We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Helm's Deep tested with the result: very bad

The company Gamestar has looked at the game and rated very bad (Germany Link).

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/der-he...3,3031654.html

Ich gebe der Firma vollkommen recht ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lullu View Post
    The company Gamestar has looked at the game and rated very bad (Germany Link).

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/der-he...3,3031654.html

Ich gebe der Firma vollkommen recht ^^

translated into English

http://translate.google.com/translat...66%26bih%3D678

edit-loosely translated by google translate, there is a link on the page that says go back to page 1 so I must've translated page 2, click the link and page 1 is also translated.
    Last edited by KM3161; Jan 11 2014 at 12:52 PM.

bad is bad in any language...I waited till it was on sale (50% off) and still feel like I got ripped off. there isn't one facet of this game that isn't affected by poor or lazy design, from loot and instances to pvp and bugs/exploits, it runs the gamut of suck.

This expansion is the worst ever...

I liked the changes to trait trees, but everything else is just so bug, not working, lagging, being exploited, dont have a real difficult, no End game and the list goes on...

Regardless of personal opinions, I'm not sure that website's article or rating bear any significance in the grand scheme of things. Whoever wrote that article made two very important mistakes.

First, in including the class changes. The class changes were NOT included in the HD expansion. Everyone in the entire game got those regardless of their HD purchase. Therefore it is not fair or accurate to include the class changes in an article about HD. They came at the same time, but that's it. If an ore node was floating in the middle of Trollshaws and the devs fixed that bug with HD, does that mean the bug fix was a part of HD? No. They merely came at the same time. So, good or bad, discussion or rating for the class changes should not be incorporated into the discussion or rating of HD. They are two completely different fish.

Second, in almost completely disregarding the rest of the expansion. The writer touched extremely lightly on scenery, but gave almost no consideration whatsoever to the landscape questing. Unless that website is a site that grades almost exclusively on the end-games of various MMOs, then to skip the bulk of the expansion is pretty cheap. Where is the discussion of the story lines, both epic and non-epic? Why was 95% of the article almost entirely about the Epic Battles? How can something be accurately and fairly judged if most of it is being ignored?
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    Regardless of personal opinions, I'm not sure that website's article or rating bear any significance in the grand scheme of things. Whoever wrote that article made two very important mistakes.

First, in including the class changes. The class changes were NOT included in the HD expansion. Everyone in the entire game got those regardless of their HD purchase. Therefore it is not fair or accurate to include the class changes in an article about HD. They came at the same time, but that's it. If an ore node was floating in the middle of Trollshaws and the devs fixed that bug with HD, does that mean the bug fix was a part of HD? No. They merely came at the same time. So, good or bad, discussion or rating for the class changes should not be incorporated into the discussion or rating of HD. They are two completely different fish.

Second, in almost completely disregarding the rest of the expansion. The writer touched extremely lightly on scenery, but gave almost no consideration whatsoever to the landscape questing. Unless that website is a site that grades almost exclusively on the end-games of various MMOs, then to skip the bulk of the expansion is pretty cheap. Where is the discussion of the story lines, both epic and non-epic? Why was 95% of the article almost entirely about the Epic Battles? How can something be accurately and fairly judged if most of it is being ignored?
    Whether the class changes were included or not, they were released at the same time and affect the outcome. I personally hate them and I will always think of them as part of HD. I think it's perfectly fair to incorporate the discussion with HD - that's where we got it.

For people interested in end game the questing aspect isn't as important. Sorry, it just isn't. I don't remember the quests as being enjoyable. I remember picking up after a lot of lazy people. There was also the kill X number of Y. The epic was about normal for lotro, and the landscape is always top notch but isn't enough to make up for the complete lack of end game content. Epic Battles were in my opinion an Epic Failure.

Most of the expansion is being ignored because most of it you complete in a week or less. The sustainability is in the end game. It's missing with Helms Deep.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Who the heck is 'GameStar' and why do I care? lol

I don't go to RottenTomatoes to decide if I like a movie or not.

We give these internet bloggers, yes, I call them bloggers even if they say they are an 'online news' source, too much influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Beschutzer View Post
    Who the heck is 'GameStar' and why do I care? lol

I don't go to RottenTomatoes to decide if I like a movie or not.

We give these internet bloggers, yes, I call them bloggers even if they say they are an 'online news' source, too much influence.
    My dear ignorant American friend. GameStar is just one of the best-selling (of not the best-selling) European PC games magazines. You can concur to their review or not. This is up to you. But as a company you should better not ignore negative reviews, especially by a magazine that reaches quite a significant number of readers/customers on your market.
    I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people. ... I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

I'm sorry but I myself would never buy a game for the graphics. Hence, graphics are only a minor point in my evaluation of HD. The quests (epic and non-epic) are rather dull and repetitive. Like you did the exact same storyline before, just under another name in another region. Additionally, I got very fast sick of all the whiny and/or incompetent tanes/leaders/female-wannabe-leader. Actually, at some points I thought that they outright deserved to be kicked around by orcs. Eowyn in the epics being the absolute unbearable, spoiled and miss-educated brat. (QQ QQ But I wanna be a man. QQ But I want to lead my people. QQ But I don't want to take responsibility and lead my people to safety. QQ Instead I want to go on suicide mission. QQ QQ Not that there were enough men that would prefer to take her place instead of being forced to fight. But then those men were not of noble birth and were not asked.)
    I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people. ... I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnipurake View Post
    My dear ignorant American friend. GameStar is just one of the best-selling (of not the best-selling) European PC games magazines. You can concur to their review or not. This is up to you. But as a company you should better not ignore negative reviews, especially by a magazine that reaches quite a significant number of readers/customers on your market.
    It may very well reach alot,...but not me or anyone I play with. Do we represent the minority?

I don't mind the ignorant remark either,..we have plenty of 'reviewers' here,..I don't care to add to that list.

It's a game,...not medical science, which I'd prolly hold more weight to. But to see people come into a room and post things like,..omg,..so and so said this,..it's not helpful.

Personally I think , lotro has gotten shallower, but I still enjoy it.. See,..that's my opinion, from experience. Tell us yours, not some magazines. Ah,..see,.your last post is better We get enough heresy.

It may very well reach alot,...but not me or anyone I play with. Do we represent the minority?

I don't mind the ignorant remark either,..we have plenty of 'reviewers' here,..I don't care to add to that list.

It's a game,...not medical science, which I'd prolly hold more weight to. But to see people come into a room and post things like,..omg,..so and so said this,..it's not helpful.

Personally I think , lotro has gotten shallower, but I still enjoy it.. See,..that's my opinion, from experience. Tell us yours, not some magazines. Ah,..see,.your last post is better We get enough heresy.
    "Some magazines" opinion is a darn sight more important to LotRO than yours my friend, because virtually nobody (relatively speaking) will read yours, whereas hundreds of thousands will read that magazine's opinion. LotRO is losing or has lost a lot of their long standing subscibers and is counting on enticing new players to the game, they can't afford negative reviews like that discouraging new money into the game.

I agree and share most of the opinions expressed on the review.

The article makes mention of landscape quest content, basically the ridiculous premise that ours by this point more than overpowered characters are reduced to running errands, cleaning dishes and being treated like dirt all the time. I find that a painfully accurate description of the questing experience in West Rohan. If anything, seriously taking into account landscape content should LOWER the rating.

Not that it really matters, said content being a mere excuse to fill the gap between 10 levels of leveling experience. A MMO is always rated according to the endgame, and other that pvp (with all his own problems) in LOTRO there's NONE to be found. Very bad indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    "Some magazines" opinion is a darn sight more important to LotRO than yours my friend, because virtually nobody (relatively speaking) will read yours, whereas hundreds of thousands will read that magazine's opinion. LotRO is losing or has lost a lot of their long standing subscibers and is counting on enticing new players to the game, they can't afford negative reviews like that discouraging new money into the game.
    I see your point,..so this is meant to be an altruistic post made by a lover of lotro to plead Turbine to 'pay attention' to another game reviewer site and take heart? Or a threat?
    Or some internet evidence to support someone's current dislike for lotro?

The game is old,.what do ya want? I'm sorry,..but I guess my beef is more with company's feeling they need to 'cowtow' in fear from the prosumer mediascape.

I guess it's the opinion that Turbine doesn't read reviews? or have some kind of PR dept that looks into this?

And like you said,..our opinions here are of little impact so why bother posting articles like this?

Yeah,..I am playing devil's advocate to some degree,..but I'm stuck at work on a Sunday and it sucks.

Here's another opinion, putting myself out there but I don't give a &^%.

I think that ship has sailed. Turbine went down this path. It is prolly working out, numbers-wise, for them. there is a bottom-line,..which is probably way below what any lotro lover would like...that they are comfortable with. I find it funny that the best part of the game with the most content, is the exact segment of the game they are offering to skip.

Any 'new' player that they entice SHOULD play this part at least,..it's all new to them afterall,...no bias of 'remembering how it was'.
    Heck,..they should /may as well unlock the ENTIRE level 1-50 zones, quests and all, and lump that into f2p.

did I mention I am at work? sorry for soapboxing,..
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Whether the class changes were included or not, they were released at the same time and affect the outcome. I personally hate them and I will always think of them as part of HD. I think it's perfectly fair to incorporate the discussion with HD - that's where we got it.
    The distinction comes with the $$$ sign, though. Perhaps something was lost in the translation, but does make a point of explaining the different versions (Base vs Premium). Any time a monetary amount is attached to something, appropriate representation should be included. As the $$$ relates only to the expansion and not to the class changes, it is misrepresentation to say otherwise.

For people interested in end game the questing aspect isn't as important. Sorry, it just isn't. I don't remember the quests as being enjoyable. I remember picking up after a lot of lazy people. There was also the kill X number of Y. The epic was about normal for lotro, and the landscape is always top notch but isn't enough to make up for the complete lack of end game content. Epic Battles were in my opinion an Epic Failure.

Most of the expansion is being ignored because most of it you complete in a week or less. The sustainability is in the end game. It's missing with Helms Deep.
    I agree with that, in much the same way that content for soloers will be far more important to them than any end-game content, which is why I wasn't sure what the purpose of the website is. Is that website one that focuses more on end-game content for MMOs? If its target audience is the end-gamers, then it's more or less spot on; but if it was designed to address everyone interested in the game, then it should have included the entire expansion. Otherwise it's just not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnipurake View Post
    I'm sorry but I myself would never buy a game for the graphics. Hence, graphics are only a minor point in my evaluation of HD. The quests (epic and non-epic) are rather dull and repetitive. Like you did the exact same storyline before, just under another name in another region. Additionally, I got very fast sick of all the whiny and/or incompetent tanes/leaders/female-wannabe-leader. Actually, at some points I thought that they outright deserved to be kicked around by orcs. Eowyn in the epics being the absolute unbearable, spoiled and miss-educated brat. (QQ QQ But I wanna be a man. QQ But I want to lead my people. QQ But I don't want to take responsibility and lead my people to safety. QQ Instead I want to go on suicide mission. QQ QQ Not that there were enough men that would prefer to take her place instead of being forced to fight. But then those men were not of noble birth and were not asked.)
    And that is totally okay. But that's my whole point: what is the intended (target) audience of that website and its articles? Is it genuinely supposed to focus on raiding and other end-game content? Or was it not? If you are going to put a grade on an expansion, then discuss the entire expansion. If you are going to put a grade on an expansion's end game content, then do the same. The article makes as to grade the entire expansion, but disregards much of the expansion (which is ironic, considering it gives considerable mention to something that is technically not part of that expansion).

Accurate representation means representing everything involved. Even if a reporter doesn't care for graphics or general content and only cares about end-game content, that reporter still must discuss all of that if his/her article is supposed to be grading all of it.

And if you have that much problem with Eowyn, perhaps this isn't the game for you. She is a canon character and did indeed want to go to war, even if she was just a woman. And considering her contribution as a woman, I think everyone should be darn grateful for her courage and determination.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaneth View Post
    IThe article makes mention of landscape quest content, basically the ridiculous premise that ours by this point more than overpowered characters are reduced to running errands, cleaning dishes and being treated like dirt all the time. I find that a painfully accurate description of the questing experience in West Rohan. If anything, seriously taking into account landscape content should LOWER the rating.
    I find this extremely short-sighted, however. These are the same kinds of quests we've always had, or has everyone forgotten carrying pies and mail-bags around the Shire, and the hundreds of other quests scattered all over Middle-Earth that are much the same?

I find this extremely short-sighted, however. These are the same kinds of quests we've always had, or has everyone forgotten carrying pies and mail-bags around the Shire, and the hundreds of other quests scattered all over Middle-Earth that are much the same?
    There were other zones to level in rather than carry pies. There were also more quests in the Shire than you needed, so carrying pies and mailbags was optional. I skipped those areas personally. I love the Shire but there is not enough TP in the world to make me carry their sad mailbags and rotten pies. Skipping the Shire didn't penalize us at all. The difference here is we are forced to clean up their slop because if we don't we can't do the next quests and won't get our trait points.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

I'm surprised though that they are not part of the Metacritic reviews. Is there a different one that Europeans uses or is this just the primary site for European gamers?

I remember though on the movie Ratatouille yes... something about how easy a critic life could be? But if I score this as an epic fail i wouldn't give the game a 67 out of 100. Maybe somewhere along the lines of 40-45, guess they are using a different system where you go under 70, it is a fail? lol

Ah, so a game review site decided to give a negative remark about LOTRO? Gratz, LOTRO complainers for now having a better ground to stand and complain more

I guess I will continue to stick to this 'negative-remarked' game for a little longer, while enjoy playing another "greatly-negative-remarked" PS3 game which was evaluted below 60 by most of game review sites. Strangely, I often see the charm of what people dislike about :P
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

i have to say, of all the LOTRO content that i have played and enjoyed, i have been extremely disappointed so far with this expansion. Besides that fact that the Big Battles are mindlessly boring runs until a side quest pops up, they are also STILL buggy in many respects. the bug i notice the most however is Glittering Caves Spider quest, which is as far as i know, bugged to be impossible. i have cleared every single cocoon, killed every spider without them ever getting close to the crystals, and yet i get gold every time, which as a result, screws the rest of the instance up, as you cannot receive platinum for the end quest then as well. it is also horribly annoying to go into a mindless battle hoping for a new side quest, ANY new side quest and still receive the exact same side quest as the last eight runs. then we you do get platinum rewards, half of the awards have strange procs that ( in my humble opinion ) make no sense. for example, my burg got its third parry proc ring ring today. this ring has main stat being VITALITY, and gives a proc for parry rating. Why in the world am i getting a class specific item that has vit as the main stat? was this ring meant for wardens? cause i would much rather get this ring on my ward than my burg.

besides my immense frustration with buggy and highly annoying Big Battle system, i have to agree with some above posters about how much i despised most of the quest content. There were a few times were i did enjoy the quests, were i suddenly felt an emotional attachment for some strange reason to the npc. However, nearly every quests objective was boring, either as others have said; collecting random junk lying around or killing a few desperately easy to defeat npcs. i found a small fellowship quest for killing trolls with only 36k morale, which barely took any effort at all, ( especially on a burg). however, of all the quests, the one that annoyed me by far the most was a small quest within the fortress of Helms's Deep itself. my small hobbit burglar was asked to retrieve a barrel of iron ( i think it was weapons) from helms dike. i rode out to helms dike, and discovered that i had to carry this barrel ALL the way back to the place i had come from. about a four to five minute walk of absolute boredom, that i nearly fell asleep doing. ( besides the fact that my hobbit was smaller than the barrel of iron weapons that it carried. i believe hobbits now have super strength.)

i really enjoy LOTRO, but the new update is painful for me. it is brutal work to try to level a toon from 85 to cap level because of how boring the quests are. in fact, i almost prefer spamming the same instance over and over again for xp to grinding those quests, forget the couple of extra trait points. it is also painful to receive hard earned gear grinding boring mob blender instances, and get gear that feels like it belongs to another class.

i have not heard of this review site ( ignorant American) but i would agree with the low rating. i would give most of the new updated content a low rating myself.

i dont know for sure how to fix all of these issues, but for me at least, i would love to see the bugs finally weeded out of Big Battles. it would be nice to actually get what your group has earned instead of bugged out rewards. (also, does anyone know why this burg proc ring feels like a warden tanking item? would love to know if the ring feels this way on purpose or if it is another bug)

one bright side, at least for me was the big battle raid. while still buggy, it turned out to be the most interesting new content by far for me. running the raid in a pug ( you never know what your gona get with pugz O_o) the instance actually seemed to offer somewhat of a challenge, requiring teamwork to keep the npcs alive, and platinum the side quests. even though it still felt pretty much like a mob blender instance, it really felt more like an actual battle was happening with different players rushing about completing their jobs on the walls. perhaps this run becomes another grind fest in a well organized raid, idk. but out of every bit of new content that came with Helms Deep, this raid was for me, by fair the most interesting content in the expansion. (which to be honest, is not really saying much.. XD).

Sorry to rage for so long :P
    ~Songrider

I think that ship has sailed. Turbine went down this path. It is prolly working out, numbers-wise, for them. there is a bottom-line,..which is probably way below what any lotro lover would like...that they are comfortable with. I find it funny that the best part of the game with the most content, is the exact segment of the game they are offering to skip.

Any 'new' player that they entice SHOULD play this part at least,..it's all new to them afterall,...no bias of 'remembering how it was'.
    Heck,..they should /may as well unlock the ENTIRE level 1-50 zones, quests and all, and lump that into f2p.

did I mention I am at work? sorry for soapboxing,..
    cheers
    Soapbox away, I'm happy reading and responding. I agree wholeheartedly that the earlier regions are the best part of the game. I have started all new characters since XP Disablers became available and am playing it all through again using those disablers to enjoy onlevel questing and exploring. At least I was until HD made to game so ridiculously overpowered that even play 5-6 levels below quest levels is a boring facerolling experience. As I've said in another thread, I have a Lore Master who has not even selected a skill tree yet or spent any skill points. He has never summoned his pet and uses only the free skills that are not included in the skill trees, yet he is level 47 playing in Angmar and still undying! He doesn't even NEED any skill trees, so what is the point of them? He might as well be playing Care Bears Playground, or Hello Kitty for all the challenge he faces! Gameplay like that may attract some new players, but the type who plays games that easy and unchallenging are the type who won't stay around for long before moving to new games and are unlikely to spend much if any money here.

There were other zones to level in rather than carry pies. There were also more quests in the Shire than you needed, so carrying pies and mailbags was optional. I skipped those areas personally. I love the Shire but there is not enough TP in the world to make me carry their sad mailbags and rotten pies. Skipping the Shire didn't penalize us at all. The difference here is we are forced to clean up their slop because if we don't we can't do the next quests and won't get our trait points.
    Good point. I guess what you might be saying is that you dislike the linear progression through content these days, what with having no choices in which route you take? I could totally understand that, and heartily approve of something along this line. I will note, however, that HD is an expansion. Can Turbine really be expected to produce several different expansions at the same time for the same level range, just so that players can have a choice in what route they take? It seems the only feasible way to implement this sort of choice would be to have multiple quest packs cover the same range, the way Lorien/Mirkwood and Enedwaith did. That's basically what we had in Eriador. Places like the Lone Lands or North Downs that covered much the same levels, or Forochel, Angmar, and the Misties. We had more choices back then. But on the flip side, a lot of people complain about over-leveling content because they want to do all of it. If non-linear progression is such a big hit, why are games like SWTOR and Neverwinter still in the top end of MMOs (at least they both are from what I understand). They have extremely linear progression -- literally no choice whatsoever. You go from A to B to C when the game tells you to.

Good point. I guess what you might be saying is that you dislike the linear progression through content these days, what with having no choices in which route you take? I could totally understand that, and heartily approve of something along this line. I will note, however, that HD is an expansion. Can Turbine really be expected to produce several different expansions at the same time for the same level range, just so that players can have a choice in what route they take? It seems the only feasible way to implement this sort of choice would be to have multiple quest packs cover the same range, the way Lorien/Mirkwood and Enedwaith did. That's basically what we had in Eriador. Places like the Lone Lands or North Downs that covered much the same levels, or Forochel, Angmar, and the Misties. We had more choices back then. But on the flip side, a lot of people complain about over-leveling content because they want to do all of it. If non-linear progression is such a big hit, why are games like SWTOR and Neverwinter still in the top end of MMOs (at least they both are from what I understand). They have extremely linear progression -- literally no choice whatsoever. You go from A to B to C when the game tells you to.
    But now Turbine has XP disablers to stop over-leveling and that makes multiple regions at the same level a viable alternative to the boring, insipid content of more recent expansions where we feel like a guided tour down a defined corridor with no choices except play or quit! This game feels like it has moved from an open world to a very narrow and claustrophobic stairway we have to climb.

SWTOR and Neverwinter still in the top end of MMOs (at least they both are from what I understand). They have extremely linear progression -- literally no choice whatsoever. You go from A to B to C when the game tells you to.
    They are 'Top End' !?! hhehhe omg,...it's over,man,...Game Over,...

Stop the Server,..I wanna get off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    But now Turbine has XP disablers to stop over-leveling and that makes multiple regions at the same level a viable alternative to the boring, insipid content of more recent expansions where we feel like a guided tour down a defined corridor with no choices except play or quit! This game feels like it has moved from an open world to a very narrow and claustrophobic stairway we have to climb.
    Also true, but as XP disablers are costly, a lot of people don't want to take them. Just the other day I saw a thread here that complained about the free trial VIP (the one that lasts 14 days and was a limited time offer). They complained because of the rest XP. Unless I misunderstand how they work and that rest XP overrides XP disablers, there does seem to be a fair amount of people who refuse to buy them and continue to complain about how fast they over-level content.

I also doubt it is very feasible to have a non-linear quest progression in expansions. Regular quest packs, sure, but not expansions. Unless of course Turbine releases more than one expansion all at the same time, but that seems like a waste of resources. And, sad as it is, they have enough problems getting one expansion out, much less multiple ones. And why have any single expansion have multiple different paths to take? Would that even be possible?

They are 'Top End' !?! hhehhe omg,...it's over,man,...Game Over,...

Stop the Server,..I wanna get off.

Hm... I don't claim they are. I despise SWTOR (surprised that game hasn't died yet), and while Neverwinter had a combat system that intrigued me, I didn't much care for that game either. I'm just saying that in general terms, they are seemingly still relatively popular. And that's based on observation alone. Those two games, as well as Rift and WoW, have been the most talked about MMOs (MMOs that have been out at least a few years) in my experience, aside from LOTRO of course. Obviously EQN/EQNL and ESO are talked about a lot and both may join the so-called "top ranks". But still...

Quote Originally Posted by RenamedFS View Post
    bad is bad in any language...I waited till it was on sale (50% off) and still feel like I got ripped off. there isn't one facet of this game that isn't affected by poor or lazy design, from loot and instances to pvp and bugs/exploits, it runs the gamut of suck.
    and now they announce no new xpack and basically marketing speech to try and get us to sub, then sapience announces there will be ZERO reason to sub, i bet he got called into the bosses office for letting that info slip

Hm... I don't claim they are. I despise SWTOR (surprised that game hasn't died yet), and while Neverwinter had a combat system that intrigued me, I didn't much care for that game either. I'm just saying that in general terms, they are seemingly still relatively popular. And that's based on observation alone. Those two games, as well as Rift and WoW, have been the most talked about MMOs (MMOs that have been out at least a few years) in my experience, aside from LOTRO of course. Obviously EQN/EQNL and ESO are talked about a lot and both may join the so-called "top ranks". But still...
    I'm joking,....I guess I need more smiley emoticons.

RIFT and WOW,..I'd place above those two anyhow,..but is that saying much?

It always surprises me that whenever I log into some past games,..like Rift, TSW,..and DCUO,...I still see a good population. And it saddens me too,..that all these people used to be on one game,..but now there are so many that we are all spread too thin,...but alas,...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast