We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Do Player Suggestion Forum Threads Delete Themselves After 1 Year?

Title says it all, basically; do the threads on the player suggestions forum delete themselves after one year of no replies/inactivity? Or do they just become hidden? I ask this because I checked on the last page of the forums randomly, and saw that the date of the first forum was also today's date (January 17) but only one year earlier (2013), and so I naturally connected the two.

Hi, Bramirour. No, they are not deleted at all.

If you look to the bottom of the Suggestion forum window you'll see there's a little section called "Thread Display Options".

In that section there's an option of "Show threads from the...", you'll find that is set to only show threads from the last year; change it to higher value and click the "Show Threads" button on the right to see earlier threads.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

They do sometimes prune. When they moved to the new forum software, a lot of inactive threads were not copied over. It's not limited to a year though.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post

If you look to the bottom of the Suggestion forum window you'll see there's a little section called "Thread Display Options".

In that section there's an option of "Show threads from the...", you'll find that is set to only show threads from the last year; change it to higher value and click the "Show Threads" button on the right to see earlier threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    They do sometimes prune. When they moved to the new forum software, a lot of inactive threads were not copied over. It's not limited to a year though.
    Thank you both for your help. I appreciate it.

By the way, how does one close threads?

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post

This is correrct. In fact each forum has a timed 'cut off' by default. Some are a year, some are 90 days. It depends on the activity level of the forum. Following the steps quoted above you can select "beginning." This will show all posts made since the forum was created.

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    This is not. Or at least, hasn't been for about 3+ years (the last time the forums were pruned). The move to the new forums didn't prune old threads, it only failed to copy over threads that were made between the DB back up cut off and the new forums going live (about a week or so of new posts).

Quote Originally Posted by Bramirour View Post
    By the way, how does one close threads?
    You cannot. Only moderators and the Community Team can close threads. I'll take this as a request to close this one and take care of it.