We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Helm's Deep Housing Chest Changes

With NDA dropped this is the information gathered on the small housing changes made with Helm's Deep. Please note this is not the Housing Update we have heard about we have been told that is a FUTURE update.

Now that said the following has changed with housing.

- All housing chests are condensed into one chest that now functions similarly to your Vault where it has a Main chest and 10 sub chest sections.

- Your personal Escrow appears to be visible in your personal housing chest when you access it and is listed in the 'main chest' even if you have 0 slots in your storage.

- Housing Escrow appears to merge into housing chests and as such can force your capacity beyond its limits making it so you cannot place new items into your housing chest until over flow items are removed.

***We have been told that Housing Chests now function more like vaults and other storage and can be upgraded to 75 storage spaces via in game gold and to 225 via Mithril.***
    - We have only seen up to 60 with gold and 120 with mithril coins.
    - You now buy space in your housing chest in increments of 15 slots with a price that goes up by 5x each time. This was tested on a Standard and Deluxe House.
    15 Space = 1g = Total of 15
    Next 15 = 5g = Total of 30
    Next 15 = 25g = Total of 45
    Next 15 = 125g or 100 mithril coins = Total of 60
    No further slots available for Standard or Deluxe housing with coin.
    Next 15 = 100 Mithril = Total of 75
    Next 15 = 100 Mithril = Total of 90
    Next 15 = 100 Mithril = Total of 105
    Next 15 = 100 Mithril = Total of 120
    It appears you can spend 100 mithril coins for more slots after this up to 120 in a Deluxe house.

- We do not know about how Kinship Housing Chests will work or cost because no kinships have obtained the age/rank needed to obtain a Kinship House.
    If Kinhouse Chest Costs are the same as with Standard and Deluxe then the pattern would be that
    Next 15 = 625g = Total of 75
    Next 15 = 3,125g = Total of 90

- There is no method still beyond general access to housing chest to control who has access to the different 'sub chests'. Even though we now have the Main and then 10 Sub Chests to sort our items into.

- You can currently place bound items into housing storage but this is a known bug and could change.

- No changes have been made to Hooks at this time.

- There is storage retention over house eviction and abandonment. With a Standard House I bought all the space you could with coin 60 slots then I bought 1 space with MC so 75 slots. Then I abandoned my house and went and bought a deluxe house. When I went to the deluxe housing chest I had my 75 housing chest slots available and filled with the items I had in my chest previously which were then in escrow prior to rebuying a house.

So it appears once you buy housing chest space you 'always' have that housing chest space whenever your account on that server has a house.

This still doesn't answer our questions about Kinship Housing. Kins have been known to disolve on people even officers while they are aren't on so that Kin will never exist again so Kinship Housing should NOT have any Mithril Coin options for housing chest space since it is not permanent like your own account existing on the server.

Another issue with these changes. The largest is the sheer cost of housing chests. I don't know the exact prices on live but the 1st 30 slot chest was around 100s, 2nd 30 slot chest for deluxe and kin houses was around 1.5g and the 3rs 30 slot chest for kin houses I think 4g. So this massive change in prices is a major problem and honestly I can't see anyone buying more than up to 45 slots if even that.

A third issue is still the permissions. Before with the 3 chest system we were advocating to have a way to grant permission to each individual chest. But now with the change to the Main and 10 Sub chests all within a single chest granting these extra permissions becomes an issue. How would we get this ability. For personal homes we wanted it so a chest could be accessible to friends while another would be private. For kins we wanted it so one could be for all kin recruits, one for kin members and one for officers. Now access would have to be either grouped Main Chest, Chest 1 to 5, Chests 6 to 10 or we would have 11 separate controls.

**Two Known Issues****
    - If you did not have items in your chests prior to the expansion your space was lost. You need to either buy the space anew or put in a support ticket.
    - If you opened your housing chests prior to 12.0.1 which was last friday and you had unique items in your chests they were lost. A future update should reimburse this but you should still put in a support ticket stating what was lost.
    Last edited by PKCrichton; Nov 26 2013 at 07:38 PM.

LIVE PRICES Per official Documentation:
    http://support.turbine.com/link/port...O-Housing-FAQs

First chest - 100 silver
    Second chest - 500 silver
    How much space does each housing chest have?
    Each housing chest can store 30 items.
    This is a lot of inflation. Pretend I'm a new player.; Buying my 60 slots of housing storage costs me 600silver on Novemember 17th. On November 18th when Helms Deep goes live those same 60 slots cost me 156g.

That's 260 TIMES more. ;

Its not like suddenly we're going to be generating 260 times more gold at level 15.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Number one thing I was always concerned about ever since I heard about the updates... The house chests. Seems like I have to start cleaning my houses. It won't be easy...

And what exactly will happen to my existing house chests...? Will I lose them?
    I have items (festival tickets) that have since became bound and then changed. I guess I have to give them to my characters before the update happens just to be sure. I'd like to keep them forever like that... but I don't want them all to be piled to the ones the chests belong to.

I gather from the OP that permissions as they were still exist. All my characters on different accounts use all houses for sorting and storing items, so it is important to me that there is still access.

The cost... is not really sounding good. It is too much.
    (My highest level character is at level 33 and is likely to stay so unless I want to farm more pipeweed ever, I'm not interested in leveling. And I have three kinship houses...)

Quote Originally Posted by Linet View Post
    Number one thing I was always concerned about ever since I heard about the updates... The house chests. Seems like I have to start cleaning my houses. It won't be easy...

And what exactly will happen to my existing house chests...? Will I lose them?
    I have items (festival tickets) that have since became bound. I guess I have to give them to my characters before the update happens just to be sure. I'd like to keep them forever like that... but I don't want them all to be piled to the ones the chests belong to.

I gather from the OP that permissions as they were still exists. All my characters on different accounts use all houses for sorting and storing items, so it is important to me that there is still access.

The cost... is not really sounding good. It is too much.
    (My highest level character is at level 33 and is likely to stay so unless I want to farm more pipeweed ever, I'm not interested in leveling. And I have three kinship houses...)
    The question about existing housing chests. We haven't heard officially but we have heard it said that existing space will not be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    The question about existing housing chests. We haven't heard officially but we have heard it said that existing space will not be lost.
    It would be good.
    I'm still planning for two more kinship houses but maybe those will just stay on the "house with a funny name" stage then. Ah, farewell, my pipeweed storage, it was not meant to be.... xD

I would not be too concerned with the current pricing of the chest increases. remember its still in testing and they can raise, lower or keep the price the same.

Id recommend waiting for HD to come out to see what the final cost are.

Plus i think it was commented some where that the players will not loose their current vault / chest capacities.

I hope that's true regardless of the direction they go in. I've paid for that storage. I'd be very upset to lose it or to be forced to pay for it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gagmuk View Post
    I would not be too concerned with the current pricing of the chest increases. remember its still in testing and they can raise, lower or keep the price the same.

Plus i think it was commented some where that the players will not loose their current vault / chest capacities.
    There have been NO changes to the costs of this system since the changes were introduced. Nor have there been any comments from the development team about it. Its perfectly reasonable to assume that what we see will go live for housing.

Its also perfectly reasonable to be concerned about costs that affect new players, or players buying a house on a new world will face. Many players will find it easier to relearn their class by rolling fresh, and what better place to do that than someplace totally new?
    Last edited by Crell_1; Nov 05 2013 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gagmuk View Post

There has been no feedback from Turbine about the cost. And if you wait until HD comes out, it will be too late. Best for anyone who can to get their houses, especially if they are a kinship, and unlock all the chests NOW.

The prices are definitely ridiculous, both in gold and Mithril Coins. 100 Mithril Coins costs too much TP, in my opinion, and is far more expensive than buying standard vault upgrades with TP. I would have happily bought all available housing storage if the prices were more reasonable, as I have with all available vault, shared storage and wardrobe space.

I appreciate that Turbine is finally beginning to work on housing, and part of that is housing storage, but at these prices their work will go unnoticed or unused by many.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 100 - Riddermark - The Guild / Keepers of the Palantiri

Actually I have a lot of mithril coins with nothing useful to spend them on. Sure on occasional defeat when I can revive with them, but other than that I've never used one (and I've got hundreds acquired via lotteries). I swear I must have missed some big memo because I can't see the point of using the coins (do people really need to repair in the middle of instances that often, or actually spend them to get to quest givers?). So this would be the first thing I could spend mithril coins on that is useful; except that I already have shared storage. I mostly use my housing chests for seasonal cosmetic items now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    Actually I have a lot of mithril coins with nothing useful to spend them on. Sure on occasional defeat when I can revive with them, but other than that I've never used one (and I've got hundreds acquired via lotteries). I swear I must have missed some big memo because I can't see the point of using the coins (do people really need to repair in the middle of instances that often, or actually spend them to get to quest givers?). So this would be the first thing I could spend mithril coins on that is useful; except that I already have shared storage. I mostly use my housing chests for seasonal cosmetic items now.
    There are a TON of uses for Mithril added into the game with HD. Go check out the Helm's Deep Mithril Traders thread over in Character Development. Also currently both trait and big battle promotion role specs are obtained by spending mithril coins.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...l-Coin-Traders
    Last edited by PKCrichton; Nov 05 2013 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Many players will find it easier to relearn their class by rolling fresh, and what better place to do that than someplace totally new?
    Disagree entirely.

I have 5 years of collected assets in close to 1000 Bank spaces, 70 shared bank spaces, 40 wardrobe spaces and 2 housing chests.

Why would I give up ALL those resources that will make levelling and crafting easier just to start on a new server?

Sure I may delete one of my lowbies, or buy another character slot on my current server to "roll from fresh", but it would be incredibly silly of me to do so on another server and thus lose the "support" that my toons and assets will offer.

All The Best

sad to hear this, looks like i won't be starting new toons anytime soon then anymore... i find this a tad too expensive

Really happy about this!

Will be able to have 60 slots in my standard house right at the launch. Even though foreclosures have opened up many deluxe houses in my neighborhood, I haven't been able to abandon my house at 1 Garden Street. Just too sentimental about it

I may spend to expand storage later on, but only if it's on sale (like anything else I buy in the store).

I heard that about shared too.. until I took something out to change outfits and then was stuck with it, as I was told I had more than the allowed items in shared. I ended up having to run to the vendor and sell stuff, because I did not have room to keep it in my bags. Not lost does not mean useable.

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    The prices are definitely ridiculous, both in gold and Mithril Coins. 100 Mithril Coins costs too much TP, in my opinion, and is far more expensive than buying standard vault upgrades with TP. I would have happily bought all available housing storage if the prices were more reasonable, as I have with all available vault, shared storage and wardrobe space.

I appreciate that Turbine is finally beginning to work on housing, and part of that is housing storage, but at these prices their work will go unnoticed or unused by many.

-Bel
    Reminder to Beta testers. Turbine will make some costs of items up, as you can run to a guy in the Eyes and Guard and get a lot more coin. They used to just put a dummy number in, to test buying it, and maybe to see how popular it was. Or, I should say, it USED to be that way. I would HOPE they plan on adjusting those costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
    Reminder to Beta testers. Turbine will make some costs of items up, as you can run to a guy in the Eyes and Guard and get a lot more coin. They used to just put a dummy number in, to test buying it, and maybe to see how popular it was. Or, I should say, it USED to be that way. I would HOPE they plan on adjusting those costs.
    For 3 years we have always been told to assume that any price we see is the intended price and to provide feedback accordingly unless we are EXPLICITLY told otherwise (for example, the expansion was 100TP at one point in beta so we could easily acquire it when they put in the access gates.

IMHO, The fact that they consider putting bound items into a chest in a house you own is a BUG is idiotic and does not bode well for whatever else they may come up with.

We've been pointing this stupidity out for how many years now?

It appears that the Max (Beta 6) for purchase of housing slots via in-game gold is 60 slots.

The total number of slots purchasable in Beta 6 is 160.

Deluxe house in Thorins.
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 100
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 100
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 80

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    It appears that the Max (Beta 6) for purchase of housing slots via in-game gold is 60 slots.

The total number of slots purchasable in Beta 6 is 160.

Deluxe house in Thorins.
    What are the prices as of Beta 6 per 15 slots?

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    What are the prices as of Beta 6 per 15 slots?
    '
    Apparently unchanged...

100 MC for all tiers (including the first 15)

1 gold for the first 15 slots

(I forgot to screen shot 15-30, I spent MC on it)

35 gold for slots 30-45

I didn't go further at the time. I intend to explore some more today. ... probably only have till Monday before BR shuts down.
    Last edited by Valamar; Nov 10 2013 at 04:27 PM.

Partial cast

You can currently place bound items into housing storage but this is a known bug and could change.
    ??? The tool tip pop-up states:

"The owner of a personal house may also store bound items."

Does "owner" mean anyone on that account (as in most of the other "defaults") or the character which purchased the property?

I thought it was intended to be like Shared Storage -- any member of the account can place bound items in Shared Storage, but only the owner of the particular item can withdraw it.

===

Vault-keeper /Escrow.

In B6 the Escrow menu item at the Vault Keeper is apparently only visible if you have Escrowed items (like from a recent abandonment).

However, in Thorin's homesteads there is still an independent Escrow Broker.

At least with the B6 structure, when you first open your housing chest, all of your Escrowed items are in it... you just have to purchase enough slots to "free them".
    But that's a nice change over live where you have to empty enough bag space to empty your Escrow to transfer it over!
    And yes, previously purchased space is carried over.

I should add, I down-sized from a Deluxe to a Standard and kept the same number of slots (120) in the house chest.

Partial cast

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    So maybe now with Helms Deep, housing will be a viable storage space & not a endless money sinkhole.
    Was that sarcasm? Have you seen the prices?

15 Space = 1g = Total of 15
    Next 15 = 5g = Total of 30
    Next 15 = 25g = Total of 45
    Next 15 = 125g or 100 mithril coins = Total of 60
    No further slots available for Standard or Deluxe housing with coin.
    Next 15 = 100 Mithril = Total of 75
    Next 15 = 100 Mithril = Total of 90
    Next 15 = 100 Mithril = Total of 105
    Next 15 = 100 Mithril = Total of 120

Where as it was once free (effectively), and it was pitifully limited to non bound items, now it's over 200% inflated for what is just another vault.
    You think even veteran SoAngmar players drop 125 gold left and right like it's pocket change?!

It should have been completely free up unitl 60 slots.

I am so tired of MMO development teams using storage as leverage. At least in games like GW2 though, your main source of space requirements (i.e. crafting materials) has it's own dedicated place that doesn't take up other space AND is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranebow View Post
    It should have been completely free up unitl 60 slots.
    It was never free, it always had cost. Not a lot of cost but enough to slow down the average level 15 buying the first house.

There are people at level 85 with over 1000 gold (I probably have that but only if I combined all my alts), but there are also many people at level 85 with well under 125 gold. It's why we have auction house inflation.

I really haven't used housing chests that much anymore since I expanded shared storage space. More convenient to visit a vault than to head back home. So I mostly just keep seasonal housing items in one, and some untouched crafting mats in the other.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast