With NDA dropped this is the information gathered on the small housing changes made with Helm's Deep. Please note this is not the Housing Update we have heard about we have been told that is a FUTURE update.
Now that said the following has changed with housing.
- All housing chests are condensed into one chest that now functions similarly to your Vault where it has a Main chest and 10 sub chest sections.
- Your personal Escrow appears to be visible in your personal housing chest when you access it and is listed in the 'main chest' even if you have 0 slots in your storage.
- Housing Escrow appears to merge into housing chests and as such can force your capacity beyond its limits making it so you cannot place new items into your housing chest until over flow items are removed.
***We have been told that Housing Chests now function more like vaults and other storage and can be upgraded to 75 storage spaces via in game gold and to 225 via Mithril.***
- We have only seen up to 60 with gold and 120 with mithril coins.
- You now buy space in your housing chest in increments of 15 slots with a price that goes up by 5x each time. This was tested on a Standard and Deluxe House.
15 Space = 1g = Total of 15
Next 15 = 5g = Total of 30
Next 15 = 25g = Total of 45
Next 15 = 125g or 100 mithril coins = Total of 60
No further slots available for Standard or Deluxe housing with coin.
Next 15 = 100 Mithril = Total of 75
Next 15 = 100 Mithril = Total of 90
Next 15 = 100 Mithril = Total of 105
Next 15 = 100 Mithril = Total of 120
It appears you can spend 100 mithril coins for more slots after this up to 120 in a Deluxe house.
- We do not know about how Kinship Housing Chests will work or cost because no kinships have obtained the age/rank needed to obtain a Kinship House.
If Kinhouse Chest Costs are the same as with Standard and Deluxe then the pattern would be that
Next 15 = 625g = Total of 75
Next 15 = 3,125g = Total of 90
- There is no method still beyond general access to housing chest to control who has access to the different 'sub chests'. Even though we now have the Main and then 10 Sub Chests to sort our items into.
- You can currently place bound items into housing storage but this is a known bug and could change.
- No changes have been made to Hooks at this time.
- There is storage retention over house eviction and abandonment. With a Standard House I bought all the space you could with coin 60 slots then I bought 1 space with MC so 75 slots. Then I abandoned my house and went and bought a deluxe house. When I went to the deluxe housing chest I had my 75 housing chest slots available and filled with the items I had in my chest previously which were then in escrow prior to rebuying a house.
So it appears once you buy housing chest space you 'always' have that housing chest space whenever your account on that server has a house.
This still doesn't answer our questions about Kinship Housing. Kins have been known to disolve on people even officers while they are aren't on so that Kin will never exist again so Kinship Housing should NOT have any Mithril Coin options for housing chest space since it is not permanent like your own account existing on the server.
Another issue with these changes. The largest is the sheer cost of housing chests. I don't know the exact prices on live but the 1st 30 slot chest was around 100s, 2nd 30 slot chest for deluxe and kin houses was around 1.5g and the 3rs 30 slot chest for kin houses I think 4g. So this massive change in prices is a major problem and honestly I can't see anyone buying more than up to 45 slots if even that.
A third issue is still the permissions. Before with the 3 chest system we were advocating to have a way to grant permission to each individual chest. But now with the change to the Main and 10 Sub chests all within a single chest granting these extra permissions becomes an issue. How would we get this ability. For personal homes we wanted it so a chest could be accessible to friends while another would be private. For kins we wanted it so one could be for all kin recruits, one for kin members and one for officers. Now access would have to be either grouped Main Chest, Chest 1 to 5, Chests 6 to 10 or we would have 11 separate controls.
**Two Known Issues****
- If you did not have items in your chests prior to the expansion your space was lost. You need to either buy the space anew or put in a support ticket.
- If you opened your housing chests prior to 12.0.1 which was last friday and you had unique items in your chests they were lost. A future update should reimburse this but you should still put in a support ticket stating what was lost.