We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: PvMpQQ in Gllff

PvMpQQ in Gllff

Guys. Gals. Kindly take your complaints OUT of gllff. More and more that channel is being inundated with PvMp QQers who just can't seem to grasp the concept that Gllff includes others besides those self-absorbed, butthurt, egotists fallen victim to a zerg or similar strategy, designed to create favorable conditions for a group of opponents, and dismal circumstances for a soloist or small fellowship. Furthermore, what many of you have labeled as exploits (including zerging) is nothing more than making efficient use of the abilities and conditions within the PvMp setting. Every MMO that has a PvP aspect typically encourages the full use of whatever one may have at his/her disposal. You don't have to like it. You don't have to get over it. The point is that as much as you'd like to cast blame elsewhere and abscond yourself of any responsibility, YOU made the choice to enter the Moors, subjecting yourself to the multitude of possibilities you might face. So please, be considerate and spare the majority of Gllff from your childish, internet-tough-guy, sniveling, antics, simultaneously avoiding any chances of being banned because you got just a little too verbally Rambo'd up in the process and said things that violated Turbine's CoC. Take it to PMs or create a new channel for such...whining. You're not impressing anyone, merely annoying others, and there's really nothing that you can say or do that will affect any change in play-style in the Moors.

Oh yes, because when its not Moors qq, global is full of useful, interesting posts /sarcasm. I could understand if people were using it a lot daily for that purpose, but I spend half my time in game freepside now and I see Moors chat in it very little, 60% people selling stuff etc, and 35% chatting etc.

I assume you are referring to my post earlier? Most of it was positive rather than QQ, I thanked people (sorry do I have to send each of those 3 a tell thanking them in future just to please you?) and had a whine at Irmas. It lasted 3 minutes tops.

So, instead of wasting your time moaning on here, getting really peeved over nothing, why don't you just endure the 0.5% of global posts that concern the Moors, suck it up and deal with it.

I don't think you can comment on the how things work in the Moors because you obviously don't play it, but if people did apply the 'pvp warzone, anything goes etc' mindset then there wouldn't any qq obviously, the fact is, people don't. Creeps and freeps that is, spars being on example of player-made rules. We have overcomplicated it as Moors community and I think it makes the game better; if it was just played the way Turbine meant it to be, I would have quit long ago. -> assuming you don't play Moors by the way you talk about it.

Don't comment on what you don't understand when the impact of it on you is minute. I could understand if it was something that happened a lot and went on for a while, but it isn't.

I would say you are the inconsiderate one here. Simple balance of interests, I don't see how yours are infringed by this.
    Akrorgash - r11 reaver // Morakh - r8 wl // Tyrakh r6 ba // Silthus r8 Defi // Rawrik r6 neglected warg // ----- Withywindle

First of all, I did not read your previous post, Akrorgash. Secondly, I did not call you or anyone else out, specifically. Your reaction to my post is purely a defensive, knee-jerk reaction because it seems the 'shoe (conveniently) fits'. Again, you only have yourself to blame for this. Next, where do you get your stats? 60%? 35%? .5%? Did you do a study and actually calculate these percentages or merely submit them to make it look like you know what you're talking about, as well as justification to move on to telling me that because I may or may not play PvMp, I have no business addressing the issue? It doesn't matter if YOU feel I'm "infringed" or not, if I do Moors or not, etc. I, along with many others on gllff have the right to voice our thoughts and that's what I did. You don't have to like it or agree with what I said. Note, I'm not telling you that you don't have the right to respond to my post. So thanks, but nthx...I'll make up my mind to assess how I feel about Moors QQing in Gllff without your permission. Also to note, while there exists other extraneous fluff in gllff, none of it seems to generate the animosity or heated contention that Moors play does. The occasional quibble either resolves itself or does move to PMs, which is what my suggestion for Moors arguments, is. It's okay, though. Given your reaction, I don't expect you to understand, but at least I do respect your inability to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by CinnamonBabka View Post
    First of all, I did not read your previous post, Akrorgash. Secondly, I did not call you or anyone else out, specifically. Your reaction to my post is purely a defensive, knee-jerk reaction because it seems the 'shoe (conveniently) fits'. Again, you only have yourself to blame for this. Next, where do you get your stats? 60%? 35%? .5%? Did you do a study and actually calculate these percentages or merely submit them to make it look like you know what you're talking about, as well as justification to move on to telling me that because I may or may not play PvMp, I have no business addressing the issue? It doesn't matter if YOU feel I'm "infringed" or not, if I do Moors or not, etc. I, along with many others on gllff have the right to voice our thoughts and that's what I did. You don't have to like it or agree with what I said. Note, I'm not telling you that you don't have the right to respond to my post. So thanks, but nthx...I'll make up my mind to assess how I feel about Moors QQing in Gllff without your permission. Also to note, while there exists other extraneous fluff in gllff, none of it seems to generate the animosity or heated contention that Moors play does. The occasional quibble either resolves itself or does move to PMs, which is what my suggestion for Moors arguments, is. It's okay, though. Given your reaction, I don't expect you to understand, but at least I do respect your inability to do so.
    Yes my post was a little knee-jerk because I took offense to your attitude and your belief in how the Moors should be when you do not play it yourself. I'll try and be a little more reasonable now.

When I play freep, which is for hours at a time, peak time, I haven't in the past week seen a Moors qq post, apart from one I created. This is why I think you are overreacting, because there simply aren't that many.

Also, even if there were, say, two qqs re Moors a day, or even a small argument that lasts a few mins -> why can't you just ignore it? Why does it bother you so much?

Global is not for you, as much as it is not for me, or for any one individual. Yes, not all of global play Moors, but some do. Global is for communication, so that is what it is used for.

Yes I agree if issue is with one person, it should be in tells, but if it is directed at several, no reason why can't use global, if it turns into an argument, then I agree with you, that would be too much. But just the odd comment or two about playing? I see no problem with that.
    Akrorgash - r11 reaver // Morakh - r8 wl // Tyrakh r6 ba // Silthus r8 Defi // Rawrik r6 neglected warg // ----- Withywindle

Quote Originally Posted by Akrorgash View Post
    Yes my post was a little knee-jerk because I took offense to your attitude and your belief in how the Moors should be when you do not play it yourself. I'll try and be a little more reasonable now.

When I play freep, which is for hours at a time, peak time, I haven't in the past week seen a Moors qq post, apart from one I created. This is why I think you are overreacting, because there simply aren't that many.

Also, even if there were, say, two qqs re Moors a day, or even a small argument that lasts a few mins -> why can't you just ignore it? Why does it bother you so much?

Global is not for you, as much as it is not for me, or for any one individual. Yes, not all of global play Moors, but some do. Global is for communication, so that is what it is used for.

Yes I agree if issue is with one person, it should be in tells, but if it is directed at several, no reason why can't use global, if it turns into an argument, then I agree with you, that would be too much. But just the odd comment or two about playing? I see no problem with that.
    +1.
    i do talk in global and read it(freeping most of the time) and i can say the i saw around 5 - 10 moors posts in the last month.
    still, i see trolling more then anything else there, and almost no LFF. then why it is a problem to talk about moors in global?
    i can't understand the point of telling PVPers not to talk in global. it happens, and it will continue.
    thanks for reading, Rolsperx.
    [center][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/ohqwlt.png[/IMG][/center]
    [center][color=red][size=3]all chars kinda retired, not playin anymore[/size][/color][/center]
    [center]out of date but too bored to change it[/center]

I don't really get why you had to come here and make a thread about it.The amount of QQ in global for pvp isn't that big.Much more often is the QQ for other things that i personally find boring and useless or w/e yet you don't see me making threads about it and asking from ppl to stop it.

Global is supposed to be an lff channel but still ppl use it for almost everything and since there is no channel for pvp that every player knows,global is used for pvp also.

So yeah you'll have to get used to some random QQ about pvp every now and then.You don't like it?/leavechannel globallff,it's that easy!
    Defiler - r13
    Hunter - r12
    Rk - r10

Just to be clear, I have no problem with talking about or discussing Moors activity. It's when people use global to begin or continue a heated argument about it that bothers me; Others as well. And it has absolutely nothing to do with understanding the mechanics and features of PvMp. It's simply a matter of being courteous. Conversely, is it too much to ask those who have been involved in Moors-related conflicts to not use global to air their frustration, creating drama in the process? It might not be all that often, but global does serve other purposes. The point of addressing this issue isn't so much about the frequency, but rather the nature of the arguments. It just strikes me as self-absorbed and inconsiderate to even occasionally smatter global with this sort of name-calling and hostility. I liken it to a couple that insists on arguing in front of everyone in a public setting. Sure, I can ignore it. I often do. But pointing out how selfish and impertinent is it to others, might give cause to those who do it before they go global.

Cinnamon Babka ahahahahahaha

lol that is a silly name in my language.
    And your post is invalid btw, anyone can post anything in glff even in Klingon.
    [URL=http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/phx4everCZ/media/staenyacute%20soubor_zps6e4l16tx.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r660/phx4everCZ/staenyacute%20soubor_zps6e4l16tx.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Just to be clear, I have no problem with talking about or discussing Moors activity. It's when people use global to begin or continue a heated argument about it that bothers me; Others as well. And it has absolutely nothing to do with understanding the mechanics and features of PvMp. It's simply a matter of being courteous. Conversely, is it too much to ask those who have been involved in Moors-related conflicts to not use global to air their frustration, creating drama in the process? It might not be all that often, but global does serve other purposes. The point of addressing this issue isn't so much about the frequency, but rather the nature of the arguments. It just strikes me as self-absorbed and inconsiderate to even occasionally smatter global with this sort of name-calling and hostility. I liken it to a couple that insists on arguing in front of everyone in a public setting. Sure, I can ignore it. I often do. But pointing out how selfish and impertinent is it to others, might give cause to those who do it before they go global.
    Aren't you being selfish now coming here and asking us to stop using global for our "fights/QQ"?Stop making it a big deal.Some ppl just want to talk to the other side and can't just pm every single person and do it on a channel that almost whole server is part of.It is that simple.
    And honestly since it isn't that often i really don't get why you get so frustrated or w/e you are.Chill
    Defiler - r13
    Hunter - r12
    Rk - r10

Quote Originally Posted by Laineth View Post
    Aren't you being selfish now coming here and asking us to stop using global for our "fights/QQ"?Stop making it a big deal.Some ppl just want to talk to the other side and can't just pm every single person and do it on a channel that almost whole server is part of.It is that simple.
    And honestly since it isn't that often i really don't get why you get so frustrated or w/e you are.Chill
    Well excuse me, Laineth. Didn't know I needed an attitude check and a hall pass in order to post here, pending your honorable permission of course. But yes, fighting, QQing, arguments involving name-calling in global should not be part of that channel. (Seriously, since when was it selfish to ask for complaints and drama to go elsewhere?!?) It's annoying to others, discourages many from joining global, and sheds a poor reflection on the individual as well as their kin. Why not simply create a MoorsQQ channel and then ask people who run Moors to join it? Then you could "talk" as you put it. Not everyone wants to see people air their dirty laundry out on global, when that channel is foremost for the purpose of finding a group. L-F-F ---> looking for fellowship. Not looking for feud. You have yourself a nice day now.

Well excuse me, Laineth. Didn't know I needed an attitude check and a hall pass in order to post here, pending your honorable permission of course. But yes, fighting, QQing, arguments involving name-calling in global should not be part of that channel. (Seriously, since when was it selfish to ask for complaints and drama to go elsewhere?!?) It's annoying to others, discourages many from joining global, and sheds a poor reflection on the individual as well as their kin. Why not simply create a MoorsQQ channel and then ask people who run Moors to join it? Then you could "talk" as you put it. Not everyone wants to see people air their dirty laundry out on global, when that channel is foremost for the purpose of finding a group. L-F-F ---> looking for fellowship. Not looking for feud. You have yourself a nice day now.
    as i said in my post here, the thing that i see the less in the global LFF is LFFing.../argument invalid.
    sorry mate, get used to it, it's like asking the trolls to create other channel for troll QQ, or ask people that sell things to move to other channel.
    [center][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/ohqwlt.png[/IMG][/center]
    [center][color=red][size=3]all chars kinda retired, not playin anymore[/size][/color][/center]
    [center]out of date but too bored to change it[/center]

Guys. Gals. Kindly take your complaints OUT of gllff. More and more that channel is being inundated with PvMp QQers who just can't seem to grasp the concept that Gllff includes others besides those self-absorbed, butthurt, egotists fallen victim to a zerg or similar strategy, designed to create favorable conditions for a group of opponents, and dismal circumstances for a soloist or small fellowship. Furthermore, what many of you have labeled as exploits (including zerging) is nothing more than making efficient use of the abilities and conditions within the PvMp setting. Every MMO that has a PvP aspect typically encourages the full use of whatever one may have at his/her disposal. You don't have to like it. You don't have to get over it. The point is that as much as you'd like to cast blame elsewhere and abscond yourself of any responsibility, YOU made the choice to enter the Moors, subjecting yourself to the multitude of possibilities you might face. So please, be considerate and spare the majority of Gllff from your childish, internet-tough-guy, sniveling, antics, simultaneously avoiding any chances of being banned because you got just a little too verbally Rambo'd up in the process and said things that violated Turbine's CoC. Take it to PMs or create a new channel for such...whining. You're not impressing anyone, merely annoying others, and there's really nothing that you can say or do that will affect any change in play-style in the Moors.
    How many MMO's did you play before LOTRO ?
    I played 4 last year, Rift, Tera, age of conan and neverwinter, in all these games on global channel you have ppl that QQ every time that I logged in to play about PvP. LOTRO have QQ but compared to other its like 10% here. Go try play there when ppl have a go at it and come back and say how much hate there is compared to here.
    Expression of gameplay and style will always be there no matter who or anyone says about it.
    E-strolling must be made in South Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Romuh View Post
    Cinnamon Babka ahahahahahaha

lol that is a silly name in my language.
    And your post is invalid btw, anyone can post anything in glff even in Klingon.
    If only someone told me i can speak in Klingon in LOTRO chat!

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'

@OP: If you dont like the glff talk, just turn it off. Works for me just fine.

*Starts singing Why Cant We Be Friends by WAR*
    Krahjarngladiator r10 reaver Spidermaan r10 weaver Shadowsfear r8 warg Vaineatter r8 Warleader Voodoomagoo r7 defiler Vilearrow r6 ba
    Arrowdain r7 hunter