It could be a client/server steed location handle problem, not sure, but it certainly is very annoying to everyone who experiences it on live.

    I believe I've personally bugged it before a few times over the last few years, hard to tell though because we can't track our submitted bug reports, and the e-mails we get as receipts only contain the bug ticket number instead of any information we submitted, which also can't be viewed in game through the reporting feature for bugs.

    Just wanted to provide some clarification.
    This, and while my memory is very fuzzy, I think it might have happened to me once on a stable-mount. -.-
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  17. #417
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    3,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Schinderhannes View Post
    Nice infos from the latest run on Majar:
    http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/b/525165930
    The transcript for that run will be up soon.

  18. #418
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    The transcript for that run will be up soon.
    I really can't stress enough how great this thread has been.

    Thanks again for all the hard work on this, Frickin.


    Even my Signature is trolling!

  19. #419
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    S Korea
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post

    I recognize that other people want a different mechanic for this, but at least it's been made clear that other pets will be made available in other ways.

    Yes, it's my guess that the acquisition of these pets has been made deliberately frustrating to build up anticipation. A lot of people are going to want these when they hit the store. It's nothing we haven't seen before.

  20. #420
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    3,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Radbug View Post
    Yes, it's my guess that the acquisition of these pets has been made deliberately frustrating to build up anticipation. A lot of people are going to want these when they hit the store. It's nothing we haven't seen before.
    They've repeatedly said that there will be multiple ways of getting these pets via in-game content. They have also directly stated that these are not intended for the store:

    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    • How do we get our new cosmetic pets
      Aaron – It’s all about gameplay right now. They are rolling them out in pieces. Some of them are coming out now, others will be coming later. None are intended for the store at this point, they are intended for quest rewards and gameplay rewards. They may add bonuses and bundles later to the store, but not in the short term.

  21. #421
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    3,092

    Q&A Hobbits to Isengard - Maiar

    Q&A Hobbits to Isengard - Maiar

    Please note: I am paraphrasing here. Anything said here is coming through my interpretation of what was said, and is subject to being corrected, so don't take all this as the final word.

    If anyone who was present has any additions or corrections, feel free to post.

    Q&A Hobbits to Isengard - Maiar
    Video available here.

    Guest for this run - EP Aaron "Rowan" Campbell

    Update 13.1 will be out on Monday May 5, with lots of things coming in that, including a fix for the quieting quests bug. There are also tweaks for expanding the cosmetic pets system, a sort feature for inventory, updates to mail so you can drag and drop attachments into a message without having to hit the slots. So some good stuff coming up on Monday.

    1. If 13.1 is coming out on Monday, does that mean we get Spring festival next week
      No, Spring festival will be coming toward the end of May. He doesn’t have a date, but when he does he will let us know.
      They may have something else for us next week, but he won’t say what right now.
    2. Question about cosmetic pets
      He can’t really get too detailed in discussing the thought process moving forward with cosmetic pets, or go to deep into the feedback they ‘ve had so far, mainly because the team is still distilling it all, and actively considering how much of it they can implement.
    3. Will there be an update 13.2, or is the next update 14
      Right now that’s hard to say. It’s not set in stone whether there will be other updates before 14. Generally speaking, point releases tend to be small, so if you’re expecting anything big in terms of content between now and 14, not likely. Point releases tend to contain bug fixes and that sort of thing.
    4. Will U13.1 have a fix for the French and German maps
      Yes, it will. He checked on it and they will definitely be in for 13.1 on Monday.
    5. Question about the 2 level increases for this year
      He knows there’s been some discussion among the players about the increases, but the team has not reconsidered them. They are still planned.
    6. Question about the new lottery system
      There has only been very high level discussion about it so far, no concrete plans yet. He will keep us updated when he has more info on it.
    7. Question about gear and LIs for level cap increase
      He doesn’t know any specifics on that, about how many armour sets are planned, how gear will be handled, etc. with the level cap increase. He thinks there’s probably still some discussion happening over it.
    8. What time is the update on Monday
      Updates tend to be done in the morning, and up into lunchtime EST. About 4 hours of downtime is what they expect.
    9. Is it difficult to get into game companies as a creative or screenwriter
      If you are talking about an actual screenwriter, probably. He knows that game companies are always looking for good writers to write storyline, to write quests, etc. They have a couple of really great writers who are published authors who write all the storyline and a fair amount of the quest text, and are very deep in the lore. He won’t say if it’s any more difficult than any other job. It’s just as competitive.
    10. Any plans to turn on the treasure hunt anytime soon
      Every time he looks around to ask the person who’s in charge of that stuff, he’s not around. Not that he’s aware of. He knows they’ve got other stuff planned. So it probably won’t be any time this month. But he’ll double-check and make sure he gets it posted up.
    11. Can you turn your camera around so we can get a view of what you see from your desk
      He thinks people will be disappointed because mostly it’s just a bunch of stuff on his desk. He turns the camera around, shows that on his desk he has the award they won awhile back for Most Passionate Fan Base, some aviation stuff some Lord of the Rings figures, some Lord of the Rings Pez, a Rohan banner in the rafters.
    12. What animal are you most hoping to see as a cosmetic pet
      He plays a LM so he has the pet he really likes – the small turtle. To comment on what people are saying in the chat, he wouldn’t say no to a penguin, but he doesn’t think they’re terribly lore-appropriate.
    13. Have you thought about a name for your new Beorning character when you make it
      Not yet, but all his characters tend to follow a theme. He’s not going to tell us what that is because then we’d be able to figure out what his personal characters are.
    14. What do you think about balance – do you think some characters are more powerful in PvP and PvE, and do you think that some classes need a revamp
      He thinks balance is a tricky thing. He knows the team is aware that there are still some balance issues, they did make a pretty heavy pass at difficulty, which is going to necessitate a couple of passes at balance afterward. As far as classes being better or worse at PvMP, that’s something that is sort of by design. PvMP is not balanced for 1v1, it’s balanced for group vs group action. So anytime you get a 1v1 there’s a decent chance that one of them is going to be more powerful than the other. The Ettenmoors is designed as a group environment.
    15. Has anyone gotten a huorn pet in-game
      A lot have. He’s seen them on runs, he’s got one on his play character and he’s seen a number of them in-game as well. They are meant to be rare and tough to get.
    16. Bitburger or Fürstenberg
      He’s going to have to claim ignorance, he doesn’t know what the comparison is. Someone in the chat mentions that it’s beer, but he has never tried either of them. He has a few places nearby where they bring in some great imports, not just big-name imports but one in particular he’s thinking of is run by two women from Hamburg, who bring in pretty much anything you could want. He’s tried some good stuff there but can’t remember the name of it. Someone in the chat mentions Kölsch, and he admits he’s quite fond of it.
    17. What is the likelihood we will ever see different types of mounts besides horses and goats
      He would be very surprised if there ever were any others added. It’s not like they can spontaneously invent animals and have them make sense. If the question is a lead-up to flying mounts, he says he doesn’t see it ever happening. It’s not something they are even considering. Everyone gets the shudders anytime it gets mentioned.
    18. Will the new dye colors walnut brown or steel blue ever get added to war-steed equipment dye packs
      He checks with the ecommerce manager who sits next to him, who says he has no update on that but he will pass the suggestion along.
    19. German translated question – how is it looking for the fine tuning regarding back to the roots
      He assumes they mean getting to a place where the classes are more balanced and everyone is feeling more comfortable with their class. That’s an ongoing process, to get everything balanced and get a bit more difficulty in the game. U13 had a pretty big difficulty change to it. He knows some people thought it was a bit too far in one direction, but he’s also heard people say that now that they’ve figured it out and know how to gear themselves a bit differently, they’ve worked it out and now it’s not as bad as they thought it was. But it is something the team is working on and it is an ongoing process.
    20. Will LotRO become a role-playing game again
      He’s not sure he understands the question. They do have role-playing servers, there is a French RP server, a German RP server and an English RP server, which are listed in the launcher as RP servers. There is also an English RP encouraged server which doesn’t have role-playing rules, but a lot of role-play does go on there. He’s talking about Landroval, the RP encouraged server.
    21. What is the difference between RP and RP encouraged
      With RP they actually enforce a set of role-playing policies. You are expected to at least try to stay in character, not have outlandish names that can’t be reasonably expected to fit within the lore. A RP encouraged server is one that doesn’t have any of those rules enforced. Think of it as a RP light kind of server. Somewhere you can go to RP if you want, but you aren’t expected to. If you want to pick a name that’s not 100% within the lore, no one’s going to hassle you about it.
    22. Question about the new auto-fellow feature
      Basically if you mark someone as auto-fellow, and if they mark you as auto-fellow, when you login, if your friend is also logged in and eligible to join a fellowship (not in a solo instance, not doing a solo skirmish or something like that, and one of you are not already in a fellowship) it will automatically put you in a fellowship.
    23. A couple of in-game events are mentioned. Weatherstock is on Saturday June 14th on Landroval, and on Saturday, May 17th is the Spring Racing Carnival on Landroval.
    24. Have you seen an explosion in store sales now that players can mail some store items to other accounts
      He doesn’t have the numbers. No one has come to him and said, wow the sales are way up. That wasn’t really the point of the feature. It was to address a request that was already there. People who have two accounts and want to buy something on one and move it to another. Players who want to gift something to each other, that kind of thing. It was something that players had asked for and since they were already working on the mail system for the “open-anywhere” feature for VIPS, so they decided to add that feature in.
    25. EP Aaron “Rowan” Campbell joins the chat.
    26. Can you give us any further information beyond what’s already known in the 13.1 notes, about cosmetic pets and their future
      Rowan – Right now they have in development a system that will enable us to collect groups of pets, collections of pets, and get rewards for those. He doesn’t know exactly what they have in mind for that yet. Obviously if they’re going to be doing that, they’re going to be adding more of them to the game. So it’s really about how much people enjoy them, how excited they are, and how much we want to see and what kind of things we want to see.
      Sapience – There’s been a side conversation in the chat about what players would like to see, and he thinks penguin was high on the list, along with racoon. Maybe not too lore-appropriate though.
      Rowan– While there’s ways they can stretch the lore, he’s not too sure how much Tolkien talked about penguins.
      Sapience – Seems to recall Forochel having a pretty severe penguin shortage.
    27. What about a raccoon – could a raccoon be made appropriate
      Rowan – He’d have to go to the lore masters on this one and find out. They had such issues with simple things like squirrels that he’s hesitant to just say yes.
    28. What if multiple people from your auto-fellow list show up around the same time, do you end up in a raid, and who ends up being the leader
      Rowan – This was a side project for one the engineers, who thought it would be great playing with close friends actively and commonly. What it will do is choose a pair of players who want to be fellowed, and put them into a group. But it’s not going to do that multiple times. So if one member is already in a group, it’s not going to add someone to that group. The maximum that auto-fellow is going to give is a group of two, because both were online and said they want to fellow with each other.
    29. HoarseDev mentioned kinships awhile back, and some things he was thinking of doing. Anything new, anything you can share on that front
      Rowan – The kinship element that he’s aware of, that they are putting in the next phase, HoarseDev has talked a bit about bringing out new types of items, and they’ve talked about the kinship crafting thing – they’ve come at this in various ways. Being able to bring in new items that have options for players to customize them – much much simpler than the LI system – and once they get that rolled out in U14, the next step they are looking at taking is one that also adds a grouping element to it, a kinship element to it, and lets you create better items because you’ve played with your friends, played with your kinship, completed certain deeds or accomplishments as a group, and have continuously been involved with the game and been a part of the game.
      Sapience – That gives a little bit of insight into where they are going on the kinship front, and maybe some other areas as they move forward through the year.
    30. People in chat lobbying for ferret pets
      Rowan – Somehow ferret sounds much more reasonable. Asks if they got that far north.
      Sapience – Says players are pointing out that in the films the trolls called Bilbo a ferret, and one of the guys in the Prancing Pony in Fellowship of the Ring has a ferret.
      Rowan – Says if we can find references in the books, he will take them.
      Sapience – States a challenge to players, if we can find references to ferrets in the written lore – meaning the books – they will take it under advisement as a cosmetic pet.
      Rowan – Specifically the trilogy.
      Sapience – Specifically the trilogy, as in Fellowship, Towers or Return of the King. Start hitting the appendices at the back of Return of the King.
    31. What about kinship management tools coming along with the crafting thing – is anything like that a possibility
      Rowan – Says that’s fully within the space of discussion, and not of limitation. There are a lot of great ideas around kinships, a lot of great ideas about how to update and improve them. For example they’ve had ranks for kinships for a long time and haven’t really done much with them, the tools to update and manage and update those groups are pretty thin right now, so there’s a lot of room there to expand and grow it. But it’s very much in the realm of “Here’s a list of really cool things we’d like to do” and not yet with a timeline or people to do them.
    32. Even though you know you’re not going to be doing the big housing update, what are the odds that we will get some new housing items to place in the existing housing system
      Rowan – The odds that they will be doing some new housing items are pretty reasonable. He thinks they’ll continue to build more decorative items and that’s a nice way to add flavour to festivals, events, new adventuring spaces and quests. They’ve already said they won’t be doing a full system overhaul, but he’s totally open to making small changes anywhere they can find them. Basically the “quality of life” type of things. We’ve seen them do similar things in mail recently, or with inventory. Can they improve things in small ways that have a dramatic impact on how we play with it.
    33. Sapience brings up a discussion happening in the chat about the famed kinship revamp proposal.
      Sapience – It’s been in the forums for a long time now, and they’re all really aware of it and think it’s a great proposal, but there are some realities around implementing player suggestions, and sometimes maybe players have awesome suggestions that don’t really fit within the architecture of the game, and within their tools and within the game engine. Asks Rowan to address some of those challenges to help players make better suggestions in the future.
      Rowan – The first thing they consider is a back end thing – how does the game architecture support it, how do the systems that are already there support it, do they have code that already helps to drive this. That’s not something that is going to be easily or readily available to players, we’re not going to be able to see that directly. Beyond that, he thinks the best guidance he can give on that topic would be to think about things in terms of incremental changes, or additional changes to what’s existing now, and not redevelopment of what’s existing. For example, if they know they have a system of kinships and that system of kinships already has ranks, what is one feature they could add to make ranks better? What’s one feature they can add to make managing our kinships or our list of people there better? Those are ways they can kind of hook in and address things in a really targeted way, and build out and grow something. If it’s causing them to develop entirely new panels, entirely new UI, entirely new advancement systems, that’s a whole different scale of project, and that’s a whole different scale of discussion.
      Sapience – He’ll sometimes have members from the team come to him and say, “This is a really great suggestion but it’s not within the scope of what we can realistically do.” It can be hard to explain to folks. They sound awesome and it sounds so simple, but when they start digging around in the nuts and bolts, it’s usually not.
    34. What about furniture hooks, can we get more hooks, can we get to hooks we have right now reallocated to accept more types of items
      Rowan – Lucky for him he was actually there when they built the housing system, and one of the biggest class of bugs that was part of that was “things don’t fit in hooks, and sink into wall.” So basically they’d attach something to a hook and that particular item wouldn’t match up against the wall properly. It would be sunk in too far, extended out too far, or was not appearing in a way that was pleasing and made sense. So adjusting different sizes of items to fit in different hooks presents that scale of problem on a much larger path, because there are hundreds and hundreds of housing items now. So that’s not a place he’d initially go. In terms of delivering more hooks, or changing how houses are laid out – that kind of thing, that’s definitely an area he’d like to explore, and would like to mess around with a bit.
    35. Are the U13.1 update changes based on Players Council suggestions – last year’s or this year’s
      Sapience – Not really. It’s a little too early for this year’s Players Council, although they are already working on some questions, and from his conversations with Rowan a bit earlier, they’re about to give them a lot more to work on. It’s kind of one of those in-between things. There was something that they touched on briefly in a meeting this morning that he doesn’t know if Rowan wants to share it with us regarding something that the Players Council – both last year’s and this year’s – have already brought to their attention as a nice quality of life change the players have asked for. Asks Rowan if they can talk about that, if he remembers what he’s referring to.
      Rowan – Asks Sapience to tell him what it is.
      Sapience – Says, “Global chat channels – Yay, Nay?”
      Rowan – Says yes, they’re doing it, he believes for U14.
      Sapience – Says that it came up in a meeting this morning, for those who don’t’ know, every Friday they have what’s called a franchise meeting, where they sit down together and talk about things that are going on, and things that the Players Council has requested, things they’re working on, is a brief portion of the meeting. Global chat channels came up this morning, and that was the first time he’d heard a yes, and now we all know it as well. So global chat channels are officially a Thing.
    36. What about adding additional user channels? Right now it’s limited to 4
      Rowan – Certainly something they can talk about. It hadn’t come up on his radar yet.
      Sapience – He’s seen a couple of mentions about it but there isn’t a big critical mass out there asking for more channels. Really the focus has been on global chat channels, or converting existing channels into global channels. So he thinks that was the larger focus they were looking at. So they’ll poke that next.
    37. What about making friends lists and ignore lists larger
      Rowan – He suspects that is part of the same conversation about chat channels in terms of memory and how chat functions, so they can bring those up together.
      Sapience – Says he will put those on his list and maybe go hassle Ransroth about it as well. Commits to speaking to him before he leaves for the day.
    38. With the recent VIP perk to open mail from anywhere, has there been any consideration for similar perks, such as being able to open your vault in the wild
      Rowan – They’re definitely looking at options like that. There’s always questions around where does it start to create gameplay issues or bugs or problems. For example he knows there’s a functionality that can be purchased to be able to access the vault, but he’s not sure if that’s restricted in that you can’t access it from instances or inside raids and such. The bottom line is that they’re still looking at ways that they can enhance VIP, but obviously building new content that VIPs get to play is the #1 way.
    39. Could you please encourage more LUA API updates
      Rowan – After the dev in charge of that gets back to the office, he will.
    40. What about having /ignore by player, instead of just by character
      Sapience – It was his understanding that the game has a hard time going outside of itself to see a full account worth of information.
      Rowan – Says that’s pretty accurate. A lot of the chat is based on the world you’re on, based on that local information. That’s also a gameplay kind of question. Currently our characters have a certain degree of anonymity. We can be 3 or 4 characters and not have people know they’re all from the same account. If they allow us to identify who those 3 or 4 characters are associated with, that changes the dynamic of the game a bit.
    41. Question about the roundtable dev chat that has been talked about in past runs
      Sapience – He’s not forgotten it, it’s still on his list of things to do, it’s just that things have been a bit crazy for him this week inside and outside of work. The only real question is going to be, once 13.1 is out the door, finding time when everyone can get together in one place at the same time and schedule a meeting room so they can physically be in the same place and on camera at the same time. It’s a logistical thing more than a “I forgot” thing. They will get there.
      Rowan – Says Sapience needs some cool backdrops for them as well, they can’t just sit in an empty room.
      Sapience – Agrees. Says they need something really epic. They need to find a giant version of the Balrog or something. He’ll find something. There’s enough stuff floating around the office that he can probably make it happen. He can think of a couple of banners that he could probably pinch for an afternoon.
    42. Any chance to revive or create something similar to data.lotro.com so that players can export character information or item information for use on third party sites or in mobile apps
      Rowan – Says he and Sapience have had this conversation. Their starting point is in building up lotteries and getting that system up and running. In terms of the data API from the game, it’s certainly possible, but it’s a few projects down the line. It’s in the pipeline, but not quite at the top.
    43. What’s the answer to life the universe and everything
      Rowan – 42 is too easy.
      Sapience – Says he’s given this answer before, and he actually gave the person who got the reference 500 TP and he will do it again if anyone gets it now. The answer to the question is Dale Beaverman.
    44. The new cities introduced things like children and a more busy feel. Are there any plans of going back to the older towns that feel a bit empty and sprucing them up a bit
      Rowan – His initial answer to that would be only forward. They’re looking to dig deeper into the world and build out brand new spaces that feel alive and active, and their next opportunity to do that is in Dol Amroth, and building out their first living Gondorian city. So he’s not necessarily as interested in going back to Dunland or some of the other places. They were just recently talking about the Shire, because they’re looking at what’s next year, and the year after that, and when does the Scouring of the Shire come into play, and at that point the Shire may be due for some additions and updates.
    45. Rowan mentions a recent meet and greet where someone referred to him as “Rowan the White” reborn from “Rowan the Grey” and says it still hasn’t granted him enlightenment.
      Sapience – Tells him to keep working on it. Says it’s like a deed you have to grind out.
    46. When are we going to have LotRO trivia on Twitter
      Sapience – Says he’ll get that going next week for during the downtime on Monday.
    47. Are you satisfied by the changes that have been made since you rejoined the LotRO team, and thanks for making those changes
      Rowan – He’s going to assume the question is about communication, because there have been a lot of changes. He says there are some changes they don’t want to make in terms of building out the story and building out the world – those are changes they are very committed to and very comfortable with. On the other hand, in terms of trying to get a future view of what they’re doing and sharing that with players, and letting us know where they’re going, that’s something he’s very pleased with. Being able to update their communication, update their style, and just get more out here consistently and give us more of a window into what they’re doing.
    48. Question about the new installer for Bullroarer
      Sapience – It is up, it is available for download. It went up earlier this week. There will be a new installer for the game sometime next week.
      Rowan – Says yes, that’s their plan. They should have a new installer for live up next week. For the most part it’s going to be at the same places we’ve expected it, it’s just going to have slightly different messaging, and it should be a bit faster.
      Sapience – Wanted to clarify a question about Bullroarer. If you currently have it installed you can just patch up – you don’t need to reinstall. Once it’s installed it will just patch up next time you start it if there’s something new. SO if it’s there, you don’t need the new installer, but if you don’t have it then by all means go grab it.
    49. Recently it was mentioned that you were excited about the tech to change character names in a quest, will that be used to go back and change the names of characters in Moria session play, or in the instance where we first meet Gollum, or are you more focused on moving forward with that tech
      Rowan – It’s similar to the question about hubs in the world. As they choose to go back and do a polish like with the North Downs recently, some of those things might get pulled in, but more likely we will see it applied moving forward with the epic and future stories.
      Sapience – Thinks a broader answer is that when they go back to an area for something, they’ll then look at any new tech they’ve added to the area since building the area, and see if it makes sense to tweak the revamp along those same lines, rather than going back specifically to make one small change.
      Rowan – He thinks it’s even broader than that in the sense that when they go back to do something, they take a wholistic view to it. They have new standards on how they write quests now, and new standards for how they direct us places, and new technologies that allow us to go to from place A to place B, and phasing technology to allow them to shape the phase and shape the story. So there are a lot of things that weren’t there 7 years ago that are in place now to take advantage of.
    50. Suggestion about BR – you’ve said that you’re not going to be doing character wipes there with the smaller updates like 13.1, just big updates. If there are character bugs like the character quests it would probably be a good idea to amend that since we wouldn’t be able to put our bugged characters on BR to test the fixes.
      Sapience – Thinks that actually it would because with the quieting quests, when we login with our characters on Monday, it will fix us if we currently have the bug, is his understanding of the fix. So technically moving our character would probably help in terms of testing out whether it does fix us.
      Rowan – Thinks the question they are asking is more around the versions. So if you have a character you moved over and it didn’t have the bug, and you know you have one on Bullroarer who does, how can you get it over there to test it to help make sure they got it right. And he thinks that’s a valid point, and that it’s definitely something they should pay attention to with specific bugs as they are going from item to item. He doesn’t know that the policy on that is going to be 100% “they won’t do this thing.” They will do it as they need specific tests.
    51. Sapience thanks Rowan for joining the chat, says he’s going to go play some freeze tag with some of the players.
      Rowan – Says, “Come in next week, Hobnanigans, come on!”
      Sapience – “Now we’re committed! And you did that while Jacob wasn’t here!”
      Rowan – Says, “Well, after 13.1. Very soon!”
      Sapience – *phew* “There we go. I quickly turned around to see if Jacob was there and if he’d suddenly fallen down with a heart attack, but he’s not at his desk.” Says that was the thing he’d hinted at earlier, that we may get to play Hobnanigans next week, if not, within the next few weeks most definitely.
    52. Rowan thanks everyone and says goodbye.
    53. Many players have a lot of gold and nothing much to spend it on. Is there anything planned to stop the deflation
      Not at this time, nothing he’s aware of in terms of changing the value of currency in the game.
    54. Question about the outfits he wears for the hobbit runs
      He always just grabs something off the mannequins that he likes. This outfit for this run was the Mathom Seeker’s set he got from the mannequins in Archet when he was leveling up.
    55. Sapience mentions that now we’ve named two things. “The Bridge of Hobbit Doom” which is the bridge in the Trollshaws where he often dies, and the “Dead Hobbits Society” which are the hobbits that are often lying on the ground around the milestone when he ports back to Bree after a hobbit run.
    56. Kickman77 points out that the Players Council does lurk in the suggestions forum, so if you do have suggestions, post them there because the council will often pull those into the council area for discussion.
    57. Question about Extra Life 2014
      He says that he made a post in the forums about it because last run people wanted to know if players could join Team Turbine. Reminds people that anyone can join Team Turbine, even if they’re fundraising for a different hospital. Their efforts go toward their hospital of choice, and to Team Turbine’s totals. But he wants to clarify that if people are doing their own thing and raising their own funds that’s awesome, but it’s separate from participating in his fundraising with the incentives and the codes and the prizing and stuff. But we can always do both. We can do our own fundraising and throw a couple bucks toward Sapience’s page to qualify for his incentives and whatever he has going on, and have the best of both worlds.
    58. Question about how many words for upcoming updates in terms of translating text
      He doesn’t know. Because there’s no full expansion this year he expects that we’d see smaller word counts over more updates. As far as a total word count across all the updates this year, he doesn’t know, and he doesn’t know that the team does until they’re done with them. It takes as many words as it takes.
    Last edited by frickinmuck; May 05 2014 at 02:12 PM.

  22. #422
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    3,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    I really can't stress enough how great this thread has been.

    Thanks again for all the hard work on this, Frickin.
    Thanks, Sezneg!

    The Maiar transcript is up, and it's huuuuge. Probably took me the longest of any of them so far, except maybe the Bullroarer one or the U13 preview tour one. I highly recommend everyone reads the Maiar one, there's some pretty interesting stuff said.

    I've also updated the first page of this thread to make it easier to find the ones where Sapience had guests present.

    The Landroval one is next week, and I'll be doing that run either on my main, or as a horse! See you guys then!! Looking forward to it. I don't think anyone on my server has been doing any practice runs, so I think the lead is probably safe from a Landroval threat, but you never know!!

    By the way, for those who were asking, my little Senegal Kasper is back home now and she's doing fine! She's got a month or so of recovery and we'll probably always have to keep an eye on her to make sure that she doesn't have a relapse, but it looks like she's going to be OK. Thanks to everyone who expressed their concern.
    Last edited by frickinmuck; May 04 2014 at 10:13 PM.

  23. #423
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    S Korea
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    They've repeatedly said that there will be multiple ways of getting these pets via in-game content. They have also directly stated that these are not intended for the store:

    "None intended....at this point"/"but not in the short term". Both phrases were used in sentences with the word Store. I'm not sure how anyone can read that differently, there is a ton of wiggle room there, and it doesn't refute anything of what I posted.

    Anyway, I don't want to derail this with an argument. We shall see what comes to pass. Like the cosmetic mounts they are tailor made for the Store. Whilst I may not always agree with your take on things, I did want to say thanks and acknowledge the hard work and dedication you've put into these transcripts. They are a valuable resource for anybody who cares about the game.

    Thank you!

  24. #424
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    3,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Radbug View Post
    "None intended....at this point"/"but not in the short term". Both phrases were used in sentences with the word Store. I'm not sure how anyone can read that differently, there is a ton of wiggle room there, and it doesn't refute anything of what I posted.

    Anyway, I don't want to derail this with an argument. We shall see what comes to pass. Like the cosmetic mounts they are tailor made for the Store. Whilst I may not always agree with your take on things, I did want to say thanks and acknowledge the hard work and dedication you've put into these transcripts. They are a valuable resource for anybody who cares about the game.

    Thank you!
    Don't get me wrong, I fully understand your cynicism, but I doubt the huorn pets for example are going to be added to the store. It seems more likely that new pets will be added as store exclusives 'when the time comes'. Frankly, this is just the type of thing that belongs in the store. The game has to be supported somehow, might as well be supported with adorable fluffballs.

  25. #425
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Radbug View Post
    "None intended....at this point"/"but not in the short term". Both phrases were used in sentences with the word Store. I'm not sure how anyone can read that differently, there is a ton of wiggle room there, and it doesn't refute anything of what I posted.

    Anyway, I don't want to derail this with an argument. We shall see what comes to pass. Like the cosmetic mounts they are tailor made for the Store. Whilst I may not always agree with your take on things, I did want to say thanks and acknowledge the hard work and dedication you've put into these transcripts. They are a valuable resource for anybody who cares about the game.

    Thank you!
    I think the problem is people look for wiggle room or try to create the perception of it after the fact or try to remove the context from the statements. The comments are pretty blunt and obvious. The pets that were added to the game, which were directly being addressed in that message, aren't intended for the store. Will some of the upcoming pets be? Likely. Why wouldn't they be? They're cosmetic. We put cosmetics in the store all the time. In fact we constantly have people ask for more cosmetics in the store. Will some remain exclusive to content? Very likely, if not definitely likely. Will some be available via other means like community contests or give aways and through no in game or in store method much like the Perlino and Cremello steeds? I would absolutely expect that to be the case.

    There is entirely too much trying to parse things out to be as negative as possible and not enough reading what is said, in context. If I say that today is absolutely Monday, you can't then take my comment tomorrow and say I lied because it is now Tuesday. The context of the statement when it was made is just as important to understanding it as the content of the statement. Attempts to break the two apart are somewhat disingenuous.

 

 
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload