We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Aggro target marker

Hi all. Just started playing lotro and I seem to have mistakenly turned off an option and I cant for my life find it again. What I am missing now, which was there when I started playing is the marker who has aggro, I am talking about the circle marker on the ground. It worked like this before (I play Loremaster) - Upon pulling a mob a cirlce appeared on the ground (on me), indicating I had aggro, and when my pet bear took aggro the circle target switched to the pet, indicating he has aggro. That function/option is now somehow turned off, maybe it has a keybind I am not aware of. Anyone know what option/keybind I need to turn back on?

Also, this is probably a really noobie question, but is customizing your characters visual appearance (hair and face etc), at the character creation screen disabled for free players? If so can I change it somewhere, like a barbershop if I become VIP?

What you are looking for is the "show target's target" option. This will actually put another bar with morale and such on your screen somewhere, indicating the vitals of the target of your target, as well as show the circle on the ground, around the target's target.

I'm at work right now, so I can't tell you where exactly to find it, but this knowledge will perhaps help you find it yourself

Edit: Oh, I missed your second question. There is an in-game barbershop that lets your change hair style/colour (possibly other things, I have never used it) for in-game gold. This is available for everyone, FTP to VIP. Changing facial characteristics, like shape of your nose or whatever, isn't possible I believe (no plastic surgery in LOTRO).

Quote Originally Posted by Mathili View Post
    What you are looking for is the "show target's target" option. This will actually put another bar with morale and such on your screen somewhere, indicating the vitals of the target of your target, as well as show the circle on the ground, around the target's target.

I'm at work right now, so I can't tell you where exactly to find it, but this knowledge will perhaps help you find it yourself

Edit: Oh, I missed your second question. There is an in-game barbershop that lets your change hair style/colour (possibly other things, I have never used it) for in-game gold. This is available for everyone, FTP to VIP. Changing facial characteristics, like shape of your nose or whatever, isn't possible I believe (no plastic surgery in LOTRO).
    Thank you! That actually makes sense. I am at work also so will check it out when I get back home. I recall having a portrait of my targets target on screen, but I failed to see the connection to the ground target marker - DUH lol So, thanks again, it was driving me nuts haha.

If you have played LOTRO before but just started playing again (on a new character) then that would likely be why it wasn't activated. Some options are turned off as a default and must be manually re-enabled for every character created. It is indeed the "show target's target" option. I believe it should be located in the UI settings. I don't remember the exact wording of the option, but that's where I'd start.

Welcome back!
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval