We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Turbine: things I would pay for in LOTRO

I am not realize someone who pays for convenience. I prefer the old style of MMOs with challenge which is hard to find nowadays. However, I see no reason why we can't pay for INconveniences in the store....

These are some things I would love to see in LOTRO, and would pay for in the store:

1. UI Option to remove visual display of numeric mob levels... I'd rather go by the text color alone

2. UI Option to remove radar entirely... currently I have it hidden behind an opaque chat window

3. Non-aggro breaks immersion. A character option for "no diminishing aggro radius" for mobs would be great! I know aggro is determined by the server, so it will need to be some sort of buff on the character. Perhaps a store item that places the buff on the character until removed by some complementary item?

4. Similar to #3, a character option for no experience gained when killing mobs or completing quests below player level. Different from the tortoise stone in that it doesn't require a slot and is a permanent buff (debuff?) to the character until undone with another item.

5. Option to scale down player damage to lower level mobs in proportion to player level vs. mob level. Also, scale up damage from lower-level mobs.

6. Ability to level up multiple professions simultaneously. Whichever ones we want. Seriously, I would pay BIG for this option as I am sure many other players as well. I could see paying $100 for this account-wide.

EDIT: 7. UI Option to turn down the game's lighting when in the night cycle. It's way too bright at night, a problem with most MMOs.

Those are some thoughts, anyway.
    Last edited by Karimi; Jan 12 2014 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karimi View Post
    6. Ability to level up multiple professions simultaneously. Whichever ones we want. Seriously, I would pay BIG for this option as I am sure many other players as well. I could see paying $100 for this account-wide.
    In Rift you can buy additional profession slots from the store which allow you to level up however many professions you like. I only play one character in Rift and he has all professions available to him, something I am grateful for and was more than happy to pay for - although I should mention that the items sold in the Rift store are priced more realisticly. I would love to be able to get all professions on my main in LotRO and belong to all crafting guilds - I no longer have the time to dedicate to levelling all my alts for the sake of crafting, so I would be over the moon for this.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B]Galuhad | Narvelan[/B]
    Lore Breakers of Eldar[/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/list.php?skinnerid=3762"]Plugins[/URL] | [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?538975-Accounts-for-New-Players"]New Player Guide[/URL] | [URL="http://www.twitch.tv/galuhad"]Twitch[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Karimi View Post
    2. UI Option to remove radar entirely... currently I have it hidden behind an opaque chat window
    I thought the F12 key was the default key to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto_the_First View Post
    I thought the F12 key was the default key to do that?
    F12 removes everything, including your character vitals. It's for screenshots.