We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    My best advice is to try the game for yourself. Posts like this will bring out a wide spectrum of responses that may not be representative of your gaming preferences. For me, no other game will ever measure up but there is no single reason why. My kinship works hard to bring a variety of activities to its members whether that's because of the Lore, PvP, Raiding, or any number of other player run events. A high level of activity will make your experience in LOTRO much more fulfilling and enjoyable.
    [img]http://file3.guildlaunch.net/314797/MaragoldTransparent.png[/img]

[url=http://shadowandflamekinship.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=314797][color=red][b][font=Comic Sans MS]Shadow and Flame Kinship[/font][/b][/color][/url]

So I can log-in the forums, but no subscription found.

I submitted a ticket requesting a free product key to get into the game using the turbine support.
    How long does it usually take before they send a key?

Sorry fellas, I know I'm moving slightly off-topic here, but I still can't try the game.

There is no longer a key needed to play Lotro

Once you have set up your account there should be an option to download the game client

You can also download from here,
    Just click the Download option from The Game tab at the top of the forums page

Once installed you log in with the same details you use to login to the forums
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Malindruel View Post
    There is no longer a key needed to play Lotro

Once you have set up your account there should be an option to download the game client

You can also download from here,
    Just click the Download option from The Game tab at the top of the forums page

Once installed you log in with the same details you use to login to the forums
    It doesn't work...I've been trying for quite a while, even had other e-mails trying to sign up and play.
    I can log-in to the forum, use the same credentials for the game client and it says "No subscription found!".

I tried signing up with another e-mail and the result is..."Your submission contained an error. Please try again. Code : #FTx6DO3420G".
    Never encountered so many problems getting into a game before!

Quote Originally Posted by Joradin View Post
    It doesn't work...I've been trying for quite a while, even had other e-mails trying to sign up and play.
    I can log-in to the forum, use the same credentials for the game client and it says "No subscription found!".

I tried signing up with another e-mail and the result is..."Your submission contained an error. Please try again. Code : #FTx6DO3420G".
    Get used to problems, Turbine is introducing more bugs all the time. Every update or hotfix seems to introduce more than it cures these days!

they did just do some maintenance on the account software-it's possible something got crosswired on your new account.

I haven't created an account in some time, but I just logged in on two accounts on that page, so it appears to be up now.

Clear your caches, and try again. If you are getting an error still, I'd suggest contacting account support by phone if you can. I've always found them extremely helpful.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Completely bugged I'd wager. The whole thing's bugged.

I submitted a ticket and that seems to do the trick and I've been wondering around the forums for like 3 hours now with no solution.

F2P, no need for key, but to get into the game you need a key...it's..I don't know, I'll pretend this never happened and try to play the game when the support finally realizes that new players can't get into the game and they send me a product key.

I'll be damned.

I'm sorry I can't remember as it's been almost two years, but I had trouble setting up a F2P account also. I did something like set up a payment, use gamecard, and chose to activate it later (never activating or entering a game card number, obviously). I can't tell you how to reach the screen or exactly what I did, but as long as you don't enter CC info or any other payment, try experimenting with the accounts page.

I can login at the turbine account page, but says need product key. I try to register at signup.lotro.com but says there's an error with my submission...getting lost here.
    If you can post here, then you already have an account and don't need to sign up. Launch the game and login using the same username and password as you are using on this forum. You'll get in game and can create your first characters.

If you are trying to subscribe, well... why? From level 1 to 30, there is very very little that you don't have vs being free. I really recommend that you at least try playing the game for a few hours before you go and pay for anything.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    If you can post here, then you already have an account and don't need to sign up. Launch the game and login using the same username and password as you are using on this forum. You'll get in game and can create your first characters.

If you are trying to subscribe, well... why? From level 1 to 30, there is very very little that you don't have vs being free. I really recommend that you at least try playing the game for a few hours before you go and pay for anything.
    Shukar, it doesn't work! I'm using the same credentials, read my posts above please.

I agree, I'm going to try the game first till level 30 then I'll decide for the subscription.

You definitely do not need any code to play. I just tested it and created a new f2p account through the "Play Free Now" button on the top right corner of this page. You don't even need to confirm your email.
    Register here: http://signup.lotro.com/lotro.php?ft...263_1389867804
    Launch the game, enter your new ID and password and play.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

The absolute best technical support you can get is to call WB Games on the phone. If you call shortly after the tech support office opens, the response time is very fast. The phone people are friendly, helpful, and in my experience they have never failed to fix a problem quickly.

I'd start with account support at 1-855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637). I believe they're open 9am to 9pm eastern U.S. on weekdays, and 8am to 8pm on weekends.
    --= Windy Acres Ranch -- http://SteelAndMagic.com =--

The answer to 1,2 and 3 is clearly "Hello Kitty Online".

Lob

I'm betting your problem is due to Account Maintenance yesterday. Someone mentioned clearing your caches which is what I would do first before trying again. Good luck!
    [CENTER]
    [URL="http://s1.zetaboards.com/LeavesOfLaurelin/index/"]Leaves Of Laurelin - Landroval and Laurelin[/URL]
    [URL="http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/index/"]Andúnië - Elven music society - Laurelin & Landroval[/URL]
    Makalaurë, Cotumo, Laurefindë, Witred, and Tulus!
    [/CENTER]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2