We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cost of Housing Storage Upgrades

To go from 30 -> 45 slots requires 100 Mithril coins OR 25 Gold - Single
    To go from 60 -> 75 slots requires 100 Mithril coins (no gold option) - Deluxe
    To go from 90 -> 105 slots requires 100 Mithril coins (no gold option) - Kin

...I feel that this is far overpriced when you consider that 100 mithril coins costs 850 TP. Since you can't actually buy JUST 850 TP, you'd have to drop (at a minimum) 20 bucks for a single upgrade. This is FAR too much real life money for fake-world storage. I'd be willing to pay closer to five bucks. Nor do I understand why I can't simply pay TP for the upgrade--at this point, mithril coins are beginning to feel like nothing more than an unfavorable conversion rate.

Furthermore...why is there no option to pay gold for upgrading kin-house storage? If a kin decides to expand their housing chests, who's going to foot the bill? There's no way for all the kin-members to get together (efficiently, anyway) and chip in mithril coins towards an upgrade.

I'd like to suggest significantly lowering these costs, and adding a purchase-with-gold option to upgrade kin storage.

EDIT:

As someone later in the thread pointed out--why should housing storage be cheaper than bank storage? Another poster has kindly included an excellent list of reasons, which I am reproducing here:

* Housing storage can only be accessed at one location.
    * It is the only form of storage that can be shared between players.
    * There is already a price to get the house, on top of opening the chests, so the total chest cost is actually higher.
    * House storage has a rental fee. Bank storage is free once it's purchased.
    * You don't get a refund on your chest if you lose the house. Bank storage is forever.
    Last edited by Cennwyn; Dec 05 2013 at 06:23 PM.

I agree. This is very short-sighted on the part of the devs regarding the Kinship House storage issue.

Traditionally Kinship members chip in for items like storage. There is no way to make this happen now. This means only the Kin leader has to use her or his own personal store of TP (which translates to real-world money), in order to purchase more Kinship storage. This is very unfriendly to Kinships.

I am growing more disappointed with LOTRO with each change they make. Everything is being geared toward the expenditure of real money to unlock all of its features, and this game is being cheapened into those horrible cash-grab Free To Play games.

Agreed. The costs, both the gold and Mithril coins are so overpriced its laughable. I was holding out hope that the pricing scheme in beta was just a dummy pricing scheme and that it would drop DRASTICALLY by the time it went live.

As it is now, even though I would like to increase my personal housing storage above 60 slots, I will NEVER do it. 10 Mithril Coins? Maybe. 100 Coins? Hell will have to freeze over first. Turbine does realize i can buy MULTIPLE games on Steam for less than $10 (roughly the equivalent to what 100 Mithril coins is worth) Whatever happened to these ingame purchase being MICRO-transactions? when did they become MACRO-transactions =P

I'm glad my kin house storage was grandfathered in with all 90 slots and feel horrible for anyone starting a new kin and having to shell out so much coins or even in game gold to get to 90 slots.

Unbelievable guys... simply unbelievable
    Did I Err?

The gold prices are completely out of reach for new players, as well as those who spend most of their time in social/RP activities.

The Mithril Coin prices are incredibly high. I can see where someone might think they were in line with other upgrades, but I don't think it's fair to consider storage space just another upgrade.
    * First, the storage space is needed to solve a problem. It is necessary to deal with the incredible number of items required for crafting, completing tasks, and working on legendary items.
    * Second, there are already three types of storage that cost Turbine Points (real life money) to upgrade - vault, shared storage and wardrobe. Now with four items, it's starting to feel like Turbine is asking for cash everywhere you turn.

I agree with earlier posts that this puts kinships in a bind, since someone will be asked to shell out money. It seems more reasonable that the kinship be able to divide up the work of paying for upgrades among members by allowing them pay in gold.

This is also cumbersome for people who use alt-accounts to buy extra houses. Kinships have done this in the past to help with sharing craft materials and other resources, since there wasn't enough storage in a kinhouse. Now, players will need to buy MC for an account they don't use, which means the extra MC will be wasted. Extra MC would probably be used on a main account, but it doesn't serve any purpose on a housing-alt account. Any cosmetics or other goodies bought with extra MC wouldn't transfer to the main account's characters.

$10+ per upgrade is high. Let's encourage people to take advantage of housing by cutting this price in half.
    --= Windy Acres Ranch -- http://SteelAndMagic.com =--

It is up to our behavior as customers to effect change. We have to refuse to buy these upgrades in large enough numbers that Turbine does not get the dollars that they want. Unfortunately if enough people pay these prices the prices are not going down except for a potential 20% off sale 3 months down the road.

The other possibility is to make so much racket that Turbine decides to calm the masses with a price reduction. Turbine typically is highly resistant to changes to Lotro products and prices.

My personal opinion. It seems like Turbine has gotten less and less willing to negotiate on product prices as time passes. The prices on newer products keep going up. I do not have a clue as to whether:

a) There is a significant population of wealthy people playing Lotro. Folks that are willing to spend 100, 200 500 dollars a month on the game. Turbine is trying to create luxury products for these customers. The people on a much slower budget are going to have to do without. These lower budget folks are not the people they are after.

If you look at products like clothing there are "for the masses versions" of T-shirts for 2-5 dollar range. There are the luxury T-Shirts that are 60-90 dollars. The folks providing the 60-90 T-shirts could not care less that Yula is not going to pay that.

b) Turbine has a revenue target they have to meet set by Warner Brothers and the upper most level of Turbine. Lower prices will not fulfill the requirement to gather the necessary dollars. Too few dollars was 2012 problem that resulted in Turbine having to discontinue services and dismiss employees. When you are not meeting your profit targets, you have to find to gather more dollars or reduce your costs or both.

It may be that Turbine can't produce products that I consider affordable because their costs are too high and sales volume is too low.

I vaguely recall that these prices are not out of whack for storage. I seem to recall Turbine pricing 15 slots of storage for 995 Turbine Points which is about 100 Mithril Coins. I have to check vault, wardrobe and shared storage prices the next time I am in game.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I totally agree...

As it stands housing storage upgrades for me is not going to happen. There is no way I can justify paying that kind of money for such a little return on investment. Would I like to upgrade my storage? You bet I would, but not at those prices. With all my real world bills, I am finding a hard time scraping up the cash to purchase expansions and quest packs already. If I am very lucky I may be able to purchase Helms Deep sometime after Christmas, so there is no way I will waste good money on storage at this point.

As for the Kinship storage, I know I would not expect my kin leader (or anyone else for that matter) to shell out that much money for only 15 slots. In addition to lower costs, if there was a way to spread out the cost among multiple willing members it might become worth it to look at.

Until then I do not see any reason to consider upgrading housing storage.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

7. /signed.

That they have added the option to expand housing storage is nice, but yikes! Not at that price. Shoot, I bet folks would rather spend their money on PS4 or Xbox One games instead of housing storage. I do hope they drop the price and soon.

I like how they have improved the storage features, though. A definite plus. =)

Honor and fun,
    Dannigan of the Lonely Mountain Band
    a.k.a Cubbles (because my friends gave me that nickname and I love them far too much to ditch it).

Lifetime Subscriber - Thank you so much for the referrals (you know who you are)!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000158b0f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

What is wrong with Warner bros? These housing chest prices are obscene. Lets get this under control please. Such a fine game, why dont you advertise nationally? You wont need to charge so much for store items when hundreds of thousands of new players enter.
    [URL="http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Nibli/media/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae340/Nibli/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Landroval Server
    Officer of The Lonely Mountain Band
    Whilst cooking for Elevensies, Tinki floors 2 Orcs with her frying pan and fresh caught fish. The frying pan critted for 18 hp and the fish was extra tender afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    It is up to our behavior as customers to effect change. We have to refuse to buy these upgrades in large enough numbers that Turbine does not get the dollars that they want. Unfortunately if enough people pay these prices the prices are not going down except for a potential 20% off sale 3 months down the road.

The other possibility is to make so much racket that Turbine decides to calm the masses with a price reduction. Turbine typically is highly resistant to changes to Lotro products and prices.

My personal opinion. It seems like Turbine has gotten less and less willing to negotiate on product prices as time passes. The prices on newer products keep going up. I do not have a clue as to whether:

a) There is a significant population of wealthy people playing Lotro. Folks that are willing to spend 100, 200 500 dollars a month on the game. Turbine is trying to create luxury products for these customers. The people on a much slower budget are going to have to do without. These lower budget folks are not the people they are after.

If you look at products like clothing there are "for the masses versions" of T-shirts for 2-5 dollar range. There are the luxury T-Shirts that are 60-90 dollars. The folks providing the 60-90 T-shirts could not care less that Yula is not going to pay that.

b) Turbine has a revenue target they have to meet set by Warner Brothers and the upper most level of Turbine. Lower prices will not fulfill the requirement to gather the necessary dollars. Too few dollars was 2012 problem that resulted in Turbine having to discontinue services and dismiss employees. When you are not meeting your profit targets, you have to find to gather more dollars or reduce your costs or both.

It may be that Turbine can't produce products that I consider affordable because their costs are too high and sales volume is too low.

I vaguely recall that these prices are not out of whack for storage. I seem to recall Turbine pricing 15 slots of storage for 995 Turbine Points which is about 100 Mithril Coins. I have to check vault, wardrobe and shared storage prices the next time I am in game.

I agree with most of your points but the larger issue is that a hybrid FTP/Subscription model ultimately does not work for the subscribers. I do not know if Turbine was not making enough money on subs or whether they just thought they should jump into the FTP bandwagon to bring in more profits. However, now that this model is here the subscribers are continuing to pay their monthly fees but will see no improvements or added features to the game included with their sub. Now that Turbine has seen the FTP money, everything moving forward will be monetized.

See if we were all subscribers and complaining about lack of storage or whatever needed to improve, Turbine would have improved those issues eventually because they were being demanded by enough subscribers and they wanted to keep you. But now they have no such motivation because of the hybrid model. VIP will see no additional perks or benefits and this is the part that sucks. If you want FTPers to pay for these perks, fine, because ultimately they do not pay a monthly sub. But some improvements and features should be given to your subscribers at NO ADDITIONAL REAL MONEY CHARGE, this particular item being a good example.

It will no longer happen. There is no point to subscribing if we all have to pay more money on top of that sub for every future improvement. And saying they are going after the segment of the player population with "expendable cash" is all well and good and may even be the case, but once again that means that VIP customers will not get any additional features or improvements without paying real money as well.

Say what you will about that other huge MMO that will not be named, but when something was added or improved, as a monthly subscriber I got it at no additional charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cennwyn View Post
    My To go from 30 -> 45 slots requires 100 Mithril coins OR 25 Gold - Single
    To go from 60 -> 75 slots requires 100 Mithril coins (no gold option) - Deluxe
    To go from 90 -> 105 slots requires 100 Mithril coins (no gold option) - Kin

...I feel that this is far overpriced when you consider that 100 mithril coins costs 850 TP. Since you can't actually buy JUST 850 TP, you'd have to drop (at a minimum) 20 bucks for a single upgrade. This is FAR too much real life money for fake-world storage.
    From the release notes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    • Housing Chests have undergone a transformation. They now function more like vaults and other storage and can be upgraded to 60 storage spaces via in-game gold and to 120 via Mithril. Kinship houses can be upgraded to 90 and 180 respectively. Personal housing chests will accept bound items from the account that purchased the house. Kinship housing chests will not allow bound items.
    They appear to have improved on several things:
    • same UI as vault, including tabbed chests and search (nice)
    • can now store bound items in chests of standard and deluxe homes (yay)
    • being able to expand them at all
    • same storage cap on chests for standard and deluxe
    • able to double the gold-capped storage limit via MC (via TP)

While it looks expensive, consider that expanding shared storage (when it isn't on sale) costs 695 TP for 10 spaces, or 69.5 per space; that would make 15 spaces 1042.5 TP, so even if you accumulated MC by increments of 25, that's still only 1000 TP and is a slight discount by comparison. You can still get the 100 MC directly for 850 TP, which is another form of discount, and they have in the past (separately, of course) put TP and MC "on sale". Don't forget that it's also possible to earn those TP in-game; while that isn't "instant", it's the trade-off between wanting it "now" and working for it to get it "later".

Nor do I understand why I can't simply pay TP for the upgrade--at this point, mithril coins are beginning to feel like nothing more than an unfavorable conversion rate.
    MC seems to be their current direction for stuff like this, which makes it seem odd that you can't also expand shared storage or per character vault space via MC; maybe they just haven't got to that yet and it's coming "Soon™".

Furthermore...why is there no option to pay gold for upgrading kin-house storage? If a kin decides to expand their housing chests, who's going to foot the bill? There's no way for all the kin-members to get together (efficiently, anyway) and chip in mithril coins towards an upgrade.
    Absolutely have to agree with you on this point. If they want to insist on using some form of "almost real" currency via MC via TP (via real $ if necessary), there should be a way for members to donate that. Using an analogy from another game (at the risk of having this edited), in STO members of a fleet can contribute to projects, some of which require dilithium, which can be either earned in-game or bought for Zen (their TP) on the dilithium exchange from other players, which can in turn be bought outside the game - or even earned outside the game via surveys (don't get me started on that bit). So, functionally, STO provided players with a method of splitting in-game costs via both in-game and real-world $.

Personally, I'll probably evaluate my desire/need for additional storage and, if I either want or need it enough, I'll probably get it - waiting for the corresponding sales where possible, of course.
    Last edited by Kolwyn; Nov 21 2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: accidentally hit post instead of preview the first time
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000011cfe8/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011; Intel Core i7 quad core 2 GHz/8GB) • OS X 10.10 • Parallels 9 • Windows 7 SP1

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyn View Post
    While it looks expensive, consider that expanding shared storage (when it isn't on sale) costs 695 TP for 10 spaces, or 69.5 per space; that would make 15 spaces 1042.5 TP, so even if you accumulated MC by increments of 25, that's still only 1000 TP and is a slight discount by comparison. You can still get the 100 MC directly for 850 TP, which is another form of discount, and they have in the past (separately, of course) put TP and MC "on sale". Don't forget that it's also possible to earn those TP in-game; while that isn't "instant", it's the trade-off between wanting it "now" and working for it to get it "later".
    I agree that it's possible to purchase these rewards by saving up. But for me, given how much money I make in real life, and how much time I can spend to grind additional TP, that "later" is...well, let's simply say it's disappointing.

I've played STO, so I'm familiar with the system you describe. I feel the entire purpose of a kin or a guild is for a lot of people to combine their time and effort in order to accomplish more than any one person could individually. By making additional kin-storage only purchasable through Mithril Coins, they've made that sort of collaboration impossible.

Just want to throw in my 2 cents' worth. I think that things are getting a little out of hand with the Mithril Coins. Perhaps if Mithril Coins weren't so expensive it would help matters, but then there's the matter of storage in kin houses and not being able to let folks in the kin help out with storage costs. Unfortunately it all just looks like a money-grab on Turbine's part, which I hate to say, but that's what it looks like from my perspective. I can see having F2P folks have to pay for services, quest packs, etc., but now with Mithril Coins seemingly taking over Middle Earth, this is one VIP player who feels like they are getting squeezed. What's the use of being VIP if we're still going to get soaked by having to purchase an enormous amount of TP in order to buy huge quantities of Mithril Coins? At the very least things should be adjusted, but I'd love to see in-game gold options come back - even if they are very high.

/signed

C'mon WB... get it together man.
    Tamoro Quickfoot, esq. Gentleman Farmer/Cook/Brewer. Treasure-hunter (semi-retired) and Husband of the lovely Tearna

Lonely Mountain Band/Quickfoot Estates - Landroval

Since you can't actually buy JUST 850 TP, you'd have to drop (at a minimum) 20 bucks for a single upgrade.
    No you don't have to, there are other ways to obtain TP.

Agreed!!

Seems that more and more items are coming in priced to sell for the mithril coins only. With the exchange rate from real money to TP's to Mithril coins, the costs for storage upgrades seem outrageously high. I think the best move most of us can make at this time is to refuse to buy another mithril coin, and forgo any upgrades to storage. I would rather toss out the pixels I am storing then pay far too much money in the current economy for more virtual storage.
    The Lonely Mountain Band
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

I simply *will not* use mithril coin currency at the current exchange rates, now or ever.

In game choices like housing storage needs to be available for gold, or a modicum of TP.

The only hope we have of getting them to reduce the price on housing storage is to make it a failed experiment on their part by not paying for it, as others have wisely stated.

I've even "won" mithril coins from hobbit presents; they sit in my wallet unused.

Turbine needs to hear this and pay attention. I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game in the past couple of years in an effort to support its continued existence, but there is a limit and a line that I will not cross. I left SWTOR over their naked money grabbing behavior; and if this game goes too far in that direction I'll spend my money elsewhere - believe me I have no problems reallocating my disposable income to another source.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnower View Post

Turbine needs to hear this and pay attention. I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game in the past couple of years in an effort to support its continued existence, but there is a limit and a line that I will not cross. I left SWTOR over their naked money grabbing behavior; and if this game goes too far in that direction I'll spend my money elsewhere - believe me I have no problems reallocating my disposable income to another source.
    Amen.
    I'm a lifetimer and i usually wait a month or so to buy things i want. Not spending a penny over a virtual world.
    On the other hand i've always bought the most expensive version of expansions in advance, with real money even if i could afford to buy them with TP. I did that because i want to support them and show appreciacion, but this Mithril Coin currency thing is ridiculous.
    Don't let me regret supporting you all these years acting like greedy ********.

I've only gone VIP once (to unlock stuff), but have doled out probably $400 USD and then some in the year and a half I have been playing to get quest packs, mounts, TP, you name it.

I will not pay such an outrageous sum for Mithril Coins just for 15 lousy storage slots. Especially when they just doubled and tripled the amount of crafting items my main (a forester/woodworker) is going to have to store because of those asinine processing levels within a tier. It's FORCING players to cough up money rather than helping to alleviate the storage issue.

I've said it before and I've said it again -- I work retail management, and nobody at Turbine seems to have a clue how to manage THEIR retail and maintain happy customers. Somebody in marketing is smoking something instead.

You know what this new forum set-up needs? Polls. Letting our money talk for us takes far longer to have an effect, and there are too many people who waste their money just because they can and don't value it. It's not accurate. Direct feedback from players via polls would seem to be something worth implementing. (A few lines of code, requiring people to be logged in -- tada, instant feedback.)

I doled out a large sum to pre-order Helm's Deep. I'm not thrilled with the 'improvements.' It will be a while before I give Turbine any more of my money. And that's coming from someone who bought all the quest packs except Wildermore, and has a premium mount on 6 characters -- character slots I had to buy, not being VIP.
    I can understand your anger at me, but what could you possibly have against the horse I rode in on?
    --------------------------------------------------
    > Founder of Legacy of Narsilion <
    - Extra Life Gamer | Captain, [+INT] Intelligence Modifiers -
    --------------------------------------------------

/signed

These storage costs are ridiculous. I have no intention of plonking down that much money for something so ephemeral, nor can I really afford to. It's also ridiculous that something billed as being for level 15 and above is going to cost over 100 gold--that's more in-game money than my level 65 character has ever seen, even counting everything she's spent and sent out.

The pricing changes to the housing storage system is just another decision in a ever growing list of decisions some entity at Turbine is making to squeeze more money from us players!

The trend at Turbine appears to be making their game more of a money sink for those who feel compelled to continue investing because of what we have already invested!

Well, that is no longer working for me... I use to pay sub fees for 5 accounts (kind of excessive but i was hoping to eventually get more of my family involved in playing) but I ended that months ago when it become all too apparent that: 1) family members not interested and 2) my return on monetary investment in Lotro was gradually diminishing with practically every new update and expansion.

Turbine has more than likely lost all my subscibers fees. I did buy the HD xpac but only at the last possible moment before it went live. I use to buy the deluxe version of the expansion for all 5 accounts. Now I purchased it only for my wife's and my main subscription account. My wife and I are both sem-retired and could easily afford maintaining our two main subs and associated annual expansion costs (we both enjoy this form of entertainment).

But Turbine is losing us, this may be the last time we spend real money on their game which is a shame because we are both huge Tolkien fans.

I have in earlier posts vowed I would make it to Mordor with Turbine, but now I am not to sure I or my wife will want to under their present state of game conditions/decisions...
    Last edited by welden; Nov 22 2013 at 03:23 PM.
    Welden of Elendilmir

When I read the developer notes I thought GREAT, lots more storage in my deluxe house with in-game gold. Wrong, the deluxe house no longer has 2 chests and the kinship house no longer has 3 so that nurfed that idea. In addition to that where the old chests were, the least Turbine could do was put a decoration hook there.

So now that the deluxe house has the same amount of storage available (once upgraded) as the regular house, Why pay the added initial cost and upkeep for a deluxe?

The housing chest pricing is a bit of an outrage, I am regretting buying a kinhouse after the update and can only afford the 30 spaces (yes I'm a poor little hobbit). To upgrade it to 45 costs 25g or 100 mithril coins.
    Kinhouses the under the old housing model now have 90 storage slots - and the pricing to buy the 3 chests for this was reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by welden View Post
    The trend at Turbine appears to be making their game more of a money sink for those who feel compelled to continue investing because of what we have already invested!
    I agree.

I want to make it clear that I have no problem paying real-world money for a thing I love. But I would prefer the marketing be a little more subtle when it comes to a game like LOTRO. And I honestly feel the right approach for an MMO is to nickel-and-dime the player, rather than demanding big chunks of change up front. I'm happy to pay five bucks for a store item, for example--and I will likely buy four or five such items throughout the month. It doesn't feel like a big deal. But asking me to drop $25 bucks at once and I start to hesitate--yes, I know it's silly to get sticker shock over $25 bucks, but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Caernach View Post
    I agree with most of your points but the larger issue is that a hybrid FTP/Subscription model ultimately does not work for the subscribers. I do not know if Turbine was not making enough money on subs or whether they just thought they should jump into the FTP bandwagon to bring in more profits. However, now that this model is here the subscribers are continuing to pay their monthly fees but will see no improvements or added features to the game included with their sub. Now that Turbine has seen the FTP money, everything moving forward will be monetized.
    I play two item store FTP / subscriber hybrid games. One of course is Lotro which was one of the MMORPG that went hybrid early on. The other is Swtor that developed their hybrid model after seeing Lotro and DDO in action.

In Swtor there is a huge difference between what you get and can buy as Free or Preferred (our Premium) customer versus a subscriber. Many features are always rental. Subscribers get them as long as they are subscribers. Non subscribers have to rent them on a weekly basis. You get to keep very few benefits when you drop to Preferred. One such example is that there is currency cap lift for Free or Preferred. Most of your credits are locked up in the escrow. One good benefit is that people who did not buy the Hutt Cartel expansion when it was new. They get for free as a subscriber. Unlike Lotro, you are not earning much in the way of Cartel Coins (item store currency) by playing the game. You going to pay dollars to rent as a subscriber. Or pay dollars to buy Cartel Coins. Or use credits to buy stuff from people that spend dollars to get the stuff from the Cartel Market. That is another difference. Item store products are not bound to the buying character or account. Many can be sold on the Auction Hall (GTN).

Personally I think the Swtor hybrid model is more profitable for Bioware and EA Games than the Lotro version is for Turbine. It seems to be very popular with the customers. There is real value in being a subscriber all the time. There is not anything that a subscriber needs to buy in the Cartel Market. They do not sell stuff like store only storage upgrades. Storage upgrades for Cartel Coins are an option for wealthy players who do not want to spend credits.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

The cost in gold is prohibitive for many, particularly for the lower level characters who may have saved up all the money they have just to buy the house in the first place. On Tuesday, it cost them 600 silver to unlock 60 slots in a deluxe house. Today, that costs 156 gold. I can understand a minor price jump that puts those slots beyond the reach of money-capped free players. Beyond that, this favours the gold farmers and auction hall hawks. Prices should not be set for those at the top of the totem pole. It should be put in line with the character vault prices, as it was in the past.

I actually have no issue with a reasonable mithril coin price for expanding beyond that 60. 100 mithril coins for 15 slots is not reasonable, and it's not good business. At 25 coins per 15 slots, I would purchase some extra storage for most of the extra houses our kin uses and would gladly purchase more coins. I'd do a handful at 50 coins. 100 is a line I'm not going to cross. They get money off of me at 25, and perhaps for 50 as well. At 100 they get nothing because the cost far exceeds the value as far as I am concerned.

I've had a bitter taste in my mouth because of this ever since Helm's Deep was released. I had hoped that they would listen to the beta testers on this one. I still hold out some small sliver of hope they will listen now. As a kin leader I feel as though I am letting my kinmates down by not shelling out the money to increase our storage. I worry I will let new players down because I can no longer lend them the money necessary to get 60 storage spots. At least on that one a kin can work together. But the kin house storage requires one person to make a sacrifice.

A reasonable price would compel me to pay for that. This price just makes me want to log out.
    Rosalie from Crickhollow's Second Breakfast
    Community events reporter at lotroplayers.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Visit secondbreakfast.guildlaunch.co m & crickhollowmusic.guildlaunch.c om
    Our weekly events--Fridays 9pm: Bread & Jam at the Prancing Pony
    Saturdays 1pm: Breakfast Club plays at Bree-town's South Gate
    Saturdays 4:30pm: Dulcet Tones play at the fountain in front of the Pony
    Sundays at 11am and Mondays at 11pm: Elevenses at the Bird & Baby
    Wednesdays at 11am & 10:30pm: Midweek Tunes & Ales around Eriador
    Find out about the kinships of Crickhollow at crickhollowkins.tumblr.com