We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

PVMP - Captain Builds (None Yellow/Blue)

Has anyone found a viable setup for the Moors, specifically for 1v1 (GTA/GLC) for fighting Reavers?

I don't want to use the blue or yellow line and i don't want to use any heals if possible.

Pre HD, i had a high crit, crit defence, mit build, 5 reds, with 2 blues (not using rallying cry) and seem to do pretty well during spars. Now i'm finding it some what challenging to chew through 60-70k morale without healing and relying on massive crits.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Lob

Start with in harms, time of need (Dismiss pet), banner - grave wound( dont use cutting or grave woundnt stacking coz of the bugs in red). GW>BS>SS>DB>SL>SS>BE>In Harms>repeat (keep stacking only grave) - Works vs all non spaming wrath reavers and macroers 100% (works vs most wrath reavers also except most skilled onces). No heals except the noble mark. If u get 2 disarms and 2 impales i think its ok to use rally cry coz it heals for 1-2k but reavers glory in victory which they use non stop heals alot more trough the whole fights. U can also use full crafted jewells for around 26k morale which helps also in longer fights which last around 50sec. Rest fights ends in 30sec.

Last edited by Sabrian; Jan 11 2014 at 01:36 AM.
    Leader of Warlords | Captain - Defracture, Champion - Skrech, Loremaster - Aallexx, Burglar - Devilas

Why are you dismissing the Herald after using Time of Need?
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Herald is usable only for initial to arms because after few sec u will use in harms which u dont want to take 50% of the dmg herald takes without any mitigations. U can use archer and pop evade buff which makes herald unkillable but still u dont want to use inspire because its healing skill though the heals from inspire in red are pathetic anyway but still.
    Leader of Warlords | Captain - Defracture, Champion - Skrech, Loremaster - Aallexx, Burglar - Devilas

Cheers Alex.

Lob

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrian View Post
    Start with in harms, time of need (Dismiss pet), banner - grave wound( dont use cutting or grave woundnt stacking coz of the bugs in red). GW>BS>SS>DB>SL>SS>BE>In Harms>repeat (keep stacking only grave) - Works vs all non spaming wrath reavers and macroers 100% (works vs most wrath reavers also except most skilled onces). No heals except the noble mark. If u get 2 disarms and 2 impales i think its ok to use rally cry coz it heals for 1-2k but reavers glory in victory which they use non stop heals alot more trough the whole fights. U can also use full crafted jewells for around 26k morale which helps also in longer fights which last around 50sec. Rest fights ends in 30sec.

Couple questions and comments:

If you remove your pet while to arms is still up you will lose the to arms buff, only blade brothers call will be up. This isn't a problem if you use to arms after your IHW ( because you remove your pet then to make sure you don't get additional damage) but i'm pretty sure you use it right when the fight starts. Archer evade helps a lot with this as you have said in your other post.

Why not put to arms, time of need and bleed pulses on swap li's? you're missing a lot of base damage legacies like light skill damage and telling mark.

If i look at your rotation you use SL before Boe ( wich you had from your BS crit rotation start) wich means you're losing additional damage from the BoE buff but i guess you do that because you want the melee crit multi buff after dev blow for SL . For some reason my SL also doesn't crit if i use it after dev blow ( it will dev or normal hit), tested it 40 times on a dummy and it just won't crit or i might be unlucky. If it does though you can stack the BoE buff and the dev blow buff for your 2nd SL for max dps

7-8k crit def seems rather low especially since you have the same morale as me while i'm sitting at 11.7k ( 55.2% and i still wear 4 com 2 loy) crit def build. Your crit is almost 2k higher than me though wich seems a bit too much since you also have your tactic buff and the crit legacy on your weapon.

Why not use cutting attack after grave wound? You can just reapply your grave wound once the cutting attack bleed is over and have both bleeds up. I have the feeling the bleed pulses legacy works in your disadvantage here cuz from what i read you never slow your opponent or you rely on the archer slow ( wich is pottable and resists a lot). Putting the bleed pulses legacy on your swap emblem is nice if you think you're gonna die so you just apply your GW and CA up on the opponent wich might kill him when you're already dead.

Why not remove 2 points from the yellow bleed trait and put it in the routing cry stun trait?

As for the healing part i think using a 30s time of need is way more effective than thowing in a 1-4k heal against a reaver. I prefer not to rely on cds when i'm 1vs1ing but that's just a personal style i guess.
    Last edited by tarpelion; Jan 12 2014 at 01:56 PM. Reason: typos
    Second Marshall Tarpelion/Commander Huntarp/Master guardsman Vindicto
    Stainless

Like someone else pointed out, SL damage is far inferior to Light skills damage. That is, because not only SL, but also BS, Banner and BoE are light. Not to mention that SL is +15%, whereas Light skill damage is +25%.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

The combat is very fast atm around 30sec for a fight. Theres no time to swap except before the fight. Sl crits very rare indeed. 25% light dmg is good yes i placed it on the sure strike spot. Bleed pulses is the only thing that wins me the fights since 2 GW dots cant be b/p/e or miss. Slowing my enemy is disadvantage missing CA dot is disadvantage but 2 GW dots criting for 2k each 2 sec is more important to me. For dismissing pet yes dismissing when about to use IHW maybe typed it wrong
    Last edited by Sabrian; Jan 13 2014 at 02:25 AM.

The combat is very fast atm around 30sec for a fight. Theres no time to swap except before the fight. Sl crits very rare indeed. 25% light dmg is good yes i placed it on the sure strike spot. Bleed pulses is the only thing that wins me the fights since 2 GW dots cant be b/p/e or miss. Slowing my enemy is disadvantage missing CA dot is disadvantage but 2 GW dots criting for 2k each 2 sec is more important to me. For dismissing pet yes dismissing when about to use IHW maybe typed it wrong
    if you use hotkeys for skills you can just put your li's up on hotkeys to swap easily. You can use to arms when the fight starts and swap emblems when you use your bleeds. The best place to swap that light skill damage legacy with would be shadows lament and not sure strike since you'll use SS a lot more. About the pet part i meant that if you use to arms at the beginning and IHW after it, dismissing your pet will remove your to arms buff.
    Stainless

Quote Originally Posted by tarpelion View Post
    if you use hotkeys for skills you can just put your li's up on hotkeys to swap easily. You can use to arms when the fight starts and swap emblems when you use your bleeds. The best place to swap that light skill damage legacy with would be shadows lament and not sure strike since you'll use SS a lot more. About the pet part i meant that if you use to arms at the beginning and IHW after it, dismissing your pet will remove your to arms buff.
    I thought only weapon swaps work at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    I thought only weapon swaps work at this point?
    Pretty sure we can once again swap class items in combat. Now, only jewellery needs to come back...
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Pretty sure we can once again swap class items in combat. Now, only jewellery needs to come back...
    You can - my minnie swaps instruments in fights.

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

Nice post Skrech !

What is this bleed's bug you guys are talking about???
    #JeSuisDunc

[img]http://i59.tinypic.com/11rgmfm.png[/img]

... grave wound( dont use cutting or grave woundnt stacking coz of the bugs in red).
    What's that bug? I'm a lot newer to captain hehe
    Selembar - R12 - Minstrel
    Celem - R6 - Champion
    PvP Youtube channel
    Kinship : Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by RohirrimCaptain View Post
    Nice post Skrech !

What is this bleed's bug you guys are talking about???

if you use Grave wound after Cutting attack you will not get the bleed from Grave wound on your target. This will probably be fixed in 12.2
    Stainless

Actually managed to try this out last night - with quite a lot of success. All fights were close but i was generally the victor, the bleed damage from GW is horrific. I'm going to refine my build and rotation some what and probably record a few fights.

Certainly far more entertaining than using the yellow line. I honestly don't see the point of yellow line at 1v1.

Cheers for the help.

Lob

Quote Originally Posted by Lobla View Post
    Actually managed to try this out last night - with quite a lot of success. All fights were close but i was generally the victor, the bleed damage from GW is horrific. I'm going to refine my build and rotation some what and probably record a few fights.

Certainly far more entertaining than using the yellow line. I honestly don't see the point of yellow line at 1v1.

Cheers for the help.

Lob
    I'm interested in your gear ;p Saw you in Blue traits on 22k while using Sarchol... I'm on 19k ish in red. Where do you get the morale from, except BFP? Alex's build has too many crafted pieces for me to afford... Are you using the same?
    Brandywine

I'm interested in your gear ;p Saw you in Blue traits on 22k while using Sarchol... I'm on 19k ish in red. Where do you get the morale from, except BFP? Alex's build has too many crafted pieces for me to afford... Are you using the same?
    Send me a tell in game - you can have a look lol.

Lob

P.s moved house recently wont be on for a bit.

Crafted gear is very nice imo, if you need a hand getting it in game gimmie a yell, i can help you out.
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

Has anyone considered going Red with sword and board? It seems to me that a large part of the success of yellow line is getting 30% block. Yes there are many other factors, but the point wouldn't be to have the same survivability as in Yellow line. It would be about finding the right mix of reduced offense and increased survivability.
    Commander Cariance - Mostly Dead - Riddermark
    Sentry Wariance - ISMELLMANFLESH - Riddermark

Quote Originally Posted by RtrnofdMax View Post
    Has anyone considered going Red with sword and board? It seems to me that a large part of the success of yellow line is getting 30% block. Yes there are many other factors, but the point wouldn't be to have the same survivability as in Yellow line. It would be about finding the right mix of reduced offense and increased survivability.
    Seems to me like a larger part of the success of yellow is the extra morale and particularly the bubble. But certainly the block doesn't hurt. Going S&B seems like it is gimping red's strength, which is decent single target DPS. I can see switching to S&B if traited red/blue to turtle up and try and survive when focused (if you have healing support), but doesn't feel like the obvious choice to me to start out that way?

Seems to me like a larger part of the success of yellow is the extra morale and particularly the bubble. But certainly the block doesn't hurt. Going S&B seems like it is gimping red's strength, which is decent single target DPS. I can see switching to S&B if traited red/blue to turtle up and try and survive when focused (if you have healing support), but doesn't feel like the obvious choice to me to start out that way?
    I definitely don't know as I have only a few days experience at 95. The biggest eye opener for me was going out red traited without any audacity the first day and just getting destroyed by a warg. We're talking less than 10s and dead. At first I thought it was the audacity that kept me from even getting to act, but then I switched to yellow traits. Same gear, same 1 audacity and now I can run around in creep raids and do just fine. I haven't popped my bubble yet out there. That's the only reason why I am assuming block is so important.
    Commander Cariance - Mostly Dead - Riddermark
    Sentry Wariance - ISMELLMANFLESH - Riddermark

Well to be fair, Red's strength is the huge crits, and Revealing Mark seems perfect to maintain surviveability (combined with DB crits for RC). I don't really see the point in going S&B.

Quote Originally Posted by MessyR View Post
    Crafted gear is very nice imo, if you need a hand getting it in game gimmie a yell, i can help you out.
    Will do thanks
    Brandywine

I definitely don't know as I have only a few days experience at 95. The biggest eye opener for me was going out red traited without any audacity the first day and just getting destroyed by a warg. We're talking less than 10s and dead. At first I thought it was the audacity that kept me from even getting to act, but then I switched to yellow traits. Same gear, same 1 audacity and now I can run around in creep raids and do just fine. I haven't popped my bubble yet out there. That's the only reason why I am assuming block is so important.

The block is only a piece in the puzzle regarding LoM:
    +5% parry, additional parry from On Guard
    sometimes +5% evade
    Armor buff from Sure Strike
    +25% to 29% extra morale
    Heals from Exemplar (about 500-700 and upwards per proc)

However, the biggest advantage for LoM is all the buffs you can get to -% incoming damage.
    Audacity gives up to -30% incoming damage
    IHW up to -20% incoming damage
    On guard gives -3% incoming damage (it's called +3% defence for some reason)
    To Arms give -15% incoming damage
    SotD is -75% incoming damage

Most of the buffs are pretty much unavailable or only available in weaker versions for LtC or HoH traited Captains, and it's the combination of all these defensive bonuses that make LoM Captains so tough. Using S&B in LtC is only going to give you one of the bonuses mentioned above and not even to full extent (only 25% unless you use a LOT of points in LoM)
    Last edited by Elrantiri; Jan 20 2014 at 05:17 PM.

The idea of the thread was to outline a way of sparring at 1v1 with very little healing and not using Yellow line. Yellow line on CPT for the Moors is grossly over powered and in my opinion doesn't represent any level of skill as its just a case of mashing the next "i win button" during a spar.

Whilst i can appreciate red line being frustrating at first, tailoring your build and rotation, plenty of practise you'll shortly become a formidable opponent.

Lob