We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Define "Ezmoder"

Do it.

I'm interested to see how many of you who call me one will define it. Because, I'm pretty sure at this point in time your definition defines almost everyone in the moors.

Decided to forsake the other thread since it was going nowhere and obviously people will always do their own thing no matter how many times they're called out for it. This one should be even more fun.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    Do it.

I'm interested to see how many of you who call me one will define it. Because, I'm pretty sure at this point in time your definition defines almost everyone in the moors.

Decided to forsake the other thread since it was going nowhere and obviously people will always do their own thing no matter how many times they're called out for it. This one should be even more fun.
    To me an ezmoder is a group of players (freep/creep) who camp an area, make a raid to kill players, or make a raid to pve but then when they actually have competition most of the raid logs. From my perspective, and I think if freeps were being honest, this happens more with groups of freeps than groups of creeps.

Do it.

Now Swift, I wouldn't really call you what I call an ezmoder and there are really more than just one kind..

My favorite are those that really get upset when I call them ezmoders because of all the grinding they do (which really isn't easy). However, the ez comes when they finally do show up in the Ettenmoors on their OP Freeps. That's the ones I enjoy killing the most.. They rarely solo and tend to leave as soon as their opness gets zerged. Then they complain about how op the other side is..

The other type of ezmoders are the ones that constantly flip to whatever side looks to be the easiest to farm their comms or infamy/renown on. Using Vic's efforts as an example: He calls out for pvp in glff and gets little to no response and 10 minutes later, calls out for camping Creeps and gets serveral. Those are ezmoders. These are also referred to as "Fair Weather PvPr's".

Let's also define what PvP is? Flipping Keeps, Outpost and capturing Relics is not PvE if the opposition is attempting to defend those or if one side is doing it with the intention of starting some PvP.. "Capture the Flag" is the basic design of the PvP in this game and those are all flags. Camping/Farming one another at the Steps or Rezzes may be PvP technically, but is it really good PvP? Fighting over real-state is still the best type of PvP in this game.

With that said, the reward systems in this game are messed up. Rewards should only be gained when one side or the other accomplishes PvP goals (capturing a flag). However, with all the ezmoding flipflopping we have, this would get abused and would simply be another way for those ezmoders to farm more.

So, the best PvP would be not to have any incentives to come to the Ettenmoors except to PvP, at which point we'd realize that very few people would come for.
    Bottom line is most people don't really care for actual PvP which brings us back to square one. We may as well make the best of what we have and find our own ways to enjoy killing one another.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

I define them as the 20 freeps who gang up in one big ball go run to somewhere "safe" kill a bunch of solo creeps. Then when they get skull dragged by what is normally less numbers, they go whining off to their mama or bff's shoulder to complain about how mean we are. My mission is to zerg these idiots out of the moors cause if I can't login and enjoy some good fights then they aren't gonna log in and enjoy camping/farming while I'm on.
    Warisi(Champ).......Rangers of the West
    Philladeas(WL), GrumpyCat(Warg)...Soldiers Of The White Hand
    DocPhil(Defiler), HardCharger(Reaver).....Shadow of the West
    1/2 of the WLBrigade

R-u-n-e-k-e-e-p-e-r

W-a-r-d-e-n

B-u-r-g-l-a-r
    Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover - Men at Work.
    You're welcome. Now it will fester in your head :p

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    R-u-n-e-k-e-e-p-e-r

W-a-r-d-e-n

B-u-r-g-l-a-r
    You really haven't been on your BA for some time now, right?

To me, ezmoders are ones that change sides to the one that's winning. As soon as they are outnumbered and outgunned - "sorry, gotta go, bye now", and then 5 minutes later you see them in that same opposite group/raid that made them left in the first place.

I totally agree with Gun with that - choose a side at least for that day. Stay true to yourself on top of that - if you're playing a freep-be a freep, if you're on creep-be a creep.
    Trait trees have ruined the game

I've been called an easymoder for not letting creeps kill me before. Seriously. I use a cooldown to turn a fight around. An ability I would probably have died without using and apparently I'm a terrible player for winning a fight. Thankfully this doesnt happen so much lately but it is totally a thing and it is totally hilarious.

I don't really care enough to get mad at this game anymore. I've kind of accepted that the community is terrible most of the time.

The type of easymoding that kind of gets to me still is the people that only play the strongest classes in the meta game. But even that isn't really a thing anymore. I was trying to think of an example just now but I can't really think a class that just completely dominates everything. Maybe a warden with their broken bleeds. Yeah lets go with that. If you haven't played your warden much for the last few years and suddenly start bringing it out to the moors to spam OP bleeds. You are the AT&T of people.
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

Oh yea, EZ-Mode is also camping newbies at grams with a pocket Cappie and a Burg pack.. That is about as EZ as you can get.. hahaha
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

A bit off topic...
    I really don't understand Grams camp; with 15 maps at disposal to almost every above r5 creep and a safe path to DG... Staying at Grams to be ez targets doesn't seem too smart to me,unless they manage to score some infamy with a little help from 1-shooters
    Trait trees have ruined the game

Quote Originally Posted by Mucica View Post
    A bit off topic...
    I really don't understand Grams camp; with 15 maps at disposal to almost every above r5 creep and a safe path to DG... Staying at Grams to be ez targets doesn't seem too smart to me,unless they manage to score some infamy with a little help from 1-shooters
    Yea, agreed.. But as I said in an earlier post. Most don't come out for the pvp.. Camps/Farms bring out those looking for the ez comms and renown/infamy.

Not to rustle any jimmies, but a lot of the time (not always by any means, but often enough) those that are camping grams are people with high ranked creeps. When they're out camping grams there's like four not <r6 creeps on, often there's 20 or more camping grams. You can map in and run in behind and you're just as dead as if you'd just stayed there. But we keep trying 'cause we like fighting and we're dumb. xD

I'm sure you mean just map out and go quest or whatever, but most of the time the whole map is blue so you can gather some things, surely, but that's about it.

I M ezmoder. Sit on my face.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000ae792/signature.png]Eunuch[/charsig]
    My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. My power is discombobulatingly devastating.

A bit off topic...

Cause contrary to popular belief the moors isn't a pve zone. It isn't supposed to be a one sided farm/zerg fest that all the raids have become in pve land. This competition fights back.
    Last edited by Bennybo; Jan 14 2014 at 04:02 PM. Reason: accidentally quoted guns instead of mucica
    1/2 of the WLBrigade

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkshipOfLanterns View Post
    I M ezmoder. Sit on my face.
    #urbad #NOOOOPE
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mucica View Post
    A bit off topic...
    I understand it. It's called, "being lazy". Don't under estimate the power of convenience, even if a kill comes once in a blue moon.
    Clown • Reject • Gigabytes

Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    I understand it. It's called, "being lazy". Don't under estimate the power of convenience, even if a kill comes once in a blue moon.
    The "map somewhere else" argument has always been flawed. Mapping somewhere else means you have a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very slim to none chance of finding a freep/creep elsewhere besides the camp at grams/GV.

In other words, you have a choice:
    Plan A) Sit at grams/GV and fight, and die a lot, and possibly get a couple of kills here and there

Plan B) Ride around/map around the moors and find nothing, PvE in a PvP zone for one or two quests if you even have one keep flipped to your side, and have a grand ol' boring time.

I will choose Plan A 99% of the time. I'd rather die a lot for a small chance at a kill, than avoiding death and having an even smaller chance at getting a kill.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

The "map somewhere else" argument has always been flawed. Mapping somewhere else means you have a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very slim to none chance of finding a freep/creep elsewhere besides the camp at grams/GV.

In other words, you have a choice:
    Plan A) Sit at grams/GV and fight, and die a lot, and possibly get a couple of kills here and there

Plan B) Ride around/map around the moors and find nothing, PvE in a PvP zone for one or two quests if you even have one keep flipped to your side, and have a grand ol' boring time.

I will choose Plan A 99% of the time. I'd rather die a lot for a small chance at a kill, than avoiding death and having an even smaller chance at getting a kill.
    Yeah. So, being lazy.

I love being lazy too. Ranged or heal class. Tag the things. Stay in the back and get 0 deaths to your 10 kills per hour. I think, if you start taking away the renown buffs for grams campers they will eventually leave. Convincing people to leave a farm session takes work. Something people don't want to do. Better to just sit at grams and progress slowly. Is it pvp? Nope. Just convenient slop, that people do find fun at times, as much as they say they hate it.

A hunter with three rows of buffs and three healers healing him. I wonder who that could be... OOOOO yeah the person who started this thread.
    Trashboth-Trashladden
    [IMG]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/674x475q90/540/okyUr8.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Fererif View Post
    A hunter with three rows of buffs and three healers healing him. I wonder who that could be... OOOOO yeah the person who started this thread.
    he doesnt decide whether they heal him or not, thats something they choose. how the moors is atm everyone can have two lines of buffs or more easily.
    Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover - Men at Work.
    You're welcome. Now it will fester in your head :p

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    he doesnt decide whether they heal him or not, thats something they choose. how the moors is atm everyone can have two lines of buffs or more easily.
    First of all with everything auto flipping in less ur taking keeps with out stop unbuffed u still only have 1 row of buffs. And grouping ( watch as he say he wasnt grouped) with a ton of healer is basic asking for tons of heals.
    Trashboth-Trashladden
    [IMG]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/674x475q90/540/okyUr8.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Fererif View Post
    And grouping ( watch as he say he wasnt grouped) with a ton of healer is basic asking for tons of heals.
    Proving people wrong seems to be my speciality.

Yes, I get heals when I am near healers. Thanks to them, I often live to fight against the million FOTM warg packs. No, I don't group most of the time I'm in the moors. I stay solo as long as I can until I see that forming a raid is necessary to get kills. See my previous thread about why I discourage the "group up CUZ WE CAN" mentality.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

This is a group. It's just a group with "poor communication". It also shows you're at grams standing next to a boxer. How is this not ez-mode? The logic escapes me. Admit your hypocrisy and be CLEANSED! And maybe people will stop booting you from ventrilo and/or kin ...and don't do drugs.

Is it only me that finds the boxer's kin "casual pvping" hilarious. I'm pretty sure there is a lot more folks that need to join him.
    1/2 of the WLBrigade

This is a group. It's just a group with "poor communication".
    Wait, what? Haha, no.

People standing in the same area with no communication/coordination = not a group. Group implies communication. Saying that it is a group just because several freeps are standing next to each other... is... simply... wrong. That's like saying the color red is blue. I can't even argue against it, because it is so obviously wrong.

It also shows you're at grams standing next to a boxer. How is this not ez-mode? The logic escapes me. Admit your hypocrisy and be CLEANSED!
    I see a picture in my mind... you standing next to a certain creep boxer... but wait! You're not only standing next to him, you're in his group. And, that boxer has 12, not 4! Heh.

Me standing by a boxer does not imply that I support boxing in any way. You specifically grouping with a boxer and healing him, does. So keep on talking about hypocrisy....

Oh, also, while you're at it, tell me more about ezmode and fairweather pvping when you actually stay out in the moors after wiping once or twice on creepside, and don't *coincidentally* come back when creeps are back on the advantage again.

P.S. Boxers are easy to kill. I have solo'd the hunter boxer on my reaver multiple times. In fact, they're far, FAR easier to kill than 4 freeps who aren't controlled by the same person.

And maybe people will stop booting you from ventrilo and/or kin ...and don't do drugs.
    Hypocrisy is not the reason I get booted from those... let's be honest here. I get booted from those because I'm blunt. And honest. Those two things make people's opinions of me sway drastically. When I'm arguing in their favor, people love me and are fine with me. When I'm not, they suddenly despise me. People are fickle, especially those who claim "oh, I don't care about _______." And then get upset later. Those are the worst, because they quickly turn into passive aggressive bigots, which is really pathetic in a video game of all things.

@Poppies, firstly, let me point you to the above statement that "group implies communication." Standing next to others does not. Secondly, and this is gonna sound repetitive, because I think I've already told you this in game, but solo doesn't equal stupid. I don't split from other freeps when I'm solo on my hunter, for 2 reasons.

1) Hunters are simply not viable solo anymore. More than 2 creeps on a hunter, and you can't get skills off. Any hunter who tells you that they can get a kill against more than 2 creeps, either isn't playing his/her hunter anymore, or uses the store to make up for the difference.

2) FOTM wargs. I can't get a kill against two effective wargs who know how to press buttons in the right order. And when there's just one effective warg with three others near him, which happens quite often, I am dead in an instant. I don't like dying without getting a kill. So I stick near other freeps. Sometimes they use store trackers and keep the wargs at bay, other times they can finish off a warg so I can actually get a kill from the grave.

Now, I don't see anyone truly solo in the sense that they are far away from other freeps/creeps nowadays. It just doesn't happen. If you have ever seen this in the past 6 months, please, tell me who. I applaud them.

Just as I told clown above about the grams camp idea, when you leave the action (aka, the other freeps/creeps), you leave your chances at getting kills behind too. Sure, you can roam the map and find the occasional questing low rank noob, but I have never enjoyed that style of play. That is not challenging. Fighting creeps at grams, even if it's a "camp," always includes a major risk of dying. Point of fact, my reaver kills grams camping freeps all the time. There's no room to complain about not getting kills at a camp. It's always possible.

If running around searching for and ganking noobs is soloing, I've never solo'ed. Boo hoo. In addition... you waste time searching for others. I have more important uses for my time than roaming the moors looking for someone, anyone, who's not where the action is. If there's creeps in TR, you won't find a freep in hoarhallow. I stay with the freeps on my hunter and the creeps on my reaver because that's where I'll find other people to kill or be killed by. I don't stay with them to ezmode, I stay with them because I don't like wasting time doing nothing in the moors, I like being where the action is. That's really not hard to understand. Or so I thought.
    Last edited by Bond007; Jan 25 2014 at 01:24 AM.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast