We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question How to turn lantern on/off?

I know this question has been asked a thousand times over as I've looked into it, but still haven't found the answer I'm looking for.

I know that Alt+F10 is supposed to be the command to turn the lantern on/off. However, I play on a MacBook Pro and this command doesn't work for me.

I've tried alternates such as Cmnd+F10, Ctrl+F10, and Fn+F10. All they did was mess with my volume, as that's what my F10 button does. When I press Alt+F10 it opens up my system preferences for my Mac.

So how do I, as a Mac player, toggle the lantern?

Thank-you!

In your option Panel, when you enter 'Lantern' in the search box (and then go to key mapping) you should be able to make a new shortcut, but i'm not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Nabu8700 View Post
    In your option Panel, when you enter 'Lantern' in the search box (and then go to key mapping) you should be able to make a new shortcut, but i'm not sure
    That is a great description of what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabu8700 View Post
    I did indeed try that, but it doesn't seem to exist. I also tried torch, light, and even looked under toggle to see if it was hidden but I still can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlyndra View Post
    I did indeed try that, but it doesn't seem to exist. I also tried torch, light, and even looked under toggle to see if it was hidden but I still can't find it.
    It was the only solution i had in mind

Well, darn. Thank-you, though!

It also depends on your keyboard settings.

IIRC (I finally gave in and bought a games-only PC and just use the Mac for computer stuff.)

In the normal mode, if you press F1 it dims the screen and fn-F1 sends the key to the game. I enabled the settings so that F1 sends an F1 and fn-F1 dims the screen.

So if you are in the normal mode then my guess is alt+fn+F10

I checked on the Windows lotro and did not see a way to remap alt-f10.

But I did not know the feature existed so thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by forumhagum View Post
    It also depends on your keyboard settings.

IIRC (I finally gave in and bought a games-only PC and just use the Mac for computer stuff.)

In the normal mode, if you press F1 it dims the screen and fn-F1 sends the key to the game. I enabled the settings so that F1 sends an F1 and fn-F1 dims the screen.

So if you are in the normal mode then my guess is alt+fn+F10

I checked on the Windows lotro and did not see a way to remap alt-f10.

But I did not know the feature existed so thanks everyone!
    IT WORKS!

You are wonderful, thank-you!