We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Lottery Absence, Hobbits slacking, and poor poor people handouts

I personally since the last "Win Helms Deep East Rohan Expansion Pack" have not seen a lottery. I know that we have hobbit presents to look forward to but come on, a '90 min. 5% attack boost'? even with the last gold present I opened, I only got 60 shards! what I am saying is that the hobbit presents 99% of the time are worthless, and I have been getting the same things over and over for a very long time.
    I want both hobbit presents to be more bountiful, and weekly lotteries to come back.
    It wouldn't hurt for the free coupon to be a little more giving as well.

The lottery system is currently not functioning as per Sapience's post here:

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    As mentioned a few times, the lottery system is currently non-functional. There is no ETA on its return.

Quote Originally Posted by 1evenstar1 View Post
    I personally since the last "Win Helms Deep East Rohan Expansion Pack" have not seen a lottery. I know that we have hobbit presents to look forward to but come on, a '90 min. 5% attack boost'? even with the last gold present I opened, I only got 60 shards! what I am saying is that the hobbit presents 99% of the time are worthless, and I have been getting the same things over and over for a very long time.
    I want both hobbit presents to be more bountiful, and weekly lotteries to come back.
    It wouldn't hurt for the free coupon to be a little more giving as well.
    Well I guessed you missed it. Remember when the storm knocked out the servers? It destroyed the lottery hardware. Custom servers take time to make, install, setup and test. The ETA is as SoonTM as the order is filled, installed, and tested. In Sapience's first live stream he covered that.
    Last edited by Peresbert; Jan 16 2014 at 05:46 PM.

Thanks guys, i rely did miss the loss of the lottery, i feel a bit stupid now but my point still stands with the hobbit presents and the coupon rewards

Quote Originally Posted by 1evenstar1 View Post
    Thanks guys, i rely did miss the loss of the lottery, i feel a bit stupid now but my point still stands with the hobbit presents and the coupon rewards
    Don't feel stupid. It's easy to miss things on the forums if you're not checking often. I really hope the lottery system might be fixed one day. I enjoyed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Peresbert View Post
    The ETA is as SoonTM as the order is filled, installed, and tested.
    Oh, nicely phrased.

P. S. My gold present today was a giant pile of silver scraps. My
    silver present was a giant pile of silver scraps.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Given the uproar about the hobbit presents, I think putting better stuff in them would be a bad idea. They're not meant to be more than a minor treat with occasional better treats (mithril coins, for example).
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Oh, nicely phrased.

P. S. My gold present today was a giant pile of silver scraps. My
    silver present was a giant pile of silver scraps.
    It's the industry standard, isn't it?

And, personally, I don't think we need more "better" stuff in hobbit presents. But, this also comes from a person who has some wheres near 600 mithril coins in their wallet (mostly from hobbit presents). You either get lucky, or you don't. That's just how RNG works.

Quote Originally Posted by Peresbert View Post
    It's the industry standard, isn't it?

And, personally, I don't think we need more "better" stuff in hobbit presents. But, this also comes from a person who has some wheres near 600 mithril coins in their wallet (mostly from hobbit presents). You either get lucky, or you don't. That's just how RNG works.
    Well, either you've opened a ton of presents, or you've been INCREDIBLY lucky. Out of interest, can you remember if they were exclusive to Gold presents? Because the only time I've got coins was when I activated my free trial last month (along with a mass creation of characters on multiple servers) from a level 1x, so I can't remember if it was from a silver or gold freebie. And my toons need cosmetics =/

Quote Originally Posted by Drammall View Post
    Well, either you've opened a ton of presents, or you've been INCREDIBLY lucky. Out of interest, can you remember if they were exclusive to Gold presents? Because the only time I've got coins was when I activated my free trial last month (along with a mass creation of characters on multiple servers) from a level 1x, so I can't remember if it was from a silver or gold freebie. And my toons need cosmetics =/
    Mostly silver, 1 awarded from gold. I claim almost every day, and all on one server. Yes, I have been extremely lucky, but I barely spend them (rare travel). I personally do not need any more cosmetics, I have way too many as it is.