We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lvl 50 Champion Coming Back...but lost.

Hey everyone and good day. I've got a Champion level 50, I'm completely lost, and I have legendary weaponry, but I don't really know exactly what i'm doing. I JUST got into Moria, so that's where I'm currently positioned. Anything I can do to get back into the grove? Any decent guides? Thanks everyone!

Wow. So much to cover here, no way I could do it in a post. You will definitely need a guide somewhere. Assuming your being "lost" has more to do with how to build up your L.I., a great place to start would be the site below. I would read all of it, probably twice.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Items

This next link I posted was a decent overview of the new trait tree system which will also be new to you and necessary for building a decent toon. The link is for RK's, but it works about the same. However, the blue line if for tank build, red line is for single-target DPS, and yellow line for AOE build. If you don't ever tank with your champ, I'd use your 2 options for red and yellow. If you do tank, I'd use blue and yellow (or at least until they fix the red line, red line dps is weak right now). In order to build these trees successfully, you're going to have to have a pretty proficient understanding of the idiosyncrasies of the game, so you may need help from a kinmate or something. Feel free to PM me with questions if you don't have someone like that available.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ait-Tree-Guide

As far as gameplay, we are still building and consuming fervour, But now a lot of the skills we have available at any given moment depend on how you build your trait tree. Just know, that certain skills will disappear/appear when you change from red to yellow, yellow to blue, etc... I would use the tooltips over each skill to take note of recent changes. Again, this can be somewhat overwhelming at first, but you have plenty of leveling to do to learn it before you run into too many capped jerks that will blast you for errors. Good luck.

Thanks! I'll definitely PM you in game, assuming your toon is Musehobo? What is your toon's name? Thanks again! My toon is "Shuya"

Quote Originally Posted by jakefoy92 View Post
    Thanks! I'll definitely PM you in game, assuming your toon is Musehobo? What is your toon's name? Thanks again! My toon is "Shuya"
    Do keep in mind that there's roughly a 3% chance the two of you are playing on the same server. If you aren't, then you can't send him a PM.

Also be aware that, depending on the playstyle you were once used to, Turbine may have essentially destroyed your character. You can no longer switch between combat stances on the fly in combat. You can no longer simultaneously trait for effective survivability, single target damage and aoe damage. I came back from a 6 month hiatus to find that my level 85 Champion was, for all intents and purposes, irretrievably gone. I can no longer play a character with any in-combat flexibility. I have to play their way, one role at a time. I haven't had the desire to even look at my lvl 80 Hunter, level 65 Captain or level 60 Loremaster yet. I'm not sure that I ever will. I've left games for dropping cookie-cutters on me before. I'm debating doing so again.
    The navigation throughout the LotRO site is horrible. You can quote me on that.
    You say "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by jakefoy92 View Post
    Yes, I'm on Dwarrowdelf server, so PMing in-game will only work if you're in that server. What I meant was you can send me a PM on this forum site. Toons name is Flynnwick.