We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Player

Quote Originally Posted by Garren View Post
    This really sounds like a cool game. Any recommendations when it comes to upgrading to a paying player?
    Play through the Lone-Lands, that's where the *free* content ends at around lvl 30.
    Then, create a second character, and play them through the Lone-Lands.

After you have your 2 characters, you should be better acquainted with the game and how it works. Decide if you're having fun and wish to continue.
    If you aren't having fun, you can simply stop playing no harm, no foul.
    But, if you are having fun and want to continue the adventure, you have 2 options; Become VIP, or buy content with TP.

I'd advise everyone to get at least a month of VIP at some point, the unlocking of your traits and class tiers alone make this a wise decision, add in the 4th/5th bag, gold cap removal, swift travel, etc. is just gravy. Not to mention, you're renting access to all non-expansion quest zones.

Regardless, after Lone-lands, Evendim will get you from 30-40. From 40-50 is a bit trickier, but if your VIP, you've got access to all zones in that level range. Else, if you're buying quest packs, you're going to need 2 or 3 quest packs to cover 40-50.

From 50 on, you're into expansion territory; Moria (50-60), Mirkwood (60-65), Isengard (65-75), Riders (East Rohan, 75-85), Helm's Deep (West Rohan, 85-95).

Though, there is some overlap with the non-expansion areas in between the expansions that VIP's get access to; Lothlorien (60), Enedwaith (60-65), Great River (70-75) and Wildermore (85). So, it's not necessary to buy every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Play through the Lone-Lands, that's where the *free* content ends at around lvl 30.
    Then, create a second character, and play them through the Lone-Lands.

After you have your 2 characters, you should be better acquainted with the game and how it works. Decide if you're having fun and wish to continue.
    If you aren't having fun, you can simply stop playing no harm, no foul.
    But, if you are having fun and want to continue the adventure, you have 2 options; Become VIP, or buy content with TP.

I'd advise everyone to get at least a month of VIP at some point, the unlocking of your traits and class tiers alone make this a wise decision, add in the 4th/5th bag, gold cap removal, swift travel, etc. is just gravy. Not to mention, you're renting access to all non-expansion quest zones.

Regardless, after Lone-lands, Evendim will get you from 30-40. From 40-50 is a bit trickier, but if your VIP, you've got access to all zones in that level range. Else, if you're buying quest packs, you're going to need 2 or 3 quest packs to cover 40-50.

From 50 on, you're into expansion territory; Moria (50-60), Mirkwood (60-65), Isengard (65-75), Riders (East Rohan, 75-85), Helm's Deep (West Rohan, 85-95).

Though, there is some overlap with the non-expansion areas in between the expansions that VIP's get access to; Lothlorien (60), Enedwaith (60-65), Great River (70-75) and Wildermore (85). So, it's not necessary to buy every expansion.
    I'll take your advice and play for awhile then make my decision. I just love the middle earth mythos. It's one of the most original ideas to turn into a game. Everything else just seems to be one form or another of D&D.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    All servers are identical on location & facilities. All classes can solo on red line class traits. If you are looking for the easier class to solo those are the heavy armor. If you are looking for the funnier & challenging class to solo, those are the light armor.

The classes more similar to mage, are the kind that do tactical dammage, in order of likeness:
    1. Lore Master
    2. Rune Keeper
    3. Ministrel
    4. Captain

There are many official sites & fansites with information to help new players. Here are a few:

You can also see some little videos of the classes when you are in the character creation section, after download the game or directly from the game folder.

The more I read all of your replies the more I like the sounds of things. It looks like just the game I've been looking for. I especially like the fact that soloing doesn't seem to be a problem with any of you. Soloing seems to be the step child of most games like this.

The more I read all of your replies the more I like the sounds of things. It looks like just the game I've been looking for. I especially like the fact that soloing doesn't seem to be a problem with any of you. Soloing seems to be the step child of most games like this.
    Well, that depends on the class you choose to play. Some have it easier than others. But in general, there shouldn't be any major problems in soloing until you come to fellowship quests or any 6-man instance and above.

Asked this before but totally lost where I posted it. I left the game last April, before Windermore. I am totally caught up and paid through Riders (East Rohan). I have a NEW PC so it has zero of the game on it. What should I do to get caught up to West Rohan? Download game and my account will recognize I do have those expansion and thus download that content also, then buy the expansion after that?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what your asking.

Assuming you haven't uninstalled the game, then as soon as you open the Launcher, it'll download all relevant files to bring you up to date.
    Assuming you have uninstalled the game, you'll have to download it again, and when you open the Launcher, it'll bring you up to date.

It does not matter what expansions you have bought, you'll always have the same download; Everything.
    Buying the expansion merely allows you to access the quests that you have already downloaded, it doesn't cause you to need to download anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Asked this before but totally lost where I posted it. I left the game last April, before Windermore. I am totally caught up and paid through Riders (East Rohan). I have a NEW PC so it has zero of the game on it. What should I do to get caught up to West Rohan? Download game and my account will recognize I do have those expansion and thus download that content also, then buy the expansion after that?

Thanks in advance.
    Just download the launcher-the content is unlocked on your account. NO additional download is needed but the launcher.

Welcome back.
    [FONT=palatino linotype][SIZE=2][COLOR=#b22222]LilyRose of Gladden[/COLOR][COLOR=#b22222], Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at[/COLOR][URL="http://rangerswest.guildlaunch.com"][COLOR=#b22222] rangerswest.guildlaunch.com[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#b22222].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Kira_kun View Post
    Well, that depends on the class you choose to play. Some have it easier than others. But in general, there shouldn't be any major problems in soloing until you come to fellowship quests or any 6-man instance and above.
    So it isn't possible to solo through the whole game? I'm lousy at grouping that's one of the main reasons I prefer soloing. What are the fellow ship quests? Six man instances and above?

So it isn't possible to solo through the whole game? I'm lousy at grouping that's one of the main reasons I prefer soloing. What are the fellow ship quests? Six man instances and above?
    yes, you can solo pretty much all the way through-though not all quests will be available, of course.

If you are interesting in grouping, find a kin that has folks with patience and willingness to help you learn the ins and outs. We do "open grouping" weekly in our kin, for all levels and classes, and often it's bringing new to grouping folks in. We make sure they feel comfortable asking questions, and try to explain the basics, while having fun, and PROFIT.
    [FONT=palatino linotype][SIZE=2][COLOR=#b22222]LilyRose of Gladden[/COLOR][COLOR=#b22222], Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at[/COLOR][URL="http://rangerswest.guildlaunch.com"][COLOR=#b22222] rangerswest.guildlaunch.com[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#b22222].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

You can solo through the whole game, all the way to level cap. You can do the entire Epic quest series solo. There is ALSO group content which you might choose to do, and some of the "solo" content like skirmishes and Big Battles can also be played in groups.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Thanks for the help! I see, we all have the same data, just where one could go or not is defined by the account. Makes total sense. Got a brand new PC so that will add to the experience. Again, thanks folks.

Thanks for the help! I see, we all have the same data, just where one could go or not is defined by the account. Got it, makes total sense. Thank you!
    Not quite... It's not where you can go, it's what you can do.

A side from a few specific zone locks (you must finish V2B1 to enter Moria, or any of Rhovanion, and you must complete the Mirkeaves landing to enter into Mirkwood proper), you can go travel into any zone and wander around. You just won't be able to do the quests or deeds if you don't have access.

Think of it like an amusement pier, everyone can simply walk around the pier, but you need a ticket to ride the rides.

Thanks for the help! I see, we all have the same data, just where one could go or not is defined by the account. Makes total sense. Got a brand new PC so that will add to the experience. Again, thanks folks.
    I also just got a brand new PC. Your account governs what is unlocked for you. You could come to my house (but call first, it's a mess!) and log in using your username and password, and it would be all YOUR stuff and not mine.

Except for the keymapping. There is a file on your hard drive that determines what your keyboard mapping is set to. Put that onto a thumb drive and keep it safe if you have changed a lot of stuff, like I have. That file can be used on either PC or Mac.

Ah yes, this way do not have to redo the key mapping. Will do. Getting a new PC is exciting but the longer one had the old one, the longer it takes to transfer and get back to the old comfort level. Finally going to see what others with super-duper machines have talked about. Its a wife gift, little does she knows she has 'lost' me once again for a while to my favorite, though most addictive hobby (online gaming).
    Last edited by English; Jan 21 2014 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    You can solo through the whole game, all the way to level cap. You can do the entire Epic quest series solo. There is ALSO group content which you might choose to do, and some of the "solo" content like skirmishes and Big Battles can also be played in groups.

Okay, so it's basically soloing to the top is possible but there just some quests that will be out of my range because I'm not with a group? Only sounds fair to those who prefer to group.

Okay, so it's basically soloing to the top is possible but there just some quests that will be out of my range because I'm not with a group? Only sounds fair to those who prefer to group.
    Essentially. It's really your choice. There's no "forced" grouping in this game. If you really really want to see some of that group content, you could come back once you have out-leveled it and check it out.

There is gear you can't get unless you group at level cap, but unless you group at level cap, you don't need that gear. Grouping up can be fun, and there is content for "groups" of just 3 players, so you can try it out if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by SultanLove View Post
    wat?
    /10chars
    Huh???? I don't understand.

Huh???? I don't understand.
    Just being a bit of a jerk, that's all.

There's a minimum limit for a post, to prevent just such posts. He's so proud he could count high enough to make the limit, he just had to tell us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Astarte View Post
    Just being a bit of a jerk, that's all.

There's a minimum limit for a post, to prevent just such posts. He's so proud he could count high enough to make the limit, he just had to tell us all.
    LOL Oh, I see. So replies are limited to ten?

LOL Oh, I see. So replies are limited to ten?

No, they have to have a minimum character count-apparently 10.

I've never had a problem making the count myself. I'm a chatty little hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Astarte View Post
    No, they have to have a minimum character count-apparently 10.

I've never had a problem making the count myself. I'm a chatty little hobbit.
    I'm not a hobbit(well not yet) but I tend to be a bit chatty, too. BTW what's the best thing about a hobbit?

I'm not a hobbit(well not yet) but I tend to be a bit chatty, too. BTW what's the best thing about a hobbit?
    The PIES of course!

Signed,

LilyRose Prettyfoot, Pie Maven

BTW what's the best thing about a hobbit?
    Second breakfast!

I think hobbits have the cutest emotes. I also love playing a Hobbit Guardian; it's great to be that tiny and that tough. We had a high level one in our raiding kin and we'd have to put a symbol over his head so folks could find him amongst all the mobs.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Well, let's see:

-Breakfast
    -Second breakfast
    -Third breakfast
    -elevensies
    -lunch
    -Second lunch
    -Supper
    -Dinner
    -Desert
    -Pie
    -Pie
    -Pie
    -Pie
    -Pie
    -Desert.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Well, let's see:

-Breakfast
    -Second breakfast
    -Third breakfast
    -elevensies
    -lunch
    -Second lunch
    -Supper
    -Dinner
    -Desert
    -Pie
    -Pie
    -Pie
    -Pie
    -Pie
    -Desert.
    LOL Been while since I read the books. I forgot they love to eat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast