We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Highest dps class?

I am looking at starting a dps alt looking for highest single target dps and one that is most picked in groups and raids endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulinen View Post
    I am looking at starting a dps alt looking for highest single target dps and one that is most picked in groups and raids endgame.
    NOTE: This does not include recent Helm's Deep changes. I'm still plugging away trying to bring my alt army into Moria...

Highest DPS: should be hunter, might also include rune keeper
    Highest DPS that is picked for groups and endgame: champion

Most picked for groups and endgame : minstrel (pretty much a truism that MMOs need healers).

- Note that leveling a hunter is likely easiest due to all those wonderful porting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulinen View Post
    Generally that's Hunters and Runekeepers.

Hunters are among the most popular classes, so while they are picked in groups the supply often is larger than the demand. Runekeepers are also desired in groups but about half the time it's as a primary HEALER, so if you're not willing to play that role also you may not get picked.

In general, DPS classes are more popular than other classes. If you're looking to play DPS then you're looking at being, well, less often the "looking for" class at endgame.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>